Looking forward to 2048 Linden Homes...

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

How many Linden homes do you have now?

I have -- let me think -- 7 I think.

I got two of them right next to each other with the new option on Premium Plus, so it's really like having a 2048.

I still like the Mainland better.

I have nine: 2 vics, 4 trads, 2 stilts, 1 fantasy

One is on my main, so I try not to count that one (lol)

Anyone that wants to visit can: Highmarket, Knebworth, Rocky Heights, Graff, Permaglow, South Haven, Coral Cottage, Admirals Landing and Leatherin Bogshire.

Scattered all over like autumn leaves...LOL

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

How many Linden homes do you have now?

I have -- let me think -- 7 I think.

I got two of them right next to each other with the new option on Premium Plus, so it's really like having a 2048.

I still like the Mainland better.

Just 2 for me now, & I'll likely go down to just 1 Premium subscription in December. I love my Linden Homes though.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Just 2 for me now, & I'll likely go down to just 1 Premium subscription in December. I love my Linden Homes though.

I imagine I will go down to five, only some of which will have Bellisseria homes, likely at least three where I have BBB stamp locations that get visits. I think probably I'll want only one PP account, possibly a second for helpers to take screen shots, when I need to log on an avatar with no or very little inventory who can get on SL from a bad connection and/or poor computer when I'm not at home. More and more I find that important.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Ack, I wish I had your restraint!  I have clearly exceeded my limits but I can't let go of any of them!  🙀

You'd be amazed just how quickly you can get over them when you pull the "abandoned" lever. Try this experiment. Find the closest little rez area or park or even turn in the road and landmark it. Tell yourself that you will let the house go, but come visit that area you loved. Now notice how you never do. There's always a better one around the corner.

• Like 10

I have 4 LH and one hopper for fun.  I never hold more than 1 house in a theme.  If my hopper catches a great spot in a theme I already have, I have to decide on one and let one go. Right now I have a log cabin, a fantasy, a trad and a stilt.  Stilts are my least favorite theme because I just hate tropical landscaping, but I found staring at an endless empty ocean is pretty fantastic. 

I am soooooo happy to see SOME of the landscaping around the houseboats near chalets is NOT tropical, but I've been waiting a long time for them to be released. 😪

I don't really like the Newbrookes or chalets much.

As far as waiting for the 2048, I'll wait to see what they look like.  I'm pretty happy with a 1024

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have 4 LH and one hopper for fun.  I never hold more than 1 house in a theme.  If my hopper catches a great spot in a theme I already have, I have to decide on one and let one go. Right now I have a log cabin, a fantasy, a trad and a stilt.  Stilts are my least favorite theme because I just hate tropical landscaping, but I found staring at an endless empty ocean is pretty fantastic. 

I am soooooo happy to see SOME of the landscaping around the houseboats near chalets is NOT tropical, but I've been waiting a long time for them to be released. 😪

I don't really like the Newbrookes or chalets much.

As far as waiting for the 2048, I'll wait to see what they look like.  I'm pretty happy with a 1024

Sakurasseria shows you how happy you can actually be on a 512.

• Like 7

On 9/3/2022 at 3:39 PM, Alec Kaestner said:

I'm looking forward to the '2048s as well, though I'm still enjoying my Newbank (and the neighborhood!).

What I REALLY WISH LL would do, would be to start publishing FLOOR PLANS of the Linden Homes.

You mean the new ones that they have said they might be doing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:39 PM, Alec Kaestner said:

I'm looking forward to the '2048s as well, though I'm still enjoying my Newbank (and the neighborhood!).

What I REALLY WISH LL would do, would be to start publishing FLOOR PLANS of the Linden Homes.

I don't think they could do this until they're sure those aren't going to change.

• 2 weeks later...

I had gotten down from 9 to 5 and was so proud of myself for doing that... the next day I discovered someone was abandoning a beach trad parcel I had wanted for a couple of years.. so tried for it and caught it. Then a couple of days later someone talked me into using my PP to request a stunning Stilt OL that was on a just released... so now I am back up to 7... sigh

2 trad

1 vic

1 OL Stilt

1 Pier stilt

1 newbrook 512

1 sakura

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 8/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, Fay Starlight said:

...especially since I tried a couple mainland parcels recently. It's nice to have the prims.

I've gone the other way. Camper life. Less prims, more efficiency in how I use them.

Something I found from years of having large, sometimes double prim lots is that I would get a huge house and then find myself never going into most of the rooms.

Even with most of the 1024 Linden Homes - if there's a door inside the home, I might as well delete the space on the other side of it.

I just can't be bothered to interrupted my flow of activity to move my mouse onto the screen and click something (all my doors in my old mainland home were scripted to open when I bumped into them).

But so much space... means not just filling it but also using it. I used to wonder why "old people" would move out of their large homes into small 1 or 2 bedroom places when they retired. Now that I'm one of them in RL, I get it. My RL house has 3 too many bedrooms, and 2 too many 'family rooms' and I keep looking at smaller places and feeling like "that just looks a lot more comfortable".

I can't figure out how to fill most of the 1024s, I have no idea what I'd do with a 2048. Even if I did manage to fill it, how much of it would sit there collecting virtual dust while I spent all my time in one room of it... O.o

I use my remaining 512 for a plot on Zindra in a nightmare sim that has one of those AFK clubs in it. My plot has a skybox and inside of that I parked all my alts (including this one) that I don't really use. Purposefully picked that parcel for my desire to NOT be in it...

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I've gone the other way. Camper life. Less prims, more efficiency in how I use them.

Something I found from years of having large, sometimes double prim lots is that I would get a huge house and then find myself never going into most of the rooms.

Even with most of the 1024 Linden Homes - if there's a door inside the home, I might as well delete the space on the other side of it.

I just can't be bothered to interrupted my flow of activity to move my mouse onto the screen and click something (all my doors in my old mainland home were scripted to open when I bumped into them).

But so much space... means not just filling it but also using it. I used to wonder why "old people" would move out of their large homes into small 1 or 2 bedroom places when they retired. Now that I'm one of them in RL, I get it. My RL house has 3 too many bedrooms, and 2 too many 'family rooms' and I keep looking at smaller places and feeling like "that just looks a lot more comfortable".

I can't figure out how to fill most of the 1024s, I have no idea what I'd do with a 2048. Even if I did manage to fill it, how much of it would sit there collecting virtual dust while I spent all my time in one room of it... O.o

I use my remaining 512 for a plot on Zindra in a nightmare sim that has one of those AFK clubs in it. My plot has a skybox and inside of that I parked all my alts (including this one) that I don't really use. Purposefully picked that parcel for my desire to NOT be in it...

Interesting comments and I can just see myself going the same way but I will still have to give the 2048s a try when I can; curiosity is an incredible driving force.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, Lydia Amethyst said:

I really wish they would have had a theme ready when they launched premium plus. this waiting game is killing me. 

same, I don't understand it, to be honest its a little frustrating,.. here you can get 2048 by the way... its gonna have to be two separate places... makes NO sense

• Like 3

On 8/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, Lydia Amethyst said:

I really wish they would have had a theme ready when they launched premium plus. this waiting game is killing me.

Yes, that should have happened. Note also that a newfangled bigger home (theme) is not required for a 2048 parcel (or if it is, it is due to "policy" or "too hard" or "not a priority"). They could have just laid down some 2048 parcels in "unfinished territory" and used the existing Newbrookes or Logs or Chalets. The benefit would have been double LI.

3 hours ago, Zombi Turquoise said:

here you can get 2048 by the way... its gonna have to be two separate places... makes NO sense

The best (cheaper) way to get 2048 is with two premium accounts (not a single Premium Plus). And you get two Linden Homes.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7

On 9/2/2022 at 11:14 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Sakurasseria shows you how happy you can actually be on a 512.

Most of the 512's I've seen in Sakura appear to be unclaimed. There's a great 512 across the street from me, and it's never been owned by anyone. Similarly, none of the other 512's near me have been claimed. I haven't looked in the last 2 weeks, so maybe people have started snapping up those 512's.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new 2048 mainland parcel and love it! The house is on the small side, and it gives me the outdoor space I love.

My vote would be to structure the 2048 home options similarly so that the owner may choose from among small, medium, and large homes to suit their preferences.

It would be an extra treat to be able to choose homes from different themes, like in RL neighborhoods. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I have a new 2048 mainland parcel and love it! The house is on the small side, and it gives me the outdoor space I love.

My vote would be to structure the 2048 home options similarly so that the owner may choose from among small, medium, and large homes to suit their preferences.

It would be an extra treat to be able to choose homes from different themes, like in RL neighborhoods. 

I 100% agree, it should be different sized homes. But I think it became so popular with Newbrooke and Sakura, I am 99% sure that LL will do it for the 2048's too.

2-3 different themes would be awesome. Not recycling the old themes, but making a few differences. It could be houses with large windows and houses with more small, traditional windows. The themes I prefer, was those with big windows.

I hope the 2048's will not have only small windows.

On the bright side, I save money if I hate them. Then I have no reason to sign up.

But my first reaction to the Newbrookes, was negative. Then I saw some very nice decorated ones by @Mercedes Avon, and before I knew what happened, I had a Newbrooke! 😂

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.