At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
12 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Ahh, the good old fall back of false equivalency.

Weak.

Ahh the good old double standard.

Weak.

Are you aware that the B Boys in Hawaiian shirts are real people, but the people in black suits you compared them to are movie characters?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Are you aware that the B Boys in Hawaiian shirts are real people, but the people in black suits you compared them to are movie characters?

Hey, You don't know if the men in black exist or not.. They could have memorized yew!! \o/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Avatars in SL are also "not real" We are all actors playing whatever role we choose.  There are so many deviant things in SL that in RL would never be acceptable. Rather than try to get rid of everything some people don't like then just learn to avoid it. It's not like anyone is making people purchase items from their store.  We can speculate all day what the meaning behind the outfit is or the purpose of the store is. Simple solution...if you don't like it don't shop there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Are you aware that any avatars that might wear one of those Hawaiian shirts is just that, an avatar on a small niche platform vs internationally watched movies that very well could have launched copy cats of those movie characters?

I doubt that even .1% of the S/L population was aware Hawaiian shirts were aware of any potential similarity to these B Boys....whoever they are. And even if they are aware, so what? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Avatars in SL are also "not real" We are all actors playing whatever role we choose.  There are so many deviant things in SL that in RL would never be acceptable. Rather than try to get rid of everything some people don't like then just learn to avoid it. It's not like anyone is making people purchase items from their store.  We can speculate all day what the meaning behind the outfit is or the purpose of the store is. Simple solution...if you don't like it don't shop there.

I never advocated banning the shirts, other than my joke about their ugliness.

I was pointing out Arielle's inept comparison.

5 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Do you believe these far-right militia groups exist, and not just the B Boys?

Probably do though I usually hear far more about far left militia groups. You are remarkably quiet about them. The worse thing one can do is draw attention to them for whatever side they are on.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You realize, of course, that that is what they want! It's a kind of camouflage, often employed by extreme right wing groups, to infiltrate targets unseen!

Yes dear - I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

On the one hand, I'm glad the OP called this out. On the other, I'm not sure about the wisdom of giving the shop the extra publicity.

Interesting isn't it that under no other circumstance are we allowed to call out any particular creator for any questionable business dealings  and yet when someone gets it in their head that a particular piece of clothing reminds them of something political, sharpened knives come out, mods disappear and the community has at it.

Double standards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
12 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Do you believe these far-right militia groups exist, and not just the B Boys?

Probably do though I usually hear far more about far left militia groups. You are remarkably quiet about them. The worse thing one can do is draw attention to them for whatever side they are on.

Most of them are anti-government and on the far-right. The worst thing one can do is not be aware of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Most of them are anti-government and on the far-right. The worst thing one can do is not be aware of them.

I mean I am anti-government and I am definitely not on the far right. Nor do I lean left. I am very much a centrist. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Interesting isn't it that under no other circumstance are we allowed to call out any particular creator for any questionable business dealings  and yet when someone gets it in their head that a particular piece of clothing reminds them of something political, sharpened knives come out, mods disappear and the community has at it.

Double standards.

false equivalency

Competing stores trying to trash each other isn't the same as a paramilitary group with a recognizable uniform that has murdered people, are white supremacists, participated in an insurrection that tried to take over the US government on Jan 6, and wants to start another Civil War.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
10 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Oh so all the causes you are active on are pro government? 😉

I am unhappy with the government because it's too beholden to moneyed interests. That's very different from believing I should take a semiautomatic weapon and seize power, turning the US into an autocratic country governed by whoever has the strength to take power.  It's anti-government to an extreme.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

On the one hand, I'm glad the OP called this out. On the other, I'm not sure about the wisdom of giving the shop the extra publicity.

Oh this sunlight keeps on giving.

Anyone coming from this thread to buy that outfit knows exactly what they are doing, and so do we.

7 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

false equivalency

Competing stores trying to trash each other isn't the same as a paramilitary group with a recognizable uniform that has murdered people, are white supremacists, participated in an insurrection that tried to take over the US government on Jan 6, and wants to start another Civil War.

You're jealous that they may start it before you do? In any event, those are issues outside of Secondlife. Some Hawaiian shirts for sale are not likely a membership drive for the B Boys.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.