At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

.. Anti-governmental fascists in Hawaiian shirts .. That feels like something you'd get out of trying to ditch cards out of a bad hand in Cards Against Humanity, and possibly win because the absurdity of it makes everyone laugh in sheer confusion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

.. Anti-governmental fascists in Hawaiian shirts .. That feels like something you'd get out of trying to ditch cards out of a bad hand in Cards Against Humanity, and possibly win because the absurdity of it makes everyone laugh in sheer confusion.

that's the point. To disguise serious intent as absurdity

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You're jealous that they may start it before you do? In any event, those are issues outside of Secondlife. Some Hawaiian shirts for sale are not likely a membership drive for the B Boys.

A Civil War would be disastrous, so no way would I want to start it.

We are simply discussing, or were before you came in and confused everything, what types of hate symbols should be allowed in SL.

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Wait until you hear about the U-Hauls.

Different group, same hilarity.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Well I have spoken to the creator, and he said that this was not intended to be a boogaloo boy outfit. I won't copy his IM here or anything, except to say that he said it was not his intention.

It was also "not his intention" to seem to be supporting Trump with his "Make Second Life Great Again" banners.

Methinks he's either being disingenuous, or is kinda dumb.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

i agree. The B Boys are delusional paranoids

From which it follows then that to initiate a witch hunt in S/L for creators who might be sending coded messages through their clothing as a membership drive or secret communications is even more paranoid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Well I have spoken to the creator, and he said that this was not intended to be a boogaloo boy outfit. I won't copy his IM here or anything, except to say that he said it was not his intention.

If it had been his intention, it would be a bit stupid of him to admit it in writing.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being ''oh look at the paranoid wokelibs lol' and 10 being 'I'll remove it from sale ASAP', how surprised would you say he was?

• Like 6

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
3 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Arielle, these churches are all over the Bible Belt:

Then don't attend them and don't promote their message. This is really quite easy so I don't understand why you don't get that. 

You don't understand what is growing within the US, how close we are to becoming an autocracy where our rights will be stripped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

From which it follows then that to initiate a witch hunt in S/L for creators who might be sending coded messages through their clothing as a membership drive or secret communications is even more paranoid.

is not the intent of the merchant here to send coded messages.  Their message is clear. Which is; is I am here to sell product to people who are dumb enough to buy it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

If it had been his intention, it would be a bit stupid of him to admit it in writing.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being ''oh look at the paranoid wokelibs lol' and 10 being 'I'll remove it from sale ASAP', how surprised would you say he was?

I IMed the organiser of FLF to report the inclusion of the outfit and their response was to get the creator to IM me to discuss it, so if there was any initial surprise, I did not see it.

Edited by Stephanie Lovely
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

You don't understand what is growing within the US, how close we are to becoming an autocracy where our rights will be stripped.

Actually I do because unfortunately Canada is getting infected with the corporate media you have down there which is geared to creating a liberal autocracy.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

is not the intent of the merchant here to send coded messages.  Their message is clear. Which is; is I am here to sell product to people who are dumb enough to buy it

I would have used ignorant, since  a lot don't even seem to know who these guys are until this thread..

I always thought the B-Boys was a music group and those ugly shirts were for people that lived in Florida and Hawaii.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
8 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Actually I do because unfortunately Canada is getting infected with the corporate media you have down there which is geared to creating a liberal autocracy.

I think I'll trust the opinion of @Scylla Rhiadra on this, another Canadian, who actually knows how to research.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.