At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I honestly never knew that an (ugly) shirt and a tactical vest were hate symbols until I read this thread. 
When I was a young grad and we had casual Fridays, our head of HR banned Hawaiian shirts and t-shirts with “bold prints”. I can understand that, some are simply awful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:
14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I support people who beat up Nazis, does that count?

Nope. I understand the viewpoint - Goddess knows I feel that way - but no.

Good! I'm glad that beating up bad guys is still ok. Glad I'm on the correct side!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

But you know what? I aint seen it. I have seen the fascists though. Large as life and little different in their ideology from those our parents and grandparents generations fought against.

And what about these avatars being sold on MP ? Who are they affiliated with ? Should we worry over those ? Should we report, cancel or ban it's creator ?

They' re obviously terrorists of some kind. 

m1.jpg

vendor terror 2.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I honestly never knew that an (ugly) shirt and a tactical vest were hate symbols until I read this thread. 
When I was a young grad and we had casual Fridays, our head of HR banned Hawaiian shirts and t-shirts with “bold prints”. I can understand that, some are simply awful.

When I was very young, I remember at least one male classmate drawing swastikas, people being blown up, and things like that. I'm sure they just thought it was "cool". 

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Good! I'm glad that beating up bad guys is still ok. Glad I'm on the correct side!

Wrong (again ) : it' s never correct to beat up people. It might make you feel good, but it doesn't make you good people.

Good people know that. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Show us exactly where Scylla did so. Otherwise what you say is untrue.

You fixin' to get this thread locked, ain't you?

The thread should have been locked after the first post and the OP knew that judging by the title.

During the BLM riots, there were a number of deaths attributed to Antifa aside from all the damage. There were quite a few here actually who supported not only the damage but also considered that the deaths were acceptable losses for the points being made. 

How soon we forget.

• Like 4

I should have added that as a rudie it is extremely gratifying so was not disagreeing. Don't mean I am on the side of the angels, mind.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

And what about these avatars being sold on MP ? Who are they affiliated with ? Should we worry over those ? Should we report, cancel or ban it's creator ?

m1.jpg

vendor terror 2.jpg

None of them are showing the white power sign or wearing clothing similar to what known white supremacists  wear so I am not seeing the relationship here. People have shown at least 3 instances where it can be perceived that the creator is dog whistling. I think its reasonable to come to this conclusion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

The thread should have been locked after the first post and the OP knew that judging by the title.

During the BLM riots, there were a number of deaths attributed to Antifa aside from all the damage. There were quite a few here actually who supported not only the damage but also considered that the deaths were acceptable losses for the points being made. 

How soon we forget.

Instead of gaslighting, try showing some examples because this is straight up coming out of your (butt).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Solo Alpha said:

Oh no, not at all - those are obviously good guys - "black OPS" sent in to extract dissidents for legal rendition, followed by enhanced interrogation to be supervised by trained professionals as approved by duly appointed judges. I can tell from their uniforms. 

I'm reminded of the movie "Brazil" all of a sudden. Or real life. 

Why, do those look like some kind of fanatic, extremist, bad guys to you?

Wait, was it supposed to be a trick question? 

4 minutes ago, Finite said:

People have shown at least 3 instances where it can be perceived that the creator is dog whistling. I think its reasonable to come to this conclusion. 

I guess, and that point has been made by Alwin, some are too human to be overtly sensitive to the dog whistle.

Or not bothered at all . 

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

How soon we forget.

So..going off topic like this and being extreme, is ok because you judge the thread should have already been locked? 
Brilliant!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Finite said:

Instead of gaslighting, try showing some examples because this is straight up coming out of your (butt).

I think it's not necessarily gaslighting when someone tries to throw a grenade out their front door, because they see a battle on TV. More like "any excuse to say whatever I feel like, because I can".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

I guess, and that point has been made by Alwin, some are too human to be overtly sensitive to the dog whistle.

Or not bothered at all . 

It's called a "dog whistle" because you're not supposed to be aware of what the true message is unless you're an insider. Like somebody deliberately placing his thumb directly on your first knuckle while shaking hands.

But once pointed out, once you have been made aware of it, then you've got two choices. Avoid its use and those that use it or admit you're (openly or tacitly) ok with it.

So far, you're looking "ok with it" and if that's how you want  to be perceived, that's your right to express your views. If it isn't how you want to be perceived then I point you to the "first rule of holes."

When you're in one, stop digging.

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
Curse you, errant apostrophe!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Good to know. 

Good to remember ser Lion. To think on. 'Know' is always useful before you commit

Sorry? I know your stance, was meant. 
Let me know if there's a requirement to agree, also. Thank you!

53 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't shoot or beat up people, Alwin.

I never spoke against BLM, never suported white power or ANY racist group here, am a gay guy myself and still, you in this case, and others in the past put me in the racist/discrimination corner because i refuse to show my support for the, in my opinion, hype driven and sometimes nearly hysterical pro movements here on the forums and in the US, even in Europe

And than your part i quote:
Yes you do, not with bullets or bats, but you do verbally by erasing peoples opinions and silencing them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

So far, you're looking "ok with it" and if that's how you want  to be perceived, that's your right to express your views. If it isn't how you want to be perceived then I point you to the "first rule of holes."

When you're in one, stop digging.

Yes, the "not bothered at all" part is very concerning. I guess all the excited replies, if someone is not bothered, is a bit of paradox. 

1 minute ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Lecture.

Again : you do not know my political stance just because I disagree with the hysteria presented. 

Stop creating enemies where there are none. That is all I am asking of you. 

If you wanna take action towards the merchant,  you can use your right of review on the marketplace itself, but don' t make this hysterical stinking pointing finger against other forumites who not immediately agree with you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

How soon we forget.

Please provide source material verified by the FBI that backs your claim. 

I chose the title I did knowing my post would be divisive,  I am not surprised at all at some of the responses.  Although the European ones seemingly annoyed by the discussion of America current events, particularly over human rights, is very surprising to me.  You know, Vernichtungslager & all.  
So yes Arielle, how soon people appear to forget.

Not my monkey, not my circus.  Amirite?  

of note- the highland park shooter, robert crimo featured the Finnish far right group Suomen Sisu‘s symbol in his videos & social media:  https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert-bobby-crimo-person-of-interest-in-highland-park-parade-massacre-is-rapper-with-creepy-videos

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

Again : you do not know my political stance just because I disagree with the hysteria presented. 

Stop creating enemies where there are none. That is all I am asking of you. 

If you wanna take action towards the merchant,  you can use your right of review on the marketplace itself, but don' t make this hysterical stinking pointing finger against other forumites who not immediately agree with you. 

Thank you for the confirmation.

Plonk.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:
9 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Lecture.

Wait, your hysteria? Oh..the hysteria you disagree with. 
This is all so confusing. 
When you disagree with someone, they are being "hysterical". Got it.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.