At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would have used ignorant, since  a lot don't even seem to know who these guys are until this thread..

I always thought the B-Boys was a music group and those ugly shirts were for people that lived in Florida and Hawaii.. lol

anyone who wears a ammo pack over a flowery printed shirt isn't ignorant. They know what they are doing and why they are doing it. They are doing dumb stuff, dangerously dumb stuff

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would have used ignorant, since  a lot don't even seem to know who these guys are until this thread..

I always thought the B-Boys was a music group and those ugly shirts were for people that lived in Florida and Hawaii.. lol

Are you thinking of the Beastie Boys? 😂

B-Boy (or B-Girl) is the shortened version of Break-Boy or Break-Girl - someone who breakdances.

So now, pardon me while I giggle to myself about dudes in Hawaiian shirts breakdancing out of U-Hauls.

• Like 1

Just now, Mollymews said:

anyone who wears a ammo pack over a flowery printed shirt isn't ignorant. They know what they are doing and why they are doing it. They are doing dumb stuff, dangerously dumb stuff

I'll keep an eye out for those bad guys on the grid, because that's what we are talking about here..

The problem is these day with how fast communication happens and people rebranding everything to where most people can't keep up, someone is going to buy something and wear it and not know what hit them, when they get banned from a sim..

Now switch that to RL and someone is gonna buy something one day or just idiot  is gonna see someone in just a shirt and get shot or have their skull kicked in..

It won't be because they were dumb ,but just not in the loop..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The problem is these day with how fast communication happens and people rebranding everything to where most people can't keep up, someone is going to buy something and wear it and not know what hit them, when they get banned from a sim..

is nothing wrong with flowery print shirts, commonly called hawaiian shirts. People love them, specially people who live in hot climes, and even more loved by tourists who holiday in such places. Who go to the markets to soon as they arrive at their holiday destination. Buy them along with shorts, wraps, bathing suits, sunglasses, sandals, sun hats and heaps of sun cream

so if we are at a SL beach and somebody comes by wearing a flower print shirt then that's normal and expected.  But if they have come to the beach with a ammo pack strapped over their shirt then that's not normal

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

is nothing wrong with flowery print shirts, commonly called hawaiian shirts. People love them, specially people who live in hot climes, and even more loved by tourists who holiday in such places. Who go to the markets to soon as they arrive at their holiday destination. Buy them along with shorts, wraps, bathing suits, sunglasses, sandals, sun hats and heaps of sun cream

so if we are at a SL beach and somebody comes by wearing a flower print shirt then that's normal and expected.  But if they have come to the beach with a ammo pack strapped over their shirt then that's not normal

I saw or read something recently that explained, the "Hawaiian" flowered shirt started with Japanese immigrants recycling their kimonos. That's where the patterns originated from: kimono fabric.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'll keep an eye out for those bad guys on the grid, because that's what we are talking about here..

Now switch that to RL and someone is gonna buy something one day or just idiot  is gonna see someone in just a shirt and get shot or have their skull kicked in..

It won't be because they were dumb ,but just not in the loop..

To be fair, that's a very specific look one has to go for in RL. Hawaiian shirts are totally fine. Mixing one with tactical gear and open carry, tho... that's one heck of a random coincidence someone has to make having never heard of the group before.

I'll also mention - there's additional imagery included, such as logos and a specific version of the flag. 

Accidentally falling into that outfit is not as common as wandering into the wrong neighborhood wearing the wrong color, which unfortunately does happen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

What do right wing Canadian rappers have to do with anything?

Maybe is the questionable YT you were waiting for, can't quote you (only Ms. Popstar) as your original is on a different page but: "*sits and waits for questionable YouTube videos and oddball websites trying to prove a point*"

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What do right wing Canadian rappers have to do with anything?

And one moreover who tends to focus not on Canada, but on racial politics in the States.

I'm not sure how the existence and relative success of a right wing Canadian musician proves that Canada is becoming a "liberal autocracy"?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And one moreover who tends to focus not on Canada, but on racial politics in the States.

I'm not sure how the existence and relative success of a right wing Canadian musician proves that Canada is becoming a "liberal autocracy"?

Ignore the artist and where he is from but rather pay attention to the words and try to do some of that famous empathizing with how he is seeing things playing out. Last one as I head to bed:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Before today and finally knowing about it, I would have took it as normal for SL..

Some beaches for what ever reasons, allow people to have weapons as long as they are holstered..Some of the popular ones..

I mean, the first thing I'm gonna do is look in their profile to see what they are about just because they have something on that made me curious.. They might not even know there is a thing with that vest and flower shirts..

they may have said to themselves, This will get some attention at the beach.. hehehe

The thing that scares me more than anything is that, a lot of times, especially nowadays as fast as news zipps in and out faster than we can catch it, to the point that those giving information can't get the whole story right themselves at times and leave things short.. There are people on the receiving end of the information, that only get part of the information or only take in so much of it..

There is a lot of people that get the information wrong as well  and take things as  only needing part of something to be apart of something..

So now, anyone wearing only part of something, has someone falling into a group for some people.

Then there are those that can't stand watching new or those kind of communications and know none of the story.

It just scares me how fast information pops in and doesn't have time to simmer before dinner is over and only some ate a full plate..

Words change every day to where we can't keep up, styles change, what's the latest thing the klan is wearing changes.. Could be biknis tomorrow.. hehehe

I hear a lot of times in these forums about, Grey area and black and white.. 

I think especially in SL there is a grey area  of who is gonna be buying this,, some are gonna know those b boys and some are just gonna be like, oh neat outfit..

So no, I don't believe they will all be dumb,just uninformed

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I saw or read something recently that explained, the "Hawaiian" flowered shirt started with Japanese immigrants recycling their kimonos. That's where the patterns originated from: kimono fabric.

oh ok. I never knew that

if all the men pinched all the kimonos and had them cut up into shirts then I wonder what they expected the women to wear. Wait wait ! don't answer that ! 😸

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

To be fair, that's a very specific look one has to go for in RL. Hawaiian shirts are totally fine. Mixing one with tactical gear and open carry, tho... that's one heck of a random coincidence someone has to make having never heard of the group before.

I'll also mention - there's additional imagery included, such as logos and a specific version of the flag. 

Accidentally falling into that outfit is not as common as wandering into the wrong neighborhood wearing the wrong color, which unfortunately does happen.

If I see anyone with a tac vest  on in RL, I'm avoiding them at all costs anyways and already gonna think they are half cocked walking around.. At least until they prove otherwise.. I'll be getting away from them either way until I know any better..

I'll throw down if I have to, in a heart beat..

In SL, I'm gonna have to read their profile.. hehehe

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ignore the artist and where he is from but rather pay attention to the words and try to do some of that famous empathizing with how he is seeing things playing out. Last one as I head to bed:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/the-right-wing-troll-rappers-are-coming-1341251/

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Some beaches for what ever reasons, allow people to have weapons as long as they are holstered..Some of the popular ones..

you are right that things trend a lot more quickly now than they used to. Pretty much due to the internet being always on and anyone can publish in instant time to a vast audience

(something something about SL weapons which I deleted in response)

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If I see anyone with a tac vest  on in RL, I'm avoiding them at all costs anyways and already gonna think they are half cocked walking around.. At least until they prove otherwise.. I'll be getting away from them either way until I know any better..

I'll throw down if I have to, in a heart beat..

In SL, I'm gonna have to read their profile.. hehehe

Yeahhhhhh...that's a good way to get me to leave in a hurry, for sure.

I follow the SPLC on social media and some other indie non-profit media outlets who report on this stuff as my area (city and local) has seen an increase in this kind of activity in recent history, so I try to keep up as best as I can. That's pretty much how I knew about the group the OP posted about, really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeahhhhhh...that's a good way to get me to leave in a hurry, for sure.

I follow the SPLC on social media and some other indie non-profit media outlets who report on this stuff as my area (city and local) has seen an increase in this kind of activity in recent history, so I try to keep up as best as I can. That's pretty much how I knew about the group the OP posted about, really.

I'm in the bible belt myself and am pretty good at spotting  the ones that have a cord stuck in their brain getting info pumped in..

I'm just glad they aren't as much the norm as they used to be..

I had a klanner show me their klan card one time because he had words for me when I was shopping.. luckily I was shopping with my husband too.. He walked the guy right out the store..

But I had him show me his card by saying, You guys have cards? You don't have cards.. Honey did you know the klan actually have Cards!!

There was almost a clean up in our isle once my husband came around the corner and that guy seen little ole me  with a big ole hubby like that.. hehehehehe

Ahh the good ole days , so far and few between now..

Seriously though, I didn't know they had cards until then.. I thought to myself, who would want to get caught with one of those, but at the time it must have gotten them out of trouble..

Didn't work for him that time he showed it though.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm in the bible belt myself and am pretty good at spotting  the ones that have a cord stuck in their brain getting info pumped in..

I'm just glad they aren't as much the norm as they used to be..

I had a klanner show me their klan card one time because he had words for me when I was shopping.. luckily I was shopping with my husband too.. He walked the guy right out the store..

But I had him show me his card by saying, You guys have cards? You don't have cards.. Honey did you know the klan actually have Cards!!

There was almost a clean up in our isle once my husband came around the corner and that guy seen little ole me  with a big ole hubby like that.. hehehehehe

Ahh the good ole days , so far and few between now..

Seriously though, I didn't know they had cards until then.. I thought to myself, who would want to get caught with one of those, but at the time it must have gotten them out of trouble..

Didn't work for him that time he showed it though.. hehehe

They have cards??????? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. I didn't know that, either. Luckily haven't run into any (that I know of).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Are you thinking of the Beastie Boys? 😂

B-Boy (or B-Girl) is the shortened version of Break-Boy or Break-Girl - someone who breakdances.

So now, pardon me while I giggle to myself about dudes in Hawaiian shirts breakdancing out of U-Hauls.

I actually had to go find them again.. I caught them on youtube a couple years ago. But even before them I remember always hearing B-boys in songs and stuff too.. hehehe

But this is the B-Boys that I came across a couple years ago.

They really aren't that bad.. hehehehe

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I actually had to go find them again.. I caught them on youtube a couple years ago. But even before them I remember always hearing B-boys in songs and stuff too.. hehehe

But this is the B-Boys that I came across a couple years ago.

They really aren't that bad.. hehehehe

Ohhh okay yeah that's different, lol.

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

They have cards??????? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. I didn't know that, either. Luckily haven't run into any (that I know of).

They aren't so quick to show them now.. At least around here the climate has changed for the better..

I think the last time I heard someone use the N word at work was a few years ago..

I had the whole story of the incident typed up but, really I need to stop going down that road..So I back spaced it all.. lol

I need to get to these sales before I get sleepy.. hehehe

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Words change every day to where we can't keep up, styles change, what's the latest thing the klan is wearing changes.. Could be biknis tomorrow.. hehehe

Please, no.  I don't want to see any of them in bikinis either.

/me sits very still re-reading what she just typed out while her hand hovers over the submit button...

*sigh*

That is not right.  Not even for a laugh.

Let me try again:

A pretty bikini won't cover the ugly ideas, hate, and intolerance and there would certainly not be a place to tuck a gun.

However, if a bikini makes that person feel confident and gorgeous, I support them wearing whatever they like.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.