At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

What about this recent group who marched through Boston. Would LL allow this look?

Funny thing about this. They were spotted at Malden Station. A train station just north of Boston where they all apparently parked. When confronted they all scattered, some of them even made attempts at hiding their license plates. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

68B1002A-842A-49E9-B74E-2C4F8A4319ED.jpeg

So.... there are 2 people in this photo wearing ugly Hawaiian shirts  - both having rifles slung over their shoulders and one having a tactical vest on.  Does that mean that it is only "Hawaiian shirts with weapon paraphernalia" that you want LL to not allow? 

What about that dude on the left up front that has a camo shirt on.  Do we also need to ban any depictions of folks in camo clothing with weapons?  That might tick off anyone doing any sort of military role playing.  What about the guys farther back in the picture?  Some of them look to be dressed more "normally", but very likley some of those normal dressed folks also have some weapons and/or tactical vests on. 

Maybe we just need to ban all depictions of weapons and tactical vests. 

😏

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to share a screenshot of what appears to be boogaloo boy related content for sale during a weekend event in SL.  
I question if it should be allowed on the grid.

If unfamiliar with their movement, I won’t fill in the blanks for you.  Their platform on racism & desire to ignite a second American Civil is easy enough to google for yourself.  

A comparison between the SL advertisement & actual boogaloo boys in their Hawaiian shirts & tactile vest:

9A1D115D-50D0-40DD-A888-2F46634C4103.jpeg

68B1002A-842A-49E9-B74E-2C4F8A4319ED.jpeg

Hawaiian shirts and tactical gear (used by police offers, undercover drug agents, plain-clothes agents, etc) are now 'clothing of hate'.

Ok, Second Life. LMAO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's just a piece of clothing. There is no real connection between what you are talking about and that shirt. I mean for god sakes, you could wear a dang lumberjack shirt and tshirt underneath and have the vest and guns slung on you and you would want to get rid of that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Speaking purely for myself, I'm not advocating banning anything.

But I'm pretty much done supporting any merchant who is selling "cool" gun and paramilitary stuff. And I don't care if it has "Antifa Rocks!" written all over it.

Enough with the weapons and the violence already. I'm done with it. Period.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Who has said anything about banning?

Maybe someone else already pointed this out - I'm still working my way through this thread -- but, from the OP:

I question if it should be allowed on the grid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So.... there are 2 people in this photo wearing ugly Hawaiian shirts  - both having rifles slung over their shoulders and one having a tactical vest on.  Does that mean that it is only "Hawaiian shirts with weapon paraphernalia" that you want LL to not allow? 

What about that dude on the left up front that has a camo shirt on.  Do we also need to ban any depictions of folks in camo clothing with weapons?  That might tick off anyone doing any sort of military role playing.  What about the guys farther back in the picture?  Some of them look to be dressed more "normally", but very likley some of those normal dressed folks also have some weapons and/or tactical vests on. 

omg those shirts stood out so loud that I never even noticed what everyone else was wearing ..LOL

Ya they do seem to be the only ones there wearing those.. Wow those are loud shirts..

Enough to give the optical illusion to my mind that they all were wearing them..  hehehee

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

It's sad though. Lots of historically benign symbols are being hijacked and changed into symbols of hate. Like the Hindu swastika, Germanic runes, Pepe the frog and now Hawaiian shirts.

Well, I'm not giving up my Hawaiian shirts, skirts, & dresses -- not here in SL or in RL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

There is no real connection between what you are talking about and that shirt.

There actually is, if you look up the movement, how it evolved, and common identifiers (clothing and naming conventions, included).

I'm not going to post all that mess as that's publicly available on the innernetz for anyone who cares enough to read it. Depictions of such imagery and the name itself are also being banned across various social media sites (they change names quite a bit to skirt around those bans but ya know) as the group has done a lot more than marchin' and yappin'. But I won't get into that, either.

As far as having it in SL...I don't personally care one way or another except to yeet it off my list of stores to toss my monies at.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I'm not giving up my Hawaiian shirts, skirts, & dresses -- not here in SL or in RL.

I sure don't want to give up my camo hawt cargo pants I just paid a fortune for at level the other day, either..

omg plus my fun camo tops tew!! \o/

They are feel so cute on meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

omg those shirts stood out so loud that I never even noticed what everyone else was wearing ..LOL

Because:  #1, they are pretty ugly shirts, and #2, they are totally accessorized wrong, with really poor color schemes that don't match.  Nothing about that particular look is pleasing.  It is enough to make one immediately look away, thus never seeing any other people in the pic.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Personally I think they should be banned for being unusually ugly shirts, especially the SL ones that look like bizarrely colored leaves gone berserk.

Ya, in the wrong hands they can maybe be used to hypnotize people and mess with their mind..

Trust me, from experience I know those shirts can mess with your mind..:$

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because:  #1, they are pretty ugly shirts, and #2, they are totally accessorized wrong, with really poorly color schemes that don't match.  Nothing about that particular look is pleasing.  It is enough to make one immediately look away, thus never seeing any other people in the pic.

Kind of what I was trying to say.

If you want people to think you dress poorly, want people to think you're a clown, nay..a baffoon, a fool..dress like the people who, y'know!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, in the wrong hands they can maybe be used to hypnotize people and mess with their mind..

Trust me, from experience I know those shirts can mess with your mind..:$

"I BEEN HYP-NO-TIZED!" <= One of my favorite saying.

"Mesmerized", not as much.  "Mesmer" was a kinda creepy guy, from what I understand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because:  #1, they are pretty ugly shirts, and #2, they are totally accessorized wrong, with really poorly color schemes that don't match.  Nothing about that particular look is pleasing.  It is enough to make one immediately look away, thus never seeing any other people in the pic.

You realize, of course, that that is what they want! It's a kind of camouflage, often employed by extreme right wing groups, to infiltrate targets unseen!

See also bison hides and horns, and nearly everything worn by the January 6 mob. How do you suppose they got into the Capitol so easily? Security got caught averting their eyes in horror.

Fiends!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"I BEEN HYP-NO-TIZED!" <= One of my favorite saying.

"Mesmerized", not as much.  "Mesmer" was a kinda creepy guy, from what I understand.

I've had people try to do that to me and it just never works.. I think I'm just easily distracted, so they never can do it..

That or I just don't want them to in my subconscious and distract myself on purpose not even knowing it.

Hawaiian shirts and tac gear is 100% a uniform at this point. Explicitly so. That's the point.

.. and while it might not be something actionable by LL, unlike a klan hood or a swastika, we can and should all jump to conclusions about the intent and politics of anyone wearing such a deliberately inoffensive uniform in SL.

It's not subtle and we're not stupid.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.