At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am becoming less inclined to think that this is an accident, but your principle is a good one, Ceka. As always.

I'm curious.. is it the type of shirt, or is it the texture of the shirt that makes it part of that group?

I've never even heard of that group, because I can't hardly bring myself to keep up on what group is what anymore?

The image of the product is polo shirts and the shirts those radicals are wearing are like beach shirts..

they have beach shirts on their flickr, but none of them have the tac vest on them.. They have a bullet proof vest under some of them though..

I'm just curios and asking if it makes a difference, because I really don't know crap about those guys ..lol

• Like 1

Just now, Quistess Alpha said:

Hard disagree, Choco-peanutbutter ice-cream is delish.

Reese's, it's one of my weaknesses..

If it's in Ice cream, I'm done and at the mercy of it until it's gone.. As long as it's in one of those Ben & Jerry size containers.. hehehe

• Like 1

This is treading dangerous waters of censorship.

If we ban something that looks vaguely like something someone considers bad, we might as well ban anything that anyone complains is offensive. They flew American flags too, should we ban American flags? What about antifa stuff, should we ban that because some people find that as promoting violence?

To me this seems like a straw man thread. 

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

This is treading dangerous waters of censorship.

If we ban something that looks vaguely like something someone considers bad, we might as well ban anything that anyone complains is offensive. They flew American flags too, should we ban American flags? What about antifa stuff, should we ban that because people find that as promoting violence?

To me this seems like a straw man thread. 

Who has said anything about banning?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm curious.. is it the type of shirt, or is it the texture of the shirt that makes it part of that group?

I've never even heard of that group, because I can't hardly bring myself to keep up on what group is what anymore?

The image of the product is polo shirts and the shirts those radicals are wearing are like beach shirts..

they have beach shirts on their flickr, but none of them have the tac vest on them.. They have a bullet proof vest under some of them though..

I'm just curios and asking if it makes a difference, because I really don't know crap about those guys ..lol

Well, it's probably both. Wikipedia says "Heavily armed, boogaloo members are often identified by their attire of Hawaiian shirts and military fatigues."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Op did. "I question if it should be allowed on the grid." 

I'd not go that far myself. Nazi regalia? Yes. Proud Boys merch, clearly identified as such? Maybe.

I don't this is clear cut enough.

It is, however, enough for me to make a personal decision not to patronize this merchant.

And honestly, I'm at the point of feeling the same way about any store that feeds into the glorification of gun culture.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

spot the forum keyboard warriors.

a so-called "rl militia" are entitled to their beleifs just as you are.

In SL, file an abuse report.

IN RL contact the local police.

no need to let people fan the flames with un-educated opinions.

It's called democracy.

• Thanks 1

So what are the consequences of allowing this? Unaware people are going to dress up like US insurrectionist militia, thereby normalizing the movement.

But what are the consequences of disallowing this? Taking away a basic freedom of choice to wear Hawaiian shirts and tactical gear.

Neither is desirable. So the best we can do is just enlighten people about the symbolism behind all this.

It's sad though. Lots of historically benign symbols are being hijacked and changed into symbols of hate. Like the Hindu swastika, Germanic runes, Pepe the frog and now Hawaiian shirts.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

spot the forum keyboard warriors.

a so-called "rl militia" are entitled to their beleifs just as you are.

In SL, file an abuse report.

IN RL contact the local police.

no need to let people fan the flames with un-educated opinions.

It's called democracy.

I'm studying words n stuff today so I was wondering why you have so much space between each line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stephanie Lovely said:

I wonder if the 50L Friday organisers are aware of the meaning behind this item that is being sold in their sale, and if they would care.

Really good question. I used to be a member of the FLF group, but left it aeons ago. I wonder if there has been any chatter there?

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Particularly tragic. My life really has never been the same since we lost this one.

Omg I laughed way too hard.

Totally off-topic, but I don't think he's lost. Last I heard, the artist busily files (and settles) lawsuits for improper usage. 🤣

• Haha 1

Thanks to all who weighed in & to those who were unaware of that ideological group , now you are.

I think the shirt with the vest is offered with the connection I drew to it.  
Does that mean that person is endorsing that group?  Maybe not. 
But I question the motivation of the creator-seller, when the connection can be drawn between their product & these types of actions:  https://www.npr.org/2021/04/09/985872120/4-alleged-boogaloo-members-charged-with-obstructing-probe-into-police-killings

Possibly it’s  along the ignorant line of the SL club I encountered once- “Agent Orange”.   Having an uncle who succumbed to the affects of Agent Orange, I wasn’t amused by the name of the place.  I didn’t put any effort into contacting the club, I simply left.  

Maybe the creator doesn’t recognize the connotation of the Hawaiian print & tactical vest.  (personally I think they do). I know it doesn’t matter what I thought, but I wanted to read other forum contributors thoughts on it.  Some of ya’ll are pretty good at helping me see things from a different perspective.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Would you trust a far right militia group that made this kind of choice when they got dressed in the morning?

No. But then I don't trust ANY far right militia groups. Or for that matter, far left ones.

Extremists give me an extreme pain.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

I'm studying words n stuff today so I was wondering why you have so much space between each line.

Interestingly, is the definition of the word wazzer. 

Wazzer is a word you can use to decribe a complete dipstick.

And for our friends in the UK...

Wazzer definition

(UK, pejorative) A stupid or annoying person

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
56 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Interestingly, is the definition of the word wazzer. 

Normally I don't comment on someone's style in writing as it seems central to their self, how they express themselves.  But I felt manipulated by that style, as if they were trying to manipulate me somehow (in a more conscious and aggressive way). So I made notice of their style.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck

56 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

I wonder if the 50L Friday organisers are aware of the meaning behind this item that is being sold in their sale, and if they would care.

They’re also regulars at a few of the popular shopping events. They’re actually pretty good. Not the best at rigging but their mesh and texture/materials quality are amongst the best of them. It’s a shame this is who they want to market towards. But it’s w/e. No one is forced to buy from them.

Edited by Finite
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.