So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Wait, did Patch say open land plots of 2048m without a house on it?

That is bad... maybe.... I have to think hard. What kind of house can I get, that will fit the plot and give me enough Li to decorate?

And I guess the plot will be 32m X 64m. Not so easy to place a house on it.

On the 4098m I rent, I have this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ROOST-Ridley-Heights-House/23040211

And I believe it is a typo in the numbers for the side length with the cliffs. I am pretty sure it would be rules against a house like this anyway. And the Li will be deducted from the parcel of limit of 702 Li.

I can furnish a house like this comfortably with a 4098m parcel. With a 2048m, I would have to go back to the boring low Li furniture I have used in numerous Linden Homes already.

I didn't catch that one, but 2048 without a house I can get on mainland or island and cheaper.  And bellisseria would look like regular mainland in a sec :) 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, my question being $249/year - $stipend, the full answer is $249 - $135 = $114 / year?

It will be worth it for me, but the new Premium Plus houses will be the one major thing. If I can manage to drop the land I rent and be satisfied with only the included land or Linden home, I will save money compared to now.

It is so hard to reduce the Li I can play with. It is better to keep and rent land, than to pay Premium for a home I am not 100% happy with. Sitting in it and moping over the land I left...

And Premium Plus for a house plus the land I rent, will be too expensive. I do not have time to be in both places. I will have a fun time decorating it, and then it will sit empty. Paying for unused land is not going to happen anymore. I saw it when I had 2-3 homes in Bellisseria and was caught up in getting the latest releases. The other houses was not used.

And it means that I do not pay now. Absolutely no subscription until I see what I get.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Did Patch himself not announce Premium Plus and outline what it is today?  If so then that makes it official in my book.  If he hasn't announced it then fair enough, the waiting continues and these threads are premature.

Yes he did, OP has put some of the things he mentioned, you can see the video on second lifes you tube of Patch announcing it.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

I didn't catch that one, but 2048 without a house I can get on mainland or island and cheaper.  And bellisseria would look like regular mainland in a sec :) 

I am a bit confused about what it will be, land or houses. English isn't my first language. So do not take what I say for true. They should have had the home or land ready to show us!

"Soon" is so disappointing.

It could be a nice land parcels community with rules, but LL do not have enough time to react to all that will break the rules. They can not even remove illegal security orbs now. Too few people, too many AR's. People see they can get away with it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am a bit confused about what it will be, land or houses. English isn't my first language. So do not take what I say for true. They should have had the home or land ready to show us!

"Soon" is so disappointing.

It could be a nice land parcels community with rules, but LL do not have enough time to react to all that will break the rules. They can not even remove illegal security orbs now. Too few people, too many AR's. People see they can get away with it.

Yes, we already know that soon can be 2 years.

Belli has a covenant, and even with that I see the most ugly things done with add-ons (I didn't stay in a houseboat because any of the ones I got I looked around and thought: nope, to much trouble to derender all of this). 

English is not my first language also, so maybe I misunderstood some stuff, that one about new houses in the existing themes only for Plus is nagging me, hope it was not that. Not new plots, but new homes in the box only for Plus

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Interesting LL doesn't charge VAT for annual premium subs, but they ~Do charge US sales tax now after the first year.

That is why I am afraid the will stop. Maybe VAT has some loophole that they found, only for annual Premium.

Or more likely, they take the cost so we pay annually instead of one month and then quit Premium. It is good to hook in long time customers, after all.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't forget many people have to compare it to their current premium, ánd, some people currently already have a 400 or 500 l$ stipend, (as as told earlier possibly loose that after a P+ downgrade .. for these people  the raise partly is paid by themself becuase they háve it already)

That's something I would definitely need confirmation on before making any move to Premium Plus. Would I lose my 500L a week grandfathered stipend if I ever went back to regular premium? If that were the case, Premium Plus would sound like a bad move to make.

• Like 5

So this is what made me think it was empty parcels.

2048.png.e39fdd662be01ded535af8a05aa30c10.png

It is homes on the 2048 m parcels he mean?

Not empty parcels? I read it wrong, yes?

I have to use text, so maybe it is lost some nuances there.

At app. 26 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF62gJ9UqDA&t=1320s

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 3

I want to live in a Treehouse! lol but seriously....I really struggle with prims on existing homes, they are mostly too big to fill up properly for me, my worst nightmare would be more land with no extra prims or just double, then I would be back to square one.  I am gutted they won't be increasing pics on profiles, so I doubt I will need free picture uploads.  What with facebook, flikr gyazo etc I can't see the benefit for this for a regular resident, a creator sure.  For me personally the reduced group fee & the texture uploads has come years too late.   I was really looking forward to Premium Plus thinking it would be cheaper than having 2 x Premium accounts.  Someone touched on the idea of making inventory web based (would be easier to organize) I think that would be a perfect perk worth paying for on Premium Plus.  It would be cool if you could offer plus regions where you can choose any style of house on it, or Tree House theme :) For now i'm living in a cardboard box sings....  We need more WOW factor for the price!

• Haha 1

Don't really see the point on offering less than twice the benefits for more than twice the price. Why wouldn't I just go for two normal basic premium accounts? Then I get L$1000 lindens per week and the same amount of "free" tier for less. Equally, if it was actually double the real-dollar price I might still bite for 2048 sqm of land, but it's... not. :P

Back to the drawing board, I think. At least take into consideration that a lot of us still get the L$500 stipend!

edit: I'd like to add that I absolutely don't mind paying more for SL, I love SL and want to support it. It just has to feel worth it, which Premium does but Premium Plus doesn't.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 9

Sadly, after all the hype, waiting for the soon to arrive, I was really disappointed.  I guess they can't please everyone all of the time, I have been prem for as many years as I can remember, this avi being 2006 model. I feel that they have catered more for the creators, bloggers and land barons than the average user.  Maybe when the soon eventually arrives for the bigger house plots I may be interested, but would be cheaper at this stage to have two prems.  I own a mainland plot and pay for the land anyway as well as my belli house.  I think if they hike up the prem price to try and make the plus look more affordable they will lose prems as well.  With the world as it is today on the outside of sl people are beginning to struggle financially and I can't see it getting better any day soon.  This is a huge amount for people to find.  I hope Patch had a senior moment, like I do and forgot a hidden gem that will be announced in the release on the 23rd.

• Like 4

Thanks for all the replies. I have decided it probably isn't worth it for me; I cant use 140 groups and I could just have 2x Premium accounts & split 140 between them. Texture uploads would be good, only I rarely need to upload any. I'd rather have the 2x 300L$ stipend = 600L$ and buy in the 50L$, with two Linden Homes, than 1 home and 650L$. Extra phone support isn't needed as I find the Live Chat works just fine for me. All in all, disappointing. I would have loved more picks!

• Like 7

1. The "choose your Linden Home" thing might have an unintended consequence: It could make "Game of Homes"  futile for non-Plus subscribers because only the dregs will be left after the Plussers have snarfed up anything good. Even for regular Premiums like me who don't play "GoH", if Plus turns out to be popular for some reason, it could make Bellisseria a marginally less appealing place with the only available plots being those pre-rejected by Plussers. 

2. I'd forgotten about the faint hope of getting stand-alone Homesteads. I've always assumed those would go for at least the ticket price of new Homesteads (which retains some pricing power for Estates with grandfathered-rate Homesteads), or somewhat higher. I'd personally pay a Plus-like premium to not have an Estate owner between me and the Lab. (Nothing against the Estate owners at all; call it "rugged individualism" or something but I'd pay to "own" my pretend pixel property directly from the source.)

3. Isn't there usually a timestamped transcript automatically available for closed-captioned YouTube videos? I'm not finding it this time, not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, in case it's useful for anybody else, it's at 26:21 where he says:

You can still only have one Linden Home no matter what going forward, and we will offer 2048 square meter parcel type Linden Homes later down the road to fit this offering.

Though that is, as I just saw Sarah say in chat, a "Soon TM". We still have a little bit of work to do on that actual Linden Home offering itself, but you know we also just released two themes you know already for the first half of the year. We've got more to come. We can talk about that a little more later.

A minute later (27:30) there's a cryptic hint* :

In fact I tend to think people like their Linden Homes as they are now, I'm sure a lot would love to have larger, and we may do some other interesting things. We'll talk about Linden Homes later cuz I don't wanna blow all of that now, you know, but it'll… it'll… it'll be versatile, we'll… we'll have a good handle on that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

1. The "choose your Linden Home" thing might have an unintended consequence: It could make "Game of Homes"  futile for non-Plus subscribers because only the dregs will be left after the Plussers have snarfed up anything good. Even for regular Premiums like me who don't play "GoH", if Plus turns out to be popular for some reason, it could make Bellisseria a marginally less appealing place with the only available plots being those pre-rejected by Plussers.

Not really, it was mentioned that the selection of your own home was a manual process, handled by support. GoH is automatic. Between you filing for a support ticket with the correct team, and them coming around to processing it (something which was mentioned to take approx 24 hrs) means that the automated system likely would have already assigned that home plot, therefore meaning you get nothing.

Meaningless fluff feature if you ask me. If it were automated, then it might be more useful, but given that it's manual and it's way too slow, then yeah, not useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

If it were automated, then it might be more useful, but given that it's manual and it's way too slow, then yeah, not useful.

Oh, yeah, that's never gonna work at all, or only very rarely. How weird to even include it in the package if there's not even an automatic reservation of the parcel for later manual fulfillment. Thanks for the clarification.

[ETA: as frustrating as this will be for the Plussers, imagine being on the Land support team and pretty much never be able to satisfy the request.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

That's something I would definitely need confirmation on before making any move to Premium Plus. Would I lose my 500L a week grandfathered stipend if I ever went back to regular premium? If that were the case, Premium Plus would sound like a bad move to make.

I get the 500l$ grandfathered one (just turned 16 yesterday!), and so far from reading the thread, there's nothing here that would make me want to upgrade.

New freephone number for support? LL used to have freephone numbers for countries worldwide but scrapped them.  (anyone recall the Coca Cola fiasco when it's number was so similar to LL's?).  But only works to US hours? no thanks, if i have a problem and I'm paying for "plus" level support I want a Live Operator whenever I need one (IMO you should have this now, but that's another discussion).

2048m2 land allowance? no thanks, I'm happy with 1120 (1024+10% group owned).  Now if you offered a bonus group tier thing like this, I might have considered it.

Premium plus sandboxes? We already have premium sandboxes including adult.

The cost for us old timers for what we get means the cost of premium "now" pays for itself which is why I have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have a Linden home, and mainland, and make stuff. I have more than one premium avatar for 'group owned land bonus' reasons.

I am actually thinking about making more than one of them into premium plus :o

I worked out that the extra land tier allowance can bring me down a land tier payment level (or maybe even two levels) for actually a not huge price difference. By the time I work in the stipend it would be a bit more annual cost, maybe 5% to 10%, but the option to burn through free texture and anim uploads without worrying how much they add up to would likely halve that price difference. And I get more groups (which I want), and an extra Experience to play with per account.

I agree that the benefits lean towards people who create things and have mainland, and I know there are many people who do not make anything. But I seriously feel that if you never make anything in SL, you are really missing out on a huge aspect of our custom made virtual world. Making stuff is the reason I am here, the rest is just icing :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sirhc DeSantis said:

here is still no official word on all this.

The benefits that have been mentioned all came from the "horse's mouth" so to speak, so it's about as official as it's going to get. It was mentioned that the blog post will come out in the coming day or two, but the features and costs were announced yesterday.

You might want to go back and have a watch of the video - the announcement of the features was from Patch himself.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.