So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I am actually angry at this point. I think it is extremely disrespectful to the residents of Second Life to trot out this Premium Plus dog-and-pony show as if they are actually improving anything. It appears they are simply trying to extract more revenue out of a not-growing user base. Mr. Oberwager is a finance guy and is looking for ROI, which is perfectly understandable and reasonable. Maybe be could sell Second Life to an actual high-tech company, one that does not think improving sim crossings (that's right, I said SIM crossings) is too hard cause there is just so much to keep track of.

Well there is more updates besides that to come. I mean it's not like they are just releasing Premium Plus. That all being said, who would you want LL to sell SL to?  Also wanted to point out, that SL is a business not a charity. So I think they need to look at their bottom dollar, and see what is both beneficial to them and the customers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Journey05 said:

The who is creators, the value is "infinity or zero."

Everyone on here seems to be doing the money maths about land, which has me head-scratching. Think about the discount you get from the regular Premium plan:

Basic account: 7 USD, you get a 1024
Premium account: 8.25 USD, you get a 1024

No discount, no value. The added value of the Premium plan is not a discount tier. It's that it gives you a set of software features that you simply can't have with a basic account. Is it worth the extra 1.25/month for 28 extra groups? Certainly doesn't cost LL that. The offer isn't a "deal" on anything the lower account type has--it's additional features that the lower account hasn't got.

Then, consider whether Premium Plus is doing anything so different:

Basic Account: 13 USD, 2048 land tier
Premium+ Account: 20.75 USD, 2048 land tier

No discount, no value. Same arrangement--they give you the highest amount of land tier that fits within what you've paid. And then double your groups, increase your message cap, etc...and then free textures, sounds, animations with more to come (yes, they said mesh is coming). Again, it's the "stuff from lower tiers that you've more-than-paid-for plus features you don't get at those tiers.

Premium isn't going away. And I think many people should stay with it, myself included. But I think a lot of people are disappointed that P+ isn't some sort of "Premium, but a cheaper deal in the long run" and is, instead, another set of costlier feature offerings at a higher price, and I don't know why we would suspect that LL would grant us all double land while cutting their bottom line on tier fees in some way.

Creators, though? Fixed business cost. That's a huge value offer to a certain set of the SL population.

Tax deductible as well lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I am actually angry at this point. I think it is extremely disrespectful to the residents of Second Life to trot out this Premium Plus dog-and-pony show 

What made me angry was Patch opening with how he's all about concurrency in a location and how awesome it is to have SO MANY people in one place.

There is nothing awesome about sitting in a crowd of 200 people in single digit FPS not moving, barely able to follow chat waiting for something, anything, to happen.

SL is not a spectator sport.

It's about personal participation.

Peek SL is 4 friends together, engaged and active.

This is the same "event's as a end in themselves" hill that Sansar crash and burnt on.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Trinity Heartsong said:

Umm... did LL think this through at all? 🙄 LOL  It looks like the community has quickly illustrated why this new plan is a failure waiting to happen!

Or, as someone above mentioned, the premium rate itself increases. Maybe that's the detail Patch left out. 

Okay here is the thing, he only listed off a few things. And we won't know more until a couple of days, when they make it an official post. So I wouldn't get all high and mighty about it and just wait until we know what it all entails. When it is actually written down. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Moneywise, Premium Plus is a price INCREASE ( except for the 2048 tier level where it barely wins).

The following spreadsheet gives the numbers for those who pay annually. Stipend is subtracted off ($60/year for Premium and $131/year for Premium Plus).

Notice that three Premium accounts costs $117 and you get THREE Linden Homes.

One Premium Plus account costs $118 and you get ONE Linden Home.

DOA

About the "pick your own Linden Home" scheme, It seems absurd. Suppose you find a choice Linden Home, what are the chances it will still be there after all those hours pass while "the wheels are in motion".

premium vs premium plus final.png

That's why Patch said it will only work for the areas where the automated system isn't working. The automated system works only in the newest areas. It doesn't throw you back to earliest Victorians.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Journey05 said:

The who is creators, the value is "infinity or zero."

Everyone on here seems to be doing the money maths about land, which has me head-scratching. Think about the discount you get from the regular Premium plan:

No discount, no value. The added value of the Premium plan is not a discount tier. It's that it gives you a set of software features that you simply can't have with a basic account. Is it worth the extra 1.25/month for 28 extra groups? Certainly doesn't cost LL that. The offer isn't a "deal" on anything the lower account type has--it's additional features that the lower account hasn't got.

Then, consider whether Premium Plus is doing anything so different:

No discount, no value. Same arrangement--they give you the highest amount of land tier that fits within what you've paid. And then double your groups, increase your message cap, etc...and then free textures, sounds, animations with more to come (yes, they said mesh is coming). Again, it's the "stuff from lower tiers that you've more-than-paid-for plus features you don't get at those tiers.

Premium isn't going away. And I think many people should stay with it, myself included. But I think a lot of people are disappointed that P+ isn't some sort of "Premium, but a cheaper deal in the long run" and is, instead, another set of costlier feature offerings at a higher price, and I don't know why we would suspect that LL would grant us all double land while cutting their bottom line on tier fees in some way.

Creators, though? Fixed business cost. That's a huge value offer to a certain set of the SL population.

I hear what you are saying Journey. We have to consider that there is more to PP than just the land costs. You do get extra groups (which is actually of high value to some of us), you do get an increased level of customer support, and more messages before they cap, etc.

But, even considering all of this, I do agree with you that they are asking too much for what they offer. Maybe in the future when they enhance it, the price will seem more reasonable.

Anyhow, I really appreciated how you compared basic with Premium and Premium Plus. Up until your post, I was just looking at the difference between premium and premium plus. I like the added perspective that you shared about how all this relates to basic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I hear what you are saying Journey. We have to consider that there is more to PP than just the land costs. You do get extra groups (which is actually of high value to some of us), you do get an increased level of customer support, and more messages before they cap, etc.

But, even considering all of this, I do agree with you that they are asking too much for what they offer. Maybe in the future when they enhance it, the price will seem more reasonable.

Anyhow, I really appreciated how you compared basic with Premium and Premium Plus. Up until your post, I was just looking at the difference between premium and premium plus. I like the added perspective that you shared about how all this relates to basic.

Patch did also say that they are working on other benefits for PP down the road. So I mean things could get ultimately better. I am a glass half full kinda person, and believe that things will get better in the long run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Journey05 said:

No discount, no value. The added value of the Premium plan is not a discount tier. It's that it gives you a set of software features that you simply can't have with a basic account.

I do not understand this post. First of all, on a Basic Account you cannot own mainland or a Linden Home.

We all understand that Premium Plus has new offerings. It is just that for some they are of no value. Now if one of the perks was  "governance will act on the ARs you file within 24 hours", that might have gotten my attention.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Journey05 said:

As basic accounts can't own mainland, the comparison should be...

Premium Account 15 USD, 2048 land tier ($8/mth +$7 extra tier)

2 Premium Accounts  16 USD,  2048 land tier plus + 10% more at no extra cost if deeded to group

Premium + Account 20.75 USD, 2048 land tier

Not sure any of the extra groups, IMs, stipend is worth $60/yr to most people

Edited by Rowan Amore
Adjusted figures
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am just gonna say this. You do have a right to voice your opinion of distaste. But also understand this, it is also imperative that you know. If you don't like a service, you don't invest in it. I mean I am definitely gonna invest into it, I feel like it would be very beneficial for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

I am just gonna say this. You do have a right to voice your opinion of distaste. But also understand this, it is also imperative that you know. If you don't like a service, you don't invest in it. I mean I am definitely gonna invest into it, I feel like it would be very beneficial for me. 

It's not an investment. It's an entertainment expense.

Nothing in SL has any value outside of SL. Not land, (especially) not stuff, not even L$.

I don't invest in a HBO subscription or WoW membership just like I'm not investing in my avatar .. I'm paying for things I need to consume and participate in the services I enjoy. End of.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dojiba Sabra said:

Patch mentioned the posibility of ala carte.  I might be persuaded to pay $5 a month more for 100 groups and 2048 land.  What I didn't catch was whether the prims would double on a 2048.

Li is directly tied to land area. 2048 sqm of land will have double the Li as a single 1024.

However, in order to use all those Li in the same place, all of your 2048 sqm MUST be owned by you AND on the same region.

As yet, there are no 2048 linden homes, so you will have half your Li in a Linden home, and half going to waste unless you can find some mainland for an entirely separate second home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Some of you know that Patch Linden announced the new Premium Plus benefits at the SL19B today; it will launch on SL's 19th Birthday, 23rd June

Some benefits include:

2,048sq m of tier

650L$ stipend and 3,000L$ one off sign up bonus

140 groups, up from 42/70

160 messages cap (I think)

No upload fees for textures

10L$ to create a group down from 100L$

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

Thoughts?

I think it's a good package but would like to see a quarterly option as I can't afford $249 in one go

The stipend is more than I expected and the group creation fee is nice, as is free uploads

Will you be signing up? Did you catch any benefits I missed?

I want this, I need this, I will switch  from premium, to Premium Plus absolutely. well worth  it for me, being a singer manager and more in SL. About time... Just wish Price was a little lower maybe right @ $20 a month.

5 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Some of you know that Patch Linden announced the new Premium Plus benefits at the SL19B today; it will launch on SL's 19th Birthday, 23rd June

Some benefits include:

2,048sq m of tier

650L$ stipend and 3,000L$ one off sign up bonus

140 groups, up from 42/70

160 messages cap (I think)

No upload fees for textures

10L$ to create a group down from 100L$

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

Thoughts?

I think it's a good package but would like to see a quarterly option as I can't afford $249 in one go

The stipend is more than I expected and the group creation fee is nice, as is free uploads

Will you be signing up? Did you catch any benefits I missed?

• Thanks 1

I am upgrading too 😊 I am not one of those "premium stackers" who is premium just for the purpose to own as many Linden Homes as possible.

I am happy I can keep our parcel AND have enough Land allowance to own a LH too, and more animesh yay.

More groups, awesome as a blogger you never can have enough XD more stipend? Yay for sure, for me SL is just pure fun expense I don't expect "value" other than entertaining me. And I am surely entertained x3 

We have many subscriptions in our household and some months we don't even touch Netflix or another one, but do I care? It's awesome to have it when I need it, so no other value for me personally needed.

Don't need some Linden knocking my RL door and patting my back for it, some people in here seem to have expected something like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

What made me angry was Patch opening with how he's all about concurrency in a location and how awesome it is to have SO MANY people in one place.

There is nothing awesome about sitting in a crowd of 200 people in single digit FPS not moving, barely able to follow chat waiting for something, anything, to happen.

SL is not a spectator sport.

It's about personal participation.

Peek SL is 4 friends together, engaged and active.

This is the same "event's as a end in themselves" hill that Sansar crash and burnt on.

To be fair...I am one moping about those new event regions whenever I can ...but this time I had like 50fps without derendering anyone x3 💜

• Like 4

It's a definite go for me.

I pay L$0.25 per square meter per week to rent tier, so 2,048 is worth L$512 per week, L$26,624 per year, $106.50 per year.

L$650 per week equals L$33,800 per year, equals $135.20 per year.

$106.50 + $135.20 = $241.70 per year.

$249.00 - $241.70 =  $8.30.

Sure, I'd gladly pay $8.30 per year just to have 140 groups and nothing else, but I'll probably save more than $8.30 a year in texture upload fees, so I'll probably make money on it.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Will you be signing up? 

IF that is the complete list...not even thinking about it, for me not  worth the cost.
The stipend wouldn't cover my spendings so would still need to buy quite some.
I don't upload so many textures that it's a big change
Land tier upping to 2048 .. 1024 up the normal premium is only 84 usd a year... also not worth the raise
my premium alt has 400 stipend, so only worth 1.50 monthly more .. together with the tier still not covering the 150 dollars raise... good lord who made that up...

what a disapointment..... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I pay L$0.25 per square meter per week to rent tier, so 2,048 is worth L$512 per week, L$26,624 per year, $106.50 per year.

Sure, I'd gladly pay $8.30 per year just to have 140 groups and nothing else, but I'll probably save more than $8.30 a year in texture upload fees, so I'll probably make money on it.

with a double premium you would have nearly the same, at 50 dollars less.
You have to compare the prices between both premiums to see if the 150 dollar more is really a gain.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm just not sure if this is for me at the price you have to pay, especially when I live in Australia and have to factor in our weak dollar and GST. I already receive a 500L grandfathered stipend so the increase is not that appealing to me. The extra land, well, I hold a lot more land than 2048 currently so that isn't going to make a huge difference to me either. What does really appeal is the extra groups and free texture uploads, as a creator I would definitely make a lot of use of these. But I don't know what kind of monetary value I could place on the benefits of Premium Plus for me, just not sure if it is worth it. I was so excited about this product being introduced, too.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

It's $600 stipend. And the introductory rate of $249 is just that.. next year it will be $299.

$600 stipend = $31,200 per year = $124.42
$249 - $124.42 = $124.58 the first year

$299 - $124.42 = $174.58 all the years after.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, yestothis said:

It's $600 stipend. And the introductory rate of $249 is just that.. next year it will be $299.

$600 stipend = $31,200 per year = $124.42
$249 - $124.42 = $124.58 the first year

$299 - $124.42 = $174.58 all the years after.

Patch said 650L

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.