So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Over 6000 textures a year ?

Wow.

I have a huge texture collection at my disposal in real life that I've bought over teh last 10 plus years.  I was making clothes for zoobys at one point in the last year.  I was spending a mint uploading textures alone for some of those outfits.  You think 1 outfit 3 textures,  that 30L plus an ad which is another 10 linden you make 24 of the same outfit do the math :P 24 x 40 = 960 linden just for one set.  it adds up pretty quick 1000L on average = 4 bucks in life.   Plus I can make animations, sounds, and other things as well.  If they add mesh to this its even better deal.  I use to upload more htan 6000 textures a year at one point in my sl life.   I'm not a person that has ever used that feature they had for locally looking at the textures either I dont even wanna ponder how much money I spent on uploading until the right thing showed up in the right spot.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it seems to me that the package is more oriented toward the business/creative person and less toward the consumer person. And as such I think it will work out cost-effective for the people it is oriented toward

If that's the case, I'm surprised it wasn't called something like Creator Premium or Business Premium in that case, to, you know, identify that.  Like "Event Regions" are aimed at "Events" for example.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dojiba Sabra said:

If it was $5 US more a month, I could afford that.  For me, I don't feel the benefits of Premium Plus are worth $249 a year. 

Same here, but I think content creators would like it.

Edited by shireena1
added stuff
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

I have a huge texture collection at my disposal in real life that I've bought over teh last 10 plus years.  I was making clothes for zoobys at one point in the last year.  I was spending a mint uploading textures alone for some of those outfits.  You think 1 outfit 3 textures,  that 30L plus an ad which is another 10 linden you make 24 of the same outfit do the math :P 24 x 40 = 960 linden just for one set.  it adds up pretty quick 1000L on average = 4 bucks in life.   Plus I can make animations, sounds, and other things as well.  If they add mesh to this its even better deal.  I use to upload more htan 6000 textures a year at one point in my sl life.   I'm not a person that has ever used that feature they had for locally looking at the textures either I dont even wanna ponder how much money I spent on uploading until the right thing showed up in the right spot.

Impressive, however you would have keep uploading at an excess of USD 50 worth of assets every year that you have PP for that to be worth it.  As opposed to being able to spend up USD 50 and beyond as your needs ebb and flow if it wasn't built in to the subscription.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

If that's the case, I'm surprised it wasn't called something like Creator Premium or Business Premium in that case, to, you know, identify that.  Like "Event Regions" are aimed at "Events" for example.

This.

If it was announced as a targeted move from the start, I think people (I myself included) would take less issue with P+, but because it was positioned as a direct upgrade from regular Premium, then it's got too many issues.

I run a store myself, but I don't see enough benefit to P+ to invest, but from the running-a-business standpoint it begins to make more sense. But even then, you pretty much have to be a creator-of-note to really see much benefit from it, and by that point the 2048 of free tier is likely not enough to house a flagship store.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Impressive, however you would have keep uploading in at in excess of USD 50 worth of assets every year that you have PP for that to be worth it.  As opposed to being able to spend up USD 50 and beyond as your needs ebb and flow if it wasn't built in to the subscription.

I'd rather just have the 650 stipend and the free uploads at this point because I don't like giving them any sort of fee for buying Linden which I haven't done in over a year now.  Group membership is always an incentive for me as well.  If I could use the 2048 tier on my full sim I currently pay for then I'd be super duper happy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

If it was announced as a targeted move from the start, I think people (I myself included) would take less issue with P+

If it wasn't hyped to the moon and back for MONTHS.

Like this was something we should be excited for, because awesome reasons.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

I'd rather just have the 650 stipend and the free uploads at this point because I don't like giving them any sort of fee for buying Linden which I haven't done in over a year now.  Group membership is always an incentive for me as well.  If I could use the 2048 tier on my full sim I currently pay for then I'd be super duper happy.

Fair enough and if you find better value in doing that instead of taking the USD 51 cheaper option of having two premium accounts to get L$600 instead and spending that extra USD 51 to buy approximately L$220/week (for 12 months) for a total of L$820/week with then I'm glad it actually works for someone at least.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

your point about the naming is pretty valid. tbh I am just guessing. Is just that other than people who want lots of groups I don't see who else other than business-oriented people would see any benefit in this package

this said, seems like the contents of this package has been going round and round within Linden for ages, and amongst themselves have probably had as many discussions on the permutations as we have had on these forums. And in the end Linden had to do something given how long ago it was announced, and went with this

is kind of a lesson in some ways. Don't announce a new product coming soon, when don't know what that new product is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Not had official notice yet. Will take woo grrrls on forums as usual suspects

is some truth to this as well. Without the official notice then we all just guessing. Is what we do on forums tho, spend a lot of time guessing/speculating , while waiting for facts and confirmations

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

your point about the naming is pretty valid. tbh I am just guessing. Is just that other than people who want lots of groups I don't see who else other than business-oriented people would see any benefit in this package

this said, seems like the contents of this package has been going round and round within Linden for ages, and amongst themselves have probably had as many discussions on the permutations as we have had on these forums. And in the end Linden had to do something given how long ago it was announced, and went with this

is kind of a lesson in some ways. Don't announce a new product coming soon, when don't know what that new product is

My take is that they know they have nothing substantial offer most folks, have been instructed not to offer any kind of discounts but hope somehow the fluff will work out the same way that name changes have which is why they are curiously absent from this offer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Fair enough and if you find better value in doing that instead of taking the USD 51 cheaper option of having two premium accounts to get L$600 instead and spending that extra USD 51 to buy approximately L$220/week (for 12 months) for a total of L$820/week with then I'm glad it actually works for someone at least.

I actually have up until recently had several premium accounts on a yearly subscriptions.  Every few weeks I log them in and send myself the money. My sim is actually owned by one of my alts who is premium.  I however have been downgrading yearly premium accounts as they have set to expire because I refuse to pay tax.  I have two that just renewed and 1 more that will renew in September that I'll keep on the cheap end.  I literally have not bought Linden from LInden Labs since they raised the buying fee to whatever stupid amount it became.   I bought a fairly large amount right before they raised the buy fee and I pretty much still have most of that money because I was collecting premium money from the alts every few weeks.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two things to toss into the mix:

1) Free mesh uploads and something between discounted and free name changes are on the horizon with Premium Plus. These are not going to be available at launch, and so they are not immediate benefits to reap, but might affect people's future consideration of value.

2) The reasoning of "for benefits I won't even use" doesn't quite specifically make the Premium Plus plan overpriced. Like purchasing a computer bundle with a "VR headset I won't even use"; if you aren't planning to use it, then purchasing it was a waste of $ irrespective of the value of the item. Even the Premium plan is also a waste of money if you're in it exclusively for the 1024 land tier, but if you want several of the things it offers, the value emerges. Similarly P+ looks like a general linear increase in the P benefits with additional potentially huge value in *other* areas which certainly will appeal to a different set--but only for people who would use that value.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Not had official notice yet. Will take woo grrrls on forums as usual suspects

Did Patch himself not announce Premium Plus and outline what it is today?  If so then that makes it official in my book.  If he hasn't announced it then fair enough, the waiting continues and these threads are premature.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I ran the numbers for my account and I'd save about $6 a year. I'd also conclude that it was aimed at people with one premium account and extra tier payments (like me), rather than someone who uses a group of premium alts to cover the tier cost. I don't want a big expense in the middle of summer though, as it's the worst time to make money in art/writing, so I'm not making any firm decisions until autumn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

I'll have to dig back for the recording from an inworld meeting last month where I' pretty sure the quote from a Linden was "double the current stuff or more, for less than double the price".

Well $249 is 2.5 times the current price.  So either that Linden didn't know what he was talking about or the package really hadn't yet been finalized at that point.  I don't know if the increased Tier and Stipend will be enough for me.

I wonder if we get the one time signup bonus of 3000L if we do their pro-rated upgrade from regular Premium.  

Speaking of which -- did they mention the pro-rated upgrade?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

I actually have up until recently had several premium accounts on a yearly subscriptions.  Every few weeks I log them in and send myself the money. My sim is actually owned by one of my alts who is premium.  I however have been downgrading yearly premium accounts as they have set to expire because I refuse to pay tax.  I have two that just renewed and 1 more that will renew in September that I'll keep on the cheap end.  I literally have not bought Linden from LInden Labs since they raised the buying fee to whatever stupid amount it became.

Like I said, if it works out for you then at least it's working for someone. 👍

• Thanks 1

One of the concerning things is converting the Euro to the dollar and then paying the yearly fee. One year the dollar may be good but we are currently preparing for a recession. So those who would be faced with this would end up paying more than the $249 plus the fees associated with the transaction. 

Understanding increased cost of goods and services, I can't argue the necessity of elevated costs. However, It would have been a better offer to leave the premium package as it is now and apply maybe a 15 to 20% increase. What is being offered now doesn't equal a better deal and it's a huge increase all at once which most will not be able to afford and may make the SL experience a little less enjoyable. 

Thank you to those who provided a monetary comparison with the current premium vs. the future offer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ayla Evergarden said:

Another thing to consider, two accounts with premium have a total of 2048 sqm between them, which can be combined in a group to give you 2240 effective sqm, so you have more land availability by grouping two regular premiums.

(My math may be a tiny bit off, but you get the point)

It is the 'group' that gets the bonus.  So just having one Premium Plus donate 2048 to a group that has a non-Premium as its other member would still get the group bonus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.