So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not disappointed, this is worse than I expected but I expected that there would be no real discounts.  I thought it would be if not exactly double Premium benefits for double the price, just a few dollars more or less.

No, what boggles my mind is that with approx 60K+ Premium accounts why they wouldn't want or be able to come up with something with much more broad appeal instead of niche.  It doesn't seem diamond encrusted enough (like Event Regions) to really bring in the revenue for a niche and yet they don't seem to be chasing the bulk of that 60K+ either.

Sometimes the simplest explanation of all is that the ball was dropped.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not an LL Fangirl, as such, and I'm not going to try to convince people here who are disappointed in this that they shouldn't be. From their perspective, I've no doubt they're right. Certainly, this isn't a thing I'm going to find worthwhile myself.

But I DO love your positivity and excitement about this. It has actually, literally, made me smile.

Aww 💓

No LL fangirl either, still don't know what hit them in the head with pricing of those event regions XD but I think I heard Patch saying they will work on the pricing again...but my japanese is better than my English so not sure 😃

I really also think in this discussion there is no right or wrong, since both sides have legit reasonings, it's just a personal preference to me. I guess I'm just happy to finally see progress again at LL x3 I also have RL friends who are not SL Premium and would NEVER go premium and I totally understand it, makes no sense for them so why wouldn't they x3 

I wasn't Premium for a long while also, I lived basically in the infohub I was born in, and later rented, but grew frustrated with landlords leaving and getting homeless again after putting work into decorating so I'm just a lazy person lmao so for me premium and now premium plus is a nice chill way to play my SL the way I want it.

I am someone who's in SL to decorate their parcel and play dress up doll x3 also 99 percent AFK because RL is so shiny and I love squishing my babies XD (don't tell them that mama is being embarrassing on the internet). But I love love being able to calm down and unwind from my night shifts by taking nice pics of my AV or by pushing virtual furniture x3 so I will totally signup on the 23rd and get myself a nice Sakura home to decorate lol (♡ω♡ ) ~♪but I can also totally understand people not seeing a value for themselves in it.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 6

I will not pay PP now. And I am very disappointed since I thought PP would be same as P or a bit less as an introduction. LL does not offer annual payment with an introduction discount. That would have been an interesting thing to consider. But no.

And no big Linden home to show. That alone is reason enough to wait until I can see what it is.

But I can tell you it have to be awesome houses to be worth it. Because that increase in hard cash was nasty.

It looks like this is a great offer for creators, especially those who sell makeup or other things that need a huge amount of textures. Free texture uploads mean every makeup sale goes directly in the creator pocket, no need to calculate the amount of textures you paid for to sell enough to earn money. So this is more a creator friendly offer. Is it many creators compared to common land owners/renters?

As I understand it. LL has not said in clear words that mesh uploads will be free. Maybe it will only be discounted fees. It is still good for creators.

I think it should be a Resident Premium and a Creator Premium, with different benefits. Because uploading a texture to change profile picture once in a while, and a texture that I want to frame and hang on the wall, is small money.

So for me, huge disappointment. I will not say that I never will jump on PP, because the new homes may win me over. But as already said, they have to be awesome. As good as what Trompe Loeil or other house creators offers in texture quality and mesh work. So far, I have to say that the houses LL offer as LHomes has not been so good. Good yes, but not awesome.

The increase in stipend is a tiny bit over double, but not worth it for so little land and the uncertain "soon". We have seen it before, soon is more like to be several months. Maybe half a year. Or even more. Had it been more than double mainland...

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Having slept on the matter (yesterday was already way past my bedtime and I was tired) I can say that for now Plus is not something I'm going to do.

I have 2 premiums and plus 1048 tier in one of them. 2 LH and a bit of mainland, that costs me around 300 usd year and I'm not going to pay more. Bringing one of them Plus and let the other go basic would cost me only less 50 USD, and give me substantially less. Keeping them both premium and one Plus would cost me more 50 USD, and I would have the same, except for more 350 L stipend and 140 groups (that I don't need) uploads free (don't do that many) and some stuff in the horizon in the soon category. I have to see before I pay.

For me is not worth it, if they increase normal premium I probably will let go one of mine and that is it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In order to make the 2048 parcels enticing a few things need to happen. more variety of house themes within a region. As much as I love Victorians etc., the regions start to become monotonous, and not interesting because there is no variety like in real life., Do this on a few regions to test and see if this is appealing. Obviously not all themes would work but there are are themes that are compatible. You could pair Traditionals with Victorians for example. Log cabins and maybe something like ranches....

It would be amazing if there parcels came with water access ie docks, a cove, inlet, cay whatever. It is disappointing to have your house on the beach next to water, and not be able to rez in the water because of property boundaries. Making these homes with access to the ocean like the Black sea regions, would make this extremely desirable.There is a large boating community that this would appeal too, that may currently not be participating in  Linden Homes. If LL is looking to increase their revenue stream they should be taping into this.

Houses that are better quality then are currently available. I love the Sakura theme but the quality and repetitiveness of the houses is very disappointing, as where the Chalets. The Victorian regions when released where amazing, the  landscaping as well as the house options, you could really see there was attention to detail in both the houses and surrounding landscaping. The attention to detail in the surrounding landscaping has dropped off in my opinion. More open space homes perhaps the ability to rez or derez walls, a more modular approach.

It is great to have these wonderful recreational areas, what is not great is the inability to rez anything for even a short period of time, it really limits the use and enjoyment of these areas, perhaps that could be a premium perkfor both plans. 

I would also like to see a more thoughtful approach when laying out the houses to maximise water front parcels, with 2048 that means less houses on the region allowing for more of that.

What we do not want is McMansions that take up the whole 2048 lot, this defeats the whole of having the additional prims to decorate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I would KILL to have double the amount of groups, but the cost makes it nearly $400NZD which is almost double the $208 I pay now.

I hate VAT. But for annually Premium, LL cover the VAT.

That has made me a happy Premium member. The best reason to pay annually. It is getting a nice gift.

Hey @Patch Linden, what happens with annually payment and VAT? Will we have to pay VAT, and when?

fees.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was another thing said.

The upgrade of the existing houses. As far as I could understand that upgrade would be premium plus, not sure about that bit, I'll have to re-watch it.

That would mean that in your current LH you would have new options in the box that would be only for Plus? Hell of a way to kill a good idea. I hope this is not the case.

• Like 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

$ 249 + 20% ...o.o

It is actually 25% in Norway.

So if they start charging annually VAT for both Premium and Premium Plus payments, it will be even less interesting to pay Premium Plus.

I am so happy with more prims where I rent, PPlus houses can be so good that I drop the rental. I would save money on it. The amount of Prims/Li is the real deal. Nothing compares to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

What we do not want is McMansions that take up the whole 2048 lot, this defeats the whole of having the additional prims to decorate.

I've seen some early concept drawings for these, and they look promising.

01-neuschwanstein-castle-bavaria-NEUSCHW

Nah. You're right. Given the suburban or quasi-suburban aesthetic and layout that currently dominates Belli, they likely WILL be hideous McMansions, complete with 4 or 6 car garages, and steel gates to keep out the riffraff (like me!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've seen some early concept drawings for these, and they look promising.

01-neuschwanstein-castle-bavaria-NEUSCHW

Nah. You're right. Given the suburban or quasi-suburban aesthetic and layout that currently dominates Belli, they likely WILL be hideous McMansions, complete with 4 or 6 car garages, and steel gates to keep out the riffraff (like me!)

I haven't snorted coffee for some time now...thanks for hitting me unexpected ..in this thread..with such a post lmao

The garages killed me x3 and the cat kills me later in my sleep... but she is busy atm cleaning herself from my spilled coffee and staring all intimidating at me from acrosss the room xD 

But ugh so true those houses are HUGE especially with the LI allowed on them ...and nower days you can get really nice things already with very low LI but I don't even know  what someone needss 700 rooms for haha but then I think of my mainland neighbours and their garages...they even had one car in their bedroom for some time... x3

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 3

I was hoping the plus wouldn't cost that much more a $150 to $175 a year rate sounded doable for me for the entertainment budget, but they shot way over what I'd be willing to pay.  It has benefits I just don't need.  I'm tempted to drop my premium account purely out of disappointment.  I feel like we've been waiting and hyped a long time for this.. boo. Unfortunately I have to decide by Wednesday whether to keep my premium or not so probably easier to keep it.
My linden home is great. I have enough groups with premium as is and enjoy being able to get into packed areas a little quicker. There is that..   

Anyway I guess it sound like it might be a good package for creators who upload a lot. Otherwise I'm just not seeing the benefit for the price. Oh well.

• Like 7

What nags me is that they had more than 2 years to plan this and in the end it was a big disappointment, at least to me

Increasing a membership is supposed to give me more, if it costs more than 2 memberships and gives me the same is not worth it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wait, did Patch say open land plots of 2048m without a house on it?

That is bad... maybe.... I have to think hard. What kind of house can I get, that will fit the plot and give me enough Li to decorate?

And I guess the plot will be 32m X 64m. Not so easy to place a house on it.

On the 4098m I rent, I have this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ROOST-Ridley-Heights-House/23040211

And I believe it is a typo in the numbers for the side length with the cliffs. I am pretty sure it would be rules against a house like this anyway. And the Li will be deducted from the parcel of limit of 702 Li.

I can furnish a house like this comfortably with a 4098m parcel. With a 2048m, I would have to go back to the boring low Li furniture I have used in numerous Linden Homes already.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.