So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Kris Spade said:

I think the 70 group cap is plenty, and any more than that would simply be too overwhelming with "dings" all the time.

Depending on your viewer of choice you can mute group IM sounds. (In Firestorm this is under Preferences > Sound & Media > UI Sounds 1 > Group Instant Message > [menu] "Mute this sound," and there are a couple of other options as well.) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Atomic Infinity said:

I have a Linden home, and mainland, and make stuff. I have more than one premium avatar for 'group owned land bonus' reasons.

I am actually thinking about making more than one of them into premium plus :o

I worked out that the extra land tier allowance can bring me down a land tier payment level (or maybe even two levels) for actually a not huge price difference. By the time I work in the stipend it would be a bit more annual cost, maybe 5% to 10%, but the option to burn through free texture and anim uploads without worrying how much they add up to would likely halve that price difference. And I get more groups (which I want), and an extra Experience to play with per account.

I agree that the benefits lean towards people who create things and have mainland, and I know there are many people who do not make anything. But I seriously feel that if you never make anything in SL, you are really missing out on a huge aspect of our custom made virtual world. Making stuff is the reason I am here, the rest is just icing :D 

I'm here for the icing :)  

On a side note, the stuff you make is great,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I expected some nonsense like this. LL doesn't have anything to be really exited for anymore. They just don't. And being the definition of greedy is nothing to be exited for. It's nothing innovative. They do nothing innovative. 

Here's an overpriced sim with still outdated tech that Nvidia still doesn't care about. 

Here's premium plus where we offer more useless crap. 

If you want money, give us something that's WORTH the money. 

Edit: raising group limits shouldn't even have a cost. It's asinine to even think that group/block limits should have a cost. 

Edited by Chris Corvinus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not worth the extra L$200 in my opinion. I'll stick with what I've got. 

I'd have paid L$129-L$149, and surely they would have gotten more sign ups at this price? But this is just taking the proverbial.

Are they so out of touch with the residents? I guess so.

Edited by Yoofaloof Pacer
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

All in all I'm disappointed, I hoped for more or at least double the stuff, double the price.

My premiums are annual (no VAT and cheaper), so for now I'll stay put and see what those Plus houses will be, 

I have waited for the announcement of Premium Plus to decide what to do from Basic. My Premium subscription ended in April, when it was said that Plus should be announced at the end of April month...

So underwhelmed. I have more reasons to take an annual subscription for ordinary Premium than Premium Plus now.

I hope it is still without VAT, that LL has not stopped to do it yesterday and did not upgrade their information. :/

Good old Premium let me try the new themes of Premium Homes, that we know are coming, not 2048 m homes "soon". (eyeroll SO hard)

If Premium Plus flunks and has only some creators subscribing to it, maybe LL can be inspired to increase the stipend. All things helps to make it more interesting for non-creators.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atomic Infinity said:

..... But I seriously feel that if you never make anything in SL, you are really missing out on a huge aspect of our custom made virtual world. Making stuff is the reason I am here, the rest is just icing :D 

Nah, I have made stuff sometimes, but that is just things I make for me.

I am here to push virtual furniture around, dress up and shop. Creators need customers, and customers need creators. 😉

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Yoofaloof Pacer said:

Not worth the extra L$200 in my opinion. I'll stick with what I've got. 

I'd have paid L$129-L$149, and surely they would have gotten more sign ups at this price? But this is just taking the proverbial.

Are they so out of touch with the residents? I guess so.

You mean US$ not L$, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whoa I thought it was $249 total not premium and an extra $249 on top of $99 regular premium  , no way--

for $348 dollars I can buy a tank of gas.  OK 3/4 tank ....

We don't get all the group notices now , group chat acts up-- with 140 groups? And with PP people now making new ones for 10L all over the place?

Kinda bummed . Not a toy I want to play with.

• Like 2

Oho. LL will add home types to the existing themes soon -  for more details see Friday's (24 June) Meet the Moles interview.

This makes ordinary Premium even more interesting, why pay more when it comes new type homes in the existing ones?

It is like LL are working to make ordinary Premium a better and better option for me, and Premium Plus so bad.

But there is that "soon" again. LL has used it too much, and who trust "soon" to be less than six months now? Maybe we get the first "soon" promise in time for Halloween....

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 2

Wondering what broad adoption of Plus would do to L$ sources and sinks. At first glance, it seems pretty one-sided, both increasing sources (stipends) and decreasing sinks (nuisance upload fees).

Absent any financial stats, we have no way of knowing how much sources are currently exceeded by sinks (all L$-denominated charges including Marketplace fees). Whatever that excess is must be the number of L$s the Lab ends up selling in Lindex tranches pegged to the target exchange rate.

The only reason we'd care is that it's assumed the Lab would never prop up the L$ by buying on the Lindex, but rather only sell to prevent the L$ becoming too dear as sinks deplete the money supply. If instead sources were to exceed sinks, there's no obvious mechanism to prevent L$ devaluation short of the Lab turning off the stipend spigot.

Back when there were statistics, sale of newly-minted L$s was surprisingly low volume, but that was before the Lab even owned Marketplace, let alone collected the L$-denominated fees it generates, so presumably there's a lot more play in the control loop now. Probably nothing to worry about.

Either way, the Lab monetizes the L$, whether by selling stipend-bearing subscriptions or minting some L$ directly to the Lindex, so it's a wash revenue-wise.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

it is $249 total if you pay annually

Ok,

Deduct from that tier for the land and minus the stipend, you pay 9 US$ per year for the additional groups and free texture upload.I suppose one can use the land allowance on parcels you already own.

At the moment I have premium (including the 1024 on Belli) plus a 4096 parcel on Zinga. Total cost approx. 395 US$ / year. If I gave up my home in Belli, I would end up at around 310 US$.

With the new premium plus at 245 US$ + tier for the additional 2048sm of 156 US$  would make 406 US$.

I'd be paying 14 US$ for more groups and uploads.

Well.

No.

Or am I missing something?

P.s.: Don't care about VAT as I am exempted from that anyway, using a EU-VAT number of my registered business.

Edited by Caroline Takeda
  • Like 2

Canadian here and I went over and over on this. I can't justify spending $325 on something when all the features haven't been added or included and are still an afterthought or not even being implemented. Groups don't appeal to me as I never hit the 70 or so that I have now. Texture upload is a nice perk, but I only upload textures when building and not often enough. Animesh, don't use it and derender or lower people's complexities who have them added. Land Experiences, not really sure what this is other than AvSitter. I find a home I want and have to wait for support to even look at my request and oops its gone, or have to go into a similar to RL bidding war if someone else wants the same parcel. Higher stipend is nice. But all in all, not for me not right now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Caroline Takeda said:

That's what I thought, is that wrong?

Owning one (1) premium plus account should(according to the talk patch gave) cost 249$ / year, you don't pay regular premium on top, and in fact he briefly mentioned you can apply what you've already paid on your premium if you want to upgrade, but "it's complicated".

• Like 1

If part way through an annual membership, I got the impression they were looking at a pro-rata upgrade based on how many months into it you are. Makes sense, as if they don't then folks would wait until the next anniversary comes around to avoid excess wasted overlap.

I expect the actual mechanics of this are right now being tinkered with by the LLelves in the tech accounting web page division department :)

• Like 1

I plan to upgrade my main to Premium Plus, because my SL blogging job uses tons of group slots for events and stores.   The upgrade is more expensive than I was anticipating, will need to rearrange the entertainment budget and make some cuts to be able to upgrade.  Am also a huge fan of the Linden Homes, and am excited about the (future) plans for 2048 / double prim houses.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

Canadian here and I went over and over on this. I can't justify spending $325 on something when all the features haven't been added or included and are still an afterthought or not even being implemented. Groups don't appeal to me as I never hit the 70 or so that I have now. Texture upload is a nice perk, but I only upload textures when building and not often enough. Animesh, don't use it and derender or lower people's complexities who have them added. Land Experiences, not really sure what this is other than AvSitter. I find a home I want and have to wait for support to even look at my request and oops its gone, or have to go into a similar to RL bidding war if someone else wants the same parcel. Higher stipend is nice. But all in all, not for me not right now.

Animesh give me much the same reaction. I suspect it could be very cool as an efficient replacement for basic scripted object animation if only it weren't so geared to NPCs and other critters I'd rather not see anyway.

I do kinda want to stick up for Experiences, though. Besides using the AVsitter Experience (which I do a lot), there are many cool things one can do with one's own Experience, including walk-through portals, automatically attached scripts, bump-to-sit features, dynamic per-visitor Environments, etc. Even just on my little Belli houseboat plot I have a portal between a skybox and some churning sand on the seabed, as well as an auto-attached swimmer HUD (animations + buoyancy) and a spot where one can swim up to the edge of the boat and just bump into a net to climb up to the upper deck, where bumping into the diving board puts you on the board for your choice of dives. The problem is roll-your-own custom Experiences are easiest with full-perm scripts, and also look scary as hell when participation is offered to visitors (even though they're actually the safest permissions one could grant, because they're trivial to revoke).

Is the "bidding war" thing a real prospect for choosing Linden Home parcels, though? It seems this would require them to make Linden Homes able to be sold, or put up for auction—which would be kind of interesting, come to think of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Is the "bidding war" thing a real prospect for choosing Linden Home parcels, though? It seems this would require them to make Linden Homes able to be sold, or put up for auction—which would be kind of interesting, come to think of it.

The new Linden Homes are the new Gachas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But they know we are just going to spend our Stipends (thus stimulating the economy). Right? 

Oh sure, but spending L$s neither increases nor decreases the total supply of them in circulation, unless that "spending" is to the Lab for L$-destroying "sinks" like upload fees, Marketplace listing fees, Search listing fees, Classified ads, the partnering fee, and probably lots of other stuff I'm overlooking.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.