Ladies and Gay Guys: Do you think this guy is handsome?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is debil dawgs?

I has the disappoint... 

Back on point as to not get too far off the rails.. 

Jareth the Goblin King was damn smexy. Sarah may have made my young teenage boyparts go all a quiver, but I am not ashamed to admit it did have interesting dreams with both of them in it..

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If we're getting picky, I shall judge based on what is in the picture:

- Too much forehead showing.

- Eyes too squinty, looks "smarmy"

- Is looking "down" at you, not the standard for a "Prince Charming".  Not very charming.

- Jacket appears to be from Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.  Not very Princely.

-  Is giving side-glance. Not trustworthy, especially with the squinting!  In fact, beady eyes.

- Slight smile is OK, but with dimples and the angle just adds to the smarm.

Handsome? Most of the above things cancel out any handsome.

Add in the cliché red roses... I never once bought my wife red roses.. She loves sterling roses. 

ht883-sterling-silver-web-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If we're getting picky, I shall judge based on what is in the picture:

- Too much forehead showing.

- Eyes too squinty, looks "smarmy"

- Is looking "down" at you, not the standard for a "Prince Charming".  Not very charming.

- Jacket appears to be from Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.  Not very Princely.

-  Is giving side-glance. Not trustworthy, especially with the squinting!  In fact, beady eyes.

- Slight smile is OK, but with dimples and the angle just adds to the smarm.

Handsome? Most of the above things cancel out any handsome.

All of of those "faults" are down to the costumer, hair stylist, makeup artist  and the director, not the man himself. He's playing a role, doing as directed for the photo/scene.  

The photo that Karl posted gives a much better idea about how handsome he really is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

All of of those "faults" are down to the costumer, hair stylist, makeup artist  and the director, not the man himself. He's playing a role, doing as directed for the photo/scene.  

The photo that Karl posted gives a much better idea about how handsome he really is.

Yes but that's my point - those choices all fight against any handsome. I have to look really close, and squint almost as much as the actor is squinting.  There's an expression, "Picasso"..cover one eye and squint so you can barely see the thing.  If I "Picasso", sure he's hot!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And what about Bi Guys that don't feel like the Gay qualifier fits them?  I know a few that do insist on that distinction.

What about us? *edit* Waitaminute, are you subtly adding "whataboutism"? I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

9 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Found Karl's post with the picture.

Handsome? Too rugged for that, beard-o and all.  At least it's not a chinstrap or a longer/bushier Hipster beard.

Rugged? Yes!

Schmexy? Yes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I has the disappoint... 

Back on point as to not get too far off the rails.. 

Jareth the Goblin King was damn smexy. Sarah may have made my young teenage boyparts go all a quiver, but I am not ashamed to admit it did have interesting dreams with both of them in it..

Agreed on that, though Bowie as whole for me is interesting look then I'm girl who thinks Nicolas Cage is hot and female wise I love Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Anniston and most that know me off forum know I am happily bisexual.  The Prince in picture for me is too pretty then I don't like super pretty men/boys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cunomar said:

We note subconsciously their demeanor perhaps and i suppose occasionally acknowledge in silent thought i bet he attracts the girls .

I was on a train ride recently and this guy sits down opposite of me, who on the one hand could be a Calvin Klein model, but whose facial expression and stature suggested it wasn't the type of guy you'd want to have an impromptu staring competition with. He had really intense eyes and a pretty stern-looking frown etched onto his face.

I'm used to me being the guy people purposefully avoid getting in the way of, though I doubt most people look at me and immediately think 'that guy would look great in a pair of boxers'. ^_^

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
On 3/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And what about Bi Guys that don't feel like the Gay qualifier fits them?  I know a few that do insist on that distinction.

What about us? *edit* Waitaminute, are you subtly adding "whataboutism"? I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

That post was specifically in response to the below post by 'sailorcipher', which I neglected to actually quote at the time:

Ooh, all ladies invited to comment? Excellent!

Hm. He doesn't appear to be a lesbian or even a woman, so unfortunately I have to dock him several points from the start... :P Maybe he could do a bit more to take after some butch princely types?

(Sorry, just thought it was a little funny that orientation was only specified for one group of responders.)

She brought up how the thread title qualified guys as "gay guys", but did not qualify ladies --- yet, lesbians may not care or have an opinion on whether or not the guy is handsome (sort of like 'straight guys' might not).

So I added my comment, basically meaning:  Bi guys might not feel they fit into the "gay guys" category, but might still have an opinion on whether or not they thought the guy in the picture was handsome.  So, by specifically asking "gay guys" to comment, was the OP specifically excluding Bi guys?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why are we even limiting who can judge or comment?

I'm a straight woman, but I feel entirely qualified to judge the looks of women or gay men.

I commented anyway, as a straight woman. If the OP was looking for opinions from particular people, they had the choice to discard my response, as people often do anyway. It's no biggie. 

1 minute ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Sorry about excluding people...should I amend the title?

Not really necessary, Gopi. My comment was more about the discussion here than your title.

In general, though, I think one is asking for trouble by restricting responses in that way?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

No. You shouldn't. It's your thread, your title. Own it. 

Because if someone isn't offended or feeling slighted, who would be left to whine?

ETA...Response is to your edit reason

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not really necessary, Gopi. My comment was more about the discussion here than your title.

In general, though, I think one is asking for trouble by restricting responses in that way?

It seems anyone and everyone is asking for trouble for posting anything on these forums lately. There is always someone who ones to nit pick and split hairs or just plain troll. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Because if someone isn't offended or feeling slighted, who would be left to whine?

Hahaha, I was in the middle of responding to Scylla's post when yours came up. Isn't there always someone having a little whine? 

/me looks at time. It's two minutes to wine o'clock here. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

It seems anyone and everyone is asking for trouble for posting anything on these forums lately. There is always someone who ones to nit pick and split hairs or just plain troll. 

And that's different from how it has ever been here? Not really, surely.

I don't think this is a big deal, or difficult. Just try to avoid explicitly excluding people. That's surely just courteous and common sense?

(It's also not a shot at Gopi: his thinking was entirely understandable, and not something I'd get hot and bothered about.)

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And that's different from how it has ever been here? Not really, surely.

I don't think this is a big deal, or difficult. Just try to avoid explicitly excluding people. That's surely just courteous and common sense?

(It's also not a shot at Gopi: his thinking was entirely understandable, and not something I'd get hot and bothered about.)

I haven't got the mental energy, Scylla, to give you the 'right' response.

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

I haven't got the mental energy, Scylla, to give you the 'right' response.

I think it could be because you really don't understand what might bother some people.  If it doesn't bother you then you think their concerns are not important, and label them as "whiners".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.