Ladies and Gay Guys: Do you think this guy is handsome?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just curious. This is a stock photo of an actor playing as a "Prince Charming":

handsome-man-roses-27187290.thumb.jpg.08bc77e7f06c64f7a5b7849ab859da1d.jpg

As a teenager I would have had a massive crush on him. I liked pretty boys who were slightly older than me back then.  He has great hair and what beautiful eyes, and the ears aren't bad either. He makes a great Prince Charming.

Edited by Marigold Devin

10 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just curious. This is a stock photo of an actor playing as a "Prince Charming":

Doesn't look manly enough for my taste. You can tell by that innocent look and soft hands that he's never had to do any hard labor that builds up men and defines them as what they are, the stronger gender.

I'll pass.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

Doesn't look manly enough for my taste. You can tell by that innocent look and soft hands that he's never had to do any hard labor that builds up men and defines them as what they are, the stronger gender.

I'll pass.

If the gender descriptions were swapped on that statement it would be tremendously problematic.  Men come in all shapes, degrees of cultural definitions of masculinity, etc.  Taste is one thing; defining "what makes a man" is quite another.

He's attractive to me.  Maybe not my type?  But the visual is good.

• Like 7

b963e0a698040bf3a11ed1f811670b13.jpg

Here's a picture of an actress playing a character who is a fairy tale princess. Straight guys and lesbians, let's tout our opinions about her physical appearance? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

If the gender descriptions were swapped on that statement it would be tremendously problematic.  Men come in all shapes, degrees of cultural definitions of masculinity, etc.  Taste is one thing; defining "what makes a man" is quite another.

He's attractive to me.  Maybe not my type?  But the visual is good.

Yeah exactly, I go to the gym and am physically fit in RL. But I don't look like I've been knocked about by life. The guys shr's talking about with hard hands etc have had a tough time, maybe have a physical job or served overseas. I have a lot of empathy for men who have mental or physical trauma. I think many women have some kind of fetish for broken down men when all they really need is someone they can lean on. Sorry, it's a bit of a sore point. All the men in my family are either soldiers or police officers. They look great in photos but need a lot of emotional support. 

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I wouldn't give him 10/10 for looks but he's attractive enough. I'd swipe right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

You can tell by that innocent look and soft hands that he's never had to do any hard labor

Of course he hasn't, he's a model not a bricklayer. If your only definition of manliness is hard labour, the 21st century is going to disappoint you greatly.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Here's a picture of an actress playing a character who is a fairy tale princess. Straight guys and lesbians, let's tout our opinions about her physical appearance? 

She's a Karen...a princess only in her own mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Orwar said:

As a straight woman I'm going to have my opinion on this one. How refreshing to see a more natural-looking woman. Blessed with a good bone structure, she doesn't need to inflate her lips or stick on eyebrows, she knows how to emphasise her good features, a woman who knows what she wants. A character full face.

And to those who think she looks a bit ... stern ... it doesn't mean there isn't a party going on inside. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Orwar said:

If she is playing the bad princess than she is spot on. If she has to perform as the nice one, it is a failure.
But looking at the heavily worked over eye brows I think she playes the bad one.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.