Ladies and Gay Guys: Do you think this guy is handsome?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

So yes, there are contexts in which people can "insult" each other with glee. But, I have witnessed interactions in kinky, slexy, venues where participants in name calling clearly misunderstood the context and used slurs that others found offensive. I've also witnessed relationships in which seemingly abusive language actually was.

Context is key, as is reading it correctly, caring about one's own proficiency, and about others.

That would be one of those areas where consent, implied or direct, would be especially relevant.

On 3/8/2022 at 7:39 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just curious. This is a stock photo of an actor playing as a "Prince Charming":

handsome-man-roses-27187290.thumb.jpg.08bc77e7f06c64f7a5b7849ab859da1d.jpg

Ted Bundy was considered good looking to. He kinda gives off that vibe to me... This guy does portray the  classic Cinderella prince type.

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer

18 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

You would be surprised how many guys you know are bi.....just saying. 

I have no insights, really, into how straight men judge the looks of other men, but the gay and bi men I know are quite happy to talk about their views. What's kind of interesting is that it so often differs from my own. But that could of course be just personal taste, rather than a more general thing.

The straight women I know don't hesitate to pass judgement on how other women look. Sometimes it's negative, of course, but that's usually about style choices rather than facial features and so forth. But I'll often have conversations about how pretty, or cute, or whatever another woman looks, as well as about her style.

What is also kind of interesting is that my observation has been that women have different ideas of what is attractive in a woman than men do. But, again . . . maybe that's just my friends?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

You would be surprised how many guys you know are bi.....just saying. 

yes i know, but my post was only a reply that my earlier post to Drake was bigotrie .. and i still keep it up that straight guys look different to other guys as gay do, and also ( straight) women do

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes i know, but my post was only a reply that my earlier post to Drake was bigotrie .. and i still keep it up that straight guys look different to other guys as gay do, and also ( straight) women do

You're suggesting, in effect, that you can tell the sexual orientation of a person just by their appearance?

Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Are you a straight male? 

I can tell you, as a straight male, I do indeed know what constitutes a handsome male. That's like saying women don't know what beauty is. Just because i don't want to sleep with a guy, doesn't mean i can't think he is handsome. 

What a ridiculous statement. If that were the case then women wouldn't take their straight female friends advice on whether or not an outfit looks good. She would ask her straight male friends. 

• Like 5

I'm a straight guy (in rl anyway) and personally i don't think we pay much attention to how other guys look .We note subconsciously their demeanor perhaps and i suppose occasionally acknowledge in silent thought i bet he attracts the girls .

Perhaps its the same with girls , Looks might make us look but ultimately its their demeanor that attracts us in a I want to get to know her way . And then i guess its how she makes you feel .

There is always beauty to be found in everyone , could be the way she laughs , how she looks when deep in thought , the fire in her eyes when shes angry , all of those things combined and many more besides .

Edited by cunomar

On 3/8/2022 at 7:39 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just curious. This is a stock photo of an actor playing as a "Prince Charming":

handsome-man-roses-27187290.thumb.jpg.08bc77e7f06c64f7a5b7849ab859da1d.jpg

If we're getting picky, I shall judge based on what is in the picture:

- Too much forehead showing.

- Eyes too squinty, looks "smarmy"

- Is looking "down" at you, not the standard for a "Prince Charming".  Not very charming.

- Jacket appears to be from Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.  Not very Princely.

-  Is giving side-glance. Not trustworthy, especially with the squinting!  In fact, beady eyes.

- Slight smile is OK, but with dimples and the angle just adds to the smarm.

Handsome? Most of the above things cancel out any handsome.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.