New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

That's pretty normal when you're rezzing on mesh - isn't just limited to Newbrooke homes, or any particular LL theme - it's been an issue with mesh for years.  If you've never had the issue before then count yourself lucky :D

Guess I’ve been extraordinarily lucky - 2 trads, 2 campers, 6 Vics, 2 stilts and a log over the last 2+ years and never experienced more than an occasional glitch in any of them. (Though in the last few months my trad in Innside has developed the annoying habit of placing objects *under* the house.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Guess I’ve been extraordinarily lucky - 2 trads, 2 campers, 6 Vics, 2 stilts and a log over the last 2+ years and never experienced more than an occasional glitch in any of them. (Though in the last few months my trad in Innside has developed the annoying habit of placing objects *under* the house.)

Agreed. I didn't have problems with the other Bellisseria houses.

• Like 1

Previously, when I was in the Bellisseria group in-world - almost every day at some point someone would pop in with "why cant i rezz inside the house" - so it's not new and not limited to this house style. 

As I said, count yourself lucky you've never encountered it before - though there are some things that can help or effect it happening, one of them being your camera angle.  You'll have less issues if you cam directly down over your avi and rezz that way.

Oh and the "my trad in Innside has developed the annoying habit of placing objects *under* the house." - problem, yep that's caused by the mesh too - it's all tied together.

• Like 3

• Moles
10 hours ago, Olivier Marques said:

In another forum topic, Object Razzing (sic.) Issues, people are noticing that rezzing on the floors of the Newbrooke houses, often fail.

Is this something that can be changed, or we just use a prim to rez on @Quartz Mole?

Thank you.

My alt has had problems with that!   All you can do, I think, is rez things on a prim (or outside and drag them in).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

What do you think we did before we joined LDPW?

*gasps* You mean you didn't all drop from the heavens in cuddly Moley form,  riding on the backs of unicorns to land in a flower garden at Meauxle Bureaux? How disappointing.

(Actually, years ago, I spent a lot of time with a Mole, and I was very glad he had alts. It's hard to dance with a wee critter! 🤣)

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

My alt has had problems with that!   All you can do, I think, is rez things on a prim (or outside and drag them in).

One odd thing I've noticed, maybe it's just me. But if I set up a prim to rez items, but make it transparent, then I get the error message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
5 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

The other day I was on the Gateway model and the kitchen window just slid into the wall and if I clicked it, just kept sliding and sliding until it was outside the house. I had to re-rezz the house to fix it. LOL

Thanks.   We've had a few reports of that happening, though I've never been able to make it happen myself, and I can't think what's causing it to happen.   

The fix is, as it is with most issues, to do what you very sensibly did and simply rez a new house.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

The other day I was on the Gateway model and the kitchen window just slid into the wall and if I clicked it, just kept sliding and sliding until it was outside the house. I had to re-rezz the house to fix it. LOL

I had that happen to a few windows on the Gateway model, as well.  I waited a week to see if region restarts might fix it, but in the end I rerezzed the house and recolored the walls the way I wanted them.  I've had no issues with the windows since the re-rez.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moles
53 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I had that happen to a few windows on the Gateway model, as well.  I waited a week to see if region restarts might fix it, but in the end I rerezzed the house and recolored the walls the way I wanted them.  I've had no issues with the windows since the re-rez.

Your house may have been possessed by a demon. Please be assured that although demons can be annoying, they very rarely attack SL residents. As you discovered, you can always banish the demon by replacing the house with an identical one. If you have applied any custom colors to interior walls, remember to keep a record of their RGB values so you can use them again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

16 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Your house may have been possessed by a demon. Please be assured that although demons can be annoying, they very rarely attack SL residents. As you discovered, you can always banish the demon by replacing the house with an identical one. If you have applied any custom colors to interior walls, remember to keep a record of their RGB values so you can use them again.

/me pulls out the smudge sticks, walks in slow circles wafting smoke around with a feather from a wild turkey and chanting nonsense words that sound vaguely Latin.  The exorcism of mischievous mole poltergeists has started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Andrea Riverview said:

One odd thing I've noticed, maybe it's just me. But if I set up a prim to rez items, but make it transparent, then I get the error message. 

I've found that making the prim not quite all the way transparent seems to work better than having it at 100% transparent.  I often will set my prim floor covering somewhere around 90 - 95% which still allows the original floor to show through but doesn't result in the not being able to rez error message.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks.   We've had a few reports of that happening, though I've never been able to make it happen myself, and I can't think what's causing it to happen.   

The fix is, as it is with most issues, to do what you very sensibly did and simply rez a new house.

I thought about clicking that thing till it ended up on the other side of Bellis...just to see how far I could go, but I know I would inevitably collide with a house and really wasn't sure what might happen...I might have opened up a wormhole and all of Bellis could be sucked into the 11th Dimension...o.O

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.