New region idea: An Adult Region.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Allowing the Linden Homes to have an adult theme is a bad idea. I already have concerns about possible asian theme and how this could be used to hurt Linden Lab.

This might be a solution, maybe the coding department make the linden land parcel change settings to not visible to residents out side of parcel and security orb activated automatically when parcel detects an Adult object. 

The build tools needs a rating system built in to identify G/M/A objects for this to work. Sort of like C/M/T. If C/M the initial rating of the object sold should never be rating modify. To avoid someone selling a innocent G rated building block and someone placing a adult rated object on it so that when it will get reported Gov can see that the item was initially sold as a G item and someone changed it to a A item and should be responsible for their modification. 

That goes for all uploads, if it is an adult object or image containing nude, sex, and the other things Linden Lab considers adult should be labeled adult during the upload stage reviewed and approved. If uploaded content with the incorrect rating is snuck under the radar linden lab should be able to track every instance of that object or image and rebrand it as Adult. If I sell a G building block and someone puts an adult image texture on it and uses it in ways that violate the TOS the owner should be responsible. In those cases a rebranding by LL would not apply and should only apply if uploaded initially with incorrect rating. My brain is not working properly, there's a lot of conditions I can not go into at this time but something like that.

That goes for sounds as well; sexual sounds. 

As a past bellisserian I always set my adult objects to owner only so no one could swat while I was away, also I went into the home content pack included with the linden home, unpacked the security orb, and activated it so that anyone wondering on parcel uninvited would be ejected within 15 seconds. 

I have an adult punching bag, and adult closet, adult kitchen stove, hot tubs, bathtubs, showers, plants lol (just kidding about the plants). 

The name of the linden home game is stay within theme and use common sense. I have never noticed any (I don't even know what that BDwhater is I keep blocking it out) stuff outside the Linden Home parcels before. If I saw what i've seen on adult regions that were graphically adult and not within theme I would AR if outside. I like others never cam inside other parcel houses, but if there were a giant sex cross burning a mesh bot screaming and it was not 30 days before halloween I would AR.  

If the coders are really good they would make the privacy parcel settings include a cam block so that no one can cam around your personal space and no ability to interact with objects on your parcel. I always set my parcels to no scripts but I have had someone just open and close my front gate or open and close my linden home windows. It was creepy. 

New residents are not conditioned to tolerate things we experienced residents can, not initially. And if they see a cluster of people in a Linden Home area and they witness torture chambers and hear screams of pain and/or pleasure that will spell trouble.

I also believe there should be mini map and map privacy while on linden home parcel. If more than 1 person is on a linden home parcel better believe that is will attrack trouble. 

You won't catch me skinny dipping in crystal waters under the moon on a clear calm night because, im careful. (see in world profile feed, might need to scroll down a few pages). :) 

Edited by Paulsian
common sense
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Years back, there was no such thing as parcel privacy settings. You could rez your dungeon of debauchery many meters up, but anyone on the sim could perv cam you and they did. What exactly was "behind closed doors" when anyone and everyone could put their cross-hairs on you? Walls had no purpose other than to divide spaces.

We now have privacy settings and now nobody can see anything unless they trespass. There is no way for anyone to know what you are doing, or not doing, unless they invade your land.

I cammed around Belliserria yesterday, and I looked at what everyone has outside their home. I literally did not find a single PG rated piece of outdoor furniture anywhere I looked. I am sure they exist but finding any yesterday was like looking for Bigfoot.

Ok I agree... then all we really need is for @Governance6 Lindenor @Governance8 Linden or some other Governance number to tell us.... "YES hiding the parcel view is enough to constitute 'Behind Closed Doors'"

until we have a very clear yes or no... up or down... definition to this its all speculation and wishful thinking.  When i asked Abnor this he specifically even said he was NOT governance... in other words NOT an authority on this question.  And certainly if Abnor is not the authority on it then I know a bunch of people coming in here to be the cancel squad on any idea of an Adult Linden HOMES continent are also NOT the authority. 

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This is mainly why I'm not seeing where an adult Linden home region is even needed.

Paying customers are asking for it, that alone should be enough.

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I personally couldn't care less if there was an adult region or not. Would I get a home there if there was.? Probably but just to get the content package. ;)

But you do care enough to have posted 19 times so far in a thread asking for it.

We're not asking for a new special theme, so unless LL go all in and make some comically phalic topiary there wont be a new content pack. (I mean, I think they should, that would be awesome .. ooh, and we could have a community pub !).

d5GjZCW.png

(how much fun is that ! like seriously)

25 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

Allowing the Linden Homes to have an adult theme is a bad idea. I already have concerns about possible asian theme and how this could be used to hurt Linden Lab.

This isn't something that should be shied away from. Sex and it's expression is positive thing and should be embraced.

We've been at this for going on 19 years now

25 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

The build tools needs a rating system built in to identify G/M/A objects for this to work.

Maturity ratings for SL content built into objects in much the same way as next owner permissions is a good idea and something we have asked for. The difficulty is how that's applied to 18 years of legacy content. From a practical perspective it could only ever be used in an advisory capacity when placing objects or entering a region, context is what matters and there is no way to encode that into an object.

Attempts to use as as a hard block on content entering a region with a lower content rating would effectively ban all female avatars, as unlike men .. we can't detach our sexy bits.

It's not a prerequisite for making some adult rated linden homes.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Paying customers are asking for it, that alone should be enough.

But you do care enough to have posted 19 times so far in a thread asking for it.

First point - um no...just because paying customers want something doesn't automatically mean that's enough. 

Second point - Are you that threatened by opposition you have to count the number of posts someone puts in a thread? LOL..What part of "this is a discussion forum" do you not understand? The "I don't care if there is an adult region for LL homes" just means that I don't think there is a need for it but it's not like I'm going to get a petition going if they decide to create one and have it removed. Like I said, heck I might even move in. 

BTW, I'm a paying customer too so regardless of what you think, as a paying customer, I'm allowed to voice my opinion on the topic.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

First point - um no...just because paying customers want something doesn't automatically mean that's enough. 

No, it is absolutely enough all on it's own. Same way McDs will sell you a plain big mac.

Second point - Are you that threatened by opposition you have to count the number of posts someone puts in a thread?

You were listed as one of the top posters .. I'm far too lazy to go over the thread keeping score :)

LOL..What part of "this is a discussion forum" do you not understand? The "I don't care if there is an adult region for LL homes" just means that I don't think there is a need for it but it's not like I'm going to get a petition going if they decide to create one and have it removed. Like I said, heck I might even move in. 

So why are we all arguing ?

BTW, I'm a paying customer too so regardless of what you think, as a paying customer, I'm allowed to voice my opinion on the topic.

Those other paying customers can't have what they want because I'm a paying customer too isn't really a strong position.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

No, it is absolutely enough all on it's own. Same way McDs will sell you a plain big mac.

You were listed as one of the top posters .. I'm far too lazy to go over the thread keeping score :)

So why are we all arguing ?

Those other paying customers can't have what they want because I'm a paying customer too isn't really a strong position.

But I mean she can be just as loud and verbal, as the people who oppose the idea. How is that wrong? I feel like anyone who voices their opinion against it, the claws come out and you try to hammer it into them to agree with your side. 

On 11/29/2021 at 4:12 AM, Anna Nova said:

All the Linden homes areas are 'Moderate', so nothing 'interesting' is allowed to happen outside.  How about Linden homes in an adult region, with a choice of homes like: (1) a camper, but in a 1024sqr; (2) a tent in a 1024sqr; (3) no home at all in a 1024sqr allowing the whole allowance for 'toys'...

Similar to the prudes getting all the adult stuff moved to Zindra.  And this would give a nice boost for the LL revenues as the 'I'm only in SL for the sex' crowd rush to go premium.

It doesn't have to be connected to the prudist moderate regions at all.

You are technically allowed to engage in sexual activity in moderate regions as long as both the parcel is restricted to the public, that adult content cannot be seen at a glance from the outside of the parcel, and no one can see avatars inside or out of the parcel.

If you want to do that unbounded, unfortunately your only option is to move to Zindra or to a private estate like the Eden and Fruit Islands.

4 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Ok I agree... then all we really need is for @Governance6 Lindenor @Governance8 Linden or some other Governance number to tell us.... "YES hiding the parcel view is enough to constitute 'Behind Closed Doors'"

until we have a very clear yes or no... up or down... definition to this its all speculation and wishful thinking.  When i asked Abnor this he specifically even said he was NOT governance... in other words NOT an authority on this question.  And certainly if Abnor is not the authority on it then I know a bunch of people coming in here to be the cancel squad on any idea of an Adult Linden HOMES continent are also NOT the authority. 

Whoa there. I never said I was an authority on anything and I am not opposed to the idea of an adult Belli. I actually agree with you.

What I am attempting to highlight, maybe badly, is that adult activity is NOT being hidden away in some dark corners of SL. Every time I read that in this thread, I laugh out loud. It's all over moderate regions everywhere - in Belli and elsewhere. It seems to me that LL would have to ban nearly the entirety of SL if adult outdoor furniture, pools, hot tubs etc.in moderate regions was a bannable offense.

Has anyone in this thread honestly ever heard or known of anyone banned for using an adult lounger in their backyard in a moderate region? Yah, I didn't think so.

I am pointing out that the moderate rating is already open to interpretation, which a mole here said they were trying to avoid, and clarification was necessary. It's even more open to interpretation when you see adult outdoor furniture everywhere in moderate regions and Belli. It's ever further and further open to interpretation when a Linden authority of any type won't come into this thread - which has been going on for some time - and clarify this matter. And because they refuse to clarify anything and knowingly leave it open to guesswork, we get threads like this one asking for things we may or may not already have. It's the great Belli mystery.

LL lack of clarification comes off as  . . .  well, we won't say it's allowed from a PR stand point but if you do it we just might not act against it because we will be sporadically deaf, blind and mute on the matter. "Nothing to see here!" I think that is wrong, and they owe it to their customers to be clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Whoa there. I never said I was an authority on anything and I am not opposed to the idea of an adult Belli. I actually agree with you.

Some of the snark in my original message was not really aimed at you at all... Just the original part of my message about agreeing with your point.  However there are plenty of other folks in this thread who have and continue to do their best cancel out the idea of Adult Linden Homes.  And the best reason for that that i can gather is its not something they personally want and therefore have taken the position of complete opposition to it.  Would be like if I hated Brussel Sprouts (which i do) and thought that nobody should ever have them or if they do they should be forced to hide themselves in a dark closet far away from me to eat them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While not opposed to the idea of adult rated Linden Homes I can understand how they could be a governance headache for LL. 

Can anyone else see the irony in people complaining about being hidden away in a corner while at the same time requesting their own Linden sponsored corner?  Because an adult rated area would need to be separate from the moderate regions or else what is the point?

9 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

While not opposed to the idea of adult rated Linden Homes I can understand how they could be a governance headache for LL. 

Can anyone else see the irony in people complaining about being hidden away in a corner while at the same time requesting their own Linden sponsored corner?  Because an adult rated area would need to be separate from the moderate regions or else what is the point?

What's Linden sponsored?

This is a product/service, it isn't something free otherwise every Second Life user would have a Linden Home.

• Thanks 1

Excuse me if sponsored was not the best word, but Merriam Webster has a definition of sponsor as ": a person or an organization that pays for or plans and carries out a project or activity"

They are "Linden Homes" built by people paid by LL and the house is anchored on Linden protected land, plus they have a covenant written by employees of Linden Lab.  

39 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

The "hidden corner" is not a separate continent.  It is the regulation that adult activity in Moderate lands be "Behind closed doors" which is a concept we have been discussing for several pages now.

A separate continent enables an entire Adult version of a Bellisseria community to emmerge on its own  in a rated land area that does not come with the baggage of the morality police

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

The "hidden corner" is not a separate continent.  It is the regulation that adult activity in Moderate lands be "Behind closed doors" which is a concept we have been discussing for several pages now.

A separate continent enables an entire Adult version of a Bellisseria community to emmerge on its own  in a rated land area that does not come with the baggage of the morality police

I still say the separate continent of regions be called Beaver Creek. I kinda giggle every time I write that out. Lol. I am on the fence, but if residents had a choice when they are picking their homes. I am totally cool with that. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I still say the separate continent of regions be called Beaver Creek. I kinda giggle every time I write that out. Lol. I

Nods. That's fine with me.

(*although we both know that chances are they won't make one during our lifetime)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

On 11/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, Evangeline Ling said:

By continually pushing the Adult rated element of SL into the darkest corner they can find and then basically shutting off the valve to anymore further growth to that area it definitely tells the kink community you are gradually and gradually becoming LESS welcome here.

I must have misunderstood your earlier comment because it sounded like you were referring to the adult continent as the dark corner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.