New region idea: An Adult Region.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

And Zindra land is either unaffordable (Horizons) or looks tacky and cluttered (the rest of Zindra) or be at the mercy of a third party estate owner 

To this point in particular, I have been saying for as long as I've been on SL that there needs to be more land in Zindra made. I think some of the prices are quite high too, I have to agree with you there anyway.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alexis Crisp said:

On the topic of new residents

Maybe you mean all the alts brought in by old time residents so they can hide from the stalker ex. they married for a week, have 27 parcels in Bellisseria or join their "land group" to make owning a region more affordable?

• Like 1

While I admit I don't fully understand why people are wanting specifically adult-rated Linden neighborhoods, I don't see the harm in having them either. I kind of liked the idea a few people mentioned wayyyy earlier on in this thread, where there are neighborhoods for all 3 ratings. I'd totally go for a G-rated area, so how could I tell someone not to want an A-rated one?

I get why they'd go for moderate as a nice middle ground which probably appeals to the majority, but maybe they might reconsider an adult region if there's enough demand? There's no harm in expressing the want for one, in any case. I've popped in and out of this thread as it keeps going, and it's just a little weird at times how some are treating this like a moral dilemma, or using it as a chance to shame each other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Except no you can't do everything on moderate that you can do on adult...

And Zindra land is either unaffordable (Horizons) or looks tacky and cluttered (the rest of Zindra) or be at the mercy of a third party estate owner 

So same exact dismissive attitude Adult content folks ALWAYS HEAR... "You have Zindra so go sit in your antiquated corner carved out for you a decade ago that is not even a complete continent... sit on your hands and be quiet."

Just because someone likes adult content does not mean they have to be satisfied with price gouging or land that looks like a truck carrying a bunch of outhouses spilled over

You don't think that an adult version of Bellisseria is going to not look tacky? Who is going to determine THAT?  Are you expecting the Moles to determine which naked picture is tacky and which is not. How many dildo's are you allowed to proudly display on this adult land. How many people are allowed to mingle outside naked at the strip club?  Are you going to allow blow up dolls to be allowed to sit in lawn chairs on your front lawn?  Really? Who is going to determine what is tacky and cluttered?

Oh Adult rated Belli? Finally will be able to enjoy neighborhoods decorated with public displays of real people beheaded, dismembered, etc. Yay! Wonderful idea.

Adult Parcel_lght_A.png

The Adult designation applies to Second Life regions that host, conduct, or display content that is sexually explicit, intensely violent, or depicts illicit drug use.

45 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You don't think that an adult version of Bellisseria is going to not look tacky? Who is going to determine THAT?  Are you expecting the Moles to determine which naked picture is tacky and which is not. How many dildo's are you allowed to proudly display on this adult land. How many people are allowed to mingle outside naked at the strip club?  Are you going to allow blow up dolls to be allowed to sit in lawn chairs on your front lawn?  Really? Who is going to determine what is tacky and cluttered?

Tacky related to the fact that just as any other Bellisseria theme has a theme so would this.  And yes it might include items you just described but perhaps not.  Go have a look at Zindra... its 100% unregulated mainland with no covenant.  Just like any other Bellisseria theme it would have a covenant and some basic expectations for presentation.  Don't overthink this its not that hard.  And again if you hate Adult land that much you never have to visit it.  That is the beauty of it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LilNosferatu said:

While I admit I don't fully understand why people are wanting specifically adult-rated Linden neighborhoods, I don't see the harm in having them either. I kind of liked the idea a few people mentioned wayyyy earlier on in this thread, where there are neighborhoods for all 3 ratings. I'd totally go for a G-rated area, so how could I tell someone not to want an A-rated one?

I get why they'd go for moderate as a nice middle ground which probably appeals to the majority, but maybe they might reconsider an adult region if there's enough demand? There's no harm in expressing the want for one, in any case. I've popped in and out of this thread as it keeps going, and it's just a little weird at times how some are treating this like a moral dilemma, or using it as a chance to shame each other.

This! 

It continues to puzzle me why people argue so strenuously against the very idea of a continent that they would never have to visit unless they wanted to do so. I don't want an Adult LH for myself, but I certainly don't begrudge others the chance to wish for an area that is rated Adult.

I mean, how exactly does people asking for Adult LHs affect me? Answer: not at all, so why not let them express their wishes without all the attempts to shut them down?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This! 

It continues to puzzle me why people argue so strenuously against the very idea of a continent that they would never have to visit unless they wanted to do so. I don't want an Adult LH for myself, but I certainly don't begrudge others the chance to wish for an area that is rated Adult.

I mean, how exactly does people asking for Adult LHs affect me? Answer: not at all, so why not let them express their wishes without all the attempts to shut them down?

365025096_R(4).thumb.jpeg.e78e3e3aad290d87b266ab48072a98b9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Those who want adult LHs may want to give some thought to the goals of the LH project, and how an adult LH subcontinent would advance those goals.  I mean to say, repeating over and over that there is very little reasonably priced, decent-looking adult land may not be that persuasive to LL.  Is it the goal of the LH project to provide reasonably priced, decent-looking moderate land?  I don't think so.

SOOO often when I went to hire people, I would ask them why I should hire them, and what I would hear is all the ways that the job would help them in their career goals etc..  But what I wanted to hear is how hiring them would further the COMPANY'S goals, which I had been at pains to communicate to them.

I'm not sure exactly what the goals of the current LH project are, but I am pretty sure that increasing demand for LHs is not at present advancing that project - I'm pretty sure that LL & the moles believe that over time, they already have enough demand.  My guess is that LL now knows that building a strong community correlates directly to retention, and that Belli has been their most successful effort to date at building community. Perhaps if there were evidence that an adult COMMUNITY with as strong an idenity as Belli has held for residents in adult LHs it might be more persuasive.

9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Those who want adult LHs may want to give some thought to the goals of the LH project, and how an adult LH subcontinent would advance those goals.  I mean to say, repeating over and over that there is very little reasonably priced, decent-looking adult land may not be that persuasive to LL.  Is it the goal of the LH project to provide reasonably priced, decent-looking moderate land?  I don't think so.

SOOO often when I went to hire people, I would ask them why I should hire them, and what I would hear is all the ways that the job would help them in their career goals etc..  But what I wanted to hear is how hiring them would further the COMPANY'S goals, which I had been at pains to communicate to them.

I'm not sure exactly what the goals of the current LH project are, but I am pretty sure that increasing demand for LHs is not at present advancing that project - I'm pretty sure that LL & the moles believe that over time, they already have enough demand.  My guess is that LL now knows that building a strong community correlates directly to retention, and that Belli has been their most successful effort to date at building community. Perhaps if there were evidence that an adult COMMUNITY with as strong an idenity as Belli has held for residents in adult LHs it might be more persuasive.

We have no clue what Linden Labs goals even are. From my perspective it's throw crap on a wall and see what sticks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

We are customers... not employees...

There job is to figure out what their customers want and then make it and sell it. And if a significant number of their customers want red balloons then they better start making red balloons, because the customers might get tired of paying them for the yellow balloons they keep making.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hunny Bunny said:

It's not my job to persuade the company I buy a service from, it's their job to sell me the service. 

But they already said that selling this particular service was not easy or cost effective. So if you want the service it kind of is your job to tell them how this will benefit their bottom line.  

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

There job is to figure out what their customers want and then make it and sell it. And if a significant number of their customers want red balloons then they better start making red balloons, because the customers might get tired of paying them for the yellow balloons they keep making.

So do some research and find enough people that are will to support your vision. They aren't going to build a whole big factory to make red balloons if only 20 are going to buy these red balloons AND follow the rules.  

It's quite easy to manage the covenant for a M rated sim. Everything indoors is ok. Anything not rated M outdoors or not behind closed doors is not. Quite a different story monitoring a R rated community with a covenant. 

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Welp, my balloon recently popped.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I know it’s a real place, because we were neighbors at one point. Can’t remember where it was, though. 

Me neither.  And even if I knew, I wouldn't share the landmark publicly.  Because they're violating the LH Covenant, and divulging SLURL's of places doing things they shouldn't is a forum violation, as far as I know.  And if I come across this place again, I'm not gonna AR them, cuz that ain't my job.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

As much as ~I would love to see this be a thing, if this would be so popular, why aren't there many private regions providing this? Or maybe there are? I can't say I've looked extensively.

most of the private estates where home parcels can be found, have a nautical theme.  Sea, sun, clothing optional. Some have homes, sea side baches, etc. Most tho have berths for boats

i haven't ever seen myself a winter theme with people running round saying hihi! to the neighbours nekkid in the snow jumping in and out of natural hot springs but there might be one, dunno

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

they already said that selling this particular service was not easy or cost effective

Who is they besides the handful of usual forumites who seemingly have their noses permanently ensconced up the Lindens backsides, who I don't consider "offical" in any capacity.

Edited by Hunny Bunny
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunny Bunny said:

Who is they besides the handful of usual forumites who seemingly have their noses permanently ensconced up the Lindens backsides, who I don't consider "offical" in any capacity.

Oh, I was not aware that when people like Abnor and Patch post here that they are not representing LL or official in any way.  Good to know. 

I must ask then...If they are not official then why are you bringing this issue to the forums. Surely thee ones kissing LL butts cannot help here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.