New region idea: An Adult Region.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

I must have misunderstood your earlier comment because it sounded like you were referring to the adult continent as the dark corner.

the "dark corner" is referring to the idea that all adult activity in moderate land needs to be cooped up inside the 4 walls of a house or a skybox....

If Linden Labs officially describes "Behind Closed Doors" as simply inside your parcel but with the box for others to see inside the parcel left unchecks (thereby hiding the view of the parcel from outside the parcel) then honestly most folks at that point are not gonna care too much whether it is adult or moderate.  But if the definition of "Behind Closed Doors" is that you must also have 4 solid prim walls and a roof around you then yes i will certainly be one to continue to campaign heavily for an Adult Linden Home continent. Because at that point I cannot use my pool as intended... or my hottub... or my lounge chairs on my patio... or a number of other items i may be forgetting.  And not that i use them in that way that often but i sure as heck want that option to use them on my parcel when that moment arises

Edited by Evangeline Ling

4 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Because an adult rated area would need to be separate from the moderate regions or else what is the point?

I would say it would be less of a liability and would require payment information on file to verify identity/age. That would be hot i would so love to jog around there maybe more space prims less parcels per region $$$. Personally I think a campwich lodge would be sick as one of the house types. Like a lake house resort theme with boatslips. Or something like a double lot, I used to go to the log homes and make my house glich where it was blank and would build a little farm with a fence around it and put my hourses in it and pretended i lived in the house next door. It was so cute and that much extra space looked nice too, fishing mini golf skinny dipping :)

Edited by Paulsian

maybe random revolving themes and slumber parties, however, avatar security would have to be audited and refined. I don't want to see anyone getting jumped by multiple people by that horrible creation out there. 

Edited by Paulsian

3 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I still say the separate continent of regions be called Beaver Creek. I kinda giggle every time I write that out. Lol. I am on the fence, but if residents had a choice when they are picking their homes. I am totally cool with that. 

BeaverCreek is a real place.  It is the next tiny town over from where I currently live in real life.  I even lived in BeaverCreek for a few months before getting my house.  Anyone under the age of about 50 does giggle about the name.

I met some of the govbots lol not naming names seemed very nice and proactive. Its like sl swat seriously. I love watching their work lol its trilling like being in episode of cops. I'm sure they don't want to disclose practices, until whatever they do needs updating? 

Edited by Paulsian

1 hour ago, Paulsian said:

I would say it would be less of a liability and would require payment information on file to verify identity/age. That would be hot i would so love to jog around there maybe more space prims less parcels per region $$$. Personally I think a campwich lodge would be sick as one of the house types. Like a lake house resort theme with boatslips. Or something like a double lot, I used to go to the log homes and make my house glich where it was blank and would build a little farm with a fence around it and put my hourses in it and pretended i lived in the house next door. It was so cute and that much extra space looked nice too, fishing mini golf skinny dipping :)

But kids can get ahold of credit cards, I feel like we think that payment/ credit card info is absolutely strong. I feel like a system, where you show ID like drivers license, passport, ID Cards. And it would instantly delete after verification.

Age verification in SL was a complete farce. It never worked as users imagined, was a massive liability (privacy and legal), and couldn't be made to work everywhere SL is.

Sending LL images of ID presents many problems and demands users place a lot of trust in LL (or whoever). It's subject to manipulation by users motivated by a number of legitimate concerns - Trust in LL, access to an acceptable ID, living in a supported region .. and a tiny minority of kids using their parents credentials.

(kids don't go to the trouble of being verified adult to access adult content .. they just make their own and keep their actions out of sight .. this is why the teen grid was killed). 

It ends up being a test for living in a first world country. Is my roleplay partner a verified adult .. or are they poor / from an unsupported country.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

the "dark corner" is referring to the idea that all adult activity in moderate land needs to be cooped up inside the 4 walls of a house or a skybox....

If Linden Labs officially describes "Behind Closed Doors" as simply inside your parcel but with the box for others to see inside the parcel left unchecks (thereby hiding the view of the parcel from outside the parcel) then honestly most folks at that point are not gonna care too much whether it is adult or moderate.  But if the definition of "Behind Closed Doors" is that you must also have 4 solid prim walls and a roof around you then yes i will certainly be one to continue to campaign heavily for an Adult Linden Home continent. Because at that point I cannot use my pool as intended... or my hottub... or my lounge chairs on my patio... or a number of other items i may be forgetting.  And not that i use them in that way that often but i sure as heck want that option to use them on my parcel when that moment arises

How many times does someone have to say in this thread that most all outdoor furniture in Bellisseria is adult rated furniture and that people use theirs all the time. I really think you are missing this point. Even a mole eluded to this fact that there is adult rated furniture outside and that people use it discretely all the time.  This has been my point all along.  I'm not sure how many more ways it can be said.

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How many times does someone have to say in this thread that most all outdoor furniture in Bellisseria is adult rated furniture and that people use theirs all the time. I really think you are missing this point. Even a mole eluded to this fact that there is adult rated furniture outside and that people use it discretely all the time.  This has been my point all along.  I'm not sure how many more ways it can be said.

Yes by the same Mole who also said that GOVERNANCE is the authority on this question.  Not him, not every rando who drops an opinion here, and certainly not you.  I don't think its an unfair question to ask Governance to articulate and define what THEY mean by "Behind Closed Doors"  This is also the last time i plan on engaging your endless responses.

• Haha 1

My yard chairs are "adult".

I bought the adult versions because they were 100L more expensive .. and you know, maybe one day the extra animations might maybe see some use (ha!)

Am I going to use said adult animations in the easily identifiable perfectly normal looking chairs on M rated Belli  .. Even with parcel privacy .. even if it's "technically" ok .. Hell no!

I would not feel safe doing that. It's something I perceive as a risk that should I get reported might have serious negative consequences for my SL as a whole. I do not want to expose myself to the possibility that some rando reports me, subjecting my SL to rules that are clearly open to a lot of interpretation.

On A rated land, I would feel far more relaxed as the perceived risk of a subjective judgement would be removed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Rathgrith027 said:

You are technically allowed to engage in sexual activity in moderate regions as long as both the parcel is restricted to the public, that adult content cannot be seen at a glance from the outside of the parcel, and no one can see avatars inside or out of the parcel.

If you want to do that unbounded, unfortunately your only option is to move to Zindra or to a private estate like the Eden and Fruit Islands.

One of the wonderful things about a conversation, even one in sl forums, is that you might hear an argument that changes your mind.  For the record:  I now think an Adult Linden Lab Homes region is bad idea.

I only started the thread as a joke anyway.  And I know all that stuff you said.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, Mercedes Avon said:

And nudity in Belli? I guess no one here has encountered the nude "oh sorry, I accidentally walked on your land" Belli streaker guy who has literally tried this line with me on every parcel I think I've owned for any length of time in Belli. I do not encourage this. HE IS ANNOYING! He must get some Belli action though because he's been at it a long time!🤣

If you are talking about my friend @Dagger Greymoon, the original Belli Streaker, he may have once crossed your parcel, or it might have been someone else.  As to running on every single parcel you own?  Well, then I know it wasn't him, but someone else.  Dag makes a point of running in the street, and with a box covering his privates.  PLus, he hasn't been in-world in ages.

969658363_TheStreak1.thumb.jpg.aca7ca50641d73be1c3cc9abc7c0657c.jpg

So...There's another Belli Streaker out there?!?!?!?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If you are talking about my friend @Dagger Greymoon, the original Belli Streaker, he may have once crossed your parcel, or it might have been someone else.  As to running on every single parcel you own?  Well, then I know it wasn't him, but someone else.  Dag makes a point of running in the street, and with a box covering his privates.  PLus, he hasn't been in-world in ages.

969658363_TheStreak1.thumb.jpg.aca7ca50641d73be1c3cc9abc7c0657c.jpg

So...There's another Belli Streaker out there?!?!?!?

Not him. I would chuckle at this guy and applaud his sense of humor. The guy I am talking about is accidentally on purpose crossing into parcels naked surfing for "encounters."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Not him. I would chuckle at this guy and applaud his sense of humor.

I'll pass that along to him.  He'll appreciate that.

10 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

The guy I am talking about is accidentally on purpose crossing into parcels naked surfing for "encounters."

Dude!  Go to Zindra, like everyone else!

Facepalm-Example.jpg

• Haha 4

an adult linden home region like horizons but not sci fi would be nice and i would think generate even more money for second life.  i rent a 1024 plot for less than the cost of premium and i get 2x the li allotment..  horizons even offer a choice of sci fi homes the same way belli offer homes that u can choose from a mailbox or u can use your own house.  horizons and bay city are really nice concepts..  would be nice if mainland could be landscaped nicely 

It would be a moot point. 

Although the LH communities were set up in moderate regions, people still push the envelope with "Adult" decor inside and out and with their behavior or dress. Now, I personally prefer a more family friendly atmosphere but derendering and ignoring are useful tools. 

I do have both child avatars and adult avatars that occupy my linden home. I appreciate the community spirit that I believe have brought us all together in SL through Linden Homes instead of dividing us. I wouldn't appreciate the regions being divided and being told "Sorry, you can't go to that neighborhood because you have a child avatar on." 

I understand that this happens in privately owned regions for various reasons. But I believe as a Premium Member, wherein access to linden home regions is a perk of the money we spend on said membership, I have a right to enter all regions regardless of my avatar and the drama of segregating regions would create unnecessary drama and dissension. 

Just now, IzzyOzmaRose said:

Now, I personally prefer a more family friendly atmosphere but derendering and ignoring are useful tools. 

Derendering is not a feature of the stock Linden client.

Just now, IzzyOzmaRose said:

I do have both child avatars and adult avatars that occupy my linden home. I appreciate the community spirit that I believe have brought us all together in SL through Linden Homes instead of dividing us. I wouldn't appreciate the regions being divided and being told "Sorry, you can't go to that neighborhood because you have a child avatar on." 

I understand that this happens in privately owned regions for various reasons. But I believe as a Premium Member, wherein access to linden home regions is a perk of the money we spend on said membership, I have a right to enter all regions regardless of my avatar and the drama of segregating regions would create unnecessary drama and dissension. 

You can take a child avatar to an adult region, although it's generally something those with child avatars try to avoid rather than demand as right. Not weird at all .. 

If we ever get Adult rated Linden homes, I'm sure you would be able to teleport a child avatar to them and wander about to your hearts content, and the residents there would be within their rights to deny you access to their homes like everywhere else. Just like you can already teleport to Horizons or Zindra.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Derendering is not a feature of the stock Linden client.

You can take a child avatar to an adult region, although it's generally something those with child avatars try to avoid rather than demand as right. Not weird at all .. 

If we ever get Adult rated Linden homes, I'm sure you would be able to teleport a child avatar to them and wander about to your hearts content, and the residents there would be within their rights to deny you access to their homes like everywhere else. Just like you can already teleport to Horizons or Zindra.

"Deny me access to their homes like everywhere else." Like every other LH region we have now. "Adult" behavior is really not an issue unless one steps out of those barriers. As I said and as you just proved my point, to have an Adult Region would be a moot point. 

Edited by IzzyOzmaRose
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IzzyOzmaRose said:

"Deny me access to their homes like everywhere else." Like every other LH region we have now. "Adult" behavior is really not an issue unless one steps out of those barriers. As I said and as you just proved my point, to have an Adult Region would be a moot point. 

Maybe everything isn't for you.

• Like 1

Coffee Pancake

I never said everything or anything was just for me. I posted an opinion about this topic just like you did but I didn't try to take anyone's personal words out of context nor was I rude. I don't see this thread as a contest: Whoever gets the most disagreeable replies and laugh emojis loses. I merely stated my thoughts, tried to clarify when you questioned them, I don't care to discuss the matter further. An adult region that may or may not happen, isn't on my list of things to think about in the New Year. But what's the point of these threads if an individual, that you don't even know, can't speak their minds without others being disrespectful.  

Have a Happy New Year. 

Edited by IzzyOzmaRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.