New region idea: An Adult Region.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/29/2021 at 4:12 AM, Anna Nova said:

All the Linden homes areas are 'Moderate', so nothing 'interesting' is allowed to happen outside.  How about Linden homes in an adult region, with a choice of homes like: (1) a camper, but in a 1024sqr; (2) a tent in a 1024sqr; (3) no home at all in a 1024sqr allowing the whole allowance for 'toys'...

Similar to the prudes getting all the adult stuff moved to Zindra.  And this would give a nice boost for the LL revenues as the 'I'm only in SL for the sex' crowd rush to go premium.

It doesn't have to be connected to the prudist moderate regions at all.

Buy a sim, make a rentals, see if anyone shows up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sure, we could buy a private region, subdivide and rent it out or we could move to a multitude of already existing regions where this has already been done but we're talking about Linden homes being created on Adult regions. As you all know from living is Bellisseria there's more to it than just a place to dump your furniture and rez into the grid but it's also a community. So far I have not seen one legit reason why this can't be done. Even now LL continues to create Linden homes on moderate regions so, what is stopping them from doing the same ammount of work creating those houses on adult regions if not a lack of will? As the newly created adult regions come online and people vacate moderate regions, they're still creating just as many homes in addition existing premium members what they're asking for in the process, an adult community of their own. There's even a possibility that doing this could entice even more people to sign up for a premium membership. 

• Like 5

Personally I would love to have a purely G rated region where the 16 and 17 year old SL residents could also visit/own. Maybe we could add that to the "wish list" along with the "adult" linden homes?

(And in case you wondered, SL does allow 16 and 17 year olds to make SL accounts, but limits them to only be allowed to visit G rated regions.)

A few years ago I had one of those legal 17 year olds on my Star Trek region/starship. This particular 17 year old was more mature that some of the "adults" who I have met in SL. Of course, he is older now and has a regular account.

• Like 4

I have two questions about adult regions, out of curiosity as much as anything else.

First, what (other than the region classification) differences would people like to see between Moderate and Adult LH regions?    Would a separate continent, similar to Bellisseria only Adult, be sufficient, or do people envisage special Mole-designed Adult-themed community regions and communal spaces, too?    And if we are going to have special content, what -- in general terms -- should it be like?

Second, would people be prepared to pay extra for Adult Linden Homes were they to be offered as a super-premium option, along with other benefits such as a higher LI (a well-equipped dungeon can take a big bite of the LI budget, after all)?     

I certainly understand there's a substantial constituency that would rather have Adult Linden Homes regions, but I wonder how much -- if at all -- they would actually value that option, if asked to put a price on it.

Certainly, for example, I think a couple of tentacle monsters would make an interesting component of a well-designed water feature in the back yard of my alt's Victorian house, but I'm not sure how much I'd actually be prepared to pay to be allowed to install them there, at ground level, rather than in a discrete skybox a couple of thousand metres in the air.

3 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Second, would people be prepared to pay extra for Adult Linden Homes were they to be offered as a super-premium option, along with other benefits such as a higher LI (a well-equipped dungeon can take a big bite of the LI budget, after all)?     

I certainly understand there's a substantial constituency that would rather have Adult Linden Homes regions, but I wonder how much -- if at all -- they would actually value that option, if asked to put a price on it.

Absolutely not, the exact same deal as regular Linden homes.

It's bad enough the adult land has been shoved out of sight out of mind and left to rot.

If LL want angry customers, making adult lindy homes a super premium extra expensive perk is a sure fire way to accomplish that, we're already paying though the nose to live on the only approximation of a curated setting (horizons).

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Absolutely not, the exact same deal as regular Linden homes.

It's bad enough the adult land has been shoved out of sight out of mind and left to rot.

If LL want angry customers, making adult lindy homes a super premium extra expensive perk is a sure fire way to accomplish that, we're already paying though the nose to live on the only approximation of a curated setting (horizons).

Possibly so, but on the basis the value of a product is what people are prepared to pay for it,  I'm just wondering how much, if anything, people actually would value adult regions.    If someone is prepared to pay extra for a parcel with more Land Impact, for example, but not for one on an  Adult region, doesn't that tell us which amenity they consider more important?

I'm not suggesting that LL should actually charge more for Adult regions, but I do sometimes wonder how important  region ratings are when you're choosing a residential parcel rather than a commercial one.   I certainly don't consider it a particular disadvantage that either my Linden Home or my parcel on a very pretty bit of mainland are on M rather than A regions.     

Depends what you enjoy doing in the back garden, I guess.

Edited by Innula Zenovka

7 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Possibly so, but on the basis the value of a product is what people are prepared to pay for it,  I'm just wondering how much, if anything, people actually would value adult regions.    If someone is prepared to pay extra for a parcel with more Land Impact, for example, but not for one on an  Adult region, doesn't that tell us which amenity they consider more important?

Well, let's take a peek at the land store and compare private region pricing and see which costs more, a general, moderate or adult region and .... they're all the same! As a matter of fact if I own a whole region or a homestead I can change the rating myself and it costs nothing extra. Now, if we look at the tier page we can see that increasing or decreasing our holdings or prim allowance does change the pricing and for an additional fee I can even increase my prim allowance of a private region from 20000 to 30000 prims! So, I would say no because most people understand that increasing their prim allowance would come with an additional fee where choosing between general, moderate or adult ratings do not.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hunny Bunny said:

Well, let's take a peek at the land store and compare private region pricing and see which costs more, a general, moderate or adult region and .... they're all the same! As a matter of fact if I own a whole region or a homestead I can change the rating myself and it costs nothing extra. Now, if we look at the tier page we can see that increasing or decreasing our holdings or prim allowance does change the pricing and for an additional fee I can even increase my prim allowance of a private region from 20000 to 30000 prims! So, I would say no because most people understand that increasing their prim allowance would come with an additional fee where choosing between general, moderate or adult ratings do not.

Yes, but region prices in the Land Store aren't really a particularly useful guide, I think, to what people thinking of taking out premium membership are looking for in their Linden Homes.     Neither, come to that, is something I've ever considered when buying/renting parcels to put a house on.

5 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Yes, but region prices in the Land Store aren't really a particularly useful guide, I think, to what people thinking of taking out premium membership are looking for in their Linden Homes.     Neither, come to that, is something I've ever considered when buying/renting parcels to put a house on.

Ok, then you tell me what is a better guide than the only one we have. I really don't see many more choices than you can purchase a full region and then a homestead, you can purchase mainland and follow the tier schedule:2ee0151525dc61f1488133a32b270382.thumb.png.6533b5237a0c93a68aa13609ae4f292d.png

or you can have a Linden home. All require a premuim membership so, what other criteria are you considering when determining the value of a parcel to place a house on? I think most people would agree that cost is a major consideration. I mean if we're just gonna stick it to the people who want adult land wouldn't there be even more money to be made sticking it to the people who want moderate land?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hunny Bunny said:

Ok, then you tell me what is a better guide than the only one we have. I really don't see many more choices than you can purchase a full region and then a homestead, you can purchase mainland and follow the tier schedule:2ee0151525dc61f1488133a32b270382.thumb.png.6533b5237a0c93a68aa13609ae4f292d.png

or you can have a Linden home. All require a premuim membership so, what other criteria are you considering when determining the value of a parcel to place a house on? I think most people would agree that cost is a major consideration. I mean if we're just gonna stick it to the people who want adult land wouldn't there be even more money to be made sticking it to the people who want moderate land?

I would have to agree with her. It would cost extra to create and maintain an adult version of Bellisaria. I mean maybe make it part of the premium plus thing they are working on. Pay a little extra to get more premium prim limit and to be able to choose between adult and moderate rated Bellisaria.

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I would have to agree with her. It would cost extra to create and maintain an adult version of Bellisaria. I mean maybe make it part of the premium plus thing they are working on. Pay a little extra to get more premium prim limit and to be able to choose between adult and moderate rated Bellisaria.

How much more would it cost? ce9c9f68ecded9b01a1617c87b7947d1.png.b32dbdd4d8d34ba53eaf68ce0ebf4c26.png

Exactly how much more does it cost to have George Jetson push this button?

Edited by Hunny Bunny
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hunny Bunny said:

How much more would it cost? ce9c9f68ecded9b01a1617c87b7947d1.png.b32dbdd4d8d34ba53eaf68ce0ebf4c26.png

Exactly how much more does it cost to have George Jetson push this button?

There is more to that, than just pushing a button. I mean if you want a separate continent from Bellisaria. There is a lot more to that than just pushing a button. And I don't know how much it would cost. And to be honest, I would have rather have a choice to be able to live on a moderate or adult rated continent.

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

How about making Adult the default, and those who want Moderate parcels can pay more?

tenor-52099949.gif.f60d51dd652cd61ed13b8a07ed6b523d.gif

Either or doesn't matter to me. I just hope that there is a choice to choose between an adult rated continent and a moderate rated continent. So people can choose.

2 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

There is more to that, than just pushing a button.

I watched as they slowly created one of the largest continents on the grid from nothing. Paid for by by premium memberships and no matter how much you insist that there's some mystical, magical reason that they can not do the same for premium members wanting an A instead of an M, I'm not convinced.

• Like 7

On 12/13/2021 at 8:28 PM, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well, I knew if I dug deep enough in my photo files I'd find proof of a demand for Adult themes in Belli.  There have already been adult places in Belli.  Here's just one of them:  The Bellisseria Strip Club.  Yes, you read that right.

471554736_BelliStripClub1_001.thumb.png.4d1c5d4bc3a0a86f680801990b4aef76.png

1983720974_BelliStripClub2_001.thumb.png.7fd79d47e13320c43ae2222ba49dcc40.png

You gotta share a Landmark.

You know, to verify that it's a real place, is all. Honest.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well, I knew if I dug deep enough in my photo files I'd find proof of a demand for Adult themes in Belli.  There have already been adult places in Belli.  Here's just one of them:  The Bellisseria Strip Club.  Yes, you read that right.

471554736_BelliStripClub1_001.thumb.png.4d1c5d4bc3a0a86f680801990b4aef76.png

1983720974_BelliStripClub2_001.thumb.png.7fd79d47e13320c43ae2222ba49dcc40.png

Well I dont care about the interior but that sign on the roof is a huge eyesore and also violates the look of the community. I am very glad they are not my next door neighbor

• Like 2

Well you know if people just supported the idea of ADULT rated Linden homes that would be totally separate from the rest of Bellisseria maybe you wouldn't see things like that crop up as much.  Sounds like such a simple concept... A place for adult content people to do adult content things so they don't do adult content things in moderate content lands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 12/21/2021 at 1:47 AM, Evangeline Ling said:

A place for adult content people to do adult content things so they don't do adult content things in moderate content lands.

We can't have that! It's obviously better to sanctimoniously pooh-pooh other people's opinions than to respect them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've read many posts in here, but there are a lot at this point ... but back to the original post: I have to disagree with an adult continent with linden homes ... echoing Abnor's comment that moderate permits the same activities behind closed doors as are permitted in adult, I also like to think Linden Homes are a starting place for many new residents unfamiliar with land. While I proudly also have a Linden Home, I find I use it only occasionally as I've grown to require more prim :~) 

On the topic of new residents, I think it's a beautiful introduction to newer people to see the themed continents and neutral surroundings, it's a bit calming and not intimidating. If I were brand new to SL and had logically chosen 'Adult' not understanding the rating system fully as a new person, I would probably be offended immediately by the neighborhood and who knows, maybe I wouldn't pursue SL going forward. Thinking back to being new, you want a safe spot to rez objects, test things and understand things --- I can't help but feel adult Linden homes would be cluttered with a lot of naked people running around (giggles) and a lot more public sexual acts, that would be off-putting for me anyway. 

So, I guess in closing, while most of us are adults, and like that theme from time-to-time, it's nice to take a breather and use our Linden home for tranquility. There are also many opportunities in Zindra to buy or rent lands ... and to be fair, even more opportunities to rent cheaper lands in private estates, too (just saying). 

Edited by Alexis Crisp
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alexis Crisp said:

I've read many posts in here, but there are a lot at this point ... but back to the original post: I have to disagree with an adult continent with linden homes ... echoing Abnor's comment that moderate permits the same activities behind closed doors as are permitted in adult, I also like to think Linden Homes are a starting place for many new residents unfamiliar with land. While I proudly also have a Linden Home, I find I use it only occasionally as I've grown to require more prim :~) 

On the topic of new residents, I think it's a beautiful introduction to newer people to see the themed continents and neutral surroundings, it's a bit calming and not intimidating. If I were brand new to SL and had logically chosen 'Adult' not understanding the rating system fully as a new person, I would probably be offended immediately by the neighborhood and who knows, maybe I wouldn't pursue it going forward. Thinking back to being new, you want a safe spot to rez objects, test things and understand things --- I can't help but feel adult Linden homes would be cluttered with a lot of naked people running around (giggles).

So, I guess in closing, while most of us are adults, and like that theme from time-to-time, it's nice to take a breather and use our Linden home for tranquility. There are also many opportunities in Zindra to buy or rent lands ... and to be fair, even more opportunities to rent cheaper lands in private estates, too (just saying). 

Except no you can't do everything on moderate that you can do on adult...

And Zindra land is either unaffordable (Horizons) or looks tacky and cluttered (the rest of Zindra) or be at the mercy of a third party estate owner 

So same exact dismissive attitude Adult content folks ALWAYS HEAR... "You have Zindra so go sit in your antiquated corner carved out for you a decade ago that is not even a complete continent... sit on your hands and be quiet."

Just because someone likes adult content does not mean they have to be satisfied with price gouging or land that looks like a truck carrying a bunch of outhouses spilled over

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.