Stupid Conversations

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A once upon a time noobs perspective.

I came to SL to make clothes. 😍
I didn't even know what BDSM was when I joined. You can laugh but it's true.
I spat the dummy and logged out ->😨😢🤮<- when I was first tricked into lewd behaviour with a bogus animation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

My profile picture has myself with a female in it, I have gotten a few of these random IMs as well. I asume they see me in a group chat, then check the profile picture to see what gender I am, sine te name is a but gender neutral, the see her, and shoot of the IM without considerine the fact they might be talking to the guy in the picture, I recently modified the picture as seen below, hopefully that puts a stop to it.

profile101621.png

OHHHHH, You finally make perfect sense to me now. I guess the question to be asked is why people make multiple profiles on a forum and pretend to be other people? I mean I get all the alts IN world but I do not understand why someone has a forum account for a few months and then starts posting pretending to be a new person when they clearly are not. You are not trying to hide it or you would have. Isn't there some sort of rule against this, if only on the forum?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

why someone has a forum account for a few months and then starts posting pretending

I had a forum account for years pretending to be someone I wasn't, Now I have a new account just being me. 

11 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

The Grid Idiot: *messages my girl: mmm sexy.*

Her: *forwards convo to me and blocks him*

Me: Can I help you?

The Grid Idiot: who r u?

Me: The guy in her partner box. Can I help you with anything?

The Grid Idiot: what box? i derender mens means shes alone and free

Me:

Not like a few I have met:

The Grid Idiot: Yes, how about a threesome with your partner and me?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Me: The guy in her partner box. Can I help you with anything?

The Grid Idiot: what box? i derender mens means shes alone and free

A very interesting application of the Ostrich Philosophy: "If I can't see it, it's not there".

Ostrich-Head-in-Sand-Oct-18.jpg&f=1&nofb

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is a stupid, RL conversation I had recently in the parking lot of my Lowe's Home Improvement store. I'd just pulled into a parking space in my little red Miata, right next to a car made entirely of iron oxide with a Mississippi license plate duct taped to the rear end. As I got out, so did that car's gangly black driver, a young man as weathered as his car. He immediately swooned over mine.

In a very thick southern/black accent, he exclaimed...
He: "Ma'am, that sure is a pretty car."
Me: "Why thank you, yours has character."
He: "Well, I can't afford no better, and you wouldn't want something pretty where I live."
Me: "What brings you to Wisconsin?"
He: "I'm visiting my cousin, who bought his first house. We're fixin' it up."
Me: "How wonderful, I'm helping my emergency backup son fix up his first house."

At this point, a big white burly man made entirely of tattoos and bravado approached...
He: "Ma'am, is he bothering you?"
Me: "Not at all!"
He: "Are you sure?"
Me: "What part of 'Not at all' escaped your comprehension?"

He gave us both a scowl and walked off to his white pickup truck, made mostly of iron oxide.

I turned back to the young black man...
He: "Thank you."
Me: "Welcome to Wisconsin?" as I winked and shrugged.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is a stupid, RL conversation I had recently in the parking lot of my Lowe's Home Improvement store. I'd just pulled into a parking space in my little red Miata, right next to a car made entirely of iron oxide with a Mississippi license plate duct taped to the rear end. As I got out, so did that car's gangly black driver, a young man who looked as weathered as the car he'd been driving. He immediately swooned over my car.

He: "Well, I can't afford no better, and you wouldn't want something pretty where I live."
Me: "How wonderful, I'm helping my emergency backup son fix up his first house."

At this point, a big white burly man made entirely of tattoos and bravado approached...
Me: "What part of "Not at all" escaped your comprehension?"

He gave us both a scowl and walked off to his white pickup truck, made mostly of iron oxide.

Wasn't sure whether to thank you or be sad that it even happened.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Not like a few I have met:

The Grid Idiot: Yes, how about a threesome with your partner and me?

There are a lot of grid idiots out there all wanting the same thing and 80% use the same method. Its sad and hilarious at the same time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

There are a lot of grid idiots out there all wanting the same thing and 80% use the same method. Its sad and hilarious at the same time.

What's even funnier is when they don't log chat and hit you up with the exact same line they've used in 4 or 5 previous attempts.  I say nothing but continue to copy/paste their chat back at them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What's even funnier is when they don't log chat and hit you up with the exact same line they've used in 4 or 5 previous attempts.  I say nothing but continue to copy/paste their chat back at them.

zsCqYs4xrPQBI1u9wi-n6xR5Rrtnpl2Qd61WWJHf

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Think for some it is just a numbers game. Hit up 10 avatars with such a line and at least one will be so impressed they were messaged, they will say yes!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is a stupid, RL conversation I had recently in the parking lot of my Lowe's Home Improvement store. I'd just pulled into a parking space in my little red Miata, right next to a car made entirely of iron oxide with a Mississippi license plate duct taped to the rear end. As I got out, so did that car's gangly black driver, a young man as weathered as his car. He immediately swooned over mine.

I mean… I wanted to say something but really there’s no need to add anything at all to that. What an ignoramus as we say over here. Bet he wasn’t even a bit ashamed of his antics. Idiot. You should have set him on 🔥 

Just for the records.. I drive a white pickup too and it’s made of iron oxide, the back plate is half off (I just noticed that earlier). I’m off to fix it now, back off with that blow torch! 

• Haha 2

hi, want to test some furniture with me?

hi sexy

Hey there

hi want sex?

so beautiful avatar

Hello, you in need of a photographer? Your profile pic looks like it could be updated. first picture is free

hot avi

They all use the same variation of any of the above xD

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I mean… I wanted to say something but really there’s no need to add anything at all to that. What an ignoramus as we say over here. Bet he wasn’t even a bit ashamed of his antics. Idiot. You should have set him on 🔥 

Just for the records.. I drive a white pickup too and it’s made of iron oxide, the back plate is half off (I just noticed that earlier). I’m off to fix it now, back off with that blow torch! 

That story is just the most obvious example of what I'm increasingly seeing in my neighborhood. A recent petition drive has forced a recall election for our local school board, based on their imperious behavior of requiring students and teachers to wear masks, and putting "critical race theory" into the curriculum (not true). The recall election will be in November, the next regular election is in April. This couldn't wait?

A few weeks before that Lowe's encounter, in the same parking lot, I watched a young woman get out of her SUV at the far edge and throw some things on the ground. She was screaming at someone inside, but I couldn't make out the words. After storming around the car for a moment, picking up what she'd thrown down, she got back in. A few seconds later she threw the door open so violently she bent the hinges. She got out and was unable to close the door, and started kicking the vehicle. My blood pressure was rising, so I turned and walked into the store.

It seems to me that everyone's springs are getting wound tight these days.

Meanwhile, if you need any help with the truck, I also have quite a bit of welding gear, which I use to keep what's left of my tractor (we were both born in 1970) together. The beauty of heavy iron is that, no matter how much it oxidizes, there's always something remaining that'll hold a weld.

Enjoy the animals, Krystina. It's lovely to be around creatures who live up to their full potential, innit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Isn't there some sort of rule against this, if only on the forum?

Every single SL account is considered a separate entity.  Some people actually keep those avatars separate & distinct, including posting in the forums from each avatar's point of view.

For others, it truly is subterfuge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning everyone (or goodnight depending on your time zone 🙂). Well it's good to see this thread moving along so nicely, but just to test my understanding...

1) There are asshats who sometimes come up to random strangers in SL and make totally stupid comments... ✔️
2) Said asshats sometimes ask for sex right out of the box without any warning... ✔️
3) The recipients of said stupid comments sometimes check their asshat a$$, or otherwise string them along for *****s and giggles... ✔️
4) Said recipients who are posting in this thread are very wise, intelligent, and have a good sense of humor too... ✔️
5) Me, myself, and I are getting a good education reading this thread, and interacting with said participants (thank you for that btw)... ✔️

Ok cool, me thinks I am understanding things nicely still. 🙂👍 But on a side note...

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You @Madelaine McMasters get the totally awesome 👑 for the day (I was looking for a trophy, but I couldn't find one lol). What you did was truely amazing and fantastic and I wish there was more people like you to confront such ignorance and intolerance. If there is one thing that pisses me off to no end, it's any kind of discrimination, whether it be racisms, sexism, religious fighting, or even political bickering.
   We should all strive to fight against things that separate each other in such ways, as we are all individuals, have something to offer, and deserve respect; and you did that. And while I am not black (more like a pale vampiric white lol), I want to thank you for what you did. You rock! Sorry for the slight derailment of the thread folks, but I just had to say this. Now I return you to your regularly scheduled program... 😁

Peace...

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:
5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Me: "How wonderful, I'm helping my emergency backup son fix up his first house."

Wait .. we're just going to let this one fly under the radar ?

I mean redundancy is important, but .. 😂

There's a long story behind this. My parent's best friends were our next-door neighbors. They were present at my birth and my parents joked that, if they ever got hit by a bus, Trudy and Walt would be my emergency backup parents. This was long before the phrase "emergency backup" entered the popular lexicon. Walt passed away when I was in my twenties, leaving Trudy as emergency backup mom, who I've mentioned many times here in the forums. She passed away nearly two years ago, still very much in my life when she did.

While I was married and away from my childhood home, another long time neighbor had an unexpected child, twenty years after her first, who I'd babysat when I was young. Her husband, an alcoholic, would have none of it and divorced her. Dad, the originator of the emergency backup idea, stepped in to become the de facto father for the new kid, Mac. I got to watch my childhood all over again as Mac grew up under Dad's wing.

I eventually divorced and moved back home, causing my parents to flee to a nearby retirement village. As Alzheimer's took Dad, I stepped in with Mac, who quickly learned that wearing high heels didn't prevent me from inflicting genital pain with a fastball. While Mac was away at college, his mother succumbed to cancer in what is the most horrific passing I think I'll ever witness. I agreed to become executor of her estate, and official emergency back up mom.

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Maddy often speaks of her "emergency backup son", a young man who is very dear to her heart but not biologically related.

"Dear to my heart" might be an overstatement, Lindal. Mac is a royal pain in the ass. It think it's as much about keeping Dad's promise, or wanting to find the promise Dad saw in Mac.

If there is an afterlife, and I meet Dad there, I'm gonna kill him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.