Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

"A steady amount"... 5 items in the past 3 days, according to their FlickR. Now looking at Kupra... err, nope, better not.

I am hopeful that this is ramp up time - people get a kit, then need a little time to ensure their early products fit well and aren't junk.

I don't know per se - but I have been told that various kits are harder or easier to work with. That implies to me that this is more than - take your ready made item and plug in numbers to a few database columns, then sell it. That even with a kit there are always some tricky things to work out. If that's true then yes - folks would need time to get all their stuff set up for a new kit.

That at least, is where I am putting my hopes.

"Steady" may be overstating. Stuff is coming out, not as fast as I want. I'm spoiled by furry bodies that do tend to ramp up super fast when they first come out - but often trickle off a month or two later when there's a new shiny for everyone to cash in on. Human bodies tend to ramp up way too slow - causing most of them to become dead product lines. The few that ramp up fast enough, eventually hit a groove of regular support.

With luck Erika will land on the right side of that balance.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 10:15 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

Give it time, It'll pick up.. They all don't come out like gangbusters at first..

There aren't any full perm mesh for her other body yet.. That came out the beginning of the year. I wish i could make clothing with blender, but it gives me migraines. 

I'm having issues with the look of the breasts. I don't want them too big but when I get to 60 and under on the slider, they look awful. I've tried adjusting fat, cleavage and gravity but still look weird. Is anyone else having this problem? How did you set up your shape, the one included, did you custom make one, buy one?

Edited by xoRenaxo

13 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

I made one myself. Are you using the breasts deformer in the hud? Please attach a gyazo so that we can see how they look like to identify the problem to help you.

Yes, tried the Hud deformer too. I'll add a pic soon. 

On 8/22/2021 at 9:28 AM, xoRenaxo said:

I'm having issues with the look of the breasts. I don't want them too big but when I get to 60 and under on the slider, they look awful. I've tried adjusting fat, cleavage and gravity but still look weird. Is anyone else having this problem? How did you set up your shape, the one included, did you custom make one, buy one?

I usually have them bigger but I tested to see how low they will go without deforminng and I got them down to 22 looking fine. No deformer, but buoyancy at 100 and also using a physics with fairly high gravity (60) and mass (65). The physics makes quite a big difference. Bodyfat is at 39 here.

15_081.jpg.5fe60fdeea12078204d2240d4915a4bf.jpg

Edited by Karly Kiyori
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Did you hit the reset button on the HUD? Make sure none of the buttons are selected as well

Sometimes the reset button doesn't quite reset it, in which case "undeform avatar" (or "reset avatar skeleton") will fix it.

I tend not to use the hud deformers though because they disable physics. The separate third party ones (I use the Natural set from Must Trade) still allow physics to work.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:01 AM, Karly Kiyori said:

I usually have them bigger but I tested to see how low they will go without deforminng and I got them down to 22 looking fine. No deformer, but buoyancy at 100 and also using a physics with fairly high gravity (60) and mass (65). The physics makes quite a big difference. Bodyfat is at 39 here.

I had trouble the moment I went under 50.

I suspect how low you can dial depends on a number of other 'supporting dials.

This is the weakest point of this body - it deforms on smaller breast sizes.

I'm pretty sure that used to be true of Maitreya as well - it's even in old pics I have slamming Maitreya in early reviews. Yet on current Maitreya I've been able to dial all the way down and yet I can't imagine anythign having changed as there were too many clothes already out there. So I don't know.

If this issue is fixable, it should maybe be a priority before too many clothes appear. Unless it's not the issue it at first appears to be.

If for example, the only real problem with old maitreya was me using bad dials - then if we figure out the dials for this body to handle smaller sizes, we just start posting results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I bought something from Normandy over the weekend and it had an Erika size in it! I was buying it for my Maitreya so I hadn't even been looking for it, but it was there.

Yea, they have a few things in their store made for Erika..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's getting more and more creators.. I believe I've seen three new ones just this weekend..

It's feeling like, The little engine that could.. hehehe

I've noticed a few items recently for Erika at the FLF event, too. Good stuff for my transgender alt :)

On 8/17/2021 at 2:12 AM, Sparkle Bunny said:

Yeah, if you mainly make custom clothing and have very little for sale then it's quite hard to see how her giving you the dev kit is going to help her body get more popular? You come across as someone whose expertise is in skins rather than clothing, who wants to collect as many mesh body dev kits as possible, and is kind of whiny and entitled when refused. Most clothing creators would simply get on with rigging for the bodies they did have kits for, and reapply once they'd built up a portfolio to prove they were legit clothing creators rather than, say, random skin makers planning to make a mesh body of their own.

(Not of course that I think for a moment that's your intention in collecting all the dev kits, I'm just saying how it might look.)

Well you said that literally and this is an Erika topic so you trying to judge me It's nothing  objective ,professional and Fair. Since It has nothing to do with Erika, so please do not mislead my opinion focusing on your assumption of me collecting dev kits , like I had nothing else to do .

Edited by Olympia Hoxley
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

[stuff because for some reason folks are picking on this person]

Given the update to Belleza, I think people should stop caring about the motives of anyone who wants a dev kit for a new body.

Whether you are just collecting kits to have some shinies on the mantle place, or you're putting out stuff on brand under a different account, or you're working on a massive collection before you release it, or you're just learning and want every resource it takes, or you already have stuff made but just that your critic there found...

It's nobody's business but yours.

And any new body needs every last supporter it can get, as fast as it can get them, or it will be relegated to the dustbin of lost potential.

I'll repeat my earlier opinion in the thread, that I dialed back a bit, but wish to dial up again now:

- That dev kit needs to be handed out like the free samples from a crack dealer down on the corner of the block. Or like being on Oprah: everybody gets one.

If not, this thread and this body will be 'off page 1' by the next moment on the calendar and forgotten despite all of it's potential. The window of opportunity got halfway shut yesterday, and it's only a matter of time until it finishes closing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I really don't care about anyone's motives for dev kit collecting, but I do believe creators have the right to refuse randoms if they don't think it will benefit their brand. It's their business and they get to decide how to run it.

(Though at this point their best bet is probably just to give away as many bodies in raffles as they can and proactively send dev kits to all the major designers they can think of...)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I really don't care about anyone's motives for dev kit collecting, but I do believe creators have the right to refuse randoms if they don't think it will benefit their brand. It's their business and they get to decide how to run it.

(Though at this point their best bet is probably just to give away as many bodies in raffles as they can and proactively send dev kits to all the major designers they can think of...)

If you don't care there's no point in making assumptions about it .

And of course they can do as they wish , so do I. I was accepted for dev Kits requests in the 90% of cases , there must be a reason for it so when I'm Turned down it's more their fault than mine.

Having said that , it's as fine to me to disagree as them being Picky with applications. Did I really have to make that clear? I thought It was obvious.

END of the Boring Dev Kit thing . Next!

Edited by Olympia Hoxley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.