Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, amusing digressions aside, I wonder if anyone can tell me about the prospects for INM support and the weird crotch skin issue I asked about. 🙂

22 hours ago, Ezbeharra said:

So are things looking up for this body now? I was really underwhelmed by the Prima launch, which I had thought would be the logical replacement for my (much loved) Tonic Curvy now that it's pretty much EOL, and while the body itself is fantastic, I've already done enough suffering as the owner of a body that no one makes things for. So I'm wondering if Erika might be a better choice with all those great features it has. I'm not a clothes horse; I just need a few different things. Roleplay and costume stuff would be great though.

Anyway, uhhh, I am not above saying I'm looking for a "sex body" (I will be fine if no one rigs a polonaise for Erika) and I noticed the apparent lack of It's Not Mine support for it. Is that forthcoming, or does another body work for it? Definitely a deal breaker if it's not available.

I did get the 4.1 demo and can see a lot of improvements over the last time I tried it (3.2) but one thing I noticed is that the HD Bajayjay's clitoral hood winds up with my BoM skin's exterior skin color. I tried one of the Kalhene skins included with the Leah head but got the same result. Is there a tattoo that deals with this included in the purchase?

Edit: I can't believe the forums censor the medical term for a cooter. That's just stupid.

Well, it's in active development, so if you ask the creator nicely for a specific feature or bugfix you have a much better chance of getting it than with any other brand (except Belleza, possibly, since they just launched and are still working on stuff.) Apart from that, I have no idea.

• Like 2

To answer my own question, I got this link in the Something Different support chat when someone else asked about GenX support: INM/INAM Update Schedule (Google Doc)

It looks like there's currently no planned support for Erika, GenX, or Prima. So I guess I will be holding on to my Tonic Curvy a bit longer with INM 3.5 which still seems to work with most things.

Also, I want to go on record as saying the INM support chat is the most hostile support chat I've ever encountered, not from any official INM people, just obnoxious randos who feel the need to get snarky.

Edited by Ezbeharra

14 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

To answer my own question, I got this link in the Something Different support chat when someone else asked about GenX support: INM/INAM Update Schedule (Google Doc)

It looks like there's currently no planned support for Erika, GenX, or Prima. So I guess I will be holding on to my Tonic Curvy a bit longer with INM 3.5 which still seems to work with most things.

Ya, until those bodies really start getting worn  by a larger crowd of users,they probably won't do too much..

You might see Gen X curvy in the next year if it can get up around where Reborn is.. But Erika is kind of settled in where it is at the moment at around the 42nd spot on the list of 300 mesh bodies showing wearers..

Prima was on the list but fell off it.. I think it's pretty much over for Prima..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Prima was on the list but fell off it.. I think it's pretty much over for Prima..

Yeah, I don't know what Fizz was thinking. A body with no clothes for it but also lacks essentials for lewds is going to go nowhere.

6 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

Yeah, I don't know what Fizz was thinking. A body with no clothes for it but also lacks essentials for lewds is going to go nowhere.

Fizz started out making shoes and clothes so she is capable of dress ing Prima. The fix for the Erika crotch is in the 4.1.

21 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

I feel bad for them to go to all that work and it not pan out..

It's a good looking body when you put it on, but a body needs more than that to go anywhere.. There isn't anything else for it.. It feels more like they thought , if they build it everything else will come along..

It doesn't work like that anymore. If you just throw a body in the room nowadays hoping everyone else is going to bring it to life.. It's just gonna lay there until it's pronounced dead.. Which i feel bad for them that  that's happening.. I liked the body..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colleen Criss said:

Fizz started out making shoes and clothes so she is capable of dress ing Prima. The fix for the Erika crotch is in the 4.1.

I've been in this Tonic body long enough to know that Fizz is a very talented and capable creator who can make a lot of very nice things but very few people are going to buy a body to wear only the creator's clothes and maybe a few others. Look at Eve, Star Body, and UltraVixen. Also, have you been to the Tonic store? I'm sure my mother would approve of nearly everything they sell there.

I don't want to hijack the Erika thread to gripe about Prima/Tonic but the trouble Erika is having in spite of a decent effort on behalf of the creator to get some hype and 3rd party support going should be a pretty good indicator of how important having some release hype is.

1 minute ago, Ezbeharra said:

I've been in this Tonic body long enough to know that Fizz is a very talented and capable creator who can make a lot of very nice things but very few people are going to buy a body to wear only the creator's clothes and maybe a few others. Look at Eve, Star Body, and UltraVixen. Also, have you been to the Tonic store? I'm sure my mother would approve of nearly everything they sell there.

I don't want to hijack the Erika thread to gripe about Prima/Tonic but the trouble Erika is having in spite of a decent effort on behalf of the creator to get some hype and 3rd party support going should be a pretty good indicator of how important having some release hype is.

If I recall right, when Maitreya was released , most things released were from them and they were not passing out dev kits like candy. 

Erika is good about getting kits out and she has a great product. Actually when you think about it buying Erika gives the best of both worlds , fem/transgendered for a great price.

Give them a chance and time , things will come round.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

If I recall right, when Maitreya was released , most things released were from them and they were not passing out dev kits like candy. 

Erika is good about getting kits out and she has a great product. Actually when you think about it buying Erika gives the best of both worlds , fem/transgendered for a great price.

Give them a chance and time , things will come round.

Really they aren't in a bad place for sure..  They are just settled into a spot right now is all.. I bet if they keep doing more of those events they will pull even more in.. They seemed to gain a little more life after the last one and showing up in more spots..

I really noticed when i was looking for the belleza and prima things when they had their release day.. I kept saying to myself, there is another Erika and another and another.. hehehe

I was like, wow Erika sure is showing up more now..Much more than i seen them before in the past..:)

I'll shelve all the rest of my bodies if they really start pulling in the more conservative and casual clothes.. In a heart beat too.. hehehe

• Like 2

You know who did pass out dev kits like candy? Tonic. You didn't even have to fill out an application, it was just L$100 at the mainstore to get the mesh makers' kit. And in spite of both bodies being really good for their time, and even now, they never broke into the majors.

15 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

You know who did pass out dev kits like candy? Tonic. You didn't even have to fill out an application, it was just L$100 at the mainstore to get the mesh makers' kit. And in spite of both bodies being really good for their time, and even now, they never broke into the majors.

It's not good enough to have the kits available. All the successful body launches since Legacy made deals with the designers people want to wear and partnered with desirable brands _before_ launch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's not good enough to have the kits available. All the successful body launches since Legacy made deals with the designers people want to wear and partnered with desirable brands _before_ launch. 

Exactly. Sorry if I was unclear, I agree with you completely and it's why I'm hesitant about shelling out any money for bodies that don't have strong launches like Legacy and Reborn did. I think that's the current conventional wisdom and it definitely makes sense.

What's interesting about Erika, though, is that people say it seems to be gaining again. If that's true, then that would go against the conventional wisdom about big launches and that would be a fun thing to watch whether I wind up getting the body or not. I hope so, because I'm naturally inclined to root for the underdog, and I really do think it's a good body that deserves more attention.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ezbeharra said:

What's interesting about Erika, though, is that people say it seems to be gaining again. 

It does seem to be, at the moment. There is actually some nice stuff for it at this round of Collabor88, with Kaithleen's and Luas both offering cute corset outfits. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

It does seem to be, at the moment. There is actually some nice stuff for it at this round of Collabor88, with Kaithleen's and Luas both offering cute corset outfits. 

I'm seeing some nicer things for it.. one thing that was always short on for Erika was bikini's that were actually for going to the beach that doesn't have things covered.. I seen there is one in the sales..

I'm seeing some more casual and conservative things showing up also.. so if it can turn that corner, I think there is quite a few people that would love to grab that body..

I was losing faith there for a little bit but never totally.. So I'm happy to see these things showing up more and more now.. :)

It may never make it to the top, but as long as it's making it and we have good things, it's solid to me in my eyes..

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:44 PM, Stephanie Lovely said:

What does everyone think about this new body? Look promising? I tried the demo and it looks pretty damn good at every size, curvy, chubby and thin, which is more than I can say for a lot of competing bodies. The only thing is, no clothes support yet but it comes with 10 outfits. The head is included but I am not a fan of that. I'll definitely be getting it if designers start supporting it with clothes. Freya is no longer supported by its creator with updates and for me, Kupra is too harsh, this could be a good replacement.

51284982462_196c80217d_b_d.jpg

I am one of the lucky winners of this body.  It's absolutely beautiful. I see new things available for it on a daily basis, and while the biggest names in designers may not pick it up, the ones that are have been turning out some nice outfits and will only become competition for the ones at the top when people start trying the demo and making their purchase.  The discord group has new outfits released almost daily and  It will get better in time, I'm sure, because the body itself is better than any other I've seen and used.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 2:53 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm seeing some more casual and conservative things showing up also.. so if it can turn that corner, I think there is quite a few people that would love to grab that body..

I agree, we need some more conservative outfits 

• Like 1

Official Kalhene Discord server seems to be neglected/abandoned at this point - spam links all over the place for like a week, designers asking for a creator role and still not getting it two weeks later. They really need at least a moderator. I'm not even surprised that Erika is not more popular if there is nobody to provide a bare minimum support for it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sissi Slacker said:

Official Kalhene Discord server seems to be neglected/abandoned at this point - spam links all over the place for like a week, designers asking for a creator role and still not getting it two weeks later. They really need at least a moderator. I'm not even surprised that Erika is not more popular if there is nobody to provide a bare minimum support for it.

I agree, Urdaneta's too caught up in the creative/technical details of Erika to keep up with all of the requests for creator roles. She recently said on Discord that Analexa is no longer being updated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That's unfortunate. I tried the demo, and it's the better of the two products.

I don't think they've even had it in the new store since they moved from the old one.. I think you could only get it on the MP after that.. That may have impacted it selling too well..  It is a nice body..

It would be nice to see it turn into a free body if they aren't going to update it anymore..

Heck that might even generate people into getting the Erika a little later when they feel like buying a body.

if they have a free body, and get on that new user looking for free body circut.. that's good traffic.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.