Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I finally caved and bought ERIKA.

I remembered it had its own set of outfits, so with a bit of mixing and matching was able to create a pretty nice horse riding outfit!

I will say that it took a bit to get used to the shape, since I'm more used to my custom Freya, which the sliders got to a nice stocky muscular without being fetish muscly. Erika... will always be pear shaped, even with torso muscles at 100. I could pad out the arms with the leather jacket which was nice, but Freya will be my go to for my medieval RP, Erika will be more for casual everyday exploring.

Snapshot_547.png

Snapshot_548.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lokiande said:

Erika... will always be pear shaped, even with torso muscles at 100. I could pad out the arms with the leather jacket which was nice, but Freya will be my go to for my medieval RP, Erika will be more for casual everyday exploring.

I actually got Erika out of pear shape without much difficulty.

Numbers in an earlier post in the thread. I reached an hourglass. Rather than dial up the top, dial down the bottom. It's the same thing I had to do with Freya years ago - but with slightly different dials and degrees to those dials.

• Like 2

My favorite feature of Erika for my alt thus far is the Asian options. Was playing around with her in the empty floor on the house near Black Arts Gothic a few days ago. The Natural Asian shape for me is just right, curvy but not too large (though I love the larger shapes too). In any case, I'm glad support for Erika is increasing. I'll definitely buy some of the available clothes for it ASAP. 

BlackArtsGothicCLothing-1030-08132021_007.png

Edited by JeromFranzic
'spelling'
  • Like 1

So I did some shape tweaking. I really really enjoy the overall look and i can't wait to pick up more clothes for this body! [head and hair are from Raven Bell, i'm too attached to change!]

Snapshot_549.png

Edited by Lokiande
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

If I was approved for the dev Kit , I already would be making clothes.I got all the mesh kits excepto for Erika, which doesn't seem easy to get . Honestly that won't help spreading the Word and making It popular. 

I believe you have to have an established clothing store. She isn't just going to give the kit away to anyone..and it is pretty easy to get if you fit her criteria, as with the other mesh bodies... She is being selective. I applied myself and have not heard anything. But if I have an inssue, she is very quick to respond inworld. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

So I got it for Indra and I'm delighted to find an outfit on the MP which is exactly perfect for her.

51381300379_ed9afef05d_b.jpg

The top and skirt are both from ARTI'S Fashion, available separately, and both come with a shed-load of colours/patterns.

I have that skirt to, my issue is when my ava walks the legs poke through so its not a "perfect" but If I am standing still with slight leg movements, its great.. but walking and dancing.. it's not the skirt for it.

5 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I believe you have to have an established clothing store. She isn't just going to give the kit away to anyone..and it is pretty easy to get if you fit her criteria, as with the other mesh bodies... She is being selective. I applied myself and have not heard anything. But if I have an inssue, she is very quick to respond inworld. 

I do have one and like I said all bodies gave me their dev Kit de except this one :S :(

Edited by Olympia Hoxley
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

If I was approved for the dev Kit , I already would be making clothes.I got all the mesh kits excepto for Erika, which doesn't seem easy to get . Honestly that won't help spreading the Word and making It popular. 

3 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

I do have one and like I said all bodies gave me their dev Kit de except this one :S :(

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

This ... is going to make the body fall back in popularity. It is wrong to be selective. "This is not the style I want for the body I made, I will control what's made for it" is not ending well.

Do not like it? You bet some of those demoing your body and pondering to buy it, like that style. You simply do not judge the style of your potential buyers. If a body creator start to be the "fashion police" or the "good taste police", it is the death to that body.

What a new body in a saturated market needs, is a long list of creators for it. Many look at the list of creators and say "Nothing to buy for it, I will maybe buy later".

Edited by Marianne Little
typos and added a few words to clarify
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I actually got Erika out of pear shape without much difficulty.

Numbers in an earlier post in the thread. I reached an hourglass. Rather than dial up the top, dial down the bottom. It's the same thing I had to do with Freya years ago - but with slightly different dials and degrees to those dials.

Same here. Indra's shape has lower bodyfat than her previous body, lower "Love handles" and lower leg muscle.  Her shape is more hourglass than pear shaped. You definitely can't get slim hips with it though. 

4 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I have that skirt to, my issue is when my ava walks the legs poke through so its not a "perfect" but If I am standing still with slight leg movements, its great.. but walking and dancing.. it's not the skirt for it.

I made an alpha for it and sent you one.

Edit - I think I may have sent it with the local texture still on it, but the texture is in the box. 

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 1

What sort of "style" preferences does the creator have in the application? I mean, looking at the few currently available options, it rather seems to be "anything modest"...

That said... I played around with the body during the weekend and my conclusion: I can get the same effect that I'm aiming for with my good, ole Maitreya. And get even more!

I'd probably use the body for an alt. If there were clothing options suitable for her style. So now, well, nice try, but thanks, no, thanks. 😒

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

Your store appears to be more makeup based. You do not need the body's mesh developers kit for that. If you are talking about the other dev kit, for skins nails etc, that is on the wall and you can get it yourself.

7 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What sort of "style" preferences does the creator have in the application? I mean, looking at the few currently available options, it rather seems to be "anything modest"...

Pretty sure that people are just speculating on things.  There is not indication of style in the application.

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This ... is going to make the body fall back in popularity. It is wrong to be selective. "This is not the style I want for the body I made, I will control what's made for it" is not ending well.

Being selective is an EXTRERMELY BAD DECISION.

There is too much established competition, and people have no reason to 'wait' for a new body to spend a few years building up a list of merchants. It needs to be ready on day "-1" if not sooner.

There's no advantage gained by it. There is every advantage gained by swamping people with options as fast as possible.

This isn't 2014 anymore.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Your store appears to be more makeup based. You do not need the body's mesh developers kit for that. If you are talking about the other dev kit, for skins nails etc, that is on the wall and you can get it yourself.

I got those already, but the advanced materials kit isn't made yet. 

Anyway, of course I don't have as Many clothes as skins and makeup in my store but It doesn't mean I don't make clothing because I Make customs .

That should be taken into account instead of being so selective for the kit. Again, It won't help the body popularity at all.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you mainly make custom clothing and have very little for sale then it's quite hard to see how her giving you the dev kit is going to help her body get more popular? You come across as someone whose expertise is in skins rather than clothing, who wants to collect as many mesh body dev kits as possible, and is kind of whiny and entitled when refused. Most clothing creators would simply get on with rigging for the bodies they did have kits for, and reapply once they'd built up a portfolio to prove they were legit clothing creators rather than, say, random skin makers planning to make a mesh body of their own.

(Not of course that I think for a moment that's your intention in collecting all the dev kits, I'm just saying how it might look.)

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 4:02 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

That said... I played around with the body during the weekend and my conclusion: I can get the same effect that I'm aiming for with my good, ole Maitreya. And get even more!

I'd probably use the body for an alt. If there were clothing options suitable for her style. So now, well, nice try, but thanks, no, thanks. 😒

Yea, if you can get what you are wanting from Maitreya and are happy with it, it's probably best to stay with what works for you best..That plus the amount of clothes that is out for Maitreya..

A big reason a lot like this body is for what maitreya and other bodies can't do.. Plus the range it has from slim to heavy and keep a more realistic look vs something like Kupra that has the exaggerated feel to it..

Plus it's weight is really nice and lighter than most of the others, So it rezzes to others pretty quick. I get that little popup that say's everyone can see me now, pretty quick.. So that's kinda nice for me.. hehehe

Also with the application, I didn't see anything either that was out of the ordinary.. it looked pretty cut and dry.. Not sure where things started with people saying the creator is getting picky.

• Like 1

It kinda sucks waiting for clothes and things to come out.. But it's kinda fun at the same time.. I get all excited when I see something new for it, just like when the genus head came out..

The thing is I'll probably dump a lot of the things I get later.. Right now it's all about ,The Hunt.. hehehe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It kinda sucks waiting for clothes and things to come out.. But it's kinda fun at the same time.. I get all excited when I see something new for it, just like when the genus head came out..

The thing is I'll probably dump a lot of the things I get later.. Right now it's all about ,The Hunt.. hehehe

There are of course a lot of included clothes with the body and if she had of made a HUD to change colors or textures would go a long way. I personally do not like a flooded market of items as some people do.  A bunch of full perm items choking servers as store owners bloat up the marketplace with theirs and undercutting others in the process...  It is a double edged sword.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

There are of course a lot of included clothes with the body and if she had of made a HUD to change colors or textures would go a long way. I personally do not like a flooded market of items as some people do.  A bunch of full perm items choking servers as store owners bloat up the marketplace with theirs and undercutting others in the process...  It is a double edged sword.

I can't see how it's a problem issue for a user to have more choices.

Ideally everyone who tries the body would also want to be able to use it to meet their personal style preferences. And that by definition means we would want a flood of options.

I would in fact prefer if some of those options are in direct competition. Not just one skirt to use, but a plethora of them for me, you, and others to pick from that have different cuts, colors, etc.

And a pile of 'full perm items' is actually exactly what I want because it means more 'ideas' can get on the field.

I do like that the body came with a LOT of premade outfits - I wish they had all been full perm OR Mod with UV maps included (so other designers could make new textures for them). But just having them is a leg up over other HUMAN body makers. And I say 'human' on purpose because compared to Furry Makers we're still not there - those folks 'often but not always' include the 'dev kit' in the initial purchase for everyone, so that a lot of people jump in.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I can't see how it's a problem issue for a user to have more choices.

Ideally everyone who tries the body would also want to be able to use it to meet their personal style preferences. And that by definition means we would want a flood of options.

I would in fact prefer if some of those options are in direct competition. Not just one skirt to use, but a plethora of them for me, you, and others to pick from that have different cuts, colors, etc.

And a pile of 'full perm items' is actually exactly what I want because it means more 'ideas' can get on the field.

100% agree with this. The more the better. No such thing as too many clothes.

• Like 2

For me the 'gold standard' for how to launch a new body is how Regallia (a BOM Bento Furry Body) did it.

- It came out as copy/mod with a notecard to download the dev kit. Any fool could jump in - and the market very quickly decided who the fools were and who was quality. The third party items out there for it are often top notch in quality and there's a huge amount of them considering the body came out just before the pandemic.

It is of course, a furry body... and even though it has a wholly unique UV map, so every skin for it had to be made specifically for it, there's a lot of them,

This was good for all three sides involved. The end users got a LOT of choices, the merchants were able to make $$$ while it was new and hot, and the body seller sold an absurd number of copies as it very quickly became THE BODY to have for a furry in SL.

- Everyone who wanted to make money did, and everyone who wanted a new body with solid support got it, and by it's first or second month in existence it already had close to the top amount of support AND user adoption for bento-furry bodies, top for BOM-Bento furry.

If you go to all the forums talking about Kupra you won't see me in them making these points. Where I was in I had other points but not these... and that was because I didn't like that body.

I'm all over this one because I like it, and I want it to become my default choice. ;)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea, if you can get what you are wanting from Maitreya and are happy with it, it's probably best to stay with what works for you best..That plus the amount of clothes that is out for Maitreya..

A big reason a lot like this body is for what maitreya and other bodies can't do.. Plus the range it has from slim to heavy and keep a more realistic look vs something like Kupra that has the exaggerated feel to it..

Plus it's weight is really nice and lighter than most of the others, So it rezzes to others pretty quick. I get that little popup that say's everyone can see me now, pretty quick.. So that's kinda nice for me.. hehehe

Also with the application, I didn't see anything either that was out of the ordinary.. it looked pretty cut and dry.. Not sure where things started with people saying the creator is getting picky.

That started because someone said they did not get the kit.

"A steady amount"... 5 items in the past 3 days, according to their FlickR. Now looking at Kupra... err, nope, better not.

And if I wanted to recolour textures for a few premade meshes, I'd go and play Sims without custom content.

KCI as a shoe creator is so lovely to have, but ... gimmecontenttobuygoddammit 🤑😣

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.