Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What does everyone think about this new body? Look promising? I tried the demo and it looks pretty damn good at every size, curvy, chubby and thin, which is more than I can say for a lot of competing bodies. The only thing is, no clothes support yet but it comes with 10 outfits. The head is included but I am not a fan of that. I'll definitely be getting it if designers start supporting it with clothes. Freya is no longer supported by its creator with updates and for me, Kupra is too harsh, this could be a good replacement.

51284982462_196c80217d_b_d.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Oh. I am going to grab a demo for one of my curvier alts,that promo picture looks lovely. 

Kalhene makes beautiful bodies, but clothing support is a big question. Brand has been around for some time. Their previous bodies can wear most of maitreya sized clothing, but I haven't seen brands pick up making Kalhene-specific sizes yet. 

• Like 3

It would be perfect for one of my alts. She will definitely get it, if clothing support picks up.

6 hours ago, Littoralis said:

Kalhene makes beautiful bodies, but clothing support is a big question. Brand has been around for some time. Their previous bodies can wear most of maitreya sized clothing, but I haven't seen brands pick up making Kalhene-specific sizes yet. 

There hasn't really been any need for creators to pick up the original Kalhene body because it works with Maitreya. This may change with Erika because it doesn't already fit anything else. 

It will be random chance whether it does or not; Kupra picked up support quickly so it is possible, if clothing makers are made aware that people want it.

4 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It will be random chance whether it does or not; Kupra picked up support quickly so it is possible, if clothing makers are made aware that people want it

To the credit of Kupra's creators - marketing effort to make it a success was immense. They made sure that very little is left to chance. If I recall correctly they had some sort of agreement with a few popular clothing creators, so at the day of the body release there were a few options to shop already. And then they created Kupra-themed event (Maitreya did the same with petite). 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

They did the belly button wrong. So very very wrong. 

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Thats not a belly button, thats a cave to go spelunking in.. 

Gee, it's too bad that you can't change the texture of your skin uses in Second Life to make your navel shading different.

Oh, wait...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If going by current trends, it's waist can't be small enough, nor can it's butt be shelf and large enough to knock over a skyscraper.. so I wonder how it's going to go. Threw the demo on an alt; does look pretty good imo.

Most sliders seem decently responsive. Cleavage seems to be my one issue, but it's not as jarring as certain other recent curvy bodies, and the breast shape is nice.
Luckily the mesh lady bits can be hidden, which will have to be done if using BOM panties and bra(obviously lol). You also seem to have a constant belly pudge, which is more realistic to chubby anyway.

Also like the skin textured materials over the body by default.
Overall I could totally support this body. I just fear for it with everybody being in to the bimbo look right now. They'd have to throw a lot of money in to the ring to really get it noticed by a mass audience, I think.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of my old favorite body Lena Lush. At the time, if a few quality stores supported a body that was enough for me. (Gawk kept my Lena Lush happily clothed for some time!) Unfortunately my shopping addiction has advanced to the point where a couple creators are probably not enough to keep me interested. I'll grab it for an alt though.

I think a lot of people ended up on Kupra not because they wanted to look "bimbo" but rather because a certain other body felt abandoned and Inithium did a great job of creating an exciting buzz. Not sure if Kahlene can reproduce that and convert a large number of shoppers who,  I think, probably just spent a lot of time and L$ switching to Kupra. I wish them luck! It's been shown time and again there's always the possibility for some brand to rise quickly and grab a significant share of the market.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

From what I see, Maitreya clothing doesn't fit Erika. That's bad. 

No but Analexa does. Erika doesn't fit anything; it's a real shame it wasn't made to fit Freya clothes. My alt would have bought it already if it did.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

What does everyone think about this new body? Look promising? I tried the demo and it looks pretty damn good at every size, curvy, chubby and thin, which is more than I can say for a lot of competing bodies. The only thing is, no clothes support yet but it comes with 10 outfits. The head is included but I am not a fan of that. I'll definitely be getting it if designers start supporting it with clothes. Freya is no longer supported by its creator with updates and for me, Kupra is too harsh, this could be a good replacement.

51284982462_196c80217d_b_d.jpg

I actually bought it!! I love it. It works well with lelutka head but has 2 versions. My BOM skins look good on it… but the skin included is great to. Plus you get like 10 outfits with it! Yes not many creating clothing for it.. but look it’s a great buy… the hud is basic, not really any face animations and the hands only cycle poses. They are bento as I recall so I guess a extra hud you could buy… and the creator has excellent customer service!!! I have been using it for a couple days and it’s a nice body… 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

If going by current trends, it's waist can't be small enough, nor can it's butt be shelf and large enough to knock over a skyscraper.. so I wonder how it's going to go. Threw the demo on an alt; does look pretty good imo.

Most sliders seem decently responsive. Cleavage seems to be my one issue, but it's not as jarring as certain other recent curvy bodies, and the breast shape is nice.
Luckily the mesh lady bits can be hidden, which will have to be done if using BOM panties and bra(obviously lol). You also seem to have a constant belly pudge, which is more realistic to chubby anyway.

Also like the skin textured materials over the body by default.
Overall I could totally support this body. I just fear for it with everybody being in to the bimbo look right now. They'd have to throw a lot of money in to the ring to really get it noticed by a mass audience, I think.

Really sick of this derogatory term you keep using.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

9 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Really sick of this derogatory term you keep using.  

Maybe you could've highlighted it in your quote? there were a good handful of /possibly/ triggering things in there but I didn't see anything jarringly offensive.

• Like 2

If you look closely at the body posted you will see a thin version of the body. You do not have to use the heads that come with. use any you like.  There is also a head and shape for a more Oriental look.

I'm not sure Kalhene uses the word bimbo in their marketing. I love this body too.

• Like 1

I'd say the first 2 words might apply as the look, to me, is overly sexualized.

Bimbo is a slang term for a conventionally attractive, sexualized, naive, and unintelligent woman.

The last 2, you couldn't know by looking at them.  So 1/2 truth?

I don't like curvy, while acknowledging that the brand is doing a good job quality-wise. I like their approach and certainly the support and quality are really good.

My biggest pet peeve is the horribly unrealistic leg to torso proportions. Not just on this brand, but on the lot of them. Male and female. Body makers need to stop making the legs almost 20% taller/longer than they actually are on a well proportioned human, and get the belly button, hips, crotch, and knees in the right places.

All I see (as an artist) is a student handing me that in a figure drawing class and me failing them for getting it so wrong. Lower those hips and waist, people!

Sigh, I know this only bugs me. :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I don't like curvy, while acknowledging that the brand is doing a good job quality-wise. I like their approach and certainly the support and quality are really good.

horribly unrealistic leg to torso proportions.

I think you can adjust those proportions in appearance..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

My biggest pet peeve is the horribly unrealistic leg to torso proportions. Not just on this brand, but on the lot of them. Male and female. Body makers need to stop making the legs almost 20% taller/longer than they actually are on a well proportioned human, and get the belly button, hips, crotch, and knees in the right places.

All I see (as an artist) is a student handing me that in a figure drawing class and me failing them for getting it so wrong. Lower those hips and waist, people!

Someone once told me that I was famous in Bellisseria for my "lovely long legs".  I know it's not realistic but I like it. In any case, my avatar is meant to be an elf, not a human. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 😛

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I actually bought it!! I love it. It works well with lelutka head but has 2 versions. My BOM skins look good on it… but the skin included is great to. Plus you get like 10 outfits with it! Yes not many creating clothing for it.. but look it’s a great buy… the hud is basic, not really any face animations and the hands only cycle poses. They are bento as I recall so I guess a extra hud you could buy… and the creator has excellent customer service!!! I have been using it for a couple days and it’s a nice body… 

I can vouch for the customer service, they are excellent. I had an issue with the original body shortly after it was released, and one of their CSRs spent about 2 hours with me trying to resolve it. 

My two main wishes for it are an updated neck fix for new heads (they have one for Lelutka EVO but it doesn't fit Catwa HDPro well), and either tintable nipples or more colour options for them.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.