Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Lokiande said:

the 1.5 update for ERIKA just dropped and apparently IT'S MODIFIABLE NOW

From the sound of it both the body as well as the heads are modify

Kalhene ERIKA Update v1.5

- Now ERIKA Mesh Body and heads (included in the Package) are MODIFY!

- Added Long Toenails Add-on (works with the Main HUD from the body)

You should receive your update inworld (sent by the server) but you can use also the redelivery at the Mainstore or Marketplace

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/61/107/535

Kalhene Developers-Releases Flickr group: www.flickr.com/groups/14800916@N23/pool/

Edited by Ceka Cianci

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

From the sound of it both the body as well as the heads are modify

Kalhene ERIKA Update v1.5

- Now ERIKA Mesh Body and heads (included in the Package) are MODIFY!

- Added Long Toenails Add-on (works with the Main HUD from the body)

You should receive your update inworld (sent by the server) but you can use also the redelivery at the Mainstore or Marketplace

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/61/107/535

Kalhene Developers-Releases Flickr group: www.flickr.com/groups/14800916@N23/pool/

Cool. Is body advanced material kit at the store now too or not yet?. I'd like to make wet materials for Erika.

Edited by Olympia Hoxley

21 minutes ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

Cool. Is body advanced material kit at the store now too or not yet?. I'd like to make wet materials for Erika.

I haven't been to the store this week.. I just seen the update information on their flicker right after I logged in and seen they sent me 1.5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lokiande said:

the 1.5 update for ERIKA just dropped and apparently IT'S MODIFIABLE NOW

So the gauntlet has been dropped and Erika is rising to the challenge. Given that Erika is doing so many things right, I do hope they gain ground in this one.

Came out of the box Mod, set up for BOM, and in Mask mode.

Erika_v1.5.thumb.PNG.71c163a17875ca23ef48565b3c0ae10c.PNG

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

Here I have unlinked it, not to break it up and 'do stuff' just yet... but to show that it's only 4 linked pieces of mesh.

This is why this body is so low in lag. And I need to correct myself - as this is the case, this is lower lag than Belleza was even after I fixed Belleza.

Erika's lag is "probably" on par with the best made of furry bodies. As in - way down there.

Unlinked_Only4Objects_forLowLag.thumb.PNG.59d961646629621e207a15f135165eb7.PNG

I say "probably" because I lack the tools to get specific proof. But by all the metrics we tend to use to guess these things, it's winning.

Random thought:

For years I've wanted to have my Sci-Fi alt have glowing 'robot skin' - which to do right means setting the skin to 'emissive mask', which I was able to do in seconds as the body is Mod.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Why do I need a modifiable mesh body?   

You really should be asking why you would ever tolerate anything not being moddable.

But by being moddable, you can change any specific aspect you desire to change on your own. Or get modkits that change things for you. Make modkits, etc.

Issues can be fixed, changes can be made, your have control over your own uniqueness.

Above I noted one example - making the texture emissive mask which will let me add 'glow lines' for a Sci Fi Cyborg look. Other examples would be linking in new parts, putting things like my AO right into the body, removing parts I'm not using, and so on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

You really should be asking why you would ever tolerate anything not being moddable.

But by being moddable, you can change any specific aspect you desire to change on your own. Or get modkits that change things for you. Make modkits, etc.

Issues can be fixed, changes can be made, your have control over your own uniqueness.

Above I noted one example - making the texture emissive mask which will let me add 'glow lines' for a Sci Fi Cyborg look. Other examples would be linking in new parts, putting things like my AO right into the body, removing parts I'm not using, and so on.

I was not aware other mesh bodies, or the big names were mod. In that vein the dev kits should be freely available as well. Freely meaning given out upon request with no limitations.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Why do I need a modifiable mesh body?   

Need... An answer really depends on you. If you haven't realized a 'need' to modify your avatar beyond what you can with the body's HUD and SL system controls then you probably don't "need" a Mod-OK body.

If you build, you understand how SL Prims work. Imagine not having any of the SL prim editing tools and having to depend on third party products. Those people that are SL building proficient find No-Mod anything in SL as overly restrictive. I suspect most of those people see a personal "need" to have a Mod-OK body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I was not aware other mesh bodies, or the big names were mod. In that vein the dev kits should be freely available as well. Freely meaning given out upon request with no limitations.

Other than Belleza, and EVERY FURRY BODY IN EXISTENCE, they aren't.

In the Human Body market people have been tolerating being abused for years... Belleza V6 changed that, and Erika quickly joined in but better done.

If you read the Belleza v6 thread - you'll see the need for Mod was massive there because basic V6 came out with all the bad stuff still attached to the body. Erika doesn't need Mod to be fixed, it will need mod to be expanded upon in ways new creators will show us over time.

In the Furry community, since the first body customization came out in 2003, the tradition has always been to let the customer actually use the product. ;)

Solidly agree with you by the way, on the dev kits. That stuff needs to get tossed around like a free sample from your local dealer. ;) Get everyone hooked.

TMP did that when they closed up to vanish from the grid (at the time we didn't know they were retooling to return as Legacy). At a month long event there was a box you could just click to get the whole TMP Dev kit.

And back to Furries, with furry bodies the dev kit is often given out in a notecard that comes with the purchase of the body - no questions asked, every homie gets a chance to play; some of them become great new creators and others... get clicked past.

One thing about the furry community and embracing Mod, is it means all the 'kewl new ideas' always start over there, and then people on Human avatars "sometimes" get them years later. Erika could help this flip - because more people use Human bodies.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nikita Neuman said:

Can anyone tell me if that Body from Marketplace:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ANYA-BENTO-fitted-mesh-bodyHead/19973384

Is THIS THAT BODY on the Photo i added?

Please help me out, cause the LM from ERIKA BODY says:  YOU GOT NO ACCESS!

Tysm

ERIKA MESH BODY.jpg

No, it is not the Erika body.

Why you got that message? No idea. Maybe the region is down with maintenance. Maybe the owner has closed to redecorate the store.

But I notice that the Kalhene Erika and its demo is gone from the Marketplace. Maybe somebody has heard if the creator is hit with a DMCA.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

No, it is not the Erika body.

Why you got that message? No idea. Maybe the region is down with maintenance. Maybe the owner has closed to redecorate the store.

But I notice that the Kalhene Erika and its demo is gone from the Marketplace. Maybe somebody has heard if the creator is hit with a DMCA.

They're still there:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-Kalhene-ERIKA-Mesh-Body-Head-BoM-v15/22216819

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ERIKA-Mesh-Body-Head-BoM-v15/22216818

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing them until I remembered to set the maturity rating to General, Moderate, (and) Adult.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrophySpouse said:

They're still there:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-Kalhene-ERIKA-Mesh-Body-Head-BoM-v15/22216819

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ERIKA-Mesh-Body-Head-BoM-v15/22216818

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing them until I remembered to set the maturity rating to General, Moderate, (and) Adult.

Ah, TY. It has been so many DMCA filed against mesh bodies and heads, I am getting paranoid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kalhene ERIKA 2.0

-Kalhene- ERIKA 2.0_005.jpg

-Added Belly and Butt shape Deformers (Via HUD) - get flatter belly and bigger/bubble butt!

-Feet are now fitted (you change feet size by shape sliders). IMPORTANT: if you wear shoes that are designed for previous versions and the feet don't fit properly please make you sure to set your foot size slider to 25 (in shape editor), then the feet will be the same size as they were before and older footwear will fit

-Improved shoulders 

-Added Pointy Feet

-Added new pubic hairs

-Added two new ***** size and Play Set size (for transgender avatar)

-Added Cel Shading body and head effect (add-on)

-Added Extra Outfit ( Acrona Mini Body Suit)

-Added Butt physics. Please use the butt physics only with clothing that are ready for this feature. 

-Body HUD and Head HUD are now separate

-ERIKA Mesh Body and heads are MODIFY
(Please keep the original ERIKA Mesh Body BOX in case that you need to get the original body from new folder, you can also use the redelivery)

IMPORTANT:

*You will find two ERIKA Mesh Bodies in the folder:

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM v2.0

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.0

*And two HUD's:

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Main HUD] v2.0 (works with both bodies and includes all Main options)

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.0 (If you need to use the Alpha Cuts HUD wear the body named as "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.0")

Please note that "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM" is made to be used only with system alpha layers and uses lower script memory, it will not work with "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts HUD]" 

You can wear ALPHA LAYERS on BOM Mesh bodies if you need it.

Edited by colleen Criss
to add text
  • Like 6

There is another update,

ERIKA Update v2.1  (October 2021)

-Fixed Issue on Medium Feet

ERIKA Update v2.0  (September 2021)

-Added Belly and Butt shape Deformers (Via HUD) - get flatter belly and bigger/bubble butt!

-Feet are now fitted (you change feet size by shape sliders). IMPORTANT: if you wear shoes that are designed for previous versions and the feet don't fit properly please make you sure to set your foot size slider to 25 (in shape editor), then the feet will be the same size as they were before and older footwear will fit

-Improved shoulders

-Added Pointy Feet

-Added new pubic hairs

-Added Butt physics. Please use the butt physics only with clothing that are ready for this feature.

(Please keep the original ERIKA Mesh Body BOX in case that you need to get the original body from new folder, you can also use the redelivery)

__________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT:

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM v2.1

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.1

*And two HUD's:

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Main HUD] v2.1 (works with both bodies and includes all Main options)

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.1 (If you need to use the Alpha Cuts HUD wear the body named as "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.1")

Please note that "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM" is made to be used only with system alpha layers and uses lower script memory, it will not work with "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts HUD]"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kalhene ERIKA

Natural, realistic & super versatile Mesh Body!

BENTO Fitted Mesh Body (Includes 3 BENTO Mesh Heads and female/transgender HD genitals)

BOM Only (Bakes on Mesh) enabled viewer required
(please check that you are not wearing any alpha layer before wear the mesh body and head)

Mesh Body & Head can be worn separately and will fit other mesh bodies and heads from the most popular brands- Genus, Lelutka, Catwa (you can find Neck Fix wearable via HUD)

Includes modifiable shapes
You can modify the avatar with the sliders in appearance mode, you can create your own shape.
Body & head compatible with system Alpha Layers

MORE OPTIONS:

-Erika fitted mesh body BoM & Alpha Cuts HUD
-3 optional Mesh Heads (with HUD and Facial expressions)
-ERIKA skin, 5 tones (BOM)
-8 realistic eyes (BOM)
-Breast & butt Deformer animations via HUD
-Mesh HD Genitals (*****), Lips & Nipples appliers (colorable via HUD)
-***** add-on: 3 sizes and 9 state/postions via HUD (for transgender avatar)
-***** tattoo layers, modify and TINTABLE to match any skin
-Erotic Play Set- Wearable sex toys and accessories fitted for Erika Mesh Body
-4 Feet heights (flat, medium, high and pointy). Change feet shape via HUD
-5 Nail shapes Via HUD
-32 Nail polish (French & Faded) via HUD
-8 options of realistic pubic hair in 3 hair tones (removable)
-Optional shiny skin, 2 options with adjustable intensity : Gloss & Oiled (MATERIALS)
-Cellulitis, stretch marks and veins tattoo layers in 3 opacities, modify (tintable).
-Support Alpha Layers
-ERIKA Long Toenails ADD ON
(Long toenails will fit the 4 foot shapes and colors from the Main HUD "Feet" tab)
* If you wear the Long toenails and they do not fit on your feet please change the feet shape on the main HUD to make a reset and then they will fit any feet shape from the HUD

It also INCLUDES:

-Basic mesh hair
12 complete Outfits fitted for ERIKA Mesh Body: underwear, stockings, dresses, jeans, skirts, shirts, leggings, rings, glasses, footwear (sneakers, heels, boots), Bikini, c-string cover and more! (some clothes are colorable)

*About CHUBBY look: it's recommended to wear chubby body skins (most skin designers offer them) with some tattoo layers such as cellulite, stretch marks, etc...to get a more realistic look.

For support don't hesistate to contact Claudia Urdaneta or Heidi Chardin inworld.

*Looking for clothes & accessories for ERIKA Mesh Body? Please check this link:  https://www.flickr.com/groups/14800916@N23/

*Interested in making clothes/accessories for ERIKA Mesh Body? apply here: https://tinyurl.com/y9hnx377

-Kalhene Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/189091901@N08/

-Kalhene Flickr group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/14732071@N21/

-Kalhene Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/claudia.urdaneta.sl

-Inworld store:

􀀀

KALHENE ©2021. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

• Like 3

Aw shucks... just updated to 1.5 lol... I'm reworking my alt that uses Erika... not too many outfits yet so I'll have to update her body ASAP. She has checked out the new location... loves it.  Hopefully someone can create business/work outfits for Erika, I'd love to see that. I'm sure she'd be an excellent CEO LOL 

Now I need more java... later. :)

• Like 1

Well, looks like there is another update.. hehehe

This one is 2.2

ERIKA Update v2.2  (October 2021)

-Improved Shoulders

-Improved Breast Deformers

-Added 2 Nipples Sizes

-Added Outfit 13

-Fixed Issue on Medium Feet

ERIKA Update v2.0  (September 2021)

-Improved shoulders

-Added Pointy Feet

-Added new pubic hairs

__________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT:

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM v2.1

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.1

*And two HUD's:

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Main HUD] v2.1 (works with both bodies and includes all Main options)

-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.1 (If you need to use the Alpha Cuts HUD wear the body named as "ERIKA Mesh Body BoM [Alpha Cuts] v2.1")

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kalhene ERIKA

Natural, realistic & super versatile Mesh Body!

BENTO Fitted Mesh Body (Includes 3 BENTO Mesh Heads and female/transgender HD genitals)

BOM Only (Bakes on Mesh) enabled viewer required
(please check that you are not wearing any alpha layer before wear the mesh body and head)

Mesh Body & Head can be worn separately and will fit other mesh bodies and heads from the most popular brands- Genus, Lelutka, Catwa (you can find Neck Fix wearable via HUD)

Includes modifiable shapes
You can modify the avatar with the sliders in appearance mode, you can create your own shape.
Body & head compatible with system Alpha Layers

MORE OPTIONS:

-Erika fitted mesh body BoM & Alpha Cuts HUD
-3 optional Mesh Heads (with HUD and Facial expressions)
-ERIKA skin, 5 tones (BOM)
-8 realistic eyes (BOM)
-Breast & butt Deformer animations via HUD
-Mesh HD Genitals (*****), Lips & Nipples appliers (colorable via HUD)
-***** add-on: 3 sizes and 9 state/postions via HUD (for transgender avatar)
-***** tattoo layers, modify and TINTABLE to match any skin
-Erotic Play Set- Wearable sex toys and accessories fitted for Erika Mesh Body
-4 Feet heights (flat, medium, high and pointy). Change feet shape via HUD
-5 Nail shapes Via HUD
-32 Nail polish (French & Faded) via HUD
-8 options of realistic pubic hair in 3 hair tones (removable)
-Optional shiny skin, 2 options with adjustable intensity : Gloss & Oiled (MATERIALS)
-Cellulitis, stretch marks and veins tattoo layers in 3 opacities, modify (tintable).
-Support Alpha Layers
-ERIKA Long Toenails ADD ON
(Long toenails will fit the 4 foot shapes and colors from the Main HUD "Feet" tab)
* If you wear the Long toenails and they do not fit on your feet please change the feet shape on the main HUD to make a reset and then they will fit any feet shape from the HUD

It also INCLUDES:

-Basic mesh hair
12 complete Outfits fitted for ERIKA Mesh Body: underwear, stockings, dresses, jeans, skirts, shirts, leggings, rings, glasses, footwear (sneakers, heels, boots), Bikini, c-string cover and more! (some clothes are colorable)

*About CHUBBY look: it's recommended to wear chubby body skins (most skin designers offer them) with some tattoo layers such as cellulite, stretch marks, etc...to get a more realistic look.

For support don't hesistate to contact Claudia Urdaneta or Heidi Chardin inworld.

*Looking for clothes & accessories for ERIKA Mesh Body? Please check this link:  https://www.flickr.com/groups/14800916@N23/

*Interested in making clothes/accessories for ERIKA Mesh Body? apply here: https://tinyurl.com/y9hnx377

-Kalhene Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/189091901@N08/

-Kalhene Flickr group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/14732071@N21/

-Kalhene Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/claudia.urdaneta.sl

-Inworld store:

􀀀

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 1:11 AM, Marianne Little said:

I hope it will succeed because Belleza has not updated in years and their Freya has too high amount of vertices and triangles. Plus they have not got the improved neck.

About a month after you wrote that Belleza finally updated :) with the new neck standard, bom, and I think even a lower vert/triangle count (not sure).

50 minutes ago, Thern Lorefield said:

About a month after you wrote that Belleza finally updated :) with the new neck standard, bom, and I think even a lower vert/triangle count (not sure).

I know, it was made a thread about Belleza immediately after the update. It took Belleza a long time. You can read the thread about Belleza's update to learn more about the vert/triangle count.

I think the update for Belleza slowed down Erika's possible popularity. It could not have come at a worse time for Erika. It was not made enough content for it, and Belleza is a big name. It is released surveys of what mesh body people wear a few times every year. Seraphim had it and some creators had a survey too. Next time we will see how well Erika has made it. Or if it hit the ground with a flop.

• Like 2

I keep ending up back at my Maitreya.. I keep buying bodies but keep ending up back at home.. hehehe

Erika is a nice body, but not really much HQ clothes support.. That whole application thing I think is what really hurt them..

Belleza, the hips just don't work for me.. They feel too much like a ledge..

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Thern Lorefield said:

Jenna Huntsman's body optimizer mod for Belleza lowers the triangle count further. The only downside I've noticed to that is you end up losing the onion layers that allow the auto alpha scripts (?) to stop working as far as I can tell. Not all outfits have the auto alpha scripts though. 

As far as Erika and clothing support... ya that sucks big time. I really liked the curvy flow of the body... ended up using Freya for my alt that was running on Erika as I can get more clothes to wear for her (including decent freebies... working on a budget here LOL). I also have the Lucybody Atenea for her as well... *sigh* 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.