Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

51 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I know that feeling! Just having bought something, and then comes another that I like even better! 😓

What's the price now? Is it a promo offer that ends a fixed date?

It's L$2,595. I believe there was a promo on it when it first came out but this should be the regular price now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

It's L$2,595. I believe there was a promo on it when it first came out but this should be the regular price now.

That's not a high price compared to Legacy. And isn't Kupra 4000 now?

This is a very realistic body, I think. Kupra is best to exaggerate the look instead? Just my opinion.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Agree with all but with a caveat where I bolded.

You can get skinny, but you can't get slim. What I specifically mean by that, is the hips can not be made narrow enough to match the slender rest of the body. My desired look is small breasts, narrow waist, and narrow hips with only a slight curve in the tush. I love the efforts going into this brand and the great quality of work in unquestionable, and agree it will take off, but when looking straight on at the hips I can't make them narrow enough to match the proportions I want. The internal pelvic bones are pushing the hips out too much, at least the last time I tried the demo.

That Vis Tri count does rock!

I just really like that there is such a big range with what you can do with this body and it still look good.. where you can only do so much with the others as far as sizes go..

I can't really say all other bodies, because I haven't tried all of them .. but it does seem to have a bigger range than a lot of the more popular ones..

I'm just excited and can't wait to see what comes next.. hehehe

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

That's not a high price compared to Legacy. And isn't Kupra 4000 now?

This is a very realistic body, I think. Kupra is best to exaggerate the look instead? Just my opinion.

For what all comes with it, it's a nice price , I think..

I haven't messed with the heads yet that come with it.. I may toy with them today.. plus there are the privy bits too.. hehehe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I know that feeling! Just having bought something, and then comes another that I like even better! 😓

What's the price now? Is it a promo offer that ends a fixed date?

Do not think it is a promo.. but about 2500 l if I remember

Edited by Tarina Sewell
Ops sorry I see it was answered before my post.. I just checked in with my wifi

I have to say, I tried the demo and if creators get behind this as quickly as they did with Kupra, I'm sold.  The range of sizes that it accommodates is impressive.

ETA.   What the heck, I'll grab it anyway and hope for the best.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5

On 7/21/2021 at 8:44 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

What does everyone think about this new body?

51284982462_196c80217d_b_d.jpg

Too pear shaped for me.

Will see if I can fix that with a demo.

And of course will have to examine their scripts and polygon count...

53,383 vertices, 97,368 triangles

- I may have to buy this on that basis alone.

Maitreya is 101,382 vertices and 176,369 triangles.

So this body is roughly half as laggy as Maitreya. And the breasts can go decently large. If I can manage to get an hourglass curvy look out of it, I will go for it - and as I type this I am "almost" there, but the demo has no clothing so I can't post my results here...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have to say, I tried the demo and if creators get behind this as quickly as they did with Kupra, I'm sold.  The range of sizes that it accommodates is impressive.

That's what I did.

• Like 1

What's the primary difference between this body and the creator's other new body, Analexa?

- any theories on which is more likely to get third party support?

(Ok, they look radically different - so this should be seen as more of a question of which would be smarter to buy for the third party support...)

47 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since I'm always nude it's not a bad choice even if nobody supports it...

BUT, I would still like to be able to wear jewelry, piercings, harnesses, boots/shoes, and "stuff".

Still, I was surprised to find that my "Maitreya specific" BOM skin seems to fit without seams.

I do need more support for the intimate anatomy... it's a rare body in that it comes with that built in, but I need animation support... The big problem with slink male was that it came with this built in but was fixed - no animation or sizing ability. This appears to be bento for both male and female, so hopefully it's "useable" as well.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:18 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I have a good feeling about this body gaining traction.. I think this is a great opportunity for newer content creators to also gain some traction, because these are the times when people are looking hardest for them, when such a nice body comes out..

I just really have a good feeling about this one..

Visually this looks like it's meeting the same need Kupra was - but without looking like a parody of a human body. As in I can make 'normal' shapes with this.

And given how extremely low lag it is, it almost looks like it was made by a furry maker - and for this alone I want this body to succeed.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What's the primary difference between this body and the creator's other new body, Analexa?

- any theories on which is more likely to get third party support?

(Ok, they look radically different - so this should be seen as more of a question of which would be smarter to buy for the third party support...)

Analexa fits most Maitreya clothes (although apparently they can be a bit loose around the waist). I would go demo Analexa and see if you like it, and how it works with Maitreya clothing for you. However, the body does have breast implant options that would require specific clothing support to use. I honestly can't see many designers picking that up, similar to how not many designers support all the different breast options for Freya and Kupra.

• Thanks 2

I was thinking about you, @Pussycat Catnap"Oh, she will like this body because it is so low in vertices and triangles".😃

And I know you don't like Maitreya breasts, the only other (human) body that's reasonably low lag.

I am sure this body need special rigged piercings and harnesses.

I hope it will succeed because Belleza has not updated in years and their Freya has too high amount of vertices and triangles. Plus they have not got the improved neck.

I was hoping this could replace Freya as a curvy body for those who find Kupra unrealistic. Even if my avatar is skinny and don't need this, I welcome another well made body because we need more diversity.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a word
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I was thinking about you, @Pussycat Catnap"Oh, she will like this body because it is so low in vertices and triangles".😃

And I know you don't like Maitreya breasts, the only other (human) body that's reasonably low lag.

I am sure this body need special rigged piercings and harnesses.

I hope it will succeed because Belleza has not updated in years and their Freya has too high amount of vertices and triangles. Plus they have not got the improved neck.

I was hoping this could replace Freya as a curvy body for those who find Kupra unrealistic. Even if my avatar is skinny and don't need this, I welcome another well made body because we need more diversity.

It does have a few concerns but seems to be going in the right direction.

There's a misalignment between the upper torso and lower body UV maps that causes you to see a seam in your hip on the front left if you have detail or a dark enough skin there. It has a slightly different UV Map from Maitreya (this might be that Maitreya's UV maps is slightly out of alignment from the system UV Map - not sure), so what 'mesh body skins' are the best fit for it I don't know as yet.

The 'HD anatomy' doesn't have options to change the skin tone so doesn't match if you're skin isn't pale.

- and because this anatomy is build in and 'opens' based on leg position, I'm not sure if it is 'ready for use' for 'adult animations'. Would have to test that... ;)

- but these are all 'early release' style issues.

I couldn't get some parts of the body to be exactly as thin as I wanted, but other parts were much better than I could have hoped - so I could see this one growing on me.

It's also very low script, so that was another nice discovery. I hope it stays that way - the more that HUD gets advanced the more they might want to slap on random scripts and 'HD junk' that just messes up all the nice aspects like what happened with Catwa and Lelutka heads...

This body is definitely on my 'watch list' and I got it for an alt already. Thankfully my one alt with very pale skin so the seam at the hip is not so easy to spot.

I demo'd the brand's other mesh body - that is a skinny body more like Maitreya / Legacy / etc:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ANALEXA-BENTO-fitted-mesh-bodyHead-v41/19973384

- and that body is also super low lag and has the right design philosophy. Sadly the market on skinny bodies is crowded and takes some luck for a new body to break in like Legacy did - because this body is probably the absolute best made 'skinny body' out there but unless people start promoting it, it will go nowhere.

Here you can see the seam along the upper waist, and how the Belly Button's mesh is above where skins that follow the UV map place it:
b752ed22622a9530b0dd314dad2ffd37.png

• Like 1

Managed this shape thus far:

dc1f6673f2d14d4c963e16279c1e962f.png5c26e770e4e2486976440117f756bee3.png

fc8824b033eaea6b688aad5421bff02d.png

Height: 9

Body Thick: 0

Fat: 0

Torso Muscle: 39

Neck Thick: 38

Neck Length: 28

Shoulders: 18

Breast Size: 100

Buoyancy: 15

B. Cleavage: 3

Arm Length: 100

Hand Size: 13

Torso Length: 65

Love Handles: 0

Belly Size: 0

Leg Muscle: 46

Leg Length: 70

Hip Width: 32

Hip Length: 31

Butt Size: 21

Saddle Bags: 31

Knee Angle: 55

Foot Size: 26 (has no impact)

- Bolded the sliders that seemed most important for dialing to a 'closer to normal' body shape.

The torso lacks a curve - from the top of the waist on up is a mostly straight line. By contrast in Belleza Freya this is a slightly inward curve. In Erika this 'straight line' is as 'concave' as it can go, anything up from here on 'Love Handles' starts to add an outward curve.

• Like 4

When I do this with a 'pre mesh era' skin - one I used to wear 10 years ago, I see that the belly button on this mesh is NOT in the wrong spot. Rather skins from BOTH Maitreya AND Belleza are in the wrong spot.

Here is a skin from 10 years ago:

acdc1ba9c08cbce7bd3809b6f703bba5.png

The belly button is in the right place. The seam around the waist is still there but on this lower rez skin it's harder to see - yet you can see it if you know where to look. On modern skins that are 1024x1024 textures it's one of those "once you see it you cannot unsee it" things.

- If you cannot see the seam in the image above, zoom it out. The forums make the image a little smaller and so it's harder to see. In this particular OLD skin the skin was just a random noise pattern over brown - so the seam is harder to spot, but it is there.

In other skins that are higher resolution or where there is 'art' in the transition between upper and lower torso you get a clear 'cut line' where they meet.

If you STILL can't spot it, it's just above where I put a line here:

21c9c03737e107fc8a708df218bf8d75.png

I do not mean to be crude or anything, but I have actually found an issue I wish she would address in the design. The *****, when you wear BOM clothing results in well..... also the nipple issue... Something like Maitreya uses to fix the bust/nipple/belly and stocking feet...

talk about camel toe

Edited by Tarina Sewell
Seriously, ***** is astricked out?!?!? V A G I N A the elastic, muscular part of the female genital tract
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It does have a few concerns but seems to be going in the right direction.

There's a misalignment between the upper torso and lower body UV maps that causes you to see a seam in your hip on the front left if you have detail or a dark enough skin there. It has a slightly different UV Map from Maitreya (this might be that Maitreya's UV maps is slightly out of alignment from the system UV Map - not sure), so what 'mesh body skins' are the best fit for it I don't know as yet.

The 'HD anatomy' doesn't have options to change the skin tone so doesn't match if you're skin isn't pale.

- and because this anatomy is build in and 'opens' based on leg position, I'm not sure if it is 'ready for use' for 'adult animations'. Would have to test that... ;)

- but these are all 'early release' style issues.

I couldn't get some parts of the body to be exactly as thin as I wanted, but other parts were much better than I could have hoped - so I could see this one growing on me.

It's also very low script, so that was another nice discovery. I hope it stays that way - the more that HUD gets advanced the more they might want to slap on random scripts and 'HD junk' that just messes up all the nice aspects like what happened with Catwa and Lelutka heads...

This body is definitely on my 'watch list' and I got it for an alt already. Thankfully my one alt with very pale skin so the seam at the hip is not so easy to spot.

I demo'd the brand's other mesh body - that is a skinny body more like Maitreya / Legacy / etc:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kalhene-ANALEXA-BENTO-fitted-mesh-bodyHead-v41/19973384

- and that body is also super low lag and has the right design philosophy. Sadly the market on skinny bodies is crowded and takes some luck for a new body to break in like Legacy did - because this body is probably the absolute best made 'skinny body' out there but unless people start promoting it, it will go nowhere.

Here you can see the seam along the upper waist, and how the Belly Button's mesh is above where skins that follow the UV map place it:
b752ed22622a9530b0dd314dad2ffd37.png

I did a check on mine, and I do not see that line.. What skin is this?

Went around trying out skins made for different other mesh bodies and so far, skins made for Kupra seem to fit best - there's still a deformation on the foot, but it's on the bottom of the foot.

Skins made for Belleza and Maitreya will have the belly button off vertically, one nipple off, and painting on the top of the toes. Skins made for Legacy and Slink will have painting on the top of the toes.

So far no one seems to be making skin specifically for this body - that I have found yet.

Hopefully this list will grow soon, and I can make more use of this body beyond an alt that usually just stands around in a skybox now that it's no longer holding a linden home for me:
a872048468f6d492cd4fef82b4aa3590.jpg

- Those first 4 applier kits are free and need no application. That the 5th one does need an application is going to slow things down...

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Went around trying out skins made for different other mesh bodies and so far, skins made for Kupra seem to fit best - there's still a deformation on the foot, but it's on the bottom of the foot.

Oh hells yes, I can keep my favorite skin then as the body is made for Kupra. Kalhene here I come!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Oh hells yes, I can keep my favorite skin then as the body is made for Kupra. Kalhene here I come!

I tested with demos of skins made for Kupra. So make sure to test your skin on a demo of the body before being sure of whether or not I was right.

Places to look very closely would be around the right nipple, the belly button (view from the side to see if your skin is painted in the same place as the indentation), the toes, around the bottom of the foot where the top and bottom meet, the neck to head connection, and on the upper left front hit where the top and bottom skin textures meet.

- These seem to be the common places to find an issue.

If you're really unlucky, some skins paint the lower female anatomy super high up, and it will show above the model's actual anatomy. This problem is more common in older skins though. Since the era of mesh even the skin makers who have no idea where a woman's parts are, have managed to mostly find them... ;)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Well, the only issue I have with it is the neck seam. I just can not get past it right now.

I'm interested to know if anyone has resolved this. Is there a fix for the neck seam with heads other than the one it comes with? I tried the neck fixer in the HUD with poor results.

Overall, I bought it anyway for the versatility it offers. The included skins aren't bad, and the head is actually pretty if that's the look you go for. Planning on toying with it when I have a few minutes to spare. My main complaint is those super pouty lips; which is a bit ironic, because the head I used has relatively large lips.

I also really like their slimmer body, but I suspect that one has too much competition to see any real success. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.