Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hmm... *wonders if she should gift her transgender alt* *arrrr... it does look great*

(OK, I'll go check it out on her behalf like now, bye... oh NVM I'll tell her first, I'll give her the L$ if she wants it 😏)

Edited by JeromFranzic
  • Confused 1

The hud has good performance but the HD nipples aren't very friendly to furry/alien/goblin/whatever avatars due to the weird shading they add around the nipples and that there aren't colors like red,green,purple and the matrieya body has white hd nipples that you can tint on the hud.

I think a neckfix for the happy paw heads would also make this more friendly to furry avatars so you don't have to use the low rez neck fix that comes with those heads.

But the demo was enjoyable to play with, the avatars i tried it on looked good with it, and the fact that it comes with a free head and built in lower body organs makes it a good body for those looking to play on a budget.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chesse Vyceratops said:

The hud has good performance but the HD nipples aren't very friendly to furry/alien/goblin/whatever avatars due to the weird shading they add around the nipples and that there aren't colors like red,green,purple and the matrieya body has white hd nipples that you can tint on the hud.

I think a neckfix for the happy paw heads would also make this more friendly to furry avatars so you don't have to use the low rez neck fix that comes with those heads.

But the demo was enjoyable to play with, the avatars i tried it on looked good with it, and the fact that it comes with a free head and built in lower body organs makes it a good body for those looking to play on a budget.

The body organs actually are an issue with bom clothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chesse Vyceratops said:

The availability of the body organs is what I felt made it appealing to buy KE for one of my alts! Hopefully the clothing support will ramp up soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

No, apparently not. It fits older heads (like Catwa Freya and Catya) much better than the new generation of heads.

I suspect the maker of ERIKA might not have 'access privileges' to the specs of the new neck system. Perhaps that is a system that is privately shared around between a couple of brands.

It might be a good idea for people to send the maker of ERIKA and / or the maker of heads like Lelutka and Catwa some notecards asking about these topics. As in, ask Catwa and Lelutka if they support ERIKA, as a way to get the ball rolling here. ;)

I know the CSR of at least one of these brands is active in this forum - who was that again?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

"Not privileged" might be a little far-fetched with a "we happily share the files, just e-mail us" attitude: 

SEAMLESS NECK FILES MADE AVAILABLE!

They've informed me they've got this info now.

Eagerly awaiting the next round of updates to the body.

• Like 4

Hi, I do like the body but the material appliers kit isn't done yet and It seems it's not easy to get the dev Kit to make clothes for It . I can't understand that because the less access they give to the creators the harder It Will be to find clothing for It and It Will affects the sales. So yeah, a bit stupid strategy.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Olympia Hoxley said:

Hi, I do like the body but the material appliers kit isn't done yet and It seems it's not easy to get the dev Kit to make clothes for It . I can't understand that because the less access they give to the creators the harder It Will be to find clothing for It and It Will affects the sales. So yeah, a bit stupid strategy.

One of the things I like about a lot of Furry mesh bodies is the 'dev kit' for making new clothes and mods to the body is often just flat out included in the purchase of the body.

So I, even as just a regular customer, have the full dev kit to several furry bodies. They just came with the body.

As a result, many of these bodies launch, and within a week there's a few hundred items out there for sale for them. And a lot of it ends up being quite good - because right out of the gate everyone who wants it has the exact right numbers. There is no period of "unofficial support" with people guessing and making parts that clip - it just works on day one.

Plus the furry bodies are always copy/mod - so kits often come with the assumption that you will edit your base body and 'remove that piece and link this new piece in instead' or other things - so stuff just works even more.

I will never understand why makers of bodies for humans don't do these things.

If you want your new body to spike up in popularity right away - you need to make it super easy for people to support it.

• Like 6

Another update for Erika:)

Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body Update v1.4!

ERIKA Update v1.4 (August 2021)

- Improved NECK FIX. No seam visible

In the previous updates and in some SL WindLights a seam on the neck was slightly visible. This has been fixed.

*Make sure to select the Neck Fix on the Main HUD for your Mesh Head

- HD Nipples and HD ***** colorable to match any skin tone (via HUD)

- Smaller nipples (skin UV maps reworked to fit better the nipples on the mesh body). Also improved mapping for belly button and clavicles.

* Slightly visible skin seam on the waist has been fixed

- Added Facial expressions HUD (for Kalhene Mesh heads that are included in the package)

- Mesh improvements, especially on the back/waist.

- Added c-string cover, panties and shirt (Mesh, colorable via HUD)

You should receive your update inworld (sent by the server) but you can use also the redelivery at the Mainstore or Marketplace

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/61/107/535

• Like 7

I have to say that the latest improvements resolve just about every issue with this body. The only thing we need now is for more creators to start producing clothing for it.

I'm considering getting it for Indra now, as well, as a replacement for Slink HG.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 4

The update ALSO lets you tint the HD lower intimate anatomy, which was one more of the issues I had raised. The design of that lower anatomy is actually better shaped than every third party kit I've seen for other bodies except for sensations due to it and sensations also being the only ones that include your 'c-button'. ;)

They fixed every last issue I brought to them, so super happy with this update.

At this point the ONLY issue I have left is 'where mah 3rd party addon support @?'

Come on folks, make me some stuffz! :P

• Like 6

I am a big fan of the Kalhene Analexa body, and I bought the Kalhene Erika body for an alt, and I love it! As you can see from this thread, the creator is super responsive to user comments and updates the bodies frequently. Even at full price, I think it’s an attractive alternative to Inthium Kupra and Belleza Freya. And I’m thrilled to see some designer support for this body already! Really, you should check it out if you haven’t yet. 

Google “Ryan Schultz blog Kalhene Erika” for my review, which includes a feature-for-feature comparison with Kupra. 

FB310C2F-6BF2-4BF9-9196-8377678B9157.png

3560087C-4936-4DF9-A3A7-64F7D8A25615.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

fifty linden friday's is having it's birthday party event where you can pick up a pajama set for Erika and the other bodies in that sim.

The party will be going on until sept 3rd I believe, so it's not just on friday's for it.

That is one heck of a party..

On 8/1/2021 at 8:26 PM, chesse Vyceratops said:

There is a nipple dev kit you can get and make your own!!

On 8/12/2021 at 8:32 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

I have to say that the latest improvements resolve just about every issue with this body. The only thing we need now is for more creators to start producing clothing for it.

I'm considering getting it forma Indra now, as well, as a replacement for Slink HG.

If I was approved for the dev Kit , I already would be making clothes.I got all the mesh kits excepto for Erika, which doesn't seem easy to get . Honestly that won't help spreading the Word and making It popular. 

Edited by Olympia Hoxley
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.