Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, epiclolz said:

Forgive me for my confusion, but I'm not sure where to find this option. Is it only in the full release?

The current version is 4.2 so I would assume any new demo picked up at the store would be current and include ALL new option such as the ones in the picture.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have you tried it lately with the updates?

ERIKA Mesh Body (Petits Seins)

Is that Kalhene Erika Seins or Kalhene Erika with deformers?  Seins is Erika's Petite/small breast version.

Finding clothing for Erika isn't impossible, but semi-hard. Finding clothing for Seins? I think I've seen one item of clothing offering it that wasn't put out by Kalhene.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:05 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've seen it occasionally on Flickr but mostly in-world. Usually the avatar is all butt. Just...a big ole butt and not much else carrying LOL. That might be a Kupra thing. Not sure if the other bodies can pull that off (but maybe if you make them short enough).

I also consider the very small upper body/massively large lower body thing to be somewhat exaggerated, and I see that everywhere. Like I've said in other threads, that could absolutely work for some looks/avatars (and I still want to see someone try it with a cel-shaded avie!), but it's not at all what I'd be going for.

You should try it! But this is likely going to come down to a "does the clothing exist for Erika yet?" thing. OR, a "can I squeeze Erika into menswear?" thing. Even with Matireya, I do most of my tomboy shopping in mens stores, lol. OR, I V-Tech/flat her out, toss a male skin on a unisex or female head, and go male with her instead. V-Tech offers some fun wardrobe options when I feel like messing with it. Depends on my mood and how much I feel like playing with alphas. Honestly, it's that kind of flexibility that keeps me right where I am. I'd be hard-pressed to make this work with some of the other bodies. I'm too gender fluid to give all these options up, lol. 

That said, I do wish at least one or two other bodies had that same flexibility. I like choices!! Some have flat mods (Reborn has a V-Tech now - Erika does not, I don't think), but shoving them into male clothing (or actually creating male avatars with them) might be a bit harder. 

Random example - here's a female Maitreya alpha-stuffed into menswear (I love this suit - it's Jake size):

Man-Size 1

And on the flipside, a male Maitreya + V-Tech, same head, a male skin, and V-Tech & female-fit clothes:

Merlot Male 1

And, my "screw it, I'm a rockstar" look (Maitreya + V-Tech, Genus strong gift, male skin, female clothes, LOL):

image.thumb.png.332a191e873615acfa1a8375fe82012a.png

I love experimenting with my wardrobe, honestly. It's why I need so many clothes!!!

giphy.gif

Not to be rude, but this body simply isn’t made for that and that’s okay! Legacy and Maitreya are fine to keep if you are in the market for super thin shapes (which you already said that you are). No need to switch over, but also I don’t see your point in trying to force a body that was specifically made to cater to realistically curvier people and make it thinner. Its not and that’s okay. No one should have to justify why it’s not either. Though, I will say I had no issues with pulling off a skinner look with my Erika—it just didn’t get that androgynous look because it wasn’t made for that. 

Erika clearly isn’t for you. It’s a good thing there are still so many other body options. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PookieTM said:

No need to switch over, but also I don’t see your point in trying to force a body that was specifically made to cater to realistically curvier people and make it thinner. Its not and that’s okay.

To be fair, I use all kinds things I've purchased to do things they weren't necessarily intended to do. Using human skins to create zombie skins with the help of a bunch of effects/tats. Tossing a Lovecraftian monster head on top of a human female body and shaping the thing to nightmarish proportions. Removing limbs and replacing them with skeletal or cyborg mods. Using female heads to make male avatars. I've created very curvy/plus shapes with Maitreya for some looks. I don't think Legacy Male was intended to wear 6 inch high platform goth boots fit for Slink female feet either, but here were are. 😂

If I demo it again and try it with all of my new heads/skins/accessories that I've collected since the last time (I only tried a human with it previously, but now I have numerous furry and fantasy options to try it with) and like it, I'll grab it! If not, I won't.

Erika is a wonderful mesh body. I wish more creators would demo the latest version, give it a go, and create clothes that can be safely worn over the grid. I would love some clothes for my Erika body which is comfortable to wear on G rated Sims as well as Adult Sims. Thank you Kalhene, love your work.

Edited by Angela Cloud
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

They have a couple of new gifts at the store.. A cute fluffy hoodie and some holiday boots that have other textures as well...

They are moved back over at the N-Core location.. they don't have the mall anymore..

This is the new Hoodie gift and boots.. They both come with texture huds and can modify them as well as far as colors and things in the tools.. 

52572405526_0a2b00b871_k.jpg

52571937117_464accd9db_k.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DemeraraGirl said:

I was at Aleutia store and they still have their weekend sale items available. All fit Erika body. I love the jacket!

52568819071_0f6cf22698_3k.jpg

52568216705_4021bbdfd8_k.jpg

I grabbed the fatpack for both of those..Well,only the jacket fatpack and boots,not the top..

They have always made some really nice things for Erika..:)

Also, that gift hoodie fits pretty well with that jacket..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I really wish there was more for Erika. Even the fe stores that put the odd thing out here and there, like Aleutia, don't include Erika in their whole range.

If Erika had as much to wear as Maitreya, it's the only body anyone woul ever need; you can do any shape with it from super-chubby to stick-thin and flat-chested.

And I love those boots.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a right choice to get this as a main body for newbie? I'm worry about finding clothes to fit it. I've been demo e-body and legacy and I prefer legacy (I'm using lucybody at the moment).

I also like the shape of this one and it's seem like a good deal, 2k for the whole package.

Edited by mizzynight

1 hour ago, mizzynight said:

Is it a right choice to get this as a main body for newbie? I'm worry about finding clothes to fit it. I've been demo e-body and legacy and I prefer legacy (I'm using lucybody at the moment).

I also like the shape of this one and it's seem like a good deal, 2k for the whole package.

You will struggle to find any clothes that are not template, scanty, questionably textured items. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mizzynight said:

Probably not.

Don't get me wrong; both my girl alts have Erika and it's absolutely my favourite female body on the grid. However, if you get it, you'll also need a second body to go with it, to wear all the clothes you want to wear that aren't made for Erika.  Getting by with Erika alone will be near impossible (unless you spend your entire life either naked or in fetish-wear, or you're content with the dozen or so outfits that come included with the body and you don't ever want to wear anything else). 

That said, Legacy is an even worse choice; it's over-priced, it relies on a server-side service to use the HUD, it's complex and laggy, it "breaks apart" (gaps appear) when you're at altitude such as in a skybox, and its a steep learning curve. You'll need to delve into the technicalities of your firewall just to get the hud to work at all. There are whole threads on the forum about the issues with Legacy, if you're interested in hearing the whole story.

Now, if you're happy for the Lucybody that you already own to be your "second body", then sure, go with Erika. But I have a feeling that you'll be disappointed.  Given that Legacy is so bad, and you don't like ebody, that leaves Maitreya as the only recommendable alternative, as either your only body or as your second to go along with Erika. Everything else has either declining supply of clothing or never had any to begin with.

On the plus side, if you do decide to go with Maitreya, as either your second or only body, there's no rush, because your Lucybody already fits Maitreya clothes.  So you could get Erika now, and Maitreya in a couple more months when you've saved up enough.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mizzynight said:

Honestly I would say, that depends on what you are looking for in outfits and how much shopping you are planning to do and how big of a wardrobe are you wanting to have.. You will probably be doing a little hunting for some things.

It's lacking in a wider variety of clothes, mostly lacking on the more conservative side.. I mean you can find them, but it's a hunt..

It comes with a nice sized wardrobe that you can pick some things out of there  that you may like..

Probably to give a better idea of the things being made for it..This is their Flickr Catalog  that you can look through to see a lot of the things being made for it.. It may be what you are looking for and it may not.. 

Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body - Designers&Creators Releases (ADS Only)

As far as the body and everything that comes with it.. In my opinion it's the best body on the market.. But it just need to get that wider selection of clothing going for it, to make it the total best package..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

That said, Legacy is an even worse choice; it's over-priced, it relies on a server-side service to use the HUD, it's complex and laggy, it "breaks apart" (gaps appear) when you're at altitude such as in a skybox, and its a steep learning curve.

High altitude issues were fixed over 2 years ago, except regular Legacy male and freebie bodies they have (which are not legacy, but classic). So your "advice" is outdated, or based on a freebie body.

It only needs media page on the hud to either activate the BoM or change the nail color, the rest works (and always did) without media. I have it turned off at all times. And with new 1.5 update even that is not needed anymore (bom is activated via chat command, 3rd party nail appliers will soon make default options redudant).

I'll agree with the overpriced part, though. Then again it's somewhat relative and depends on the shopping habits. Couple of fatpacks from big shopping events is often already 2/3 of the body price.

9 hours ago, mizzynight said:

No. You'll miss out on so many styles and good creators. Maitreya, Legacy (Regular, not Perky one. Perky has less support), Reborn, get one of those if you want a nice shopping and dressing experience that is not a challenge. Then later, when you're more experienced and know good stores, events, made yourself some bookmarks and landmarks, and if you still like it, get Erika too.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Maitreya, Legacy (Regular, not Perky one. Perky has less support), Reborn, get one of those

I agree with these, in the context that these three are the bodies for which creators are releasing new clothing. There's still also a decent amount for Belleza Freya, though it's starting to drop off now.  

9 hours ago, mizzynight said:

Legacy does have issues though; the body itself is extremely complex in the mesh (over a million triangles) and that's huge, and will cause lag for you and others around you.  It's also much more expensive than Maitreya or Reborn.

I have Erika and I like it a lot. There is a steady trickle of clothing coming out but you need to follow the in-world group notices and the Kalhene Flickr group to find them. It's mostly either fetishwear or formal-wear with very little inbetween. That said -  most of the clothing that comes included with the body is modifyable so if you have some skill with texture-making, that collection is more useful than it originally seems to be.

If you're the sort of person who is happy with a small set of outfits and you don't want to buy every new thing that's released, then Erika is a good choice as it's a lovely, versatile body that can achieve just about any shape you might want. But if you're a fan of shopping, new fashion and keeping up to date with all the latest clothing releases, then you'll be better off with something else. Or, as Lewis suggested, having more than one body. I have four - Maitreya, Freya, Erika and Reborn, and yes I still use all of them, which means that I can wear literally anything. 

• Like 1

Yes, Freya is still the better choice if you want a curvy body on a budget and would like to wear clothes; but it really depends what your avatar spends most of their time doing. If you're planning on hitting up the clubs in latex and just need, say, one pair of jeans to go shopping in, Erika will be fine.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mizzynight said:

There are stores that have clothes for the body but you do have to search.  While many are template stores other aren't.  It all depends on what you're looking for and how much you want/need.  This store has lovely things...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/123226

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, mizzynight said:

I just got it for 1700l what a steal! There is sooo much stuff to play with, no need to buy separate deformers or mods even the naughty bits are included. I hope it gets more popularity like it deserves. I'm actually like it a bit more than Reborn.

It's the body that I really wish would take off in popularity.. It's the biggest bang for the buck.. Now if only the 3rd party creators would see that as well.. hehehe

I think reborn had a better release plan and took a lot of thunder away from Kalhene Erika in that first year..

With Gen x showing up, Some creators seem to be jumping on that one because of the name tied to it..It sure isn't because it had more users or a better body..

there is a lot out there for Erika, it just takes a little more digging to find things.. but it's a beautiful well built body with the most bangingest butt and legs of them all!! \o/

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me how to acquire a demo of "ERIKA Mesh Body v4.3", created by Cynthia Littlepaws that my bots have seen at least a dozen different people wearing now?

The latest version of the demo in the main store is v4.2.

Neither Cynthia Littlepaws nor Claudia Urdaneta have replied to my IMs, nor does anyone in the Kalhene group know anything about a v4.3 body.

I hope it is not yet another scheme of someone distributing a donor root prim "covered" ripped body like I've seen with many other popular heads and bodies.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Can anyone tell me how to acquire a demo of "ERIKA Mesh Body v4.3", created by Cynthia Littlepaws that my bots have seen at least a dozen different people wearing now?

The latest version of the demo in the main store is v4.2.

Neither Cynthia Littlepaws nor Claudia Urdaneta have replied to my IMs, nor does anyone in the Kalhene group know anything about a v4.3 body.

I hope it is not yet another scheme of someone distributing a donor root prim "covered" ripped body like I've seen with many other popular heads and bodies.

Thanks.

Hopefully it's beta's just getting tested for an update coming..

I know they have a v3.4 version that still comes in the folders, even in the redeliver with the current version..

But haven't heard anything of a v4.3.

Could it be maybe be seeing 4.3 when it's 3.4?  I know that happens to me a lot.. hehehe

I hope there is an update coming and it's just testers..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.