Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I'm disappointed that the latest update has got rid of all the modifyable wardrobe items and switched all the new outfits back to no-mod. It was only the modifyable basics that were keeping me wearing the body at all. I guess I can keep them, but its a huge disappointment that the variety of new releases that come with the body are no-mod.

F

Wasn't aware of that, thanks for mentioning it! I did make sure my buddy Sehrina kept some of the older releases unpacked, in case she wants to wear the outfits from them.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:55 AM, Maitimo said:

I'm disappointed that the latest update has got rid of all the modifyable wardrobe items and switched all the new outfits back to no-mod. It was only the modifyable basics that were keeping me wearing the body at all. I guess I can keep them, but its a huge disappointment that the variety of new releases that come with the body are no-mod.

They have 11 new outfits. I don't know about how much more new things.. This is just from one of the folders called outfits that is in the wardrobe.. It feels like a heck of a lot more than was in 4.1 after unpacking it  though.. hehehe

they have 5 that you can modify..

These are the 6 that can't be modified.. They mostly all seem to be the same dress , just with different textures and things.. I think these are items that they released from past events or something and may have just added them as they were.. I already have the Zoe dress.. I looked on the properties and it shows me Acquiring itin July of 2021..

ERIKA ZOE Dress v4.2
ERIKA Sheer Dress v4.2
ERIKA Phobia Dress v4.2Halloween outfit
ERIKA Leggings v4.2
ERIKA Fur Dress v4.2
ERIKA Foxy Dress v4.2

Mine is actually called Zoe Exclusive..  Either they are wanting to keep the ones sold as exclusives to stay exclusives or they just added them to the wardrobe as they were, permission wise.. I'm just guessing about that part though.

Everything in the wardrobe but these 6 and the rings, can be thrown on the floor and stretched  or sized or color changed in the tools and things.. I think also  the other items in the wardrobe that show  no mod ,are that way now because of the scripts that change you from petite or squishy bewbies or thigh squish.. You don't even have to open the hud, the outfits just do it  auto.

I'm gonna have to see if I have any of these other outfits  that came with 4.2.

I have to say, that's one hell of a wardrobe to unpack..Took me forever and a day. I got so confused unpacking it that I got three boxes  in, before I realized I was  unpacking the same things again. LOL

I almost unpacked it twice.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's nice to see Scandalize getting into the picture..They make some good outfits and will bring some really nice range in outfits it they stay on.. If they start updating their stuff to Erika, look out world!!  hehehe

I just picked these two outfits up for like 300 $L Each I think they were..Maybe a little more..

I think 2023 is gonna be our year if we keep getting good creators and good things like this, Erika wearers!! \o/ :)

Keep the FAITH!

SCANDALIZE. Kiilyr

SCANDALIZE. Joana

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Erika has jumped 4 spots on the ladder from 43 to 39 since last month and two spots since last week and looking like it's gonna be at another 150 more users before long since last month as well..

It's looking more promising that Scandalize is gonna keep putting out things for Erika as well..

Erika is sparking at the heels and working her way up..That little Ant is moving that rubber tree plant.:D

Here is the newest one Scandalize is bringing to us.. I'm So Excited!! \o/  hehehe

ETA: Almost forgot..  It's 170 a fatpack.. The total outfit of top, pants and shoes is in 3 fatpacks.. So $L510 for the whole thing.. :)

SCANDALIZE. Yeshy

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Erika is sparking at the heels and working her way up..That little Ant is moving that rubber tree plant.:D

It'd move a lot faster if designers put out some tops that fit.

Lol, not to sound so grouchy or anything, though I am pre-coffee, but it's my primary reason for never switching bodies. I actually do like some of that stuff (and those pants in the Joana Set are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrre and I might grab them in my size), but not 24/7. 

I'm probably not a typical user case or anything, but being able to make an infinite number of avatars all wearing their own unique style is what keeps me faithful to Maitreya. If I could make a steampunk-wearing rat and a gown-wearing orc and a frog lounging around in breezy resort wear with Erika, I'd swap in a heartbeat (the shapes you can make are nice!).

Now that's just my nutty shenanigans, but I do think these bodies would move up the ranks a lot faster if they had a wider selection of casual basics available to build up our outfits with, for those of us not rocking the boom boom cleavage. 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It'd move a lot faster if designers put out some tops that fit.

Lol, not to sound so grouchy or anything, though I am pre-coffee, but it's my primary reason for never switching bodies. I actually do like some of that stuff (and those pants in the Joana Set are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrre and I might grab them in my size), but not 24/7. 

I'm probably not a typical user case or anything, but being able to make an infinite number of avatars all wearing their own unique style is what keeps me faithful to Maitreya. If I could make a steampunk-wearing rat and a gown-wearing orc and a frog lounging around in breezy resort wear with Erika, I'd swap in a heartbeat (the shapes you can make are nice!).

Now that's just my nutty shenanigans, but I do think these bodies would move up the ranks a lot faster if they had a wider selection of casual basics available to build up our outfits with, for those of us not rocking the boom boom cleavage. 🤣

I'm hoping for that myself and  it's gradually getting there.. That's become a challenge for just about any new body that has hit the market in the last couple of years to overcome.. Getting those creators that will overshadow the ones that flood the market holding the body into what feels like a niche category.. Even Reborn is flooded with the same thing, It just had a better booster plan and took off..  Those addons really kicked it into turbo..

That's why I get excited when I see a creator like Scandalize getting on board.. It only take a few good creators like them  to get on board to really have things take off. If they start to update  their things to our body, it can change the  things in a big way..

Right now with the new bodies, we have to hunt and piece things together just like we did in the early days of Maitreya and Belleza and so on..  It took them years to get to where they saturated the market..

Lets face it, there was a heck of a lot wider range of creators when they started out than there is today.. The market is flooded with what feels like a lot less creative content that has become popular... honestly I think just looking at the events can show that..

Events used to be where you had a lot of great content creators showing up to show off.. Now they have become the new shopping malls for a lot of the places that would follow the greats.  So now if we don't see these new bodies in the shopping malls in the most outfits, we get it in our head that they aren't as good as the most popular bodies.. Just not worth the time  to go back through those growing pains..

That's what it's become is a popularity contest that decides the fate of a new body.. Where before it was a lot more of the body vs the body in comparison than anything..

Myself, I've decided to let the popularity contest go and get back to getting in the ears of the content creators that I want to see making things for the body I feel is the best.. Rather than settling on what we can find.. Putting in some ground work to help push the rubber tree plant.. hehehe

Because in my eyes, the best body on the market isn't the most popular body right now or in the top 10.. In my eyes, I Honestly feel that the best body is sitting at 39th place and slowly  moving up again and finally getting seen more and more..

It sucks getting a body and having to go through the growing pains again like when mesh bodies first came out..But I honestly feel, Erika is the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to mesh bodies..

It has everything but the popularity right now.. A content creator that has put out more updates than any other creator that I've seen.. When something needs fixed or feels something could be improved or added..  If something wrong, expect it to be fixed before the month is out or in the following month, not 6 months from now or in some cases years or never..

It comes with a full package of content for any new user to start out and not have to hunt the world to get moving around in it.. It has mesh heads ,full wardrobe, plus deformers and addons built into it..

Almost forgot, also the bangingest  body on the market than can go from regular to full figure.. hehehe

It just needs more of what it's users have been doing more and more.. Getting into the ears of the content creators they want, rather than falling to the side because of getting overtaken  by stores just slapping a color on something they haven't created themselves..

It's gonna take some time, but I've decided I'm in this one for the long haul.. I really feel it has a lot of what the other bodies don't , other than the popularity to be able to seep into those other areas..  If it ever gets up around that top 10..look out world.. hehehe

I really really love this body and think it has a possible shot at pulling things off. :D

ETA: Damn it sure didn't feel like I typed that much stuff.. hehehe 

sorry about that..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's what it's become is a popularity contest that decides the fate of a new body.. Where before it was a lot more of the body vs the body in comparison than anything..

This is very true. It also doesn't help that most of these new-ish bodies are chasing the same exact trends. 

In saying that, I'll be super honest - I can barely tell the difference in any of them. Kupra might be the only one I can pick out of a crowd at a glance due to how short people tend to make it, lmao. To be equally fair, I can't tell the difference between Lara and Legacy at quick glance, either. 😄

How they respond to sliders and all that - sure, there's a difference. But just looking at them and their clothing ads, it all runs together. Reborn might be the one that stands out to me (not taking height into consideration!), and that's solely because it's been putting out its own body mods that are fairly difficult to miss, LOL. But not including all that either - it's all the same market to me. If I wanted to make an androgynous avatar - none of them would work out very well. Even if I had the option of a flat or petite chest - dem hips doe! Tall, slender looks - not happening. Short, petite avies - nope. 

That isn't a bad thing, of course, and obviously there are plenty who like what's on offer, since the stuff sells and appears all over Flickr. But it all starts to run together past a certain point. Some clothing diversity would help a lot!

It'd be cool if, after the trends die out, each body fell into its own zone and took off running in its own direction - I think Erika would look suuuuuuper cute in the vintage/retro market! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is very true. It also doesn't help that most of these new-ish bodies are chasing the same exact trends. 

In saying that, I'll be super honest - I can barely tell the difference in any of them. Kupra might be the only one I can pick out of a crowd at a glance due to how short people tend to make it, lmao. To be equally fair, I can't tell the difference between Lara and Legacy at quick glance, either. 😄

How they respond to sliders and all that - sure, there's a difference. But just looking at them and their clothing ads, it all runs together. Reborn might be the one that stands out to me (not taking height into consideration!), and that's solely because it's been putting out its own body mods that are fairly difficult to miss, LOL. But not including all that either - it's all the same market to me. If I wanted to make an androgynous avatar - none of them would work out very well. Even if I had the option of a flat or petite chest - dem hips doe! Tall, slender looks - not happening. Short, petite avies - nope. 

That isn't a bad thing, of course, and obviously there are plenty who like what's on offer, since the stuff sells and appears all over Flickr. But it all starts to run together past a certain point. Some clothing diversity would help a lot!

It'd be cool if, after the trends die out, each body fell into its own zone and took off running in its own direction - I think Erika would look suuuuuuper cute in the vintage/retro market! 

That's the thing, I see a good difference from where she sits compared to those bodies it's getting niched in with..  If you put on the Erkia body, then at the same time test out the other bodies without taking off the Erika body to see where things stand out or get hidden from each body. You'll see why I love this body and why it is so much different in those areas than the others.. Plus how much more natural and more proportioned of a build it is  to those..

It may seem like it is in the same place as like GenX and Reborn.. But testing it while wearing them over each other, you should notice  it's more in between and kind of already sitting  on it's own..  The GenX and Reborn being on one end and Legacy and Maitreya being on the other...This one sits right in the middle..

I like to call it, The Sweet Spot.. hehehehe

I test them out and when I take one off, I can see how Erika shines over the others.. out of the box no deformers or addons just bang pow better.. hehehehe

As far as wide range for like making androgynous avatar.. I don't really know what kind of bodies those require.. I'm just glad there are bodies for things like that.. I know Maitreya  has such wide range in markets that Erika may never even make it into..  I just wish it would catch more light in the one it's stuck in at the moment so it can have a chance to spread out more..  I just really don't want to lose this one..

I guess what I am trying to say is that Erika is in a different fit than the reborn and genX and Kupra bodies.. I think that's one of the biggest things that hurts it from really being seen as it's own thing.. a really well proportioned  natural build of a body.. everything just feels like it's where it is supposed to go rather than exaggerated features..

Each time I do the testing it against another body and pull the other body off and see Erika standing there, I say to myself every time " And this is why I love you! \o/"  lol

I just really hope it keeps pounding the pavement and moving on up and lands in a better place with more variety..It may not make it to certain ones, but I'm hoping it's not gonna be stuck in a pack that relies on winning popularity contest.. That's probably hoping for a bit much though .. hehehe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's the thing, I see a good difference from where she sits compared to those bodies it's getting niched in with..  If you put on the Erkia body, then at the same time test out the other bodies without taking off the Erika body to see where things stand out or get hidden from each body. You'll see why I love this body and why it is so much different in those areas than the others.. Plus how much more natural and more proportioned of a build it is  to those..

I demoed it at some point. I'm pretty sure I tried them all - Kupra for sure, Kupra Kups or whatever they were calling their flat mod version (Kupra Flat? I don't even know), Legacy and Perky definitely, Reborn I believe, Erika, Analexa, Prima, too. I ignored Gen X Curvy but tried on Classic. Classic looked a LOT like Maitreya to me, so I didn't really see a point in changing (fixing my shoulders is not worth 5500L to me, lol). The only other one that stood out to me from a shape POV was Analexa. It's the only body I could get to match the slender-with-gentle curves body type I typically go for, plus it had the built-in flat chest options. No clothes/support whatsoever, though, so no buy! I think Erika's been fit with all the addons/options Analexa has, but don't quote me. I tried it before Erika released, pretty sure. But Erika was much too curvy for me. I should try it again and see if I can get it more slender, just for funsies. It's been a while.

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

As far as wide range for like making androgynous avatar.. I don't really know what kind of bodies those require.. 

Think Janelle Monáe. More specifically, clothes that could work equally well on a male or female avatar. I've used Maitreya + V-Tech or Lara Flat to shop that look, but any average, slender, petite, or plus body/shape would work. It can also be done with Jake/Legacy/CZ Slim, if the shapes and clothes are neutral enough (no bulging shirts or anything, lol). No skirtbelts, no rippling muscles, no boom boom cleavage. 😂 Everything pretty neutral and right in between. 

d0b23da74b706306c1557dae6c604f71.jpg

static1.squarespace-24.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I demoed it at some point. I'm pretty sure I tried them all - Kupra for sure, Kupra Kups or whatever they were calling their flat mod version (Kupra Flat? I don't even know), Legacy and Perky definitely, Reborn I believe, Erika, Analexa, Prima, too. I ignored Gen X Curvy but tried on Classic. Classic looked a LOT like Maitreya to me, so I didn't really see a point in changing (fixing my shoulders is not worth 5500L to me, lol). The only other one that stood out to me from a shape POV was Analexa. It's the only body I could get to match the slender-with-gentle curves body type I typically go for, plus it had the built-in flat chest options. No clothes/support whatsoever, though, so no buy! I think Erika's been fit with all the addons/options Analexa has, but don't quote me. I tried it before Erika released, pretty sure. But Erika was much too curvy for me. I should try it again and see if I can get it more slender, just for funsies. It's been a while.

Think Janelle Monáe. More specifically, clothes that could work equally well on a male or female avatar. I've used Maitreya + V-Tech or Lara Flat to shop that look, but any average, slender, petite, or plus body/shape would work. It can also be done with Jake/Legacy/CZ Slim, if the shapes and clothes are neutral enough (no bulging shirts or anything, lol). No skirtbelts, no rippling muscles, no boom boom cleavage. 😂 Everything pretty neutral and right in between. 

d0b23da74b706306c1557dae6c604f71.jpg

static1.squarespace-24.jpg

Ya, I was more meaning to  demo it while wearing  the two bodies at the same time.. Take one off and put it back on, take the other off and put it back on to see a better comparison.. then kind of rinse and repeat with the others..

It's kind of how I demo bodies nowadays and wish I would have started demoing them that way a long time ago.. hehehe

A lot of doing it like that was, to see what bodies would work with certain clothes from other bodies, like fitting into Maitreya clothes and things like that.. It just became a good way for me to compare bodies too..

Looking at those images, I'm wondering if that lower image might be possible with Erika.. I was testing out the petite addon in the hud and  it goes pretty flat..  from the hips to the ribs You might be able to but I'm not sure.. I've made full figured shapes but don't think you will  get that  less hippy thing with Erkia.. Would be more like a full figured woman if anything..  I never really tried to make an avatar like that  before, but it would be neat to try..

It would probably take upping the torso muscles widening the shoulders and bringing in the hips all the way and  pushing out the saddlebags..  It might come close but  probably not really as good as you could with the ones with lesser curves.. if we just had more freedom in the sliders in that point between the chest and hips.. we could do lots of neat stuff.. hehehe

ETA: Maybe a waist  to chest area deformer or deformers that would get us to the other way than petite, that would be kind of neat.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I was more meaning to  demo it while wearing  the two bodies at the same time.. Take one off and put it back on, take the other off and put it back on to see a better comparison.. then kind of rinse and repeat with the others..

It's kind of how I demo bodies nowadays and wish I would have started demoing them that way a long time ago.. hehehe

A lot of doing it like that was, to see what bodies would work with certain clothes from other bodies, like fitting into Maitreya clothes and things like that.. It just became a good way for me to compare bodies too..

Oh yeah, no I've never done that. My experience with squeezing bodies into clothes not made for it is not a fun one, LOL. But then again, it's usually because I'm trying to squeeze Maitreya into Jake or squeeze Legacy Male into my entire female shoe collection.  Not a whole lot of compatibility there. Lucybody into Maitreya is really easy, though, so there's that.

45 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Looking at those images, I'm wondering if that lower image might be possible with Erika.. I was testing out the petite addon in the hud and  it goes pretty flat..  from the hips to the ribs You might be able to but I'm not sure.. I've made full figured shapes but don't think you will  get that  less hippy thing with Erkia.. Would be more like a full figured woman if anything..  I never really tried to make an avatar like that  before, but it would be neat to try..

It would probably take upping the torso muscles widening the shoulders and bringing in the hips all the way and  pushing out the saddlebags..  It might come close but  probably not really as good as you could with the ones with lesser curves.. if we just had more freedom in the sliders in that point between the chest and hips.. we could do lots of neat stuff.. hehehe

ETA: Maybe a waist  to chest area deformer or deformers that would get us to the other way than petite, that would be kind of neat.:)

Any body that can be made to be fairly natural without super exaggerated features can work. And speaking of which, I'm a dork and think neutral couple outfits would look adorable as hell, lol.

And lmao his face in that first pic.

Unisex-Fashion-Hollywood-Reporter.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh yeah, no I've never done that. My experience with squeezing bodies into clothes not made for it is not a fun one, LOL. But then again, it's usually because I'm trying to squeeze Maitreya into Jake or squeeze Legacy Male into my entire female shoe collection.  Not a whole lot of compatibility there. Lucybody into Maitreya is really easy, though, so there's that.

Any body that can be made to be fairly natural without super exaggerated features can work. And speaking of which, I'm a dork and think neutral couple outfits would look adorable as hell, lol.

And lmao his face in that first pic.

Unisex-Fashion-Hollywood-Reporter.jpg

I think I see where we are having a slight difference.. It's with, exaggerated features.. hehehe

In my eyes, exaggerated features is when they look like they had some sort of plastic surgery to their body..

For me, I see Erika fitting more in the child bearing hips category, than exaggerated features category..

The features don't feel exaggerated to me like the other bodies it's getting grouped with.. But more natural flowing features of a woman or body type of a woman that hasn't had any kind of plastic surgery.. I feel closer matched with Erika than any other body because of how natural it flows..

If you seen my body in SL you would see what  looks like a petite curvy, which pretty much lines up with what I am in RL.. I get called petite a lot, but that's just because I'm smaller than everyone else.. lol

I get around some of these really tall guys in SL and I start feeling like I'm a child avatar.. hehehehe

Ya, That look, up in that picture, I would never be able to pull off unless I wrapped things up tight and lost a lot of body circulation and wore some really loose clothes.. hehehe

Erika I don't think would be too workable for something like that, where Maitreya would have all kinds of breathing room to get that done. :)

I still want to give something like that a try just to see what I could  pull off without going alpha layers.. it will probably still have some curves, unless I get creative and dig into my standard mesh repertoire.. hehehe

I think it will be a fun challenge trying to see if I can do it.. hope for the best plan for the worst! \o/  hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think I see where we are having a slight difference.. It's with, exaggerated features.. hehehe

In my eyes, exaggerated features is when they look like they had some sort of plastic surgery to their body..

I've seen it occasionally on Flickr but mostly in-world. Usually the avatar is all butt. Just...a big ole butt and not much else carrying LOL. That might be a Kupra thing. Not sure if the other bodies can pull that off (but maybe if you make them short enough).

I also consider the very small upper body/massively large lower body thing to be somewhat exaggerated, and I see that everywhere. Like I've said in other threads, that could absolutely work for some looks/avatars (and I still want to see someone try it with a cel-shaded avie!), but it's not at all what I'd be going for.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Erika I don't think would be too workable for something like that, where Maitreya would have all kinds of breathing room to get that done. :)

I still want to give something like that a try just to see what I could  pull off without going alpha layers.. it will probably still have some curves, unless I get creative and dig into my standard mesh repertoire.. hehehe

I think it will be a fun challenge trying to see if I can do it.. hope for the best plan for the worst! \o/  hehehe

You should try it! But this is likely going to come down to a "does the clothing exist for Erika yet?" thing. OR, a "can I squeeze Erika into menswear?" thing. Even with Matireya, I do most of my tomboy shopping in mens stores, lol. OR, I V-Tech/flat her out, toss a male skin on a unisex or female head, and go male with her instead. V-Tech offers some fun wardrobe options when I feel like messing with it. Depends on my mood and how much I feel like playing with alphas. Honestly, it's that kind of flexibility that keeps me right where I am. I'd be hard-pressed to make this work with some of the other bodies. I'm too gender fluid to give all these options up, lol. 

That said, I do wish at least one or two other bodies had that same flexibility. I like choices!! Some have flat mods (Reborn has a V-Tech now - Erika does not, I don't think), but shoving them into male clothing (or actually creating male avatars with them) might be a bit harder. 

Random example - here's a female Maitreya alpha-stuffed into menswear (I love this suit - it's Jake size):

Man-Size 1

And on the flipside, a male Maitreya + V-Tech, same head, a male skin, and V-Tech & female-fit clothes:

Merlot Male 1

And, my "screw it, I'm a rockstar" look (Maitreya + V-Tech, Genus strong gift, male skin, female clothes, LOL):

image.thumb.png.332a191e873615acfa1a8375fe82012a.png

I love experimenting with my wardrobe, honestly. It's why I need so many clothes!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've seen it occasionally on Flickr but mostly in-world. Usually the avatar is all butt. Just...a big ole butt and not much else carrying LOL. That might be a Kupra thing. Not sure if the other bodies can pull that off (but maybe if you make them short enough).

I also consider the very small upper body/massively large lower body thing to be somewhat exaggerated, and I see that everywhere. Like I've said in other threads, that could absolutely work for some looks/avatars (and I still want to see someone try it with a cel-shaded avie!), but it's not at all what I'd be going for.

Ya there are a lot that will just build them like that though..  They end up usually having to get a curvy AO because of that as well.. That will happen with any body when they suck the shoulders inside the hip bone area..

I really haven't had to use a curvy AO yet.. I have them but found pulling my shoulders out more fixed most of that .. I could have saved  that money....hehehe

That kind of style of  body has been around since  before mesh bodies, with the gaping crotches and big lower bodies..Some just really love that style I guess.. It's hung on for years.. hehehe

I'm sure some mesh bodies are built more for that and won't let you get the freedom you need to bring the shoulders out and hips in far though either.. Like Kupra is probably more built that way..

But I've made some  nice bodies with reborn that things proportion really well with the hips and shoulders.. I still had to use deformers though to get the butt off the lower back.. but once that was done it looked really good.. i could bring it lower and in with the sliders but really not off the back like the deformer I found did..

GenX I was able to get something going on it but kind of just stopped after awhile.. I just kind of just lost interest in it..Not really anything to do with the body, but  other things I guess.. hehehe

I think if someone wants to exaggerate features they have all the room to do it with those bodies, but at the same time you can go the other way most of the time too and proportion them up right..

Just not where it would be able to do those thin body things..

I think the reason flicker has so many bodies that look like that is, people just go there more than they do the other way..

I remember seeing those sad face skins and shapes all over the place.. they seemed to go hand in hand with the crotch gape shaped bodies.. hehehe

I love those pictures, they are awesome :)

Erika Might be able to pull off the Joey look with some Standard unrigged mesh.. LOL

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

@Ayashe Ninetails  I just want to say, I'm enjoying our discussion and learning a lot..

I just want to make sure my gabbyness isn't coming off in a bad way.. I'm just a gabby person sometimes and that can annoy the heck out of people sometimes..

I can get a little tunnel visioned too at times, so give me a good slap when you see me getting like that.. hehehe

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya there are a lot that will just build them like that though..  They end up usually having to get a curvy AO because of that as well.. That will happen with any body when they suck the shoulders inside the hip bone area..

I really haven't had to use a curvy AO yet.. I have them but found pulling my shoulders out more fixed most of that .. I could have saved  that money....hehehe

Believe it or not, I sometimes make use of curvy poses. Normally if I'm being super lazy and don't feel like fixing imperfections or creating something new with Black Dragon. My hands are ALWAYS getting lost in my hips in some poses, and I don't even have them out that far, lol. My AOs are a bit dramatic, though, so I don't worry too much if an arm goes temporarily rogue and pokes into my torso lol.

That kind of style of  body has been around since  before mesh bodies, with the gaping crotches and big lower bodies..Some just really love that style I guess.. It's hung on for years.. hehehe

Omg yaaaaaaaaaaas I remember those! They used to be in ads everywhere, too. LMAO. And the thighs stuck way out like a mile apart. Geez...we've got some unique trends up in here lol.

But I've made some  nice bodies with reborn that things proportion really well with the hips and shoulders.. I still had to use deformers though to get the butt off the lower back.. but once that was done it looked really good.. i could bring it lower and in with the sliders but really not off the back like the deformer I found did..

I didn't play too much with Reborn. By the time I got around to trying it, I already knew I wasn't feeling that style at all. But funny enough, ages ago when I first tried Kupra, I actually DID manage to get a super cute, not overdone shape with it. Kupra CAN be shaped to be more proportional and balanced, but the annoying issue I could not solve - the ankles and feet were tinnnnyyy. I had been trying to make a cute sporty look with it and even in sneakers...nice shapely legs, cute knees...tiny feets!!! 😂 So I gave up on it.

I didn't play with Gen X  much either. In my case, I tossed on Classic while keeping my usual Maitreya shape, said oh look Maitreya with better shoulders, nice...and took it off. The price tag is too high for me to consider it (I'd rather spend that money on heads, honestly) if all it's going to do is fix my goofy-looking shoulders and give me parts I already have in my inventory somewhere collecting dust, LMAO. Plus the whole tails don't work with it need PG or mod version thanks thing.

I love those pictures, they are awesome :)

Erika Might be able to pull off the Joey look with some Standard unrigged mesh.. LOL

Thank you!!! And yeeees try and see if you can do fun wardrobe things with Erika. The body's own clothing line might be a bit limited right now, but screw it - try stuffing her into other bodies' stuff. See if you can make it work. Might drive yourself a bit crazy doing that between all the alpha work and reshaping, but it'll be an interesting experiment. Try Reborn clothes and see what happens. Hell, try Gianni LOL.

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

@Ayashe Ninetails  I just want to say, I'm enjoying our discussion and learning a lot..

I just want to make sure my gabbyness isn't coming off in a bad way.. I'm just a gabby person sometimes and that can annoy the heck out of people sometimes..

I can get a little tunnel visioned too at times, so give me a good slap when you see me getting like that.. hehehe

Awww, thanks, me too! It's been a really fun convo. And don't worry about talking too much. Have you MET me? LOL. 🤣

• Like 2

I'm using Reborn but i've finally decided to buy Erika, at 1495 L it's a bargain considering it will be increased to 3499 L after the sale.

I prefer Erika over Reborn but sadly none of my favorite designers are creating for her😭 i will put this body on hold in my inventory hoping for next year!😉 In the meantime i'm having fun creating some shapes, i really love how versatile this body is and the HUD omg, just perfect!🤩

I've noticed Velour has only the Ipanema line for Erika and i prefer Venus, any other brands with the body skin for her?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Evie Addams said:

I'm using Reborn but i've finally decided to buy Erika, at 1495 L it's a bargain considering it will be increased to 3499 L after the sale.

I prefer Erika over Reborn but sadly none of my favorite designers are creating for her😭 i will put this body on hold in my inventory hoping for next year!😉 In the meantime i'm having fun creating some shapes, i really love how versatile this body is and the HUD omg, just perfect!🤩

I've noticed Velour has only the Ipanema line for Erika and i prefer Venus, any other brands with the body skin for her?

You can try ITgirls across the way from Velour in the same mall.. Those seem to fit well  in the Maitreya version of the body skin..

53 minutes ago, Evie Addams said:

Thanks! 😊

You could try Velour in the Venus Maitreya also to see how they work too..

A few skins will fit on there.. I just wasn't in world at the time to get to them and ITgirls was the most recent I had gotten and on the top of my head.. I can go though mine and get you a few more.. Just demo those for right now and I'll whip that up really quick of the ones that I have..

ETA: Actually I thought I had more than I did, I must have been thinking about my reborn body and skins..I'll have to shop around myself for a few more and demo what's out there. hehehe

ETA: I almost forgot.. If you use the Extras hud in the Erika folder.. There is a skins tab on there that will unpack a folder that have skins for the Erika heads and the body. I haven't tried them myself, but it's another option, if you haven't tried those anyways..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

2 hours ago, Evie Addams said:

Thanks! 😊

If you don't already have something like this.

It can help with fingers and toes when your skin is messed up in those areas so you don't have to jump to a different skin if you don't want.

You can edit and tint these as well..

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SmitCo-BoM-Nail-Covers/21128569

Also another thing that is helpful in trying to get close so you can fine tune a match in color and tone is,  if you are in firestorm viewer.. Go to your quick preferences button.. the button that has the firestorm logo on it.. Click that and then  put the dot to ON in the Color Under Cursor.

That will give you the R.G.B numbers of where ever your cursor is.. So you can just put your cursor over your skin area that you feel matches closest to what you are wanting to match up for the spot you are trying to fix.. Once you get it close you can fine tune it from there, or sometimes you hit it on the spot and are done.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You could try Velour in the Venus Maitreya also to see how they work too..

A few skins will fit on there.. I just wasn't in world at the time to get to them and ITgirls was the most recent I had gotten and on the top of my head.. I can go though mine and get you a few more.. Just demo those for right now and I'll whip that up really quick of the ones that I have..

ETA: Actually I thought I had more than I did, I must have been thinking about my reborn body and skins..I'll have to shop around myself for a few more and demo what's out there. hehehe

ETA: I almost forgot.. If you use the Extras hud in the Erika folder.. There is a skins tab on there that will unpack a folder that have skins for the Erika heads and the body. I haven't tried them myself, but it's another option, if you haven't tried those anyways..

I have to try the skins that comes with Erika, not sure if are compatible with Lelutka, i just got the body yesterday so i still have to open all the extras that comes with it😄 

I've used Lara for years before switching to Reborn so i've plenty of skins to try out if they can work. I really hope Velour will add Erika for the Venus line, lately i'm only buying skins compatible with them but i just don't like Ipanema😅

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you don't already have something like this.

It can help with fingers and toes when your skin is messed up in those areas so you don't have to jump to a different skin if you don't want.

You can edit and tint these as well..

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SmitCo-BoM-Nail-Covers/21128569

Oh thank you! This should be really helpful 😉

• Like 1

I tried the demo, and I wanted to like it, I really did, because the curviness of the thighs and butt is absolutely beautiful. But even with deformers, the breasts are always big honking mommy milker bazongas at all times, and... eh, not really a fan of that. Maybe one day I'll give it another shot.

Edited by epiclolz

4 hours ago, epiclolz said:

I tried the demo, and I wanted to like it, I really did, because the curviness of the thighs and butt is absolutely beautiful. But even with deformers, the breasts are always big honking mommy milker bazongas at all times, and... eh, not really a fan of that. Maybe one day I'll give it another shot.

Have you tried it lately with the updates?

ERIKA Mesh Body (Petits Seins)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.