Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/30/2022 at 1:52 AM, Sissi Slacker said:

Official Kalhene Discord server seems to be neglected/abandoned at this point - spam links all over the place for like a week, designers asking for a creator role and still not getting it two weeks later. They really need at least a moderator. I'm not even surprised that Erika is not more popular if there is nobody to provide a bare minimum support for it.

Just so you know, it is not abandoned, she was afk for a period of time dealing with RL. I only saw one spammer in there, although they did hit every channel.   They've since been dealt with and things are rolling again :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diane Macbain said:

Just so you know, it is not abandoned, she was afk for a period of time dealing with RL.

Honestly that's good to know, but they still need some moderators to at least keep things in order whenever the creator is busy in RL (which is understandable).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

Aleutia is another good creator for Erika (though has dropped support lately, it seems), original mesh

Catalina Staheli | [Aleutia]

Yes, unfortunately I noticed that too on their latest releases. I used to buy a lot on that store just because of Erika.

• Like 3

The body has been updated to version 4.2. I just did a redelivery and I'm loving it. Now all the add-ons are included and there's lots of tintable shoes.

From Kalhene's Flickr:

ERIKA Mesh Body UPDATE V4.2 & 50%OFF!

ERIKA Mesh Body UPDATE V4.2 & 50%OFF!

ERIKA v4.2 & % Mainstore only! the closing date of the sale is not yet defined.

*After the sale ERIKA price will be increased from 2,995L$ to 3,499L$ since a lot of improvements, new options and features has been added in this new and previous updates. Thanks for your understanding

----------ERIKA Update v4.2-------

Mesh Body Add-Ons are now included and wearable via HUD with just one click! :

* Bubble Boobs Add-On

* Squeeze Legs Add-On

* Petite Waist Add-On

* Pe***** Seins Add-On

---Your will find some clothes for the Add-ons in the "Wardrobe" Box included in ERIKA Package---

-Improved HD Bento Vag*ina (Mesh & new textures). More detail and realism (Beware "A" content in the following link):

-Improved Pubic Hair with HD textures and added a color palette to set your own color (tintable)

-Added new full skin especially made for ERIKA Body & Lelutka Heads in different tones and modify/tintable ("Extras" box)

-Transgender Add-On includes all sizes in one attachment. You can change the size via HUD

-Improved and smoother Mesh Body Rigging

-Added many clothes and new Bodysuit in "Wardrobe" Box

-New HUD interface

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I was so tempted. But the designer support just isn't there.

Agreed. The designer needs to take a break from improvements to the body now that it seems to be in a good place, add-on wise, and really spend a few months networking with designers. Maybe offering partnerships/money splits/affiliates or trying to get into an event. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Nobody seems to make heads that suit these bodies well

My lelutka Evox heads fit really well on mine.. Many up to date popular mesh heads are made with the SL universal neck fitting, which makes it better for mesh body creators to work with..

The Erika body comes with a setting in the hud for the lelutka evox mesh head..

I do know that the genus head can be hard to line up with a body at times, because of their neck kind of pooching outward when you get close to the neck line.. But that head hasn't been updated since like 2019 maybe 2020..

There might be one of a few other issues going on with the neck line.. If you want to post up an image showing the problem, we might be able to help out.:)

• Like 3

On 11/16/2022 at 2:49 PM, AmeliaJ08 said:

Nobody seems to make heads that suit these bodies well

I had no problems with my Catwa HDPro head, or with Lelutka.

However, Kalhene also include its own heads actually in the pack with the body. I think there are three.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:36 PM, DemeraraGirl said:

Yes, unfortunately I noticed that too on their latest releases. I used to buy a lot on that store just because of Erika.

If you look at their flicker you can see they have patches where they leave Erika out in the past..

It's really always been kind of random with Aleutia.. I'm betting  a lot has to do with how much time they have to rig and get things out there, more than anything.. Because some items are rigged for like 7 bodies and some are rigged for maybe 4 or 5.. It really seems very random..

• Thanks 1

All I can say is WOW! I never had any interest in trying the Erika body. I've been quite happy with my Legacy, although there are things I don't like about that body. But this thread isn't about other bodies. 

Last night my sister told me she bought Erika for her alt. The price was fantastic (sale price $1495) and it has a lot of options. She came to show me what it looked like, and I have to say it looked way better than I thought it would. I had seen the mannequins when it first came out but went nah not for me. I am really glad she showed it to me!

As a curvy woman in RL I wanted a realistic looking curvy body for my av. The other curvy bodies on the market are far too exaggerated for my liking, so I wasn't able to shape them how I wanted. Legacy was the closest I could find, but it still wasn't it. Let me just say that when I got the Erika demo and put it on with my shape I was blown away! FINALLY a body that is just what I was looking for. I don't really care about the extra stuff for sex, I am not in SL for that, but nice to have for those that would use it. And it's great that it includes a starter wardrobe. The body itself is absolutely beautiful, and I love that I can adjust it how I want using the deformers along with the hud. 

Of course the only drawback is the lack of support. I hope it will start picking up. This body is amazing, and it's very apparent that the creator cares, seeing it is regularly updated to keep up with the latest trends, unlike some. I finally feel like me in this body. I'll keep wearing it, even if my Erika closet is a little empty at the moment. Thank you @Claudia Urdaneta for your awesome body! 🤩💜👏🏼🙌🏼

• Like 8

On 11/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, Raven Salty said:

All I can say is WOW! I never had any interest in trying the Erika body. I've been quite happy with my Legacy, although there are things I don't like about that body. But this thread isn't about other bodies. 

Last night my sister told me she bought Erika for her alt. The price was fantastic (sale price $1495) and it has a lot of options. She came to show me what it looked like, and I have to say it looked way better than I thought it would. I had seen the mannequins when it first came out but went nah not for me. I am really glad she showed it to me!

As a curvy woman in RL I wanted a realistic looking curvy body for my av. The other curvy bodies on the market are far too exaggerated for my liking, so I wasn't able to shape them how I wanted. Legacy was the closest I could find, but it still wasn't it. Let me just say that when I got the Erika demo and put it on with my shape I was blown away! FINALLY a body that is just what I was looking for. I don't really care about the extra stuff for sex, I am not in SL for that, but nice to have for those that would use it. And it's great that it includes a starter wardrobe. The body itself is absolutely beautiful, and I love that I can adjust it how I want using the deformers along with the hud. 

Of course the only drawback is the lack of support. I hope it will start picking up. This body is amazing, and it's very apparent that the creator cares, seeing it is regularly updated to keep up with the latest trends, unlike some. I finally feel like me in this body. I'll keep wearing it, even if my Erika closet is a little empty at the moment. Thank you @Claudia Urdaneta for your awesome body! 🤩💜👏🏼🙌🏼

I didn't  realize until tonight how much the hud has improved with this body.. All the things  just in the hud alone.. 

You have, The squishy bewbies,, The thigh squeezers, The petite waist, The petite bewbies.. All hud based without an attach point used, other than the one for the hud..

That's awesome..  So you buy the body and one of the best prices there is for everything you get and don't have to go buying all those addons, let alone have to wear any of them.. just click a button and go..hehehe

I got all excited the moment I heard someone say that in the group.. I had to catch my breath for a moment there.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I didn't  realize until tonight how much the hud has improved with this body.. All the things  just in the hud alone.. 

You have, The squishy bewbies,, The thigh squeezers, The petite waist, The petite bewbies.. All hud based without an attach point used, other than the one for the hud..

That's awesome..  So you buy the body and one of the best prices there is for everything you get and don't have to go buying all those addons, let alone have to wear any of them.. just click a button and go..hehehe

I got all excited the moment I heard someone say that in the group.. I had to catch my breath for a moment there.. hehehe

Yes it's amazing. I really can't understand why this body isn't at the top of the popular bodies list. People don't know what they're missing! 😁

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Raven Salty said:

Yes it's amazing. I really can't understand why this body isn't at the top of the popular bodies list. People don't know what they're missing! 😁

Ya, the creator behind it, is as on time as it gets..I take that back and do one better.. They are, Ahead of time as it gets..

3rd party creators really need to start taking a look at this body again and see just how good of a body it is and worth supporting.. Because It's very versatile and dripping at the seams with features..  I'm still not giving up on this body pulling it off and drawing them in at some point.. It's right at the cusp of taking off, it just needs that little bump.

It has a lot of creators behind it already.. We just need the wider variety of items and *BOOM!* We're off to the races.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, the creator behind it, is as on time as it gets..I take that back and do one better.. They are, Ahead of time as it gets..

3rd party creators really need to start taking a look at this body again and see just how good of a body it is and worth supporting.. Because It's very versatile and dripping at the seams with features..  I'm still not giving up on this body pulling it off and drawing them in at some point.. It's right at the cusp of taking off, it just needs that little bump.

It has a lot of creators behind it already.. We just need the wider variety of items and *BOOM!* We're off to the races.. hehehe

9 hours ago, Raven Salty said:

I exclusively wear Erika because of all the features it comes with, and it’s very natural shape. I got so spoiled with it that I assumed it was the norm, went and purchased the legacy during a 50% off sale, opened that hud, and was crushed by how limited it was despite being so expensive. I switched back immediately and haven’t really touched my legacy since. I also didn’t like how the hud would always open after login and sometimes the buttons wouldn’t respond. :/

I shop the weekend sales almost every week and I manage to always buy a cart full of stuff for Erika. It’s all about looking closely (also the Mix weekend sale tends to never disappoint). 

I definitely don’t see it as a dead body. If there were a popular tier list for female mesh bodies I’d say kupra, legacy, and reborn would be A, signature Alice and slink bodies would be C, and the GenX and Erika would be B. This body has potential to take over the market, like Maitreya once did, all it needs is that extra push. 

• Like 3

Once I see the innovative and fashion forward folks designing for Erika (e.g., Mimikri, Ecru, Neve, Maiva) and some of the really good value regulars like Hilly, I'll take another look at the body. As long as I can sculpt it to realistic proportions (8:1 artist ratio) with B/C breasts and hips/tush that don't look like Kupra, I might switch.

And that is a cute top, @Stephanie Misfit!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

The body has a lot going for it feature wise, but looking through their Flickr developer/new releases pool (I'll link it below - I forgot if it's been linked already), I'm not seeing a huge amount of clothing variety. Plenty of dresses and skirts, but they're super, super short. Shoe variety seems okay.

Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body - Designers&Creators Releases (ADS Only)

Overall, though, I see mostly casual, lingerie, and clubwear, which is totally normal and every body has all of that, except I can't find anything I'd personally wear. Formal and informal goth outfits, punk, streetwear, evening gowns (don't ask - I wear them on some avatars way more than I should for situations that don't even remotely call for it), elaborate costumes and fantasy outfits (this is huge for me), rompers and jumpers, retro/vintage (especially rockabilly), boho, business/business casual, cyberpunk, steampunk...on and on and on. I know where to shop all of that currently, but the sizes don't typically include Erika.

This is sort of the same thing I'm seeing with Gen X as well, though they're still really early in development and stores are still requesting dev kits. 

In a way, it makes sense, as designers surely can't rig for everything. Unfortunately, it does tend to keep me locked into Maitreya for the wardrobe variety alone (especially on the fantasy side), at least for now.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The body has a lot going for it feature wise, but looking through their Flickr developer/new releases pool (I'll link it below - I forgot if it's been linked already), I'm not seeing a huge amount of clothing variety. Plenty of dresses and skirts, but they're super, super short. Shoe variety seems okay.

I'm okay rocking a miniskirt, heels, and nice sweater top from time to time, but short can't be the entire wardrobe. That's why I'm waiting.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I'm okay rocking a miniskirt, heels, and nice sweater top from time to time, but short can't be the entire wardrobe. That's why I'm waiting.

There's short, and then there's short. I am absolutely no stranger to fetish wear both in and out of SL and in no way a conservative dresser 24/7 - especially in SL, so it pains me to say this but...dem outfits r way 2 short. Like, butt short. 😂 And so much of it is like that.

And skirts like that are a pain to layer properly (I don't rock much BOM), otherwise I'd just toss something under there and try to make it a ruffly belt! 

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

@Ayashe Ninetails- give some BOM tights/leggings a try. They are my go-to in SL for dealing with all the too-short dresses. C'est La Vie has some good ones.

Thanks! It's not a problem I run into often in my regular body, but it seems almost necessary to do that to be able to swap to anything newer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PookieTM said:

I exclusively wear Erika because of all the features it comes with, and it’s very natural shape. I got so spoiled with it that I assumed it was the norm, went and purchased the legacy during a 50% off sale, opened that hud, and was crushed by how limited it was despite being so expensive. I switched back immediately and haven’t really touched my legacy since. I also didn’t like how the hud would always open after login and sometimes the buttons wouldn’t respond. :/

I shop the weekend sales almost every week and I manage to always buy a cart full of stuff for Erika. It’s all about looking closely (also the Mix weekend sale tends to never disappoint). 

I definitely don’t see it as a dead body. If there were a popular tier list for female mesh bodies I’d say kupra, legacy, and reborn would be A, signature Alice and slink bodies would be C, and the GenX and Erika would be B. This body has potential to take over the market, like Maitreya once did, all it needs is that extra push. 

It's definitely not a dead body by no means.. As I said in my last post, I feel it's right on the cusp of taking off..

In fact it's bumped up two spots on the list.. it got knocked down to 43 last month with around 640 or so wearers, but has jumped up two spots to 41 since then and has gained almost another 100 wearers.. It's always  kind of sat  in that 630, 640 area.. 100 wearer gain is a good gain and a good sign for a body that has been sitting in the same spot for the past 6 months..

It's doing everything right as far as what a body needs from the creator side itself and more.. It just needs more attention from the 3rd party creators and the existing creators to get it over the hump and make more variety for it to open it up to a wider audience..

Popularity wise, I would put Erika on the B list and Belleza way down trying to get on the letter list.. Belleza split their customers by putting out two bodies. Let alone the high price for it is gonna slow it down even more..

It's a big catch 22 for a body gaining popularity..The key for a body to move up is the amount of users which triggers more creators to create for it.. The sad thing is, a lot of creators get asked if they are going to rig for something and one of the biggest things I hear is, if it gets more popular..

They are a big factor in things getting more popular.. It's not good if a creator say's, I'm waiting on other creators to make it more popular before I start to create things for it. unfortunately, those sitting and waiting on other creators to make something popular, are the ones we need for Erika..

If or once, Erika can trigger those creators, is when it's gonna move up even more..That might take some time still, but it's possible..

Erika is right there knocking at the door.. They just have to knock a little louder to get them out of the bed and answering the door. hehehehe

• Like 4

I'm disappointed that the latest update has got rid of all the modifyable wardrobe items and switched all the new outfits back to no-mod. It was only the modifyable basics that were keeping me wearing the body at all. I guess I can keep them, but its a huge disappointment that the variety of new releases that come with the body are no-mod.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.