Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

One of which is not even an "argument" - just someone trying to maintain their mask in the last place that still believes it/condones it.

I have no mask. I simply hate power abuse, and will confront it when I see it.  I don't like to see a bunch of people ganging up on one because it's not fair.

I really don't think you have any concept of what power is, or what an abuse of power is. If power is there you just take it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

My take...if a DJ is posing as a host to get more money AND deceiving others in order to achieve this goal....they're a greedy asshat.

It's true. I can definitely agree with that. But the original claims of it being fraud and such... that's where the actual problem is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:

You quoted me to push your agenda, I'm not okay with that. 

Have a lovely day as well.

No, Storii, I quoted you to respond to your post. Beginning and end.

And yes, I have enough of an issue with people inserting their own ideas/narrative. imaginings into my responses that they get a response back to correct them - once.

That concludes my responding on the nonexistent tangent.

Edited by Solar Legion

7 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My take...if a DJ is posing as a host to get more money AND deceiving others in order to achieve this goal....they're a greedy asshat.

It's true. I can definitely agree with that. But the original claims of it being fraud and such... that's where the actual problem is.

I agree, it's not fraud by the legal definition -- but I don't believe he's meaning to define the term in a legal sense. It's this 2nd definition that causes me to believe his accusation has merit: 

"a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities"

Here is the definition:
fraud
/frôd/

noun
noun: fraud; plural noun: frauds
  1. wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
    "he was convicted of fraud"
    h
    Similar:
    fraudulence

sharp practice

cheating

swindling

trickery

artifice

deceit

deception

double-dealing

duplicity

treachery

chicanery

skulduggery

imposture

embezzlement

monkey business

funny business

crookedness

hanky-panky

shenanigans

flimflam

jiggery-pokery

monkeyshines

management

knavery

trick

cheat

hoax

subterfuge

stratagem

wile

ruse

swindle

racket

scam

con

con trick

rip-off

leg-pull

sting

gyp

kite

diddle

fiddle

swizzle

bunco

boondoggle

hustle

grift

rort

• a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
    "mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds"
    h
    Similar:
    impostor

fake

sham

pretender

hoodwinker

Edited by Luna Bliss

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I agree, it's not fraud by the legal definition -- but I don't believe he's meaning to define the term in a legal sense. It's this 2nd definition that causes me to believe his accusation has merit: 

"a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities"

His original argument though was people who are DJing having an alt come in as host and ask for tips. And land owners asking for tips. Which isn't against the TOS and I suppose it would only be fraud if they were to say "Hey, no, I'm not also the DJ."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

His original argument though was people who are DJing having an alt come in as host and ask for tips. And land owners asking for tips. Which isn't against the TOS and I suppose it would only be fraud if they were to say "Hey, no, I'm not also the DJ."

I think he's defining fraud in terms of what LL would or would not want, and believing LL would not want some residents to be deceiving others.

So the TOS is not his only consideration, if at all.

Edited by Luna Bliss

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Being an asshat is not against ToS so...

And shame on whomever said white knight out loud.  Was it said 3 times?  See what happens!?!?

Oh go trash dyslexic people some more....you're so good at it..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think he's defining fraud in terms of what LL would or would not want, and believing LL would not want some residents to be deceiving others.

So the TOS is not his only consideration, if at all.

If you would actually read and decipher what he has written, he's advocating for a tool in the viewers which will allow everyone to match UUID and IP addresses so that you know who the alts are and if they are the DJ and host.  NO ONE wants that, ever.  The rest of the rambling has to do with the DJ and host committing fraud.  You are not promised anything when you tip someone so I'm not sure how fraud could factor into it.   Questionable?   Maybe, maybe not but no one has to tip anyone.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

f you would actually read and decipher what he has written, he's advocating for a tool in the viewers which will allow everyone to match UUID and IP addresses so that you know who the alts are and if they are the DJ and host.  NO ONE wants that, ever.

Yeah, I think everyone made it clear they don't want that. Is there some reason we need to keep discussing it?

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The rest of the rambling has to do with the DJ and host committing fraud.  You are not promised anything when you tip someone so I'm not sure how fraud could factor into it.   Questionable?   Maybe, maybe not but no one has to tip anyone.

Yeah, people made it clear what legal fraud is and what falls within the TOS.  Emotionally, he feels he's been deceived. Some have expressed they agree with him on that aspect. Ok.

Why do we need to keep discussing it?

Do we need to hammer him to a cross or burn him alive before the thread can end or something?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah, I think everyone made it clear they don't want that. Is there some reason we need to keep discussing it?

Yeah, people made it clear what legal fraud is and what falls within the TOS.  Emotionally, he feels he's been deceived. Some have expressed they agree with him on that aspect. Ok.

Why do we need to keep discussing it?

Do we need to hammer him to a cross or burn him alive before the thread can end or something?

Why are you here?

Some people just can't admit when they're wrong and keep stating the same misconceptions over and over.  If he would stop making false statements, people would stop responding to them.  

But anyway, now would be the time for @Silent Mistwalker's definition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Why are you here?

Some people just can't admit when they're wrong and keep stating the same misconceptions over and over.  If he would stop making false statements, people would stop responding to them. 

So you feel the need to force him to admit he's wrong?  I mean I might get into that if these were world-shattering issues we were trying to right. But tipping indiscretions and confusion about deception vs fraud?

Sometimes it's best to just ignore it when:

wrong on the forum.png

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So you feel the need to force him to admit he's wrong?  I mean I might get into that if these were world-shattering issues we were trying to right. But tipping indiscretions and confusion about deception vs fraud?

Sometimes it's best to just ignore it when:

wrong on the forum.png

Probably will regret this-

The OP has a history of posting unintelligible near conspiracy theory opinions.

They get called out for proof & the OP drags anyone willing to go (hey I went too) down a fantastical voyage of goobidly gunk that makes little sense.

That’s not crucifying anyone. 
We can all sit here & theorize what we want to believe what OP believes, but they never clarify- OP just tosses more tangents on.  

I think he’s having a good laugh at us all.  Which maybe we all should do & make the most of our Mondays 😃

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

The OP has a history of posting unintelligible near conspiracy theory opinions.

They get called out for proof & the OP drags anyone willing to go (hey I went too) down a fantastical voyage of goobidly gunk that makes little sense.

That’s not crucifying anyone. 
We can all sit here & theorize what we want to believe what OP believes, but they never clarify- OP just tosses more tangents on.  

I think he’s having a good laugh at us all.  Which maybe we all should do & make the most of our Mondays 😃

I think he might indeed be having a good laugh at us, yes.

My take, as a person with dyslexia (admitted mid-thread, btw) he saw how the Bullyomites on the "are we too nice thread" hammered the woman with dyslexia, and so he's having some fun with those same people coming after him on this thread. Just a theory.

I think it's all gone on long enough. Best to just ignore now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

It is one of the few times I'll actually nitpick more openly ... A White Knight as it pertains to Message Boards and other, more or less similar venues, if a bit more than the definition you've presented and is almost always a negative archetype.

They look for "someone in need of saving" with no regard to the other person's wishes or the reality of the situation - does the person actually need someone to "defend" them? More often than not, such a person actually makes things worse.

This .... isn't White Knighting. It's Tilting at Windmills at best.

Quick ETA: I only nitpick on this one to prevent the overuse of the wrong term.

I've seen him do this time and time again. I know what he is doing. It starts with tilting. He's just warming up.

The only difference this time is he is trying to claim a whole group of people  have been duped instead of an individual. Those people do not need defending.

I had to work with this guy in IW for a while. I've seen him in action before.

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I 'Don Quixoted' him on page 1.  

And without going back and looking I think I hit the like or thanks on that post. Because at that point it was still just tilting. It's gone beyond that now, based on what I, personally, know about him.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.