How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

21 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Anything besides black leather would be fine with me!

Would love to see! Do you have a pic with your avi?

No. I'll have to get one later, Cinny has one already posted.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

^^ I need to wear this hair more often!

Oh wow, so cool. The RL one must be really nice. There was this guy where I used to work, he showed us he had a mongoose and a snake fighting on his back. That makes me itchy just thinking about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry, this is not an Adult Forum so I can only show the "top" part of the wings.

An old pic from 2018. Cropped to not show wings showing through trashed jeans.

Jake BakesOnMesh Wings! With Jeans cropped 20180407.jpg

LOVE your wings! Prettier and bigger than mine, I also have an angel wings tattoo on my back. I took that one, also in SL, after a character in one of my novels who also has a similar tattoo.

In the William Blake room

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/4/2023 at 11:23 PM, Bagnu said:

I've tried local mesh. never worked for me. Uploading did though.  Lod refers to the detail you see at different distances. Close up, more detail, far away, less detail.

So under LOD Swap. FS column would say a mesh object would disintegrates at 14.5 meters under High-Med, 57.8 meters under Med-Low, and 115.6 meters under Low-Lwst?

I haven't figure out what to do with the num triangles; high at 49K, medium at 48, low at 12?  Man, I need a ELI5 explaination. 😂

13 hours ago, archangel969 said:

You are so brave to try Blender! I just get a headache only from thinking about using that tool 🙂

I got a headache on my first attempts and gave up. Then I decided to give it another go and attending the first class inworld helped a lot in getting me comfortable with the basic navigation. So far I managed to create a simple cube. I'm nowhere near intermediate level yet. I found some free dae files of furniture on a website to mess around with. I hope to one day learn how to reduce the mesh weight.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oddly, that is the picture I use for many RL profiles, even as the background on my phone. 

Wow. I'll have to give that band a listen. Can you post a few links of their top songs or maybe put some youtube vids in the@Derekmate music topic? I haven't heard of them I'd love to hear their best songs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

So under LOD Swap. FS column would say a mesh object would disintegrates at 14.5 meters under High-Med, 57.8 meters under Med-Low, and 115.6 meters under Low-Lwst?

I haven't figure out what to do with the num triangles; high at 49K, medium at 48, low at 12?  Man, I need a ELI5 explaination. 😂

I got a headache on my first attempts and gave up. Then I decided to give it another go and attending the first class inworld helped a lot in getting me comfortable with the basic navigation. So far I managed to create a simple cube. I'm nowhere near intermediate level yet. I found some free dae files of furniture on a website to mess around with. I hope to one day learn how to reduce the mesh weight.

Mesh weight is a big issue. You can try optimizing your mesh in blender. 

Your high and medium are very close.  Try with something smaller in medium. Try some trial and error to see the effects on the visual and LI.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I wish the default LOD for a viewer was 4.000. The lower settings only show 1.25 where I can't see any low LOD things from across the room. I need a cane to stop bumping into things. The only way is to go in manually on the viewer menu Advanced - Show Debug Settings - then type "RenderVolumeLODFactor" into the box, "rendervol" will get you there. Then change the number to 4.000 so I don't keep stumbling around blindly on things like a drunk. Most things will show at a 2.000 viewer LOD setting, but that's the default for Ultra, which is usually too boggy to use for anything other than taking pictures. The problem objects are usually individual objects like cars and low prim stuff like from Prim Possible. It's usually not a scenery problem. I respect creators who have a high LOD, it's annoying to buy a new car and not be able to see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cirleen said:

I wish the default LOD for a viewer was 4.000. The lower settings only show 1.25 where I can't see any low LOD things from across the room. I need a cane to stop bumping into things. The only way is to go in manually on the viewer menu Advanced - Show Debug Settings - then type "RenderVolumeLODFactor" into the box, "rendervol" will get you there. Then change the number to 4.000 so I don't keep stumbling around blindly on things like a drunk. Most things will show at a 2.000 viewer LOD setting, but that's the default for Ultra, which is usually too boggy to use for anything other than taking pictures. The problem objects are usually individual objects like cars and low prim stuff like from Prim Possible. It's usually not a scenery problem. I respect creators who have a high LOD, it's annoying to buy a new car and not be able to see it.

I find if the LOD is too high, it disintegrates at a distance.  But my default setting is one notch below max.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I find if the LOD is too high, it disintegrates at a distance.  But my default setting is one notch below max.

The perils of the Linden Viewer. I remember being able to set default LOD when I used Firestorm. I like the LL viewer, no updates, no unnecessary computer processes, it just works, computer runs cool, but it's not as convenient as Firestorm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cirleen said:

The perils of the Linden Viewer. I remember being able to set default LOD when I used Firestorm. I like the LL viewer, no updates, no unnecessary computer processes, it just works, computer runs cool, but it's not as convenient as Firestorm.

The LL viewer would be totally useless for me and Cat. It doesn't support RLV.  We can't function without it. I've spent many hours setting up RLV folders,  and helping my wife with hers. An update just takes a few mins. It's essential for us. We both use FS, so it's easier for me to help her with things.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I stopped after 3 or 4, with 15+ albums it's hard to choose.

Oh I love Ready Steady Go the best , they're all good. I looked up the lyrics, they're easy to relate to, and the videos are amazing. I keep an open mind to music & don't care if I understand the words. I just posted a song in the @Derekmate topic. It's in Russian, I don't speak Russian but it's one of my favorite songs. I tagged it there for you. Thanks!

I just heard Hyde Lion and 虹, those are really good, thanks for sharing!

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cirleen said:

I didn't mean financially rich, I meant rich with fulfillment in life. If you didn't know, I'm giving away free Saint titles. Saint Sandor, it has a ring to it. You must have a pair a pair of wings tucked away somewhere, don't you? Can we see them?

You wanted wings??? You got wings!!!...and leather...and chains....

Sandor Wings2.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You wanted wings??? You got wings!!!...and leather...and chains....

Sandor Wings2.png

Not bad, ok, so you earned your Simon Templar title. Now you need a motorcycle and please put some pants on.
If you have cloven feet, forget the motorcycle.

• Like 1

EMPTY! Well, not any more. I'll explain...

Today I logged in and all was well with the world. Yesterday, after setting the return time for other people's objects, I was surprised that almost all of my skybox and contents were returned to me. The reason may have been because I created most of it when not using the group tag for the group-owned land, but I redid it and it's mostly back to how it was.

Today I logged in and for some reason that I forget, I TPed to my little store below. It wasn't there! I hadn't thought of it but almost all of it had also been returned to me yesterday. Only a few tiny bits remained. Hence EMPTY! It came in coalesced objects so I hadn't realised that the store had gone as well.

I spent a couple of hours putting it all back and setting it all up, and now it is all back to normal - I think :S

• Like 5