How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

2 hours ago, cirleen said:

Not bad, ok, so you earned your Simon Templar title. Now you need a motorcycle and please put some pants on.
If you have cloven feet, forget the motorcycle.

No cloven hoofs, and yes I have a motorcycle. I'll do that later. LOL, it's not often a woman asks me to put pants ON. But these ARE the forums....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

EMPTY! Well, not any more. I'll explain...

Today I logged in and all was well with the world. Yesterday, after setting the return time for other people's objects, I was surprised that almost all of my skybox and contents were returned to me. The reason may have been because I created most of it when not using the group tag for the group-owned land, but I redid it and it's mostly back to how it was.

Today I logged in and for some reason that I forget, I TPed to my little store below. It wasn't there! I hadn't thought of it but almost all of it had also been returned to me yesterday. Only a few tiny bits remained. Hence EMPTY! It came in coalesced objects so I hadn't realised that the store had gone as well.

I spent a couple of hours putting it all back and setting it all up, and now it is all back to normal - I think :S

Were they in lost and found, or simply back in inventory?  Cat and I have had things suddenly disappear, and land parts I terraformed reverted. The landowner we pay our tier fees to, explained that sometimes LL has to restore a region to it's previous state for various reasons. He also advised us not to work on our Island on Tuesdays, prior to a region restart, as we might find all our work has simply been undone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

You knew I wouldn't be able to read this without logging in to comment didn't you?

Although I am months younger, you make me feel like a teenager.

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

So under LOD Swap. FS column would say a mesh object would disintegrates at 14.5 meters under High-Med, 57.8 meters under Med-Low, and 115.6 meters under Low-Lwst?

I haven't figure out what to do with the num triangles; high at 49K, medium at 48, low at 12?  Man, I need a ELI5 explaination. 😂

I got a headache on my first attempts and gave up. Then I decided to give it another go and attending the first class inworld helped a lot in getting me comfortable with the basic navigation. So far I managed to create a simple cube. I'm nowhere near intermediate level yet. I found some free dae files of furniture on a website to mess around with. I hope to one day learn how to reduce the mesh weight.

3D modeling for real-time games gets complicated. In the 2012 era when mesh was being added to SL the Lab was still fanatically devoted to getting better performance. At the time they were explaining what was being done and why. Residents were figuring out how to use that information and how to stretch things to do what they wanted to accomplish.

So, we got posts like this thread:

Finding the information is a bit of an esoteric skill... So, I've made it easier for you muggles. 😄

Drongle gets into the Scuplty vs Mesh debate. @Bagnu

PLEASE take the mesh discussions outside this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

That's what you get when you are too tired to read a book after a day's work: I then start fiddling with Photoshop and SL 🙂

I continued with the black-and-white theme, but this is more 'Ludwig' than 'La dolce vita' in terms of the time/dress. I suddenly thought: I want Ciroline dresses!

Setting: boardwalk by Liberty harbour, Erasmus park.

The statue is Mercury and Psyche by Dutch sculptor Adriaen de Vries from 1593. The original is in the Louvre, Paris.

Snapshot_20812085330_005.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 11

22 hours ago, cirleen said:

The only way is to go in manually on the viewer menu Advanced - Show Debug Settings - then type "RenderVolumeLODFactor" into the box, "rendervol" will get you there. Then change the number to 4.000

You're not using Firestorm?  That setting is or can be put into your quick preferences for easy access.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

It was all in Lost and Found.

Then they WERE returned.  The problem is you weren't wearing the right group tag, and you set the parcel  to autoreturn.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cirleen said:

Not bad, ok, so you earned your Simon Templar title. Now you need a motorcycle and please put some pants on.
If you have cloven feet, forget the motorcycle.

Cirleen, you know I AM just doing this to....Cinny...are you rolling your eyes AGAIN? I didn't even finish my sentence!!!

Gianni on Motorbike2.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're clearly asking the wrong women. 😏

LOL, I'm not asking. I am simply pointing out.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, archangel969 said:

That's what you get when you are too tired to read a book after a day's work: I then start fiddling with Photoshop and SL 🙂

I continued with the black-and-white theme, but this is more 'Ludwig' than 'La dolce vita' in terms of the time/dress. I suddenly thought: I want Ciroline dresses!

Setting: boardwalk by Liberty harbour, Erasmus park.

The statue is Mercury and Psyche by Dutch sculptor Adriaen de Vries from 1593. The original is in the Louvre, Paris.

Snapshot_20812085330_005.png

This is 'the making of' the Sissy-Ludwig-style photo of the ladies in crinoline at Liberty bay.
Basically just as you write stories and assemble your characters based on all sorts of people you know, the ladies are composed. I pasted the body of the left lady under that of the right lady (otherwise she was in her underskirt 🙂 and I gave the left lady the middle dress. Sometimes it's fun to play a bit of Frankenstein! LOL.

Snapshot_20812085334_001_making of.png

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Then they WERE returned.  The problem is you weren't wearing the right group tag, and you set the parcel  to autoreturn.

Yes they were, and I thought that that was probably the reason. I rarely change the active group so, in all my years, I don't remember ever having had the problem before.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're not using Firestorm?  That setting is or can be put into your quick preferences for easy access.

I like Linden viewer, it never glitches, the computer runs cooler, I don't need most of the extra settings that Firestorm runs, but a higher LOD and derendering would be helpful.

Edited by cirleen
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Cirleen, you know I AM just doing this to....Cinny...are you rolling your eyes AGAIN? I didn't even finish my sentence!!!

Gianni on Motorbike2.png

That is such a good picture, I love it. Did your wings get blown away in the wind? Never wear feathers while driving.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Gianni on Motorbike2.png

Do you keep parachutes in your saddle bags?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Do you keep parachutes in your saddle bags?

No, just emergency supplies,  You know, extra "collars" and "toys".  I have to be prepared, you know. And a pair of nylons, in case my wife get's a run.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Or do you like to lend my umbrella?

Angelus Poppins arriving at Chelsea's

I love that picture and hope the umbrella stays afloat. The need for an umbrella or parachute depends on who's driving. I always give parachutes to all my passengers. Either that or tell them to close their eyes.

Oh, @archangel969, we went to see that Jinn Pow Kinn store, I might get that hat with goggles, it would go with anything or maybe even try a steampunk outfit. Thanks!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/79019

Studio 002

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2