How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

On 1/29/2023 at 1:42 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Look for an active gesture that's being triggered by some signal that the AO is sending.

We tried that. She couldn't find any Gesture that made her lean forward. Any other suggestions?

My current building obsession, which is where I'm spending most of my time lately.  I haven't yet come up for air.  That danged roof is too high in LI, so I'm throwing it through a prim-to-mesh converter to drag it down... and considering firing up Blender.  Again.  I last ragequit it about 9 months ago, so it may be time.

House 2 - Front Porch.png

• Like 12

• Moles

Please remember the Community Guidelines that apply to these forums.  In particular

• No Flaming: "Flames" are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Preview of the build I've been working on.

I was going to invite @Patch Lindenhere for some greedy, to spend the second hour with him that I won from the auctions at WinterExpo. Released him of his obligations though, he's had enough to deal with lately.

Game area_002.png

Edited by Skyler Pancake
Edited for less snark and then cause I stupidly left interface showing like a noob.
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Bagnu said:

We tried that. She couldn't find any Gesture that made her lean forward. Any other suggestions?

Hmmm.... That was my best shot, too. That sort of problem often turns out to be a conflict between scripts or gestures. It's possible that she is wearing something else (a newly-acquired article of clothing or a HUD) that is conflicting.  The way to find out it to start removing things one at a time until the problem stops. The only other thing that occurs to me is that the AO itself may have been corrupted.  Try detaching it and wearing the backup copy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since Jan 15th, I have defeated over 29,000 different mobs... phew, I have no first life.  

Snapshot_543.thumb.png.f6c898dffba0675fcfabb2262a9a1ceb.png

Today has looked pretty much the same as it has for the past two weeks, fighting my way through a variety of mobs, slowly approaching my next level.  I have accumulated a few toys along the way, including the green radar which works pretty well. Right now I am fighting goblins 👺 They keep on respawning back though 🤣😵 I think the dungeon is rigged I tells ya! 🙃

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hmmm.... That was my best shot, too. That sort of problem often turns out to be a conflict between scripts or gestures. It's possible that she is wearing something else (a newly-acquired article of clothing or a HUD) that is conflicting.  The way to find out it to start removing things one at a time until the problem stops. The only other thing that occurs to me is that the AO itself may have been corrupted.  Try detaching it and wearing the backup copy.

Thanks for trying to help us. We found a solution tonight. She got a redelivery of all the AO's she got at that inworld store,and deleted all of her old ones. All three were doing it. it was odd, because the new ones did the same thing, until she detached and reattached them a few times. She did that with the old ones too, but it didn't help.  Hopefully it won't start again when she logs back in. She didn't log out and back in tonight. The weird thing too, was that the leaning was happening at an increasing rate. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Since Jan 15th, I have defeated over 29,000 different mobs... phew, I have no first life.  

Today has looked pretty much the same as it has for the past two weeks, fighting my way through a variety of mobs, slowly approaching my next level.  I have accumulated a few toys along the way, including the green radar which works pretty well. Right now I am fighting goblins 👺 They keep on respawning back though 🤣😵 I think the dungeon is rigged I tells ya! 🙃

Whaaaat?!?! Where is this? I'm interested!! 😮

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Istelathis said:

GCS!!!  That's some quality entertainment right there :D  I'm right behind you at Level 61, although I mostly battle the undead.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spryth said:

Whaaaat?!?! Where is this? I'm interested!! 😮

Grimly's Bloodbath & Beyond

It is a really fun area to play with around with their GCS game, there are two different themes that I am aware of which consist of a lower level, that is an urban environment that you fight a variety of different zombies and complete quests which can be challenging.  There is also a full region sized area elevated above it, which has a fantasy theme with it's own quests and the mobs are fantasy based.  The fantasy theme is less populated, but my favorite area, it also has a variety of quests available, some repeatable.  

3 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

GCS!!!  That's some quality entertainment right there :D  I'm right behind you at Level 61, although I mostly battle the undead.

I spend a lot of time fighting the zombies as well 🙃 I just recently purchased their spaz shotgun to try to keep in theme of the urban combat.  Yesterday I was wandering through their sewer's in search of Molly's parents for a quest (I think it is Molly) and had a blast when I entered a room with a ton of different zombies which spawned in on me and was quickly overcome as I did my best to find anything that would count toward the quest.  

• Like 5

Today I am exploring a new (to me) GCS enabled region, Misty Wells.  It is an absolutely gorgeous setting, which I could flood pictures into this thread with 🥰🙃  They have their own website, which goes over a bit of the lore for the area which I found to be pretty cool.  

Snapshot_546.thumb.png.0e8d968ae9bcf56e3dda641911acac97.png

Snapshot_547.thumb.png.a78ea91fc53f8777645607c68c7feb9f.png

I know I am going to get a ton of screenshots here and I just have started exploring the area.   In this area, I am considered level one in GCS, which is good because I look forward to the challenge.  I haven't encountered any mobs yet, although there is a teleporter near the entrance that I believe leads to the quests.  For now I am just soaking in all of the sights and appreciating a very well put together region.  

I look forward to later finding some quests, and perhaps reading a bit more regarding this area.

Gems like this are why I love SL so much, there is always something tucked away that I had no idea existed.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

My current building obsession, which is where I'm spending most of my time lately.  I haven't yet come up for air.  That danged roof is too high in LI, so I'm throwing it through a prim-to-mesh converter to drag it down... and considering firing up Blender.  Again.  I last ragequit it about 9 months ago, so it may be time.

House 2 - Front Porch.png

Wow Ajay, that looks so realistic.  Love it!

• Like 3

This last snowy month at Dutch estate I placed in the old mill framed pics and a drawing from 1963 when the 'hell of 1963' was skated, one of the three of the 'Elfstedentocht (West Frisian: Alvestêdetocht, English: Eleven cities tour) of the last 50 years.

The Elfstedentocht of 1963 became known as "The hell of '63" when only 69 of the 10,000 participants were able to finish the race, due to the extremely low temperatures of -18 °C, powder snow and a harsh eastern wind. Conditions were so horrendous that the 1963 winner, Reinier Paping, became a national hero, and the tour itself legendary. Paping could not make out the finishing line as he was snow blind by the end of the race, and many of the contestants had frostbite, broken limbs, and damaged eyes.

elfstedentocht_1963_3.jpg

52518459527_44928093d7_o.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 13