How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

45 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I wanted to embed the video not post a link. Yes, the image is as intended.

I've seen Youtube links automatically embed when you post a link. I haven't seen the same for other site sources. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I've seen Youtube links automatically embed when you post a link. I haven't seen the same for other site sources. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong.

I think I can do YouTube ok, I just paste the link.

Edited to add: That is a Whiskey Monday build, not mine. She had it open to the public and I created 4 avatars and did that.

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did anyone suggest (or did you think of) de-rendering the objects? I think it's a Firestorm viewer feature. You would never see them again.

I did, and this works. But my land is open to public (and a second Life destination) and this is not the view I would like my visitors to have (derendering only works for myself I suppose). I guess it's part of living in Mainland: there are no rules here,, which I support, because that's Mainland and if you begin with rules, where does it end? And the second thing is that because I have a Dutch themed land, it makes it more difficult in this environment. Because The Netherlands are a flat country with a far horizon. No mountains that could hide objects of neighbours that do not fit in the 'Dutch country life' theme.

Maybe I could go to the skye also and make a skybox of it. I am still thinking of a solution. But first I will invite the neighbours to tea :-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, archangel969 said:

I did, and this works. But my land is open to public (and a second Life destination) and this is not the view I would like my visitors to have (derendering only works for myself I suppose). I guess it's part of living in Mainland: there are no rules here,, which I support, because that's Mainland and if you begin with rules, where does it end? And the second thing is that because I have a Dutch themed land, it makes it more difficult in this environment. Because The Netherlands are a flat country with a far horizon. No mountains that could hide objects of neighbours that do not fit in the 'Dutch country life' theme.

Maybe I could go to the skye also and make a skybox of it. I am still thinking of a solution. But first I will invite the neighbours to tea :-).

Angel, out of curiosity, is it imperative Dutch land be on mainland?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, archangel969 said:

today all of a sudden, several buildings are hanging in the air, close to my border

I agree that de-rendering in the viewer completely misses the point when the whole reason one owns SL land is for others to visit. It would certainly be possible for each parcel (perhaps of some minimum size) to have a shared "de-rendering" list, much as it can have shared EEP settings that the visitor can choose to use or not. This has come up so many times there must be dozens of Jiras about it by now. In the past there was this dopey argument that such land-based de-rendering would break "continuity" when moving through the world, but surely EEP is exactly the same.

One thing: I find that when suddenly a bunch of stuff is looming in the sky it's usually because I've greatly extended my drawing depth (often for some aerial photo shoot) and the view returns to normal when I pull back to my usual viewer setting. That may have nothing to do with this situation, of course.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was thinking too perhaps, that private regions can make for "better", or at least "more predictable" neighbors due to the owner covenants.

Right. One of the things I like about the region is the limitless skyline which kinda sounds like what they are after. And as far as I know, I can't have neighbors unless I ask/allow them to be.

typo
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Angel, out of curiosity, is it imperative Dutch land be on mainland?

No, it only is that way because I searched for land to put villa Utrecht on it, only later I had the idea to make a Dutch themed land on the parcel I already had and I bought some neighbouring parcels that were abandoned.

The only thing is that I want to make it open for public, but where this land would be is not really important, accessibility does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, archangel969 said:

No, it only is that way because I searched for land to put villa Utrecht on it, only later I had the idea to make a Dutch themed land on the parcel I already had and I bought some neighbouring parcels that were abandoned.

The only thing is that I want to make it open for public, but where this land would be is not really important, accessibility does.

Talk to me. I have a blank space, you can place if you desire. 

edit: for free, I am not soliciting

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.jpeg.5c96a66188b2797391ac63456dc41c0f.jpeg

Ok! Back to the topic! This was me last night! This place is really fun I don't mind getting punished for mentioning them, it's Generation XYZ, I think they are featured on the Destination Guide. They are fun and chatty and take requests, ugh, I sound like an ad. Anyway, that was my Second Life.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Be careful, have you seen that Taylor Swift video?

Speaking of, I’m actually trying to decorate my place like the mansion in that video, Blank Space by Taylor Swift. I go see her real life in march, original opening night, I’m so excited can’t wait. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, Qie Niangao said:

This has come up so many times there must be dozens of Jiras about it by now. In the past there was this dopey argument that such land-based de-rendering would break "continuity" when moving through the world, but surely EEP is exactly the same.

Yes, definately. And which continuitly? Every parcel/ landowner makes a SL world of his own.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, Qie Niangao said:

One thing: I find that when suddenly a bunch of stuff is looming in the sky it's usually because I've greatly extended my drawing depth (often for some aerial photo shoot) and the view returns to normal when I pull back to my usual viewer setting. That may have nothing to do with this situation, of course.

I always do 120 meter, in ' the wild west' where I live now extending the drawing depth further would the sky look like a traffic jam

• Like 1