How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Currently in the depths of a dungeon, in search of a ruby to build a powerful staff with as part of a quest.

Snapshot_414.thumb.png.9e7cc70665b54522d99d97a822b04fd4.png

Then I read this post:

13 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I was upset because I felt safe here and then we got all these rules and I no longer felt safe.

:( sending a virtual hug your way, all the way from the dungeons 🙃  

giphy.gif

Hope it makes it's way past the goblins, slimes, pixies (what are pixies doing in dungeons?), and to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Currently in the depths of a dungeon, in search of a ruby to build a powerful staff with as part of a quest.

Snapshot_414.thumb.png.9e7cc70665b54522d99d97a822b04fd4.png

Then I read this post:

:( sending a virtual hug your way, all the way from the dungeons 🙃  

giphy.gif

Hope it makes it's way past the goblins, slimes, pixies (what are pixies doing in dungeons?), and to you.

This is the, at least one of the, sweetest things ever. I don't mind the dungeons, I kind of master them. Thanks for finding me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was just explaining the general consensus of what the title means. I cannot speak for the OP themselves, they are inscrutable. No need to get insulting ("maybe make a furry page") - you're the one who asked repeatedly the difference between "your avatar" and "your SL". Have a nice day.

Inscrutable? Lol. Well, Thank you.

• Like 1

I just finished the questline, hoping I might get a staff as a reward.

Snapshot_418.thumb.png.79282d60103772691a45eb1e07943528.png

I was rewarded a pixie instead

Snapshot_423.thumb.png.0b91461391566c738c685ddc45ff274d.png

Well, it was unexpected - but I'll take her.  Tbh, there was no guarantee of a reward in the first place, so I appreciate it.  If I click her she will taunt me with a few phrases.  It looks as though not all is lost though, the quest giver specifically states she will make me a staff if I get more crystals.  It was fun fighting my way through the dungeons, looking around for the crystals the first time around, now that I know where to find them all this should be easy the second time around.  This time I will have a pixie companion to fight alongside of me.

• Like 7

Well, I hope this small misunderstanding is over. I see we are all good people here and I am sorry to see good people make each other upset (and saying they are not upset, well I would say the same 🙂 )

Personally, I am glad and happy the thread is here and the creater of this thread (Bagnu) has allready explained what it's all about. If 'How does your SL look today' means sharing your SL, so basically your life here, that is something different then just photography. I also felt that it is more then sharing the photographs of your SL. I see also that it makes people happy here. If others see this differently, that is also fine by me.

I hope it's now all good. Give each other a virtual hug.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Darn it. I couldn't get any good "nose hair" pics of anyone, so I took one of the nearest object that caught my eye. Totally random. It was just there.

Candle.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

Join-in-Fireplace.png

I intended on getting some work done on the skybox, but after having stared at the blank posters on the wall in the sleeping area for a while, unable to arrive upon a conclusion as to what I'd like to put on them, I felt a growing peeve with the sitting area by the fireplace; the coffee table isn't very interesting to look at, it needs something on it, and then there are the armchairs - it's just too much black, everything else in the skybox plays off of the contrast between warm, dark woods and the coldness of the whitewashed walls, the white painted woods of the balcony wall, and the snow outside. Between the two there's a range of earthy, desaturated tones in little splodges, the rug by the balcony door, the plants on the shelves and in their cabinets, the green leather on the armchair, the little painted and carved pine trees on the cuckoo clock, the coloured leathers of the books in their shelves, and then the exposed brick wall I put opposite of the balcony to break off the coldness of the white walls. It isn't the armchair with its carved wooden designs and its deep mossy green that's out of place in the sitting area, it's the other armchairs and the coffee table that needs be replaced by something more suitable. 

But then I'll have to go furniture shopping, and that has a minefield of peeves related to it. The replacement needs to be beautiful in its own right, it can't have a quarter billion triangles, if it has materials they need to be decent, and the animations must be good, as I'm much too lazy to fiddle around with installing and aligning animations individually - and then it needs to fit in with the rest of the skybox and its theme. 

So I sat down, tried through all the solo animations in the chair before deciding to just go with the only one I find tolerable, and then I started flicking through windlight settings to see what things look like in different lights .. And as usual, defaulted to one of a handful of windlights I find tolerable (also do we still call them 'windlights' or need we say 'EEPs' these days?). Perhaps I should just make a custom windlight (/EEP) setting for the place, but then I never really use shared settings anyway, and it would be yet another project that I'd have to sit myself down and actually carry out at some point.

.. And then I still need to figure out what images I want to put on those darned posters.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Join-in-Fireplace.png

I intended on getting some work done on the skybox, but after having stared at the blank posters on the wall in the sleeping area for a while, unable to arrive upon a conclusion as to what I'd like to put on them, I felt a growing peeve with the sitting area by the fireplace; the coffee table isn't very interesting to look at, it needs something on it, and then there are the armchairs - it's just too much black, everything else in the skybox plays off of the contrast between warm, dark woods and the coldness of the whitewashed walls, the white painted woods of the balcony wall, and the snow outside. Between the two there's a range of earthy, desaturated tones in little splodges, the rug by the balcony door, the plants on the shelves and in their cabinets, the green leather on the armchair, the little painted and carved pine trees on the cuckoo clock, the coloured leathers of the books in their shelves, and then the exposed brick wall I put opposite of the balcony to break off the coldness of the white walls. It isn't the armchair with its carved wooden designs and its deep mossy green that's out of place in the sitting area, it's the other armchairs and the coffee table that needs be replaced by something more suitable. 

But then I'll have to go furniture shopping, and that has a minefield of peeves related to it. The replacement needs to be beautiful in its own right, it can't have a quarter billion triangles, if it has materials they need to be decent, and the animations must be good, as I'm much too lazy to fiddle around with installing and aligning animations individually - and then it needs to fit in with the rest of the skybox and its theme. 

So I sat down, tried through all the solo animations in the chair before deciding to just go with the only one I find tolerable, and then I started flicking through windlight settings to see what things look like in different lights .. And as usual, defaulted to one of a handful of windlights I find tolerable (also do we still call them 'windlights' or need we say 'EEPs' these days?). Perhaps I should just make a custom windlight (/EEP) setting for the place, but then I never really use shared settings anyway, and it would be yet another project that I'd have to sit myself down and actually carry out at some point.

.. And then I still need to figure out what images I want to put on those darned posters.

And I thought I was the one writing a novel. Look at this, what great prose comes out of your virtual pen.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, 2Tessa said:

This is lovely 😇

Thanks!!! I wanted to give my pic "magic hour" lighting, because the image just seemed to beg for it  And she really does have a gorgeous AV. This is a candid shot, as usual.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Istelathis said:

After fighting hundreds of goblins, my armor was in need of repair.  

Snapshot_436.thumb.png.01c36c2d00c1bd74f8c5fa1f3d6dddd4.png

Now that I am rested, my armor is like new again and I have time to sit back to eat a bit of turkey 🥰🦃🍗

Snapshot_441.thumb.png.152d6c15a1317227e5609883feb8a497.png

seldom  a wizard can wear armor and perform blacksmithing.
As I know mages use magic spells to conjure non-physical armor or use illusions as their method of defense

😛

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

seldom  a wizard can wear armor and perform blacksmithing.
As I know mages use magic spells to conjure non-physical armor or use illusions as their method of defense

😛

😜I felt the same way as I was repairing my armor, but that is the only armor repair area I found in the medieval setting.  I did find a spinner though.

Snapshot_443.thumb.png.3d81a49bb4d706bc78a4371080fdfe58.png

That's a bit more like it, unfortunately there are no animations with this one.  and it does not repair the GCS armor as far as I can tell. 

It would be really cool if it were more comprehensive, and there were actual spells one could learn while levelling along with professions, classes, mesh armor, and so on.  I've seen some systems on the marketplace that seem to go more so out of their way, but I haven't invested any time into them.  

Anywho, off to fight some skeletons now!  Wish me luck 🤞🍻

• Like 6