How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nope. 
Simplest explanation: If it's "just a portrait" - with the focus on the avatar, probably the other thread (your avatar). If it's a place, or your avatar is at some place, and it's not really "just a picture of your avatar" but of a place in SL, then this thread (your SL).

Ah. Good to see rules in place on a fun thread, thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Ah. Good to see rules in place on a fun thread, thanks.

Nah, not rules.  You just asked "I don't get it. Whats the emphasized point?" so I explained what I think the difference is. The two threads have a lot in common, but they did feel more distinct until just a little while ago. I think that's what prompted the note yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:
6 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Perhaps I have to make guttural noises as well.

No, no. That'd be suspicious. You need to be making box noises. 

That would attract cats!

Edit: To stay on topic, Hoo-mom detector: "Touch the picture that is a representation of my avatar".

10989566-EF47-49D8-817F-E193318A9C97.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

That would attract cats!

I'd take a cat bite over a zombie bite any day though.

And to stay on topic .. A picture of my avatar!

Snapshot-095.png

Inside of an almost totally frozen cockpit. Pro tip: always bring hot cocoa when flying in SNO!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'd take a cat bite over a zombie bite any day though.

And to stay on topic .. A picture of my avatar!

Snapshot-095.png

Inside of an almost totally frozen cockpit. Pro tip: always bring hot cocoa when flying in SNO!

Cat bites can be deadly, worse than "cat scratch fever"! Both my mother, and years later a neighbor, were hospitalized from severe infections resulting from cat bites. Prior to that, I didn't know it was "a thing".

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nope. 
Simplest explanation: If it's "just a portrait" - with the focus on the avatar, probably the other thread (your avatar). If it's a place, or your avatar is at some place, and it's not really "just a picture of your avatar" but of a place in SL, then this thread (your SL).

^^ This 

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nah, not rules.  You just asked "I don't get it. Whats the emphasized point?" so I explained what I think the difference is. The two threads have a lot in common, but they did feel more distinct until just a little while ago. I think that's what prompted the note yesterday.

^^ and this

It is similar to what some "non-avatar focused" Flickr groups say in their description:  While avatars can be in the picture, they should not be the focus of the picture.

Otherwise, there would have been no reason for this thread because we already had "How does you avatar look today".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Definitely.   
At least it is not in the "Your Avatar" section.  

If it were there, then I could almost say avatar-centric photos would be sort of okish.  Not so, IMO, in General since it would fit perfectly in another section.

General Discussion Forum

Anything that doesn't quite fit in the other Forums welcome here -- so long as it's specific to Second Life.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

So, in one we only post our avatar and the other we only post our, what? environment? I actually don't think it is an official thread, I think it is us posting whatever the f we want as long as it is cute and is SECOND LIFE, I may be mistaken, I do that a lot. 

Thank you. You are not mistaken. I created this thread. My intention was to have people post pics of ANYTHING within SL. Our Avatars. Our Environment. Our nose hairs. Our friends nose hairs. ANYTHING we can take pics of inworld that are allowed within forum guidelines.

Lol, I don't think there are any nose hairs on MP though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Thank you. You are not mistaken. I created this thread. My intention was to have people post pics of ANYTHING within SL. Our Avatars. Our Environment. Our nose hairs. Our friends nose hairs. ANYTHING we can take pics of inworld that are allowed within forum guidelines.

Screenshot_20230122_113653.thumb.jpg.67065e598763e6b92d9b0de9600f1020.jpg

• Haha 5

We were having a laugh over a "Star Trek" tattoo I created (look close, and you'll see it). The pic looked nice in colour, so I played with it a bit. I got a nostalgic "Old Horror Movie" feel from it when I made it BW.

Cinnamon and Sandor BW.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Screenshot_20230122_113653.thumb.jpg.67065e598763e6b92d9b0de9600f1020.jpg

I tried the demo. It's only EVO X. And I still haven't been able to find an EVO X skin for my Lelutka Skyler head btw.  But somehow I don't think Caitlin would want to see me with long nosehairs LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Thank you. Maybe not a guide, but I'll probably do a list or something. Thanks for the compliments. The suit is from Cheerno.

The scaling amuses me greatly as Greg is already tall compared to today's average height for avatars. 🤣 Considering a few deaths had occurred at the hotel, I'd imagine the owners would want to make it accident proof. ;)

Time zones are a challenge, but we'll try. We absolutely will meet up one day. :D

I have made a list of my hotelroom furniture too, is also a blog about the SL hotel and a bit about the history of the RL one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

LOL. And thank you for creating this thread. It made my day more then ones.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nope. 

So, basically the creator of this thread, and its participants, if I am not grossly mistaken, revolt against your attempting to rule us (ME). Literally. Maybe make a furry page. Just an idea.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

So, basically the creator of this thread, and its participants, if I am not grossly mistaken, revolt against your attempting to rule us (ME). Literally. Maybe make a furry page. Just an idea.

I was just explaining the general consensus of what the title means. I cannot speak for the OP themselves, they are inscrutable. No need to get insulting ("maybe make a furry page") - you're the one who asked repeatedly the difference between "your avatar" and "your SL". Have a nice day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was just explaining the general consensus of what the title means. I cannot speak for the OP themselves, they are inscrutable. No need to get insulting ("maybe make a furry page") - you're the one who asked repeatedly the difference between "your avatar" and "your SL". Have a nice day.

You too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

This thread should have been moved ages ago (like at the beginning) to the Art, Music and Photography section.  Oh well.

You guys are actually upset that Second life residents are sharing their Second lives? What about being in love and creating worlds is sooo upsetting? What about Second Life upsets y'all so much that I cant share it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Charolotte Caxton said:

You guys are actually upset that Second life residents are sharing their Second lives? What about being in love and creating worlds is sooo upsetting? What about Second Life upsets y'all so much that I cant share it?

Not upset in the least.  It's a photography thread so...it belong in the photography section.  Why are YOU so upset?

• Like 2