How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

It's another typical day in SL, where I, dressed as an Amazon woman-zebra, dance with a feline and a big bunny, am attacked by menacing birds:9c14a2de57fa63c93eb8a023e50b47b0.gif

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

A very Dutch breakfast. Anyway, that's my breakfast. Bread, butter, Gouda cheese or chocolate sprinkles, jam or peanut butter. And not the lame American peanut butter (sorry Americans), but the Dutch one with a stronger peanut flavour. Served with black coffee.

Snapshot_20812085604_009_klein.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 15

7 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

A very Dutch breakfast. Anyway, that's my breakfast. Bread, butter, Gouda cheese or chocolate sprinkles, jam or peanut butter. And not the lame American peanut butter (sorry Americans), but the Dutch one with a stronger peanut flavour. Served with black coffee.

So there is an Aldi (Helaes Pindakaas) in Canal City?
I missed that one when I last visited.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

So there is an Aldi (Helaes Pindakaas) in Canal City?
I missed that one when I last visited.

Well, at my daily walk I am always adjusting things or adding things. And get ideas again. So it's always changing a tiny bit but most of the times no one will notice expect me. And then at the sailor's house I thought he needed a real Dutch breakfast. I thought the Albert Heijn peanut butter was too obvious so opted for the Aldi one :-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Well, at my daily walk I am always adjusting things or adding things. And get ideas again. So it's always changing a tiny bit but most of the times no one will notice expect me. And then at the sailor's house I thought he needed a real Dutch breakfast. I thought the Albert Heijn peanut butter was too obvious so opted for the Aldi one :-).

The taste is better too IMHO. :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The taste is better too IMHO. :)

And I like the name Helaes pindakaas :-). Is not translatable I guess: Alas/Unfortunately Peanut Butter LOL.

For non Dutch, it's a Dutch saying when something happens that is not so nice but can't be helped. Helaas pindakaas! Alas, peanut butter, but that doesn't rhyme in English haha.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

And I like the name Helaes pindakaas :-). Is not translatable I guess: Alas/Unfortunately Peanut Butter LOL.

For non Dutch, it's a Dutch saying when something happens that is not so nice but can't be helped. Helaas pindakaas! Alas, peanut butter, but that doesn't rhyme in English haha.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

American peanut butter is truly terrible; full of sugar and hydrogenated oils than actual peanuts. There are a few brands has only simple peanuts without sugar but they are expensive, so I usually make my own.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

American peanut butter is truly terrible; full of sugar and hydrogenated oils than actual peanuts. There are a few brands has only simple peanuts without sugar but they are expensive, so I usually make my own.

Oh yes, I make my own too sometimes. And my own mayonaise. Well the thing is, if you know your own formula, the one you really like, nothing can beat that ;-).

• Like 5

After i got ejected by the sandbox where i was renting, I canceled my Basic membership, that had the only purpose to pay the rent.

Now, they closed my shop and suspended my account.

So the Basic subscription have been a very bad idea... 🤔

PS: I mean Plus membership

Edited by 2Tessa
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 6

Just hanging around in my dingy apartment waiting for a friend

Snapshot_158.thumb.jpg.f5a2a767b870a87420e66691e46916f1.jpg

After a while, I gave up on them.  They had called me and sounded frantic, and said to stay where I was at and they would meetup with me.

Snapshot_159.thumb.jpg.68e0e018c441d34a77f119ca3469d574.jpg

After a while, I gave up and started to play on my C64, this is going to take forever to load Cauldron.. bleh

Snapshot_160.thumb.jpg.e04568ab1e8c06095c8447267600fc4f.jpg

Rather than wait five minutes, I just hit up the local arcade for some pizza and gaming 🥰  But then I heard something, it sounded like a train wreck outside, and everything was shaking so I headed outside for a quick look.

Snapshot_163.thumb.jpg.0ff942fa07ffc26b8cf8c9e9be2fcf56.jpg

Oh mah gawdz!! It's Godzilla!!  He is wrecking havoc in my city! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2024 at 4:24 PM, Luna Bliss said:

It's another typical day in SL, where I, dressed as an Amazon woman-zebra, dance with a feline and a big bunny, am attacked by menacing birds

This should be in the ' SAY SOMETHING YOU LIKE ABOUT SL IN ALL CAPS ' thread, but in ...ALL CAPS!

Edited by LexxiXhan
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, 2Tessa said:

After i got ejected by the sandbox where i was renting, I canceled my Basic membership, that had the only purpose to pay the rent.

Now, they closed my shop and suspended my account.

So the Basic subscription have been a very bad idea... 🤔

I don't understand.  A basic membership is free so if you cancel it, you've basically cancelled/terminated your own account.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't understand.  A basic membership is free so if you cancel it, you've basically cancelled/terminated your own account.  

Maybe she meant the "Premium Plus" level.  I have heard some refer to it as Basic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe she meant the "Premium Plus" level.  I have heard some refer to it as Basic.

I am as confused as both of you are.

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That could be, I suppose but even so, canceling that shouldn't cause LL to suspend your account or remove your MP store.  Unless you own land you haven't released?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You are right. I subscribed the Plus, not the Basic. Which gives 150L$ per week stipend. Basic has no stipend. 😋

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2Tessa said:

You are right. I subscribed the Plus, not the Basic. Which gives 150L$ per week stipend. Basic has no stipend. 😋

Ah ok.  I still don't understand why cancelling that would cause LL to suspend your account and close your MP store.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 2Tessa said:

Try asking LL to restore your account. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

OK, I AM preparing... @Cinnamon Mistwoodneeds some help with her laptop....This is a VERY dangerous situation...So I have to have the proper PPE... First, you are going to start with msconfig.  Cinny...put your shoe back  on. You could take my eye out with that stiletto...Now you go to the diagnostic boot checkbox....image.thumb.jpeg.1c3ebed23a35ef4d822488dce439c76b.jpeg

Ouch!!! That scraped my neck!!! Cinny....You know you need to do this to get your laptop working right... OK what? No Cinny...no grenades... Time to put my helmet on!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.ca400738a3f68ffc8521fd0faf65330e.jpeg

Edited by Bagnu
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

So, I've decided it's time, finally, to lose my apartment in Voroznia. Which saddens me a little: I am really very fond of it, and it's cool and a bit different, because the regions in which it's located are set up as a Soviet Bloc style residential development from the 70s, complete with Brutalist architecture, Soviet propaganda, and crumbling apartment blocks. It's been my "residence" for a couple of years now.

Why would anyone want to live in such a place? Well, as I say, it's different. And I set up my apartment as the residence of late 70s / early 80s Ukrainian graduate student, a kind of homage to part of my heritage. Happenstance doesn't work this way, of course, but I have a sort of fantasy that this might have been me, and had my grandparents not emigrated to Canada (and had I been born 15 years earlier -- I was only 16 when the Berlin Wall fell).

Anyway, as fond as I am of it, I can't really justify the cost: I just don't use it very much anymore. But I'm going to keep it at least another week so I can get some pics of it, just as keepsakes.

Here's a pic of me (wearing a vishyvanka, a traditional Ukrainian peasant blouse) in front of my favourite part of the flat, my "office" area. On the wall is a small shrine to 19th and early 20th century Ukrainian writers, feminists, and intellectuals, including most prominently (bottom left) Taras Shevchenko, Ukraine's "national poet." I'm actually not terribly keen on Shevchenko, but you're not really allowed to be Ukrainian unless you pay homage to him; my Baba, who I doubt ever read a line of poetry in her life, had a small bronze statue of him I remember well as a child.

Goodbye-Voroznia-1-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.8e2301b7c21347b52557b76c903aacec.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1