How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Did some testing today of Mobile SL on a new iPad (9th generation) wearing my Lelutka head, with and without Flexi. (I wear some new flexi-hair from a great store, it's a shame it doesn't work in the mobile viewer still.)

Mobile with Flexi

image.thumb.jpeg.30c5d9e9a7763ab98864f8e9ec9c7d95.jpeg

SL Viewer with Flexi

image.png.261c5e70e7e3ead324069c9f6572c27d.png

Mobile with No Flexi

image.thumb.jpeg.ec1e7271f196fce1ecf3414108e6a90c.jpeg

SL Viewer with No Flexi

image.thumb.png.3a82886c7818985fc5c5ae595237664b.png

• Like 9

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I found a nice dress, thanks to @Ayashe Ninetails!

I think this color goes with my hair and skin tone nicely. (Otherwise, I'd usually go for the wine / burgundy reds.)

BoysToTheBone cropped.jpg

Very nice! TwoSided also has a fancy one if you're looking for more.

Oh but...you know I'm gonna get on you about those shoes, right? 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Very nice! TwoSided also has a fancy one if you're looking for more.

Oh but...you know I'm gonna get on you about those shoes, right? 😄

You know the saying, "Clothes maketh the man!"

• Like 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

You know the saying, "Clothes maketh the man!"

Dem boots, doe. I'm a "combat boots go with everything" gal myself, but...even I dunno about that pairing. I think it's the way the slit's done that's making it not work for me in this instance. Yes, I'm being picky!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Dem boots, doe. I'm a "combat boots go with everything" gal myself, but...even I dunno about that pairing. I think it's the way the slit's done that's making it not work for me in this instance. Yes, I'm being picky!

Oh god no please....no combat boots  with fancy dresses for female AV's....BUT, it DOES work for a male AV in a dress though....

Neither Swallow or Toy, or even my old AV "Pearl" would be caught dead in combat boots!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Oh god no please....no combat boots  with fancy dresses for female AV's....BUT, it DOES work for a male AV in a dress though....

Neither Swallow or Toy, or even my old AV "Pearl" would be caught dead in combat boots!!!

This sounds like a photo challenge in the making!

Besides, there is no difference to me whatsoever between a female avatar in combat boots and a dress and a male one. That doesn't compute to my brain in the slightest. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Besides, there is no difference to me whatsoever between a female avatar in combat boots and a dress and a male one. That doesn't compute to my brain in the slightest. 😂

There is a certain style of goth / punk culture in which "boots" (whether "combat" or otherwise) were always OK.

Heck, didn't Granny from The Beverly Hillbillies wear boots? (Absolutely no judgement to any Hillbillies that may be Forumites. Granny had MAD style.)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There is a certain style of goth / punk culture in which "boots" (whether "combat" or otherwise) were always OK.

Heck, didn't Granny from The Beverly Hillbillies wear boots? (Absolutely no judgement to any Hillbillies that may be Forumites. Granny had MAD style.)

Yeah. For daily running around, I always preferred the standard, low style of combat boot. For clubbing or nights out, it was always something like:

16882166905a3db7685ab141618359429d010365

And yes, both go with absolutely everything.

And if I keep chatting in here, I'm going to need to start posting SL photos soon to stay on topic. Don't make me go in-world and put my boots on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

20 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah. For daily running around, I always preferred the standard, low style of combat boot. For clubbing or nights out, it was always something like:

And if I keep chatting in here, I'm going to need to start posting SL photos soon to stay on topic. Don't make me go in-world and put my boots on.

OMG please no...please...I beg you!!!!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Thank the stars Cat doesn't come on the forums. She would put them on whenever she's mad at me!!!!

Let's not even let @Cinnamon Mistwood see this!!! She'll be putting them on when we do National Blab stuff!!! I'll fall over and die!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Thank the stars Cat doesn't come on the forums. She would put them on whenever she's mad at me!!!!

Let's not even let @Cinnamon Mistwood see this!!! She'll be putting them on when we do National Blab stuff!!! I'll fall over and die!!!

They're harmless. It's like prancing around on lightweight Styrofoam. It's the New Rock boots you want to stay clear of. Especially with spikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

She'll be putting them on when we do National Blab stuff!!! I'll fall over and die!!!

*makes a note*

I know how much you enjoy huge flat heeled boots with all the buckles.  I just need them in a few more colors. 

Also, combat boots go with everything.

So do rain boots.

😋

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

*makes a note*

I know how much you enjoy huge flat heeled boots with all the buckles.  I just need them in a few more colors. 

Also, combat boots go with everything.

So do rain boots.

😋

Ummm...Do you need more of anything? Clothes? Land? ... I know I need some more blood pressure pills before I have a stroke!!!

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 1:22 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Interesting fact.

In both RL and SL I own more boots than all other forms of footwear combined.

• Like 5

Testing some mirrors and other PBR objects with a SL test viewer in Win11*. If I lower settings on my 6 year old laptop, I get usable frame rates. Was at the Rumpus Room 2048 sim. CPU was barely pushing at 10% usage. The 1050 GPU was hitting about 80-90% usage. Textured ground looks great... I was using the lowest possible settings with the SSR stuff turned off. Mid-High graphic settings, and no one else was on. About 40 fps on average.

As a point of reference for me, the DOOM 2016 FPS reboot looks way more textured than anything here, but of course that's a well optimized piece of software. I run that on low settings at 1080 to give me decent frame rates. It runs on Open GL 4.5/Vulkan vs SL's Open GL 3.3. So I guess I could keep my PC a bit longer before I have to upgrade (maybe!). I can get about 100-120 FPS on that game easily on low settings, but that's silly... I limit it to 60 FPS because of the screen + it keeps my laptop relatively cool-ish. Plus my twitch skills are close to nonexistent thanks to SL and Open Sim... :P

*Yes, I probably could have tested this viewer in Wine while in Linux, but the Windows SL viewers crash after a few minutes so I reluctantly have to test in 11...

RumpusRoom2048_SLVmfTEST_w11-jf-03312024_006.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Interesting fact.

In both RL and SL I own more boots than all other forms of footwear combined.

Lol, as terrible as it sounds, I have no idea what I own in real life. The entire floor of my closet is a shoe graveyard because I have very obnoxious issue where I'll buy shoes and they do not feel good whatsoever to wear. Old flats for work, heels, boots, sneakers, wedges, sandals all just yeeted into the closet in the "screw that" pile because they would either kill my feets after a day or I probably fell in them ROFL.

Live shot of me in every new pair of shoes:

01e0fd537857747c6298cb04450764dd.gif

I did once manage to fish out a pair of Steve Maddens (who I mistook for John Madden and legit asked someone why a legendary football coach was making stylish sandals for women all of a sudden, lmao) and forced myself to break them in because they were too damn cute to be lost in the void and they somehow turned out to be my most comfy pair of block-heeled sandals, but no such other success stories exist, lol.

As for SL, I have a mix. Tons of stiletto heels at any rate, because that's the only place I can wear those and not fall on mah face (though I have been very tempted to make an entire falling down AO for the realism). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

There was something else missing from Canal city. A Chinese restaurant. That's not Dutch, is it? To my feeling and memory, it is. In the 1970s and 1980s, there were countless Chinese restaurants in the Netherlands and typical of the Netherlands: Chinese-Indonesian restaurants. A strange combination for other countries perhaps, but here in the Netherlands they determined the street scene for decades. There was one around the corner and we used to get Chinese there on Sundays. Or we ate there, but very rarely because we didn't have much money to eat out back then. In Canal city, I had little space (the houses on the bay are actually up against the neighbour's boundary) , so I had to cut off two-thirds of a house, adjust the facade to fit the streetscape, and there was just enough room for a Chinese bar there. In the house next door, I had a very small space for a dinner table where you can dine Chinese. And all in that lovely nostalgic kitschy Chinese style I know from my childhood.

By the way, I read that the 'lucky cat' is not Chinese but Japanese. What do you guys think, still keep it or take it away? He is so cute :-).

Snapshot_20812085581_002_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085582_003_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085576_004_klein.png

• Like 8

Oh, and by the way, this is Miffy! (In Dutch: Nijntje). It is the brainchild of Dutch Utrecht-based graphic designer, illustrator and writer of children's books Dick Bruna (1927-2017). I found Miffy on SL MP when I was looking for oriental things for the Chinese restaurant. As it happens, Miffy is extremely popular with Japanese and Chinese tourists. There is a Dick Bruna museum in Utrecht and you stumble over oriental tourists there asking for directions to 'Miffy museum.' So hence perhaps Miffy on MP is in the eastern corner. But I'm happy to have found this Miffy lamp (it's a lamp). By the way, I used to have Miffy curtains in my bedroom as a child :-).

Snapshot_20812085572_009_klein.png

nijntje.png

dick-bruna_1024x1024.jpg

cache_782x1080_Pol_661003-72- Nijntje bij de sterren grootvlak v (2).jpg

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1