How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Wide open roads, which is relief to the congested roads I spent on in real life to hang out with family

Snapshot_085.thumb.jpg.79c9e4b98f493c2fffb867a2d66091e1.jpg

As a side note, I have spent my time playing around with localized LLMs on my computer, and saw that I can play SL with no problem with GPT4All running in the background with a rather complicated model running, I enjoyed it so much that now I am thinking of converting a script I saw on these forums earlier to access it, and to create my own bot to hang out with.  I  am not by any means a competent scripter, but I do have a knack for pushing buttons, and throwing a bunch of nonsensical scripts I modify together to form a frankenmonster that somehow does what I want it to do.  I would never be proud enough to put it on the marketplace, or put it up to the scrutiny of the web, but for personal use, I would love it.

So my SL today, was spent in my imagination, thinking of ways to make this work.  I think I can do it, eventually.  Before this, I had dreamt of doing it, but my setback was an old computer that would not be able to run both things at once, now that I can actually run these two things together, I might actually create something for myself, and expand upon it. 

vroomvroom.gif.ddd9075e2d7c4ccfa3b175887331ab17.gif

So, more or less, riding around, while day dreaming, and thinking of all of the things in Second Life that are possible.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Cinny and I in a test for for National Blab headquarters. We found a few things. This was one of them, but it will take more time and effort before we are satisfied. And of course, it HAS to be scandalous!!!

Cinnamon and Sandor.png

Cinny and sandor Extreme cloesup sandor.png

Cinny and Sandor sitting sandor sepia.png

• Like 12

Spent part of this evening as a man in suspenders and a scruffy bowler hat, sitting on a cold stone step.

Does this girl know how to have fun on Easter Sunday, or what?

(I am being a bit disingenuous, though. I did, in fact, go dancing as well.)

Test shot for a Godot pic.

Hope-Test-Blank.thumb.png.5b3a1862bfd201b90740d1520e5a5e24.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

This. And most of yesterday too. Fml.

ba9288b27c0ae55470e6591e99c5fb21.png

I've been running into this too. And having to restart FS to have things load properly. Not sure if it's the PBR beta, or SL itself. It's difficult to check, because restarting improves things for me, so restarting with the the non-PBR FS and it working doesn't really indicate anything. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Exploring the faire grounds, it is pretty cool here

Snapshot_086.thumb.jpg.fac4723580d8f017839785de94d20b64.jpg

Trying out different vehicles, there was a duck floater behind me.

Snapshot_088.thumb.jpg.796b4a65dfc5cea45fcd92b19a710429.jpg

I wasn't paying attention and almost ran over Abnor, I am a horrible person!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Not sure if it's the PBR beta, or SL itself. It's difficult to check, because restarting improves things for me, so restarting with the the non-PBR FS and it working doesn't really indicate anything.

Well, as far as I know I haven't installed any 'PBR beta', just the normal Firestorm.

Good luck with your issues!

• Thanks 1

Just now, LexxiXhan said:

Well, as far as I know I haven't installed any 'PBR beta', just the normal Firestorm.

Good luck with your issues!

Thanks!!! You too!!!

It sounds like an SL issue then, and will get sorted out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am so boring, just dance and listen to blues once my day winds down...........

I will only return if you dress Bagnu in women's clothing again..

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 2

On 4/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, LexxiXhan said:

This. And most of yesterday too. Fml.

ba9288b27c0ae55470e6591e99c5fb21.png

I've been having to restart least 3 times to get things loaded properly. What the hell is going on?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If only I could get better shoes...I'm so embarassed when my ankles don't look sexy!!! And nylons? OMG!!! I keep getting runs and ladders!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I've been having to restart least 3 times to get things loaded properly. What the hell is going on?

Well, I managed to get inworld twice yesterday, so something has changed, and not from my end.

As for restarting, it's been taking 3 or 4 attempts for me ever since I came back to sl last year. I'd assumed it was my low-spec laptop or network, but if it's happening to more people now then perhaps it's an sl/server issue that's deteriorating. Typical 'load-fails' I get:

• Getting inworld but things like my L$ balance and name tag appear as question marks (???.???) and nothing works.
  • Getting inworld but my avatar is stuck in a T-pose, mesh body parts won't load, I can't select inventory items, any blue-box notecards that arrive are lost to the aether etc..
  • Everything seeming to load okay but then getting the 'You've been logged out of sl' dialog box.
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

If I could, I would!  The Man did that all on his own, plus the vacuuming.........  and, yeah, the ankles are not his most alluring bits..........

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

If I could, I would!  The Man did that all on his own, plus the vacuuming.........  and, yeah, the ankles are not his most alluring bits..........

LOL, I'm sure something can be arranged!!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Well, I managed to get inworld twice yesterday, so something has changed, and not from my end.

As for restarting, it's been taking 3 or 4 attempts for me ever since I came back to sl last year. I'd assumed it was my low-spec laptop or network, but if it's happening to more people now then perhaps it's an sl/server issue that's deteriorating. Typical 'load-fails' I get:

• Getting inworld but things like my L$ balance and name tag appear as question marks (???.???) and nothing works.
  • Getting inworld but my avatar is stuck in a T-pose, mesh body parts won't load, I can't select inventory items, any blue-box notecards that arrive are lost to the aether etc..
  • Everything seeming to load okay but then getting the 'You've been logged out of sl' dialog box.

I thought it might be my VPN, but it's the same with it turned off. And I always end up floating in the air when I login, even when everything loads properly. That's the same with all my accounts. I even cleared my caches just in case of corruption.

I just tried to login with Black Dragon. It's worse. It said I have no clothing in my inventory, and logged me out.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

....And I always end up floating in the air when I login, even when everything loads properly.

Thank you for mentioning that; I noticed it yesterday as well but thought it was just me...... and Tiggie, cuz when I float, poor Tiggie has to run continuously!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thank you for mentioning that; I noticed it yesterday as well but thought it was just me...... and Tiggie, cuz when I float, poor Tiggie has to run continuously!

Something isn't right on the SL side, when multiple people have similar issues. I was able to login with BD, but same thing. So it's not our viewers. 

• Like 1

I thought I would try to catch a high resolution image of the Bellisseria fairgrounds 

Snapshot_007.thumb.jpg.68f6eaa3a4ae15b4a404131e61ba07a5.jpg

Taken in Cool VL using PBR most settings as high as they can go and distance set to 512, FPS at around 8 lol

PS:
Does anyone see the squishy pickle in there anywhere?  I need it for the swaginator, and haven't a clue where to look.. like am I supposed to go to the actual squishy pickle continent, or is there a pickles somewhere here?  I'm so lost.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 2Tessa said:

Guest of CHONK sandbox 😁 🐺🦊😹

ban_001.thumb.png.e3bab7785af7e467800b01173d6c3ea9.png

Lookit all the cool, spacey toys! =D

And, I took this ...

Convergence!

After Trek RP wound down, I decided to pop over and get in my x-wing suit, and even rez an X-wing.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

I've been spending my week at home with a bad cold. I've been slowly building a new PC... when I don't cough and sneeze so much I'll destroy the components. I've been telling Cinny about it. She said (cynically) "it's so hot, it needs air conditioning".  I got it working and booted up today. I'm surprised my shiny new CPU didn't go up in a puff of smoke when she showed me some of the outfits she bought today!!! I'll have to get a bigger CPU cooler...

Cinnamon showing me clothes she bought Sandor.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2