The BIG Reveal -- WOW!

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

My direwolf and I are prepared to start patrols as soon as the first region releases...there are some odd sounding creatures in the forest at the SLB Demo region and it is better to be safe than sorry šŸ˜œĀ 

Waiting for Fantasy to Open!

Ā 

I am waiting for a fantasy house, so I went to the demo region to listen to the odd sounding creatures, you write about and I think, after some research, I found the answer.

MOLES

"Mole sounds typically include high-pitched squeals, snorts, squeaks, guttural noises and grating teeth. Some species also wheeze".

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

11 hours ago, Ade Bloodrose said:

I am waiting for a fantasy house, so I went to the demo region to listen to the odd sounding creatures, you write about and I think, after some research, I found the answer.

MOLES

"Mole sounds typically include high-pitched squeals, snorts, squeaks, guttural noises and grating teeth. Some species also wheeze".

Ah ha!Ā  I think you have definitely found something here.Ā  If the creatures are moles, we have nothing to fear, since they are kind, wise, and weavers of the warp and woof of the worlds we live in.Ā  Best not to cross them though, since ancient legends tell of their proclivities to rain houses down upon an unsuspecting populace if they become angered....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

• Moles
12 hours ago, Ade Bloodrose said:

MOLES

Ā 

That's me when I'm working and I'veĀ forgotten to turn my microphone off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

On 8/6/2021 at 8:17 PM, LoganPryor said:

The regions:

99e6dd164348a4e522ab168ed2a948c6.png

Correction to above graphic: "Forest Deep" (D4 group) should be "Kipshire"Ā 

ETA: That's the only regionĀ so far I've found renamed, but of course LL are at liberty to rename any of the others before release.

Edited by LoganPryor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 8/6/2021 at 3:17 PM, Abnor Mole said:

When you see how the sausage gets made it doesn't quite taste the same. And you haven't even really tasted it yet.

If it makes you feel better - I think that for some folks who are also 'cooks', figuring out how the sausage is made is part of the fun, particularly since they cannot be in the room where it happens.

For me, knowing that tiles exist does not inhibit my ability to enjoy the landscape.Ā  I had a Log on one of the highest-repeated tiles in LogLand, it was beautiful there.Ā  The way that tile abutted an adjacent region was just perfect.

• Like 4

On 8/7/2021 at 3:30 AM, Ade Bloodrose said:

MOLES

Ā 

I will forever now have the image of wheezing moles in Second Life...šŸ¤£

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

New from Patch on flickr today...is he hinting at a release today I wonder...or just teasing us mercilessly lol.

Ā 

Magic Oracle Book?

Ā 

He's a tease, of course, but, HEY, Patch, I've had to work 19 of the last 21 days and I get tomorrow off, so feel free to press the "rain of houses" button. Please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Question: if the regions were ready for release, shouldn't the homes be named as 'Linden home', instead of just the region name?

Or is it because that continent still cannot be accessed, and that affects the naming? ThanksĀ 

Remember with the Stilts that only a chunk of the alphabet at a time was released. Try looking at someĀ A and B regions. (I can't go inworld at the momentĀ to check myself.)

My laptop finally finished installing its update - the parcels I've checked don't have *any* designation, which is different. Usually in an unreleased region they'd be designated 'Protected Land' or 'Linden Home', so I suspect stuff *is* happening now.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
Windows updates take too long to install :(
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Remember with the Stilts that only a chunk of the alphabet at a time was released. Try looking at someĀ A and B regions. (I can't go inworld at the momentĀ to check myself.)

Acanthis etc. still just region name & coords.Ā  And the left coast is still brushing its teeth.Ā  No green dots in GlimmerBelle.Ā  5 dots up in SSP Noir, as has been usual lately.

But ... the gang's all here.Ā  And Patch looks ready to sail.Ā  As youtube says, "Watch later".

Ā 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.