The BIG Reveal -- WOW!

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks to @Fay Starlightfor pointing out a mistake. Mixing some Elven & Fairy magic together we uncovered this latest piece of Moledrian artistry: 4651eb0a1db41b1e12a1a9fc1552ced8.png

For these just corrected a few typos (think I got them all) 792b0018764f002fa8e246afea8f4e28.png

These are the corrected  singles (basically J grouping was wrong). So if you missed out on the perfect spot in one of these, you now have more chances :) 34c19cc37e1723870d9a6e54ce5436d7.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, MoondustMaia said:

I missed the initial limited release, too - but kept the land page up and gave it a poke now and then.  Got lucky with a poke while cooking dinner and got a house in Anagonye (yay!) but had to wait until after dinner to log in-world and check it out.  It's not directly on a waterway, but can access a waterway across the street, so I'm happy with that :)

After a quick TP to look at the house, I decided to come in properly from Rigamarole.  KUDO's to the Mole(s) or Linden(s)  who did the Dannielles region - that was AWESOME coming through on a little boat.

752562625_20210812Dannielles_002.thumb.jpg.dfbd0b52a884837409380a1170f353d1.jpg

I got caught a couple of times by the rolling waves and got knocked around a bit from it.  Once I reached the house regions, I was able to sail all the way through the waterways up to a little clearing close to my house.   Couldn't be happier :)

Oh my goodness I love your boat! Might I ask who made it or where I can find it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jolly Nova said:

Oh my goodness I love your boat! Might I ask who made it or where I can find it?

It was from Rainy Fey Creations - it's called "RFC - Fae Boat (RFL)" and the ad picture that came with it says that it was a RFL exclusive.  It looks like I got it (or at least I unpacked it) in early May 2020, so most likely it was from the 2020 Fantasy Faire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/14/2021 at 12:20 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe this was already discussed and I missed it.

From Patch's Flickr -- I think this is the first time I've heard anyone at LL refer to a section of the new Linden Homes as anything other than Bellisseria.  So..... is 'Fantasseria' the continent's official name or is Patch actually using a nickname for the fantasy home area?

image.png.3336a32e840fdad534c71bd5d791be8a.png

Ride the Luna Moth

I wish Osprey Therein was here to see that Lunar Moth.

• Like 1

So I think the insects and birds are different in the Forgotten Realm/Fantasseria

But since I haven't scientifically compared them to the other regions, I can't be sure. It took awhile to find the sound prims but you can with Beacons/Sound turned on, and they stick them up in trees or sometimes down by the shore in some lily pads.

I'm not going to lie, the thing that says "munch" -- the first thing I heard and it seemed to be getting closer -- is a little unsettling. I keep telling myself, "It's just a sound track. It is *not* coming closer".

I'm just so relieved I don't have a butterfly treadmill near my lot but just a Giant Crystal.

While I don't want "antmunch" I think the thing called "LH - Fantasy - Night Hound 01-03" - it's too bad that isn't in the content pack as a rideable creature.

666af672552dffb388a32075634b4d98.png.cef71151ff04cd0e04f75ad6752a226f.png

890efacbc261262192bad9371f26407a (1).png

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, MoondustMaia said:

It was from Rainy Fey Creations - it's called "RFC - Fae Boat (RFL)" and the ad picture that came with it says that it was a RFL exclusive.  It looks like I got it (or at least I unpacked it) in early May 2020, so most likely it was from the 2020 Fantasy Faire.

Aww bummer, thank you for letting me know! 

On 8/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

So I think the insects and birds are different in the Forgotten Realm/Fantasseria

But since I haven't scientifically compared them to the other regions, I can't be sure. It took awhile to find the sound prims but you can with Beacons/Sound turned on, and they stick them up in trees or sometimes down by the shore in some lily pads.

I'm not going to lie, the thing that says "munch" -- the first thing I heard and it seemed to be getting closer -- is a little unsettling. I keep telling myself, "It's just a sound track. It is *not* coming closer".

I'm just so relieved I don't have a butterfly treadmill near my lot but just a Giant Crystal.

While I don't want "antmunch" I think the thing called "LH - Fantasy - Night Hound 01-03" - it's too bad that isn't in the content pack as a rideable creature.

666af672552dffb388a32075634b4d98.png.cef71151ff04cd0e04f75ad6752a226f.png

890efacbc261262192bad9371f26407a (1).png

Sorry, the ant munch is just me in the corner eating chips, carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jolly Nova said:

Sorry, the ant munch is just me in the corner eating chips, carry on.

I have come to like antmunch. I listen for it. In fact, when I land in my house during the day, and I don't hear antmunch, I think, what's up? Is my sound not on?

Then I come back hours later at night -- antmunch is back. I think they hunt at dusk and then retire to munch on their prey late at night.

What is their prey?

The fact that I am writing this message lets you know that it isn't me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I have come to like antmunch. I listen for it. In fact, when I land in my house during the day, and I don't hear antmunch, I think, what's up? Is my sound not on?

Then I come back hours later at night -- antmunch is back. I think they hunt at dusk and then retire to munch on their prey late at night.

I'm still looking for antmunch. It must be rare; can't tell you how much sound sightseeing I've been doing to find them!

7 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I'm still looking for antmunch. It must be rare; can't tell you how much sound sightseeing I've been doing to find them!

Might Prok mean "Munching Insects"?    They only munch at night!   Stand right here in Acanthis, right now in fact, keep your camera close (if you are hearing things from camera position), and wait.  It's intermittent, but you will hear them crunching away away quite loudly :) 

The sound is a bit like someone walking over very dry hay.  But it's actually insects munching, and now I can't get the image of them lurking under the bridge chewing their cud out of my mind!  But I'm sure fantasy insects are pudgy little ladybug-type ones with glowy spots.

munching_001.thumb.jpg.19ecda7f8b9219a0af3574de45bdce08.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

M   They only munch at night!   Stand right here in Acanthis, right now in fact, keep your camera close (if you are hearing things from camera position), and wait.  It's intermittent, but you will hear them crunching away away quite loudly :) 

munching_001.thumb.jpg.19ecda7f8b9219a0af3574de45bdce08.jpg

Thank you!

• Like 2

By the way, I just now noticed something about the Fantasy regions.  I freed myself up to hop a bit, and got this parcel at the edge of Fenrir Forest.  This is along the northern border of the region, 1 house away from SSPE2539, -- the crystals you see beyond the house next door are close to the border.   [Btw, if anyone wants this parcel, let me know, otherwise I will be letting it go by tomorrow].  All around the coastline of Fantasseria, the edges look like this.

edge_004.thumb.jpg.ac24b5df586069dd395c43bf1bc4b252.jpg

I've never seen a road elsewhere in Belli terminate by just diving into the water.  There are no sheer edges on the land - the landscaping extends in a finished way just beyond the region edge.  I think these coastlines are all FINISHED.  If you have a parcel on the border of Fantasseria, you will always border water (or, more likely, an unbuilt region that looks like water).

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

By the way, I just now noticed something about the Fantasy regions.  I freed myself up to hop a bit, and got this parcel at the edge of Fenrir Forest.  This is along the northern border of the region, 1 house away from SSPE2539, -- the crystals you see beyond the house next door are close to the border.   [Btw, if anyone wants this parcel, let me know, otherwise I will be letting it go by tomorrow].  All around the coastline of Fantasseria, the edges look like this.

edge_004.thumb.jpg.ac24b5df586069dd395c43bf1bc4b252.jpg

I've never seen a road elsewhere in Belli terminate by just diving into the water.  There are no sheer edges on the land - the landscaping extends in a finished way just beyond the region edge.  I think these coastlines are all FINISHED.  If you have a parcel on the border of Fantasseria, you will always border water (or, more likely, an unbuilt region that looks like water).

surely they know how to terraform better than this

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I doubt very much they are leaving it like this. They've said that their process of building is to create and finish the regions building outwards i.e. add the coastline last (it wasn't originally how they did it but they changed the process). This was mentioned either in some Meet the Linden interview or in the Building Belliseria slides (not sure which version there have been two lots shown).

• Like 2

I took another look tonight and, well, while they COULD slip other regions around the rim of Fantasseria, personally I still doubt they will.  Except quite possibly between Barneys Fief and Hanjin - actually, maybe even 2-3 regions there.  But at least one, eventually, I think.  Remember, Patch has said more than once that Fantasseria is going to be a standalone continent, with a portal.  Well ... that's what it is right now.  But it isn't worth debating, we'll see in a while. 

Even if they don't build a Fantasseria coast, the moles certainly have enough coastline left to work on, what with the Northern Passage (north coast of LogLand) linking Olde Bellisseria to StiltHaven (I cannot WAIT for that to be built!), and both sides of the chalet subcontinent to finish.  I'm really interested to see if the east coast of the chalets will be a finished coastline, or will blend into the next (or, quite probably, the theme after the next one), with a mountain range to separate them.  Similar to the blend of the Vics and Logs.

• Like 1

those region edges definitely aren't finished at all, they look just like every other region edge that is waiting for another region to be butted up against it, so I think it's safe to assume there will be a coastline there.

The road poking out it also quite normal - whenever you have a road going across a region border, both regions need to have the road projecting out and overlapping, so that vehicles don't fall thru the surface as they cross.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

those region edges definitely aren't finished at all, they look just like every other region edge that is waiting for another region to be butted up against it, so I think it's safe to assume there will be a coastline there.

The road poking out it also quite normal - whenever you have a road going across a region border, both regions need to have the road projecting out and overlapping, so that vehicles don't fall thru the surface as they cross.

Indeed the region edges look totally unfinished, straight cut edges. Where I'm standing the land surface is at height 21 meters and water surface is at height 20 meters. There are only some bushes which extend just slightly from the region into the void. Interesting to see will they add natural coastlines to Fantasseria or not. Anyway, in Barneys Fief there is natural nice coastline.

f0b893de0e083f3f2b0b29f74b62e9d8.jpg

da9a4c5bed389b62aa861ea6a890a89f.jpg

Natural coastline at Barneys Fief 

7fbdd7a85d35eba4a44a16959a3da121.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Barneys Fief is a clone of Patchwork/Tamash region, yet the Moles have modified it to finish off it's western edge and give it a coastline as mentioned above.... and just one region further west is the Hanshin region of Jeogeot ¬¬

Coincidence? I think not ;)

Yep, clearly planned -- now all they would have to do is slot in a region adjacent to Willows Shire and Elfin Marbles to complete that part of the coast. That region would not be reachable from Hanshin as it is diagonal -- thus ensuring the only way in to Fantasseria remains south from Rigmarole.

My post earlier in this thread showed the clones.

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

If you see a region anywhere in Bellisseria where the edge of the land just ends like that next to a void, you can pretty much count on something being there eventually. 

Yay!  Now, about the north coast of the Log Homes, making that short cut from the stilt river to Olde Bellisseria?  😇

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.