The BIG Reveal -- WOW!

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I wonder what's in the content pack.Ā  SqueeeeeeeeĀ  I can't wait to find out.Ā  Maybe tomorrowĀ ā¤ļø

I stopped by a friend's house and she had some items out. Notable was a gorgeous water well with bucket attached. Hefty at 21 li but lovely looking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I missed the initial limited release, too - but kept the land page up and gave it a poke now and then.Ā  Got lucky with a poke while cooking dinner and got a house in Anagonye (yay!) but had to wait until after dinner to log in-world and check it out.Ā  It's not directly on a waterway, but can access a waterway across the street, so I'm happy with that :)

After a quick TP to look at the house, I decided to come in properly from Rigamarole.Ā  KUDO's to the Mole(s) or Linden(s)Ā  who did the Dannielles region - that was AWESOME coming through on a little boat.

752562625_20210812Dannielles_002.thumb.jpg.dfbd0b52a884837409380a1170f353d1.jpg

I got caught a couple of times by the rolling waves and got knocked around a bit from it.Ā  Once I reached the house regions, I was able to sail all the way through the waterways up to a little clearing close to my house.Ā Ā  Couldn't be happier :)

Ā 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, MoondustMaia said:

I missed the initial limited release, too - but kept the land page up and gave it a poke now and then.Ā  Got lucky with a poke while cooking dinner and got a house in Anagonye (yay!) but had to wait until after dinner to log in-world and check it out.Ā  It's not directly on a waterway, but can access a waterway across the street, so I'm happy with that :)

After a quick TP to look at the house, I decided to come in properly from Rigamarole.Ā  KUDO's to the Mole(s) or Linden(s)Ā  who did the Dannielles region - that was AWESOME coming through on a little boat.

752562625_20210812Dannielles_002.thumb.jpg.dfbd0b52a884837409380a1170f353d1.jpg

I got caught a couple of times by the rolling waves and got knocked around a bit from it.Ā  Once I reached the house regions, I was able to sail all the way through the waterways up to a little clearing close to my house.Ā Ā  Couldn't be happier :)

Ā 

Congratulations! : )Ā I can see from the land page this morning there are lots of abandons (other themes) there were 8 choices a moment ago - I was sleeping when they released but very much awake during todays timesĀ 

Edited by Chloe Bunny
clarification
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Congratulations! : )Ā I can see from the land page this morning there are lots of abandons (other themes) there were 8 choices a moment ago - I was sleeping when they released but very much awake during todays timesĀ 

In times like this, I wish we could save up attempts to get a house.... šŸ˜Ÿ locked out.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

In times like this, I wish we could save up attempts to get a house.... šŸ˜Ÿ locked out.

I've got one alt trying abandons and she is locked out too - my main is saving herself for the fantasy tries but it is hard not to click!

• Like 2

At the moment when SL night falls, all the bio-luminescence kicks in BAM and it's really amazing.Ā  Set your non-EEP viewer to use Day Cycles, Default Cycle to catch that moment.Ā Ā  I'm not sure, but I think EEP viewers will sync up automatically, on default settings.Ā  Correct me if wrong, EEP users!

I did not have to have Advanced Lighting (materials) on to see the effects, but it was more subtle, and the water was a lot better, with materials.

945699397_Acanthisbynight_001.thumb.jpg.e55c623694f92fb39e007b1621a4425d.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
add image
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I need help with the settings - I am running around having an explore using the region settings but all I am getting is this

Ā 

Snapshot_038.png

That's how it looks when it's day time in the region - no glow effects at all during day time. The glow effects happen only when it's night time in the region. Just use the region shared environment settings and wait for the region night to come.

It should be noted that if we change to night in our personal settings the glow effects will not appear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

That's how it looks when it's day time in the region - no glow effects at all during day time. The glow effects happen only when it's night time in the region. Just use the region shared environment settings and wait for the region night to come.

It should be noted that if we change to night in our personal settings the glow effects will not appear.

Thank goodness! I was completely stumped thank you :)

• Like 3

Great idea @Frigga Freidman!

I wondered in which attire my youngest alt should inspect the Fantasy regions!

And there it is among the Starter Avatars in the library! complete with horse!

The "Rhiannon"- Outfit from the Library - for men it is "Thomas"

This is the original tested at my stilt home

grafik.thumb.png.52907030c238ac34ed02247cedecf513.png

Ā 

... I'll add some individual details later ... head hairĀ  skin ...

But for the time being she looks quite sweet as she is :)

grafik.thumb.png.bdab3cbe4e1384dfe9bc4fdffea34bda.png

Ā 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Have I missed a post about only having 4 house styles to choose?Ā  I am hoping for the versions with fewer walls, but only have the "brookes" available.Ā  I've triedĀ resetting the house controller.

In Patch's post, he said only 4 were available so far, and the fewer walls versions would be coming shortly.Ā  I'm assuming they will show up in the mailbox selection once they are available. (?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Great idea @Frigga Freidman!

I wondered in which attire my youngest alt should inspect the Fantasy regions!

And there it is among the Starter Avatars in the library! complete with horse!

The "Rhiannon"- Outfit from the Library - for men it is "Thomas"

This is the original tested at my stilt home

grafik.thumb.png.52907030c238ac34ed02247cedecf513.png

Ā 

... I'll add some individual details later ... head hairĀ  skin ...

But for the time being she looks quite sweet as she is :)

Ā 

Ā 

I changed to my own skin and hair and then tried to use my own non-fancy basic mesh bodyĀ and, to my surprise, there were no unsightly bulges ;)Ā 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I changed to my own skin and hair and then tried to use my own non-fancy basic mesh bodyĀ and, to my surprise, there were no unsightly bulges ;)Ā 

Did that with Thomas and my malealt - the free Signature Classic Body anf the free AK M02 Head. Looks quite fantasy! ;) with and without horse!

grafik.thumb.png.7748e265ee6fa3950cf1677a496d6195.png

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6

• Moles
10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I did not have to have Advanced Lighting (materials) on to see the effects, but it was more subtle, and the water was a lot better, with materials.

That is on purpose. We realize not everyone uses (or can use) advanced lighting, and we wanted them to be able to enjoy the show as well, even if they aren't getting the full effect on lower settings.

• Like 17

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.