The BIG Reveal -- WOW!

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe this was already discussed and I missed it.

From Patch's Flickr -- I think this is the first time I've heard anyone at LL refer to a section of the new Linden Homes as anything other than Bellisseria.  So..... is 'Fantasseria' the continent's official name or is Patch actually using a nickname for the fantasy home area?

image.png.3336a32e840fdad534c71bd5d791be8a.png

Ride the Luna Moth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe this was already discussed and I missed it.

From Patch's Flickr -- I think this is the first time I've heard anyone at LL refer to a section of the new Linden Homes as anything other than Bellisseria.  So..... is 'Fantasseria' the continent's official name or is Patch actually using a nickname for the fantasy home area?

image.png.3336a32e840fdad534c71bd5d791be8a.png

Ride the Luna Moth

Obviously I think it should be the "Fantisseria" spelling - I see he has opted for the a. Originally I was thinking "Fantasia" where all the housework gets done for you as in going very well along the "sounding like Bellisseria" thing. But I reckon it was probably always in his mind - Fantasseria. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I believe this is the first time @Patch Linden heard & used "Fantasseria" -- in Belli chat Thursday, just before the release.  I have a chat log of the release, which I'd really love to post, but not sure that would be cool. Patch, Derrick & Abnor put on quite the show! 

At this point Flycan was alone in Rigamarole with Abnor, with no clue of what was coming down.  When done, Abnor 'clanged' the region ... you know, the clang that happens just before a region resets -- and left.  But there was no reset, and by the time Flycan got his teeth back in his jaw Abnor was gone.   Flycan eventually bumbled out to Rigamarole's edge, upped his draw distance, and saw the storm.  It seemed to build slowly, as weather systems often do.  FLycan dropped a few words about what he saw; Polenth caught on quickly.  Then, 15 minutes after Abnor left, Patch, Derrick & Abnor began redirecting the attention of the partiers down in Hanshin to the actual portal.  I hope they were sitting across from each other in a conference room chortling as they did it; the release was like a performance.

[2021/08/12 15:20:48] diamond Marchant: SSPE2539 looks portal-y to me

[2021/08/12 15:21:13] diamond Marchant: fantaserria is getting bigger

[2021/08/12 15:22:19] Atosuria Daviau: where are they builfing them any way on the map

[2021/08/12 15:22:19] Polenth Yue: Growing like a fungus.

[2021/08/12 15:22:31] Crystalina Halostar: lol

[2021/08/12 15:24:19] Flycan Resident: It happens, Rose. /me says, eyeing Abnor carefully

[2021/08/12 15:25:31] Camden McAndrews: Oh my! Good call, Diamond. Definitely portaly!

[2021/08/12 15:25:50] Heather Kenin (caren.admiral): did you get in? I tried but it didnt say you couldnt

[2021/08/12 15:25:55] Crystal Edelmann: Yes, significant portalishness going on down there.

[2021/08/12 15:29:04] diamond Marchant: not connecting is a policy decision, not a technical limitation

[2021/08/12 15:29:50] Crystalina Halostar: it was said though

[2021/08/12 15:30:06] Crystalina Halostar: its its own island

[2021/08/12 15:30:34] Polenth Yue: Last i saw, they said they were still deciding. And that the connection is a "portal of sorts", so who knows really.

[2021/08/12 15:30:50] Patch Linden: Fantaserria!

[2021/08/12 15:30:59] Heather Kenin (caren.admiral): Patch!

[2021/08/12 15:31:03] Crystalina Halostar: yes woot!!!

[2021/08/12 15:31:05] Polenth Yue: Patch lives!

[2021/08/12 15:31:20] Camden McAndrews: LOL Fantaserria works!

[2021/08/12 15:31:28] Crystalina Halostar: it does

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Vanessa Sakai said:

I got a new fantasty home today is it is not showing up as billible for tear purposes.  Is anyone else's showing the same way?

You only have to pay tier if you owned more than 1024m2 of land in the billing period (and then only for the additional m2 over the 1024). So, if you own no other land and haven't donated your tier to a group, you'll not have to pay any tier at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rowing through the rivers and remembering how Patch or one of the Moles said that the rivers are kinda like the roads in Fantasy land, I was thinking how cool it would be if they made a modern theme in a similar way. I know we have stilts on water, but a lot of them are on land - it would be so nice to have a modern build with the same amount of waterways that we see for the Fantasy homes:)

If anyone hasn't explored the waterways yet I thoroughly recommend it, it is a beautiful experience! (wearable boats are great for this!)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

one of the Moles said

That was Abnor :)  
  The hard thing is that part of what affords the canals to work are the type of roads in a region, the amount of parcels, and the theme. Modern roads are not nearly as flexible, and they take up far more room.  There are a few Chalet regions that have a bit of a canal thing going on, but it is just not the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

the canals

I love them. My road is a little canal flowing past my house.

My alt, however, had more of an enclosed space, all forest-y with surrounding plants and trees, very cozy.

So many appealing styles!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

That was Abnor :)  
  The hard thing is that part of what affords the canals to work are the type of roads in a region, the amount of parcels, and the theme. Modern roads are not nearly as flexible, and they take up far more room.  There are a few Chalet regions that have a bit of a canal thing going on, but it is just not the same.

So do a place without roads.  Everyone gets around on boats.  Like Venice.

venice.thumb.jpg.c9f0a85d7aee339dd19662f15a5a2c29.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 2:17 PM, LoganPryor said:

These are the "clones"  I've identified

3322137603722a85833ee0d31aea606d.png

The regions:

a87e9d389d1d73db72506b74e8e65014.png

99e6dd164348a4e522ab168ed2a948c6.png

As i mentioned earlier, SLB Mesmerize is a clone of the "L" regions

I have been using this today , and I want to thank you profusely. My first instinct was to go cross eyes on the colors and stuff, but I really appreciate it and all the effort! :)

• Like 5

On 8/16/2021 at 1:31 AM, Fay Starlight said:

I have been using this today , and I want to thank you profusely. My first instinct was to go cross eyes on the colors and stuff, but I really appreciate it and all the effort! :)

Thanks Fay. I know some are quite snobby about cloned regions, but I don't mind. Besides, once people start decorating, regions become individual. If I see what are to me desirable locations, it's good to know there are more chances to get one. :)

Edited by LoganPryor
  • Like 1

I'm actually a little underwhelmed. I expected assets to get re-used a lot, but it seems worse than I anticipated.

The houses themselves look like the traditional homes except with different trim.

Overall it's kind of uninspired, considering what could have been done with the concept of "fantasy". I suppose if you like the log home regions and the traditional home houses but always thought there just wasn't enough glow, this will appeal to you.

One thing I will say is really cool is the Bermuda Triangle inspired transition from the other zone over to these. Take a boat through there at some point if you get a chance, it's worth it.

6 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

I'm actually a little underwhelmed. I expected assets to get re-used a lot, but it seems worse than I anticipated.

The houses themselves look like the traditional homes except with different trim.

Overall it's kind of uninspired, considering what could have been done with the concept of "fantasy". I suppose if you like the log home regions and the traditional home houses but always thought there just wasn't enough glow, this will appeal to you.

One thing I will say is really cool is the Bermuda Triangle inspired transition from the other zone over to these. Take a boat through there at some point if you get a chance, it's worth it.

One thing to consider is that the more extreme you go with any style the less people it will appeal to.  There are many styles of fantasy, and some are quite extreme being almost all glow and purple (I call that 'candy-cane fantasy').

That's why I'm impressed with the new fantasy area...I think they struck a good balance -- it's a fantasy theme for sure (all the nature elements are not what you see in traditional nature) -- but it's not overdone.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2021 at 4:58 PM, Rabid Cheetah said:

So do a place without roads.  Everyone gets around on boats.  Like Venice.

venice.thumb.jpg.c9f0a85d7aee339dd19662f15a5a2c29.jpg

That would be beautiful. Privacy might be an issue though. I wonder if every other building was simply a shell, providing more privacy between the living spaces in buildings, if it could work. Not sure if enough private residences could fit into a region though if every other building was a shell.

Years ago I designed a region with a huge chalet meant for apartment living and an intricate French garden, at the request of my client. I advised against it, as I didn't think people would go for apartment living in the chalet where each apartment was backed up against the other, although they had ample space to wander through the French garden.  Sure enough, though the region was beautiful nobody liked to live that way (without enough privacy).

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That would be beautiful. Privacy might be an issue though. I wonder if every other building was simply a shell, providing more privacy between the living spaces in buildings, if it could work. Not sure if enough private residences could fit into a region though if every other building was a shell.

Years ago I designed a region with a huge chalet meant for apartment living and an intricate French garden, at the request of my client. I advised against it, as I didn't think people would go for apartment living in the chalet where each apartment was backed up against the other, although they had ample space to wander through the French garden.  Sure enough, though the region was beautiful nobody liked to live that way (without enough privacy).

Well, perhaps it's about time the LH crew built a place that WASN'T all about privacy.  Not something as cramped as apartments.  Venice might work for that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoganPryor said:

Thanks Fay. I know some are quite snobby about cloned regions, but I don't mind. Besides, once people start decorating, regions become individual. If I see what are to me desirable locations, it's good to know there are more chances to get one. :)

Hey there! So Caliburn Rock released, and it is listed as a clone of Cochon Bleu,  I have a place there---on Cochon  Bleu---for the life of me this new on Caliburn does not look like Cochon---it looks like Greenstone to me! 

I don't know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well, perhaps it's about time the LH crew built a place that WASN'T all about privacy.  Not something as cramped as apartments.  Venice might work for that.

I have heard some express a desire for city living...but would it be enough people to be worth the effort of a new theme?   I wonder how the Berlin regions do with renting out apartments (if they're even still around).

It's not so much cramping in an apartment that's the issue -- it's more auditory privacy that's lacking when your living space is right up against your neighbors space.  You can hear everything they say in chat, which is annoying to many as it's almost like they are right inside your own apartment. That's why there needs to be a 10m space between apartments at least.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 12:17 PM, LoganPryor said:

These are the "clones"  I've identified

3322137603722a85833ee0d31aea606d.png

The regions:

a87e9d389d1d73db72506b74e8e65014.png

99e6dd164348a4e522ab168ed2a948c6.png

As i mentioned earlier, SLB Mesmerize is a clone of the "L" regions

I absolutely and totally LOVE this! Logan rocks! Now  I want to make little paper cutout tiles and add dots on the edges for rivers and roads and reshuffle Fantaserria.

On a different topic, the Fantasy  theme is wonderful but I am wondering if TOO MANY Fantasy regions were rezzed. I have been looking at the Linden Homes selection page and noticed that the following 6 themes are almost always available: Trad, Camper, Log, Stilt on Land, Chalet and Fantasy. Victorians are sometimes available.  Stilt on Water, Stilt on Pier and Houseboat are rarely available.

This indicates to me that water-based homes are undersupplied and land-based homes are oversupplied. I consider Fantasy homes to be land-based because there is no room (physically or aesthetically) for the types of boats that sailors actually use (see any marina on the Blake to see what we sail).

If one is trying to increase premium subscriptions, I suggest putting in a column of houseboats north of Buffalo Springs (site of a most wonderful runway) and connecting them to Stromberg (bet this isn't the first time you've heard this one).

Edited by diamond Marchant

12 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

On a different topic, the Fantasy  theme is wonderful but I am wondering if TOO MANY Fantasy regions were rezzed. I have been looking at the Linden Homes selection page and noticed that the following 6 themes are almost always available: Trad, Camper, Log, Stilt on Land, Chalet and Fantasy. Victorians are sometimes available.  Stilt on Water, Stilt on Pier and Houseboat are rarely available.

This indicates to me that water-based homes are undersupplied and land-based homes are oversupplied. I consider Fantasy homes to be land-based because there is no room (physically or aesthetically) for the types of boats that sailors actually use (see any marina on the Blake to see what we sail).

Well I'm a believer you can't have too many regions:) But I agree about the water themed homes - they are the least available ones. I don't know why they don't build more of the houseboats, overwater and pier stilts - perhaps they are more challenging in terms of building, packing houses in and configuring. But they clearly are the most popular.  Having said that,  they can only build a certain amount of homes, so one or two of the themes is bound to be more popular and less available.

My guess is that they may put some more houseboats in above the top part of Stilt land (in the same way as there are a bunch just below), and there are a few more regions of Stilts to release, but again the majority of those Stilts are on land, so I doubt the demand for Stilts on pier or water will be met. But also I think it's not just about being on water, but the water environment itself - for example the stilts that are on purely water (i.e not a bit of land around or piers) are really unntractive (IMO), yet that configuration makes the most sense in terms of being able to pack more houses into a region. I don't necessarily think people want more of that type, or maybe they do....? I think the Fantasy regions might go someway to satisfying those that  want some water around.

Of course, we don't know what the final two themes will be, there could be more water to meet the demand but somehow  I'd guess not. There hasn't been a theme to replace the Asian theme of the old homes yet, so I'm thinking that might be one of the two that comes next (is it too early to start a 'what's the next theme after Fantasy?' thread😁).

New themes aren't going to fill as fast as before, because they're getting closer to a realistic number of houses. It doesn't make it a good idea to put out less of the new themes, as they will fill up. They're just filling with people who don't pay attention to when things launch. They'll wander by in six months and be surprised there are new houses.

On the bright side for water home people, there are a bunch of stilts regions to go and I bet the unfinished coast areas will have some more houseboats.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.