The BIG Reveal -- WOW!

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Patch said we would be Wowed.. .and he was right.

Personally I am not into fantasy at the depth many of my friends are, and I was prepared to "not like" fantasy.. envisioning homes in trees and mushrooms and maybe under lakes. But what the Lindens and the Moles created... Truly Amazing. It is stunning... and even believable. The homes are large, well laid out and very practical The landscaping is beyond description.

I am impressed and I think I want one when they come out. How about you?

I took a couple of pictures. they dont begin to do justice to what was created.. but if you havent seen it yet, maybe this will give you a hint. And my congratulations to Patch, the Lindens and the Moles... amazing work!!

fantasy reveal - House_001 (2).png

fantasy reveal - bridge_001 (3).png

fantasy reveal_001 (3).png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I definitely want to check it out. I am not sure though that this theme is my thing. It feels a little like I would have to suspend a lot of "reality" (I know, don't we already do that) to get into this release. I have to check out the demo area to get the full feel. And then maybe I need to deck out my alt as a fantasy avatar and jump in head first.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Patch said we would be Wowed.. .and he was right.

Personally I am not into fantasy at the depth many of my friends are, and I was prepared to "not like" fantasy.. envisioning homes in trees and mushrooms and maybe under lakes. But what the Lindens and the Moles created... Truly Amazing. It is stunning... and even believable. The homes are large, well laid out and very practical The landscaping is beyond description.

I am impressed and I think I want one when they come out. How about you?

I took a couple of pictures. they dont begin to do justice to what was created.. but if you havent seen it yet, maybe this will give you a hint. And my congratulations to Patch, the Lindens and the Moles... amazing work!!

fantasy reveal - House_001 (2).png

fantasy reveal - bridge_001 (3).png

fantasy reveal_001 (3).png

Off work! Can't wait to get inworld to see the reveal.  How exciting and Great pictures Teresa!

• Like 8

Think I'll be keeping my stilt a bit longer. The interiors are great if anything many of the rooms are bigger than I know what to do with, just everything else about the theme doesn't do it for me. Then again I was never a fan of the old Elderglen theme. That said I am looking forward to seeing how people decorate the inside of the homes

• Like 5

I put some photos and comments on Twitter @prokofy

I think the flora and fauna are the best part of it -- there are new trees, flowers, rocks and also you can hear birds that are different. They are really well done. There are elf bridges and such.

I'm a big fan of crystals and magic woo-woo so I would like these better in principle than other LH areas.

The one thing is the houses seem sort of too-big and bland -- but on the other hand, they aren't too weird with twisty mushroom caps and spinning wizard things like the first round of Linden magic homes in Elderglen and such, and that's good, as it won't scare away the norms.

Quite a few of the LHs are not spacious enough, the first Bellisseria houses were downright dinky and maybe meant for Dinkies, even the cabins can feel cramped, so I have to say, these are really spacious inside and so you can sit in your magic forest and not feel at all cramped.

I dumped some LHs recently, I had a really excellent camper spot on the waterfront with a fishing island that most people would hang on to, with nice sandy areas and dirt roads but it was the boat houses in the view that was the buzzkill for me, I really don't like them. So I'm debating whether to join the stampede when the magic ones drop or maybe this will be a time in fact to look for a chance to get a great waterfront on an older LH.

Really, the Moles have done an excellent job, they get better and better and their plants now are completely respectable -- and I wish they were in the library.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 9

I have visited and revisited the demo area and I have a couple of questions for the developers (moles and/or Lindens).

1. Every time I have gone there, it is always nighttime.. stayed for 2 hours and was night the whole time. Leads me to ask, are the environments for these homes always set to night?

2. I noticed that the LI allowance on the demo parcels was 468 instead of the usual 351. Is that just a coincidence of the demo area, or will we get 1/3 extra LI on these homes?

I would be very grateful if someone official and "in the know" could please answer them. Thanks much. :)

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I have visited and revisited the demo area and I have a couple of questions for the developers (moles and/or Lindens).

1. Every time I have gone there, it is always nighttime.. stayed for 2 hours and was night the whole time. Leads me to ask, are the environments for these homes always set to night?

2. I noticed that the LI allowance on the demo parcels was 468 instead of the usual 351. Is that just a coincidence of the demo area, or will we get 1/3 extra LI on these homes?

I would be very grateful if someone official and "in the know" could please answer them. Thanks much. :)

I think you have to call @Abnor Moledirectly so he's noticed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

-------------------------------------------------

I dumped some LHs recently, I had a really excellent camper spot on the waterfront with a fishing island that most people would hang on to, with nice sandy areas and dirt roads but it was the boat houses in the view that was the buzzkill for me, I really don't like them. So I'm debating whether to join the stampede when the magic ones drop or maybe this will be a time in fact to look for a chance to get a great waterfront on an older LH.

Really, the Moles have done an excellent job, they get better and better and their plants now are completely respectable -- and I wish they were in the library.

I think I will try to get a waterfront Victorian when the Fantasy theme is released. The Traditionals are feeling too small now, when all styles from Victorian and up, has better sized rooms. In the Traditionals, I was living in the add-ons I made.

The coastal areas of the newer Bellisseria are individually built too, so they have those really unique spots that was 100% older Bellisseria.

• Like 7

• Moles
4 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I can't get into details of the first question. We'll leave that to Patch when he's ready. As for the second, when the demo was cloned into place it was put on a 30k region. The actual regions will have the same LI as all the other Linden Homes (22,500). A 1024sqm parcel will have 351LI.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.