Flexi hair. Yes or no ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like Flexi and still wear it from time to time because it's one of the only reliable ways to get a curly hairstyle that doesn't look like somebody spent 3 hours doing their hair. They just jumped out of the shower and let it go.

Not in to that half-flexi with hairbase thing other than just an updo ponytail. Really just looks incredibly awkward when I see it on people. Full flexi hair or mesh_flexi for me.

So yeah it is still around, but moreso in an awkward phase unless you go with older hairs still out there.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 1

I dumped Flexi the minute I could, but without movement hair feels much like a ball cap to me.

I went with Exxess's "Breeze" series, which I believe uses animated strands, for just that tiny touch of movement. Very realistic, I've never had any lag issues wearing it compared to any other hair (flexi or otherwise), and I just love all the Breeze styles. Lots to choose from.

I have a few longtimer brands I love for top quality that do not move. But I really prefer Exxess Breeze hair over all others, because of the movement.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

While the idea of flexi hair is nice, the reality is, it still looks odd when your hair disappears inside your body.  

My RL hair does it too.
Every single one of them (that is still left).

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

I do actually enjoy watching somebody with flexi hair moving around, because it does add some extra sense to the experience.

There are several "old" SL things that actually are still good, they just got pushed back into the closes as everybody rushed after the latest shiny new crazes.

• Like 3

In fact it is so simple:
Dress the way you like, wear whatever you desire.
Who cares what others say, wear or think you should wear.

I hope we all left high school thinking and sorrows behind us by now.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Anyone else miss flexi hair and whats the solution ?

I don’t miss it. I don’t understand how people can say it’s so realistic when it sways and moves through your head, neck, shoulders and any other body part. Looks like you have a bunch of glitchy strings on your head. It’s an eyesore in 2021. It had its run and now it needs to disappear completely. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why?  Because you say so?
I still have an standard avatar body. Do you have orders\demands for that too?

No, its just my opinion. But if youre asking, I can expand my opinion to the default avatar lol. Mind you, I dont see default avis in any of their new marketing material. Or flexi hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

There are several "old" SL things that actually are still good, they just got pushed back into the closes as everybody rushed after the latest shiny new crazes.

But actually, I agree, in a sort of general way.

The best mesh hair these days has anything older than a couple of years beat hands down in terms of quality of texturing. But I do have a couple of mesh styles (short cuts) with bits of mesh to add some movement, and they look great I think.

And I'll still occasionally run across something made with prims and sculpties that is a marvel of creativity and detail. I certainly miss the days of really digging into building in-world.

• Like 2

The most elegant solution as far as flexi hair goes was when it was combined with mesh hair a few years ago. There are some older styles that still look good and have some features the newer flexi hair styles don't like color change and resize. Alpha mesh hair kind of pushed it to the wayside, but its been enjoying a quiet resurgence. It still looks great for pictures.

What has happened is some newer, younger users have discovered it and breathed some new life into it, but they haven't quite figured out the features and scripts to improve it. I give it a year to a year and a half before they figure out how to combine mesh and flexi.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.