I love those quirky super realistic avatars, any ideas?

ColeLaScotta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am so obsessed with very realistic quirky avatars. Human ones that is. Mine always lands up 'pretty' and a bit barbie to be honest. Any quirky avatars here that would be kind enough to share their pic and tips? In real life most people carry a bit of weight I suppose, some not, they have bad hair days, wear unusual glasses etc. is there a group I can join? I am so over the barbie look (as well as the supersized this and that). Any tips would be amazing.

sing__001.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ColeLaScotta said:

wear unusual glasses

Since 1975 has some: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Since1975/107/104/23

They also have this as one of their group gift: glasses.thumb.jpg.cab2fb77c0265c1f614600fc0ff82062.jpg

Izzy Button carries many customization solutions, such as blemishes, stretch marks, scars, etc., to make your look unique: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/40543

This is one example:

face_imperfections.jpg?1564843836

That's all I can think of for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Izzie's BoM add-ons are the way I go to make my avis unique.  I think their faces look realistic, but that's a matter of opinion, I guess.

This one starts with Lelutka's Lilli Evo head.  

Skin Amara Beauty Nellie fair.
Brows are Simple Bloom ShieldsHunter
Lelutka's Blush #3
Izzie's Veins, Lips, Freckles
And Hair with headcloth is n0.match No Saint.

The little pink tattoo is my own.

Accessories, like specs can make a big difference.

52482852_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1507-15-48.thumb.png.4ecae6601984e680a01a09705c53b1ab.png673793342_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1507-28-59.png.1703e63f56ad77f639b7f77773c1fbdf.png

• Like 2

Something I've pretty much always done to help avoid the 'barbie' look is to include some imperfections of shape, too. Having the mouth and/or nose slightly off 50 in either direction for example, creates a slight asymmetry. 

• Like 4

Here's my non-barbie approach:

careycrop2.thumb.jpg.834fdaa31108bdd27f533437b4bfb61a.jpg

The nerdiest glasses I can find (from SORGO, well worth a visit if not only to get inspo from the portraits hanging on the wall there :D), add-on ears from l'etre angled a bit out and maybe a bit oversized, assymetric features as per Orwar (even on the add on ears...) and some of the stuff from Izzie's lie Trophy/Anna mentioned together with the goofiest facial animations from the Catwa HUD. Skin is from Pink Fuel btw. Oh, and hair from Dura!

careycrop.thumb.jpg.3dd8822decc14d836d0ea056f10c868e.jpg

Also cleans up quite nicely when going a bit easier on the ears and adding some makeup I think ;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Like many others I wear a ton bom layers to achieve a more realistic look. Skins out of the box often are far too perfect and smooth for my tastes so I add a lot of little things  that I think make a pretty big impact on the overall look. Skin discoloration around eyes, eyebags, fine lines, skin pores, eye lid shine, and natural blush on cheeks &nose. Izzies is one of the best places to look for things like these. Other stores I highly recommend : Jack Spoon, Ladybird, Heaux, War Paint, Avarosa/Finer Things, AlaskaMetro and Deetalez. Me for reference:

metho.jpg.8ac1be09a09d60f274f101299bc883b0.jpg

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what is the super realistic about the pics posted? ( no specific poster)  .. those look nice, no discussion about that, but realistic?

SL is about that you'd like to be, or for some people, not being like you are at all.

Nothing about it is super realistic.  Certainly not to anyone other than the maker!

What was the point of your question again?

• Thanks 1

Since the OP mentioned being "over the Barbie look" (AKA: the kind of perfection or 'model looks' that many strive for in SL), I took their question to mean not exactly avatars that look wholly realistic (e.g. close to real life in the entirety of their appearance) but rather avatars who are unafraid to wear certain more true-to-real-life things, such as eye bags, wrinkles, a bit of additional weight, age spots, etc. Basically, something other than the look of perfection that so many avatars have.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 13

I always notice eyebrows when they're more natural and "brushy" instead of looking drawn on with an eyebrow pencil. I like skins that already have this but if they don't, SimpleBloom has a good variety, including some messy ones too.

With hair, the ones with strays and out-of-place strands can add a bit of life to your avi's look. Try tram and barberyum (or is it barberyumyum?).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

SL is about that you'd like to be, or for some people, not being like you are at all.

Nothing about it is super realistic.  Certainly not to anyone other than the maker!

What was the point of your question again?

Because the OP asked about super realistic avatars. To which, aside from AylarL none of the posted images are realistic at all.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, ColeLaScotta said:

I am so obsessed with very realistic quirky avatars. Human ones that is. Mine always lands up 'pretty' and a bit barbie to be honest. Any quirky avatars here that would be kind enough to share their pic and tips? In real life most people carry a bit of weight I suppose, some not, they have bad hair days, wear unusual glasses etc. is there a group I can join? I am so over the barbie look (as well as the supersized this and that). Any tips would be amazing.

sing__001.png

What's wrong with being a Barbie?? At some point super realistic avatars become super creepy.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Since the OP mentioned being "over the Barbie look" (AKA: the kind of perfection or 'model looks' that many strive for in SL), I took their question to mean not exactly avatars that look wholly realistic (e.g. close to real life in the entirety of their appearance) but rather avatars who are unafraid to wear certain more true-to-real-life things, such as eye bags, wrinkles, a bit of additional weight, age spots, etc. Basically, something other than the look of perfection that so many avatars have.

Oh I love this post. Yes! I probably didn't word it well enough, however you have. Those that are unafraid, but in all ways, to be quirky, heavy, have a big nose whatever that means to them. I adore those avatars. They are to me, so interesting.  For me personally I am over the 'very pretty' beautiful and sexy avatars. Or dashing handsome ones! Give me quirks any day! Thank you. 

• Like 6

On 5/15/2021 at 6:27 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

what is the super realistic about the pics posted? ( no specific poster)  .. those look nice, no discussion about that, but realistic?

I think she means realistic in the sense that they are not trying to look like a supermodel but rather a regular person, Yes they still look like an SL avatar rather than an actual human being, but an avatar version of a person you might see walking down the street.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.