How about a Daily Log In Reward?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm playing this game which has a daily log in reward and I log in every day to get it. I also do a daily set of quests. I think something like this might work in SL. Log in one day and get twenty lindens. Log in the next and get a pose. Log in fifty days in a row and get a mesh head! Log in one hundred days and get a day with a Linden!

What do you think? Another great idea from me? Or should we put this back into the file drawer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

There used to be a L$50/wk stipend for logging in at any point during the week. I think some ancient accounts that never went Premium still might collect it. Not the same, I realize, but it's a kind of precendent.

Otherwise... no days with Lindens, please. They don't need me distracting them while they fix the damned Map and all the other bugs.

• Like 5

Hmm...I think Bree makes a good point!

Perhaps residents should get 100L for every year since their rezday. So if you've been here 10 years, you get 1,000L a week B| And just to make it even more fair, the amount doubles if your name begins with 'R' 💲

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

if you log in every day LL send you a pack of stickers in the mail. 

Everybody love stickers. 

Or they can do a trading card. With signed cards.

Or if you login everyday you enter a competition and the winner  can have a linden employee for a day. 

Or you can become a named Linden for a week like @Bree Giffen would become @Bree Linden. 

• Like 2

Free L$ will always be gamed.

If daily login/activity bonuses weren't exchangeable for real currency that would be fine, hence my super popular suggestion of a secondary in game only currency.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/424997-should-sl-have-a-secondary-100-in-game-currency/

Although it would be really nice if more was made of rez days, even if it was just a cake emoji next to your username everywhere on that day. Anything that drives positive interaction is a good thing IMO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

Everybody love stickers. 

Porcupine | San Diego Zoo Animals & Plants

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Although it would be really nice if more was made of rez days, even if it was just a cake emoji next to your username everywhere on that day.

That would be nice.  I always forget my own ( It was last week. 🎂 )

If you need an incentive to log in. Then do you really want to be on SL in the first place? I think this is the worst idea ever. I mean like cmon, people log in cause they want to login. Not cause they are incentivized to. That is basically stating I don't want to login, but if you give me free stuff when I continually login. Then I will.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Free L$ will always be gamed.

If daily login/activity bonuses weren't exchangeable for real currency that would be fine, hence my super popular suggestion of a secondary in game only currency.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/424997-should-sl-have-a-secondary-100-in-game-currency/

Although it would be really nice if more was made of rez days, even if it was just a cake emoji next to your username everywhere on that day. Anything that drives positive interaction is a good thing IMO.

Yes but the thing is, that your idea is like our parents telling us we need to go outside, or we need to socialize, and them going. If you do this, I will give you 20 bucks. Same with this idea, if you go and do this, I will give you free stuff just for doing it. I feel like people shouldn't be made to feel like to do any of that. And that we promote natural healthy and positive interactions, without the need for an incentive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yes but the thing is, that your idea is like our parents telling us we need to go outside, or we need to socialize, and them going. If you do this, I will give you 20 bucks. Same with this idea, if you go and do this, I will give you free stuff just for doing it. I feel like people shouldn't be made to feel like to do any of that. And that we promote natural healthy and positive interactions, without the need for an incentive.

20 bucks for going out? Hell yes. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yes but the thing is, that your idea is like our parents telling us we need to go outside....

Yes. Exactly. Gamification has been broadly demonstrated effective, you wouldn't have to participate to benefit from such systems being in place.

SL should have made it abundantly clear that we're not always the most self motivated bunch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yes. Exactly. Gamification has been broadly demonstrated effective, you wouldn't have to participate to benefit from such systems being in place.

SL should have made it abundantly clear that we're not always the most self motivated bunch.

But the problem I have with Gamification, is this. People are just gonna log into SL to essentially "achievement hunt"  That and you basically turned SL into a mobile format of game, that has all those systems.

Not everyone has to use it. Those who log in will reap the benefits and it might be the right incentive to retain people. Maybe a daily login with tiered rewards based on your rez day. I think actual lindens should be left out as rewards. That should fix any exploitation. I made my idea great again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.