Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Catwa broke the Marketplace, lol. I can't log in and buy other things.

12 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

whelp, i am missing 6L so maybe I got 6 copies somewhere 🙄

You should get a warning, that you already bought the head. I got that warning when I thought my purchase failed, and went back to the product page.

"

This website is under heavy load

We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later."

I think Catwa managed to do a DDos Attack on the marketplace.  I'm sure LL will have a word with them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

Same error for me too.

I guess free heads on the MP isn't such a great idea after all.

24 hours is set up for a panic response. "I must get it now or else it will be too late". I would guess that LL talks to Catwa and ask them to announce that the offer will be extended. LL can not have the Marketplace down.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

24 hours is set up for a panic response. "I must get it now or else it will be too late". I would guess that LL talks to Catwa and ask them to announce that the offer will be extended. LL can not have the Marketplace down.

i doubt if it will help to extend .. the lelutka madness was also not really a great success( in meaning of access) the first two days

but... who is to blame .. a mp that isn't up for selling or catwa for do a sale this way. A little better pre communication with the mp team would have been wise.

While it's good on one hand to prevent your own sim from crashing due to a inworld sale, it's now pretty bad Catwa carries the freebiefight to MP affecting everyone else. Other creators are unable to access their merchant home to manage listings as also shoppers not running for the gifted head barely are able to browse for other things with MP crashing under their finger. I get it that it is not Catwa's fault that MP can't handle such a rush, but this was fully to expect.

A week inworld sale would have been better for everyone .. in my oppinion. But don't worry about the limited time on MP, Catwa wont be able to access her own listings either to change the price when the time is over.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i doubt if it will help to extend .. the lelutka madness was also not really a great success( in meaning of access) the first two days

but... who is to blame .. a mp that isn't up for selling or catwa for do a sale this way. A little better pre communication with the mp team would have been wise.

If Catwa really want to reach out and let many have this head, they should pack it in the group notices.

No overcrowded locations, no Marketplace errors.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If Catwa really want to reach out and let many have this head, they should pack it in the group notices.

No overcrowded locations, no Marketplace errors.

totally true ....IF all group issues were solved? ( didn't really follow that recently) but they will only reach the groups... i think a larger part of users isn't in it, and if this is to promote ..for own group isn't really needed, it's the new or re-new customer to reach.

Careful people, if you keep refreshing your purchase may duplicate.

I kept refreshing and the head was still in my cart (still is actually). Next thing I know, I was asked to purchase more lindens because the purchase went through a few times already 🙈

• Sad 1

They can really be proud of themselves. I can't even reach the marketplace at the moment. Get a 504 Gateway Time-out error.
I guess each and every female and female alt is trying to get this one.
Why not a week promo or a month?
Looks like a vanity offer to me to show how important Catwa feels.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Let me say first that no one should dictate a store or a creator how to give out gifts. It is 100% up to them. 

.... and then comes my "but".

But, is it really smart to create such a panic, that also affect all Marketplace shoppers and Marketplace sellers?

Catwa, as a brand, could be seen in a negative light. The positive weight of those who manage to get the head, will it weigh up for the others? Those who tried to get it and failed, and all Marketplace users who doesn't care about Catwa at all, they will just use the Marketplace.

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

totally true ....IF all group issues were solved? ( didn't really follow that recently) but they will only reach the groups... i think a larger part of users isn't in it, and if this is to promote ..for own group isn't really needed, it's the new or re-new customer to reach.

Good point, but as I see it, the group notices causes less harm of the three options:

• Marketplace
  • Inworld location
  • Group notices.

Everybody can search up the group and join it from their SL home or the sandbox, whatever they want. It will not harm those who want to use the Marketplace, or are lagged out because people camp in the regions around the store and try to cam in.*

Would that cause more group issues than the known ones? I do not know. 

*Edit: Catwa first had the Freya head in their store, and had to move it to other locations because no one could get in there to get the freebie or buy other products. And it was a huge problem for neighboring regions.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.